Nine

Two Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi woke up Sunday morning and stumbled to the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror and was confused to find the bathroom looked very different this morning. Her eyes still half-open, Seulgi glanced at the counter and found one toothbrush...shouldn't there be three? Her eyes suddenly opened wide. She didn't go home with someone last night did she? Although she was 100% sure she hadn’t had anything to drink, Seulgi wasn’t sure how awake she was when she finally got off her shift. Just as she was about to start kicking people out, more streamed in and her boss told her and Jessica to close up around 6am instead. By the time everyone left, Seulgi was a lifeless zombie, carrying herself around before completely passing out around 8am when she finished cleaning the bar with Jessica.

 

She tiptoed out of the bathroom and let out a relieved sigh. Her eyes remained on Joohyun who was still fast asleep in her bed and Seulgi chuckled and left the bedroom. She found herself in the kitchen and casually began pulling things out of the cabinet, turning the oven on. The least she could do for the older girl was cook her breakfast, as she’d already stayed the night at her house two days in a row. Seulgi smiled to herself as a million thoughts about Joohyun ran through her mind. She set down the plate on the table and covered it up so it would stay warm for Joohyun. Then she looked for a paper and pen and wrote the girl a short note before she made her way back to the bedroom to grab her jacket.

 

Throwing it on, Seulgi walked to the front door and slipped on her shoes before opening the door and tiptoeing out. As soon as the apartment door closed behind her, Seulgi reached into her pocket for her cigarettes but couldn’t find them. She pulled out a piece of paper and a key instead. The paper was a short note, that seemed to be in Joohyun’s handwriting.

 

Just in case.

 

Seulgi looked at the key and then back at the apartment door and put the key into the keyhole. It fit perfectly and Seulgi turned it to lock the door. Turning the handle to see if it really did lock, a small smile appeared on her face. Her cheeks turned a little pink and she put the key and the note back in her pocket, forgetting what she was originally looking for. Clearing , Seulgi began her search for the elevator to find herself out of the building.

 

***

 

Yerim squealed as she received a light poke to her side. She turned around to find Sooyoung looking at her worriedly. “Seul didn’t call?”

 

She shook her head sadly and looked back at her textbooks. Sooyoung however, ran her hand through her hair and began to pace back and forth in the room. Suddenly, she began to regret everything she said to Seulgi two nights ago. Her anger took over and she didn’t think logically. Smokers couldn’t quit in the blink of an eye, Sooyoung should’ve known that. Cracking her knuckles, Yerim stood up and put her hands on Sooyoung’s shoulders to stop her.

 

“You’re making me dizzy just from watching, calm down. She’s old enough to take care of herself-”

 

“What if she did something? What if she got upset and tried to do-”

 

The sound of a door opening stopped the two from talking and they both sprinted to the living room. Seungwan stood in the middle of the room, holding Seulgi by her collar. “You three. Sort out your problems and don’t let her out of the house until she gets some more sleep.” Throwing Seulgi in front of Sooyoung and Yerim’s feet, Seungwan spun on her heel and walked right back out of the apartment.

 

Seulgi coughed and stood up quickly, scratching at her head. She gulped and glanced at the two younger girls who had their arms crossed. “I...I’m sorry, I’m still trying to quit, I should’ve called to tell you I was fine…”

 

Yerim just chuckled and jumped into Seulgi’s arms, hugging her tightly. “Shut up, just remember we’re always here for you, okay?”

 

Seulgi nodded her head and kissed Yerim’s forehead before waddling over to give Sooyoung a hug, with Yerim now on her back.

 

***

 

Joohyun finished the last of the dishes and blew air out of . She sat down on the couch and played with the remote for a couple minutes before turning the TV on. Leaning back, she flipped through channels before stopping at some drama she’d never heard of. But the actress looked familiar so she decided to give it a try. It had only been about five minutes and Joohyun was confused as to what the hell was going on. The two leads were also annoying her with their constant bickering. Why couldn’t they just hurry up and kiss or something? Joohyun thought, finally turning the TV off and standing up.

 

Her face scrunched up and she realized she had nothing to do, and so she sat back down and sighed. Unlocking her phone, she casually clicked on her contacts and scrolled down to a number. A smile appeared on Joohyun’s lips as she read the name it was saved under.

 

Poison

 

She contemplated calling the girl and almost did it. But a little voice in her head told her not to do it. It wasn’t like she’d have anything to say. Sighing, Joohyun locked her phone and walked back to her room to take a short nap.

 

***

 

Seulgi gulped the hot chocolate down in one shot and stared at Jessica and Tiffany who sat across from her. Jessica wanted to meet up with the younger girl so they could become closer and feel like casual friends rather than just coworkers. Tiffany tagged along, not that Seulgi minded at all. In fact, both girls were the perfect eye candy for the young girl. She’d always smile shyly when they touched her. Not because she had any feelings for either of them. But ever since the two stepped into Seulgi’s life, the younger girl found that they both had these auras that surrounded them that she didn’t know how to describe in words.

 

She had no idea what they did outside of work (until now) and both seemed too beautiful to be real. Their personalities equally matched their looks. Jessica was really funny in a kind of unfunny way. They’d be laughing at a joke and Jessica would say something and they would all stop, only to burst in laughter at whatever the hell she just said. Tiffany was adorably cute in the way where even if what she said wasn’t funny, you’d still laugh or at the very least smile. Her smile was so contagious, Seulgi found her cheeks would start hurting only ten minutes into a conversation with the woman.

 

“So...Seulgi…” Jessica slowly started, glancing at Tiffany who just giggled a little bit and leaned forward in anticipation. “What’s up with you and Joohyun?”

 

Seulgi almost choked on the air she had just taken in. Looking around for water, she grabbed the cup Jessica held out while laughing, and swallowed the water hastily. She looked at the two who were still expecting an answer out of her. Leaning back in her chair, Seulgi had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter