I'm Stupid For You

I'm Stupid For You

“Hye Jin! Hye Jin! Have you seen Lee Hye Jin around?!” A group of girls shouted through the hallways of Pledis High.

Lee Hye Jin, the girl they were looking for, walked quickly around the corner with her notebook shielding her face as she tried to not be noticed.

“Was that her?!” One of the girls pointed.

“Shoot…” Hye Jin muttered, about to make a run for it when two guys pulled her to the small gap between the end of the lockers and wall, the tallest one standing in front of the opening blocking her from anyone’s view.

“Oh~! Mingyu oppa! Won Woo oppa!” The girls stopped immediately to greet them. “Have you seen Hye Jin unnie around?”

“Nope, haven’t seen her.” Won Woo replied, shaking his head. “Why don’t you check the library?” He then suggested.

“Okay, thanks!” They hurried off back down the hallway as fast as they could.

Once the group of girls were gone, Mingyu stepped away to allow Hye Jin out of her hiding place.

“Thanks, guys.” She sighed, coming into view.

“No problem. Seems like you’ll never catch a break from those fangirls, huh?” Mingyu lightly patted her on the shoulder.

“No…” She frowned, hugging her notebook close to her chest. “It’s great my brother is popular… but I can’t even walk down the hallway without getting chased by girls anymore.”

Lee Hye Jin is a third year at Pledis High. She’s talented in many things ranging in school subjects to music as she plays the piano very well. Her grades are definitely something to be proud of, getting nothing but straight A’s in every class. But does anyone really even know this about her?

She’s actually known around the school as cutie Lee Chan’s older sister. That’s all she’s really known for, honestly. You could say she was a nobody before Lee Chan, her younger brother, entered high school. He was instantly popular along with his other friends, making girls swoon left and right with one look, one laugh, and one smile. In no time, he made friends with the other popular boys in school, those being in second year and third years just like herself. Mingyu and Won Woo were among the popular second years Chan had befriended.

I feel bad for you.” Mingyu frowned. “I wish they’d leave you alone.”

“It’s okay.”

“Is it really? You should tell your brother to do something about it?” Won Woo protested.

“No… I don’t want to worry him. I’ll be okay, really! I was always good at ‘Hide and Seek’!”

“Are you sure? ‘Cause I just found you.” Suddenly her classmate Jisoo showed up behind them.

“It only counts if I was actually hiding from you.” Hye Jin chuckled. Jisoo was one of the popular third years in the school.

“Then that’s good.” He smiled. “Let’s go, you said we were going to the library to study-”

“Ah, maybe the library isn’t such a good place to be right now.” Mingyu interrupted him. “Try the rooftop or something?”

“Thanks, Won Woo.” Hye Jin pouted at him.

“You’re welcome!” He grinned. She rolled her eyes before heading down the hall with Jisoo.

“Chan’s fangirls still giving you problems?” He asked as they started up the stairs.

“A little…” She mumbled in reply. “Just nine more months left to go!” She said in a forced cheery tone. It was currently May right now… and school didn’t end till February next year. She had a long school year ahead of her.

“You can do it.” Jisoo said behind her. “I believe in you.”

“Thanks, I really appreciate it.” She smiled over her shoulder with a slight blush.

Hong Jisoo, a third year just like her. They’re classmates and have been classmates for the past year, since second year. Even when she was a nobody last year, Jisoo still made conversations with her and even invited her to eat with him at lunch a couple of times. They did study groups every now and then with his other friends, so they were technically friends, but weren’t entirely close. When Chan entered high school, that’s when they got to know each other a bit more, but still remained at the typical friends stage.

For awhile now, Jisoo’s been finding himself not wanting to be just her typical friend from school. He wanted to be something more as he found himself falling for her since their first year! Even though they weren’t in the same class, he just seemed to be drawn to her shy yet outgoing personality whenever he saw her around the school. She was shy around strangers, but more comfortable around her classmates and sometimes outgoing. He unfortunately didn’t make any efforts to talk to her back then, but the next year when he found out they’d be in the same class, he definitely started to make the effort then

The two finally made it to the rooftop and sat up against the wall near the entrance/exit before pulling out their textbooks to study off. Recently, they’ve been studying together like this, just the two of them. He wasn’t sure why she didn’t invite the others, but upon finding out what they’re studying… he understood.

They were studying English and she was always embarrassed when she had to speak it, knowing she had a noticeable accent. Knowing his friends, she didn’t want to be made fun of for it, so she asked if it could only be her and him which he happily agreed. He’d rather have it like this anyway!

So far, this has to be his favorite time of the week, when they’d meet up to study English. He loved it when she tried to speak the Language he grew up with, being born and raised in L.A before moving to Korea after middle school. That was another reason why he hadn’t approached her during their first year, he wasn’t too confident in his Korean just yet.

His friends admired how he put so much effort into perfecting his Korean during his first year so he could finally make decent conversations with everyone without being awkward. But soon after when they saw him talking to Hye Jin, they began to , asking if that’s why he worked so hard, just so he could talk to a girl! They still do it even now, but he just ignores them.

“Let’s start.” Jisoo said, facing her. “Hello.” He spoke in his fluent English.

Hello.” She replied back, looking nervous.

How are you, today?

I am good, and you?

