Three

Two Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun put down the folder and glanced at Sooyoung. “I have one last question.”

 

The girl waited expectantly, preparing an answer for the question she thought would get asked.

 

“Why should we hire you?”

 

Sooyoung smiled.

 

Joohyun sat there in shock, the girl didn’t even hesitate or look nervous as she immediately gave out an answer.

 

“Earlier when I asked you what qualities you were looking for in a candidate, I gave you reasons as to why I fit every single one of those qualities. I would like to expand my experience and my goal is to help everyone else reach their own goals here and hopefully make the team stronger.”

 

Sooyoung finished and cleared , watching Joohyun for a reaction. The latter was slightly annoyed as she had expected this question to confuse Sooyoung or at the very least the girl would have to think about her answer for a few seconds…

 

Joohyun suddenly stood up, gesturing for Sooyoung to do the same. “We’ll call you within 24 hours with our decision.”

 

***

 

Seulgi sat on one of the bar stools and looked around the club. It was a Monday and four in the afternoon, so it was basically empty, and the music was quiet. Other than the man who was sitting at the end of the bar, crying with a drink in hand, and the woman who was actively speaking on the phone while drinking from a glass, Seulgi hadn’t seen anyone at work today.

 

She had barely made it to her shift after her test. It was difficult getting to the club as she had to go through a lot of traffic during the general time that everyone would be having their lunch break. She sighed for possibly the hundredth time that hour and looked around at the empty room. Seulgi frowned when she spotted a cigarette a few metres away. She looked at the two who were busy and walked over to it slowly, picking it up and shaking her head.

 

“Smoking inside the club...I should tell Seunghyun about this.” Seulgi threw it out and walked behind the bar counter, leaning against it.

 

Her mind couldn’t help but think about the girl from the other night. Seulgi was mostly annoyed. She wasted two cigarettes for the girl. Two.

 

Yet that Bae Joohyun didn’t even care. The girl was so rude, cold, annoying and yet Seulgi found her incredibly interesting. She laughed at herself quietly. It wasn’t like the two had a good time together and it took Seulgi the whole night to get her name. She shook her head. This was no good for her, she’d rather not think of someone she’d probably never see again.

 

So Seulgi brought a stool to where she was standing and sat down with her arms crossed. Every once in a while she’d get up and bring the crying man another drink. The woman on the other hand had left quickly, giving Seulgi a pretty generous tip and a cute smile.

 

“Good day!” The woman waved and left the quiet, empty club.

 

Seulgi checked the time after a while, to find that it was already 5:30pm. She wished someone other than the crying man would make their way into the club soon. The door opened and Seulgi glanced up, only to find a familiar girl looking back at her.

 

Seulgi smirked and waved her over. The girl rolled her eyes and sat on one of the bar stools, across from Seulgi.

 

“How did it go?”

 

Sooyoung smiled. “I think she expected me to be stupid, the lady was different from the one I saw last week when I first went, I think the owner interviewed me today.”

 

Seulgi nodded slowly. “Maybe, what do you mean though?”

 

“She looked surprised everytime I answered her, I guess she didn’t expect someone my age to give better answers than the typical ones…” Sooyoung shrugged, “give me something to drink?”

 

“No.”

 

“Seulgi pleaaaaaaaase~”

 

“I’m older than you and I say no.”

 

Sooyoung pouted and glanced at the man who had just choked back a sob. The young girl looked between him and Seulgi before leaning in towards the older girl. “What the ?”

 

Seulgi let out a sound almost like a growl and slapped Sooyoung on the back of her head. She glanced at the man to see if he noticed and sighed in relief when he just continued to cry. Seulgi looked at Sooyoung and sighed. “Don’t swear or you’re doing dishes for a month.” She whispered under her breath.

 

Sooyoung smiled and did a peace sign, “okay!”

 

Seulgi watched the man briefly before turning to the younger girl in front of her. “I’m not sure what it is this time but he comes in a lot and gets really drunk and sometimes he cries. This is the first time her cries this much though…”

 

“ahh…” Sooyoung nodded slowly in understanding, watching the man. “Poor guy, I wonder what’s wrong…”

 

***

 

Bae Joohyun stepped out of her restaurant at 10 o'clock and took a deep breath. For some reason she was a lot more tired today than any other day, so she closed up early. Customers weren’t very happy as the place usually stayed o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter