Two

Two Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi frowned as she heard screaming from inside her apartment. She hurriedly got out her keys and burst through the door only to find her two close friends on the floor. They looked up at Seulgi and burst into giggles.

 

A third girl appeared and she sighed. “I tried to get them to stop…” She scratched the back of her head and shrugged, walking towards the door and putting on her shoes. “I should get going now that you’re here, my parents are probably worried, see you Seul.”

 

Seulgi nodded slowly, still glaring at the two young girls who had now stood up straight and were giving her nervous smiles. “Later Wendy.”

 

The door closed behind Wendy and Seulgi walked towards the two menacingly. They both screamed and attempted to run away but Seulgi grabbed them both by the collars of their shirts.

 

“Kim Yerim...Park Sooyoung…” Seulgi almost growled. Pulling them back so they were beside her, she looked at them both. “What the hell were you two doing?”

 

Both spoke at the same time.

 

“YERIM WAS TRYING TO TICKLE ME.”

 

“SOOYOUNG WOULDN’T STAY STILL.”

 

Seulgi sighed and let go of them. She walked past the two and into the kitchen, that was thankfully cleaner than the last time she left those two alone. Perhaps Wendy had cleaned after them. “Don’t cause so much noise, this is the only apartment I can find that I can actually afford, I don’t need to get kicked out because of the trouble you two cause.”

 

Neither girl said a word and they simply followed behind Seulgi like two lost puppies. The older girl started the coffee machine and leaned against the counter, waiting for the water to boil. Sooyoung elbowed Yerim and pointed to the fridge with her head. Yerim just looked confused.

 

“Food.” Sooyoung whispered,

 

“ah!”

 

Seulgi watched Yerim run to the fridge and take out some dishes. She smiled. “Don’t worry about that, I’m not hungry, I’ll eat later. You two go to bed.”

 

Yerim glanced at Sooyoung who shrugged. The two ran to give Seulgi kisses on the cheek and then ran off to their shared bedroom, giggling on their way. Seulgi made a face of disgust and wiped her cheeks with the sleeves of her shirt. She turned to the coffee maker and put a mug under the dispenser, pressing a button. Almost automatically, coffee began pouring into the mug and soon it was filled to the top with black, bitter coffee.

 

Seulgi picked up the mug and walked over to the dinner table. She set her coffee down and then began to set up her textbooks and notes. Her eyes looked around the room as she searched for her laptop. Finding it next to the stove (for some strange reason), Seulgi grabbed it and sat down to work. What she found even more strange was when she realized her laptop was on sleep mode, and when she turned it on there was a weird recipe open.

 

She glanced at the dishes that were set on the table earlier and smiled softly. “Idiots…”

 

***

 

It was a miserable Monday.

 

Well, a miserable Monday for Joohyun who absolutely hated her life at this point. What was the point of a good job and a decently rich family when she had nothing to do but work. She chugged her coffee down and slammed the cup down on the table, which caused a little bit of the coffee inside to spill.

 

She closed her eyes and took deep breaths, “relax Joohyun. Just four more hours.”

 

Joohyun grabbed tissues from the box beside her and patted them down on the table. She checked the time after throwing the coffee-stained tissues away and sighed. It was time for her to get back to work.

 

The second she stepped out of the small room, she was hit with a bunch of questions from her employees who had been waiting for her to get off her break.

 

“There’s this angry customer who keeps refusing to pay because he didn’t like his food, what do we do?”

 

“We ran out of some side dishes that customers are asking for-”

 

“I can’t find any more menus, what do I do?”

 

“A man just-”

 

Joohyun waved her hand to shut them up, “let him go, I’ll pay. Tell them if they wait about five or ten minutes the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter