Chapter 1

I'm A Daddy?!

This was definitely not what Jongin had expected as a fan gift. He couldn't even remember which girl could have possibly gotten knocked up by him in the past two years. Of course he had had a few drunken one night stands with all the that happened with his band members and all but that was like only recently. And there was no way in hell he would go into a fling without a unless he was hammered and lacking quite a few functional brain cells. Which he was almost positively sure never happened. Not that he could remember. Not that it was a good sign--

He stared at the child that his band member and leader was holding, utterly speechless. The baby burped before breaking into a fit of giggles, obviously enjoying himself at the expense of Jongin's uprising panic attack. 

"This must be a joke. It probably really is a new nephew I don't know about and my sister is playing a cruel joke on me. It's her way of punishing me because I didn't visit her in ages. Definitely. I'll go call her and lash at her for giving me a mini heart attack and promise to visit more, so she'll definitely come pick it up and yeah. It'll be alright." 

Joonmyun arched a brow at the lame excuse that even Jongin found too hard to believe.

"You're calling your child an it now, Jongin? I thought you liked them and wanted like three of them when you grow up. Listen, I really don't care who this baby belongs to and where did it come from. Right know all we know is that he has your genes and it probably came from your little flicker over there and it's your responsibility. Hide him from the manager and the company until you find out what to do with him, got it? And don't you dare ask me to change his diaper or help you. Your , your problem." Joonmyun was a cold, heartless, leader indeed. 

"It was little only when I was like fifteen!" Jongin protested, although he knew that at the moment, whether he had a shortage down there or not, wasn't very important.

"That's what you took from all I just said?" With a groan, a chubby chunk of baby was shoved into Jongin's arms and Jongin could do nothing but stare at those big eyes, chubby cheeks, tiny nose and pouty lips of a baby. His baby?

"At least you're cute. At least I make cute babies." He mumbled to himself before sighing loudly as Joonmyun glared at him. Joonmyun soon went back to his room and left Jongin alone with the baby in the living room. Joonmyun probably had to catch up on some hours of sleep. Like all of them.

 

A week after the oddest incident the group had ever experienced (Well almost. That time a fan snuck into their dorms and drained their sewage to get her hands on their feces is definitely still number 1 on the list), they still had a child on their head that had to be hidden in a basket of clothes more than once when their manager decided to pop up unexpectedly. The only one time they had put him there right after a shower, when the child was , he managed to poop all over their clothes and Sehun whined so much that Jongin had to buy him new clothes just to keep him quiet and make sure that the little brat won't tell anything to their manager.

Needless to say that no, it was not Jongin's sister's child and Jongin was utterly speechless and clueless as to what to do and what lie to make up to his sister when he talked to her about the child so she won't go to their parents and tell them Jongin had an illegitimate that early in his life. He started with blaming his sister for freaking him out by leaving her new baby at their dorms and giving them all a heart attack only to have her lash back at him that he is a and should think before he excuses her of some strange things. But the moment both their anger at each other subdued, she suddenly realized what her brother just told her and quickly became curious.

"You... got a child delivered to you? Your child?" She began as he almost choked up and just barely came up with a stutter... "O-oh Jongdae! It's your friend's child they asked you to babysit! Oh okay, okay. Well, sis, we figured it out! Thanks, bye!" He spoke to his pillow that he contemplated choking himself with. 

Jongin wouldn't have given much thought about the child if it wasn't for the fact that his band mates gave him the stink eye when he suggested to give him up to adoption. Surprisingly enough, it was Sehun who was the most against the idea of giving the child up. He claimed that the baby is so adorable that he will definitely help him win some bonus points with the ladies. And that finally he has a cute tiny Jongin to play with because "old" Jongin grew boring and gross. Jongin just assumed that Sehun is just happy to see him suffer every time a diaper started to smell.

It wasn't like Jongin disliked babies. It really wasn't that. He liked kids a lot... when he only had to take care of them for an hour or two at a time. When suddenly a child was stuck to his side all day long, which only added up to their already hectic schedule, Jongin just felt like life isn't worth living anymore.

During their work days, Jongin makes up excuses about his sister leaving her baby for him to babysit and their manager had to look after the child while the group performed, but slowly even that excuse seemed to grow old and more suspicions rose up among people in his company.

Being a single dad to a baby he got from a one night stand would only bring more chaos to his poor group who had already suffered a bit too much, so Jongin knew he had to keep the true story a secret. He just had to hope that whoever that mystery girl was, she would eventually come back for the child and that this whole story will be behind him. He was willing to provide for the child if that's what the female wanted, but he definitely did not want to be responsible for another human being so early in his life. Maybe when he's 30 he would think about it. But not at the prime of his career and when he is so young and carefree and all he wants to think about is how to have fun the next day without causing a scandal to his group and company.

 

As time passed, Jongin began losing hope that he would be able to find a humane solution to his little problem.

"Hey Jongin-ah~" Jongdae cooed to him as he held up the lump of fat at the younger's face. With a groan and a sniff of the air, Jongin realized what this meant. He sighed, very loudly, and got up to take care of his mistake. He kept thinking at times that perhaps calling that little chubby piece of cute a mistake might be too mean of him. But one look into the child's diaper and his guilt faded away.

"What the hell did Jongdae feed you?! Hyung! What did you do? I asked you to watch over him while I practice the new dance. Must you be an ?"

Jongdae walked into the room, looking horrified. "How dare you say words like that in front of the child? What if he picks up those nasty words and his first word will be something horrible? Do you really want to be the father with the child who keeps saying curse words because that's all he knows how to say? Don't you think I didn't hear you say the 'f' word more than once around the child the past week or so."

Jongin just rolled his eyes and sighed at the accusations. He heard it numerous times during the while he had to take care of this child and it's not like he didn't like to listen to his hyungs. It was just that they were annoying and stupid and they were more annoying and stupid when there was a poopy baby in his arms.

 

"What are you laughing at?" Jongin glared at a giggling child, his lips pursed together. "Is it funny that you poop like every two hours and I have to clean it up? I want to see you cleaning up my dump and rubbing my clean and buying all those damn expensive lotions because you get rashes more than we do after we dance for hours in leather pants." He grumbled in frustration and the only reply he got in return were little puffs of air coming from a pair of tiny, plush lips. 

Jongin changed the child's diaper and picked him up to check him out. His clothes were getting dirty faster than he managed to get them washed and it was starting to be a problem. He liked blaming it on the child for being such a messy eater that couldn't keep food in his mouth and would more often than not spit half his food out, but he deep, deep down he knew he really couldn't blame the child. Jongin was often restless and impatient and would feed the child larger spoonfuls than the child could handle which would make him spit up the excess before he could choke up. Jongin can't lie that last night when the child started coughing and crying as he choked up one a spoonful of pureed apples, he almost felt like crying himself. He was in so much panic that he just yelled and ran around and called everyone else in the dorms to help him save the kid. Whether or not he warmed up at the kid, he wasn't sure, but he was sure that he didn't want to be responsible for the death of a baby. 

Jongin decided he should go shopping for the baby. Like clothes and maybe more food and everything he could think of. But it was hard as it is and he had to keep borrowing favors from his friends to buy those things for him and he was running out of favors to ask, especially because most of his current friends were also quite publicly known and could not risk pictures of them buying so much baby things on newspapers. 

Jongin took a deep breath and went online. It was a rare free day for them so if he wanted to go shopping for the child, that day was the best day to do so. He searched online for makeup tutorials and then "borrowed" a bunch of makeup supply from everyone in the dorms before he began his journey of a makeover. 

 

When he was done, he definitely didn't look as good as the artist online did, but he hardly looked like himself as well. His eyes and nose looked sharper, jawline and cheeks looked slimmer and lips looked smaller. The magic of makeup. 

He picked up the child and quickly took his leave, leaving just a note behind saying he went out. 

 

His day out with the kid was fun... relatively. And Sehun was not wrong. Despite the fact he kind of looked like his face had dived into a makeup palette, so many girls stopped to coo and fawn all over the little baby. And despite the fact that Jongin was tense each time someone approached them because he thought he was revealed, he kind of enjoyed the fact that so many people thought his baby was cute. Well duh, he came from the marvelous of Kim Jongin, he kept thinking. But honestly, he was kind of happy the kid was getting the attention he lacked since he was dropped off in their dorms. 

No one recognized him because somehow luck was at his side and his high end brands of makeup luckily stayed on his face during the entire time he was out without having to retouch it or have it melt off and reveal his true identity. 

He actually ended up making a few round trips from the dorm and back to the city as he bought his child everything he needed for probably the entire following week. He bought the kids enough clothes, and at different sizes, that he would literally have clothes until he's like three. He got so many diapers and baby powder and lotions and creams and gels and everything he could get his hands and eyes on and even supplied his kid with food for the entire next week and a half before he finally reached back home and collapsed on the couch with a tired groan. 

Baekhyun was the first to enter the living room and scream at the sight of the stranger who was sitting on their couch. He reached quickly to fetch up the child and scream at the stranger to leave, which made the previously calm baby, burst into tears. 

"Yah! What the hell, hyung! I had him calm all day and you ruin it with your bull." He groaned and reached back to the baby and panicked Baekhyun that kept running around to search for a phone so he could call the police. 

 

Baekhyun calmed down slowly as it dawned upon him who exactly was he facing.  "J-Jongin?" He choked, soon bursting out in laughter as Jongin snatched the baby away with a groan. "Yeah, genius. Can't recognize a guy you were living with the last how many years? Gee.. your wife is gonna be one lucky lady. One day she will wake up to her husband yelling and running around like crazy because he forgot how she looked like." Jongin scoffed as he rocked the baby and tried calming him down. 

The entire scene soon invited the whole group to the living room to check out what's going on only to have half of them on the floor upon seeing Jongin's face. "What the hell did you do? You look like the lovechild of Sehun and Jongdae!" Chanyeol snorted.

Jongdae and Sehun stopped laughing so they could stare at Jongin and after a minute or so of some uncomfortable staring while he was trying to calm an hysterical child, the two burst out laughing again as they agreed with the statement. 

"I'm the father!" Sehun called out quickly only to have Jongdae smacking him on the back of his hand. "Who the hell said I will even mate with a brat like you!"

As everyone in the living room kept laughing, Jongin started to grow a headache and although he finally managed to calm down the baby, he couldn't do anything against his band members. Beside glare, hiss, curse and wish they all choked on their laugh. 

"ing idiots. I'm surrounded by immature idiots." He murmured as he placed the baby on the floor to crawl around and went to wash off his makeup. At least he bought everything he needed for the kid. At least he was productive. Who cares if they laugh at his makeup stunt, it worked. And that was all that mattered.

 


 

a/n: Decided to make this chaptered and not a oneshot anymore. Hope you'll like it anyway and hope you like the FINALLY PUBLISHED first chapter.