That’s good to hear. I’m glad.” He smiled softly at her.

That’s?” She tilted her head. He laughed before explaining that it was a combined word, it was shorter for That and is.

“English is so hard.” She sighed, covering her face. Of all the subjects she was good in, she struggled with English the most. [So does this author]

“Doesn’t seem like it, Miss A+.” He pointed out.

“I know! But…” she rested her head back onto the wall. “Speaking it is entirely different compared to writing it.”

“It’s okay, I understand.” He assured her. “You’re doing better, though.”

“Really?”

“Your accent is still there, but don’t worry, it’s not that noticeable anymore.”

“Aish…” She let her head drop in frustration.

“There’s nothing wrong with your accent, I think it’s cute to be honest.” He gently nudged her with his arm.

Her head shot up quickly and she looked at him embarrassed. “But the others make fun of me for it…”

“Who cares.” He chuckled. “Does it matter what they think?”

“I guess not.” She looked down, realizing he had a point. She shouldn’t be so worried about what others think.

“They’re only joking, too. So don’t worry about it.”

Okay.” She gave a thumbs up.

Good.” He also held a thumbs up. “Shall we continue?

Yes, please!” She nodded quickly, picking her book back up, eager to keep learning.

She too liked this time of the week, when they’d meet up to study English. She always found him speaking it to be so fascinating. He was fluent and she really hoped that one day she’d be as fluent as him so they could have a good conversation in English.

 

 

Another week had gone by as Hye Jin cautiously walked down the school hallways. She was on her way to the art room, someone had requested her help over there, so she was on her way over praying she wouldn’t run into Chan’s fangirls.

She finally made it to the art room and entered after knocking at the door.

“Hey, Hye Jin!” One of her classmates came skipping over to greet her.

“Soo Min?” Hye Jin asked, parting from their hug. “I didn’t know you were in the art club?”

“I just joined, recently!” She replied, sounding excited like always. “Jeonghan suggested I join since I’m always doodling on my notebooks and textbooks and… anywhere, really.”

“Yah!” Hye Jin flicked her on the forehead. “You shouldn’t be doodling in your textbooks!”

“I used pencil! Relax, they erase easily.” Soo Min pouted, rubbing the sore spot on her forehead.

“Well, this should be good for you, doodle away!” Hye Jin grinned, pointing at the the sketch book the girl had put down when she entered the room.

“Okay!” Soo Min chimed, returning to her spot as Hye Jin made her way over to the student in charge.

“Someone asked for my help?” She asked, getting the other student’s attention.

“Oh yeah, here.” He looked up briefly before handing her a paper with a list along with an envelope. “The president is too busy right now helping some first years, so he asked if you could gather these for him.”

“Oh.” Hye Jin accepted the paper, slightly confused. “Uhm… why me?” She decided to ask.

The guy looked up at her like she had asked a stupid question. “Classes are over for the third years today, he needs these by the end of today. Maybe he trusts you more, Miss A+.”

“Okay… got it.” Hye Jin nodded, turning to leave. Why does everyone keep calling me Miss A+?! She thought as she left the room. Well, okay, I get it but…

She left the school to gather the listed supplies at the art store a few blocks from the school. She still didn’t know why she was chosen for this as she checked out and paid with the money that was included with the envelope she was handed earlier. She was glad there wasn’t too much to carry and thought, maybe she should have had someone come with her? Everyone seemed busy though, despite classes being over.

Her classmates Jisoo, Jeonghan, Seungcheol and Junhui liked to help any struggling students with last minute studying before classes. She really admired them for that. Most would think they wouldn’t be the type to waste their time with things like that, but you’d be surprised. They just really cared for their schoolmates. She thought to join them on their littler tutoring gig, but she was always shy when it came to total strangers and wasn’t too confident to try it. There was four of them, so there was enough tutors to go around.

When she finally made it back to the art room, the president of the art club had returned.

“Here you go.” She sat the supplies onto the table before handing back the list and receipt along with any left over change from the purchase.

“Thank you.” He simply said, not even sparing her a glance. She realized maybe he was just busy and frustrated from trying to help the younger club members.

“Then I’ll get going now.” She said before turning around to leave.

“Wait a minute.” He suddenly spoke, stopping her in her tracks.

“What is it?” She asked, turning back around. He pulled out one of the foam boards and held it up before holding up the list.

“I listed 5 mat boards, not foam board.”

“Oh?” She frowned. “Some of the writing on the list was smeared when it was given to me. I couldn’t really make out what that item said, I’m sorry.”

“It’s still readable.” He pointed out. “Matboard.” Of course it was readable to him, he’s the one who made the list in the first place!

“I’m sorry.”

“Aish, are you stupid or something?” He sighed, running a hand through his hair. “Why do I need foam boards, what am I going to do with them?”

Hye Jin stayed quiet. She tried to assure herself that the president was just stressed right now and that he didn’t mean to say that… but it still hurt as she was rarely ever called stupid.

“Is it that you couldn’t read it or you don’t know the difference between a foam board and a mat board?”

“Hey, Prez, chill out.” Soo Min spoke up nearby, not liking the tone he was using with her.

“Well?!” He snapped.

“I’m sorry.” Was all Hye Jin said in reply.

“Do I even have enough time to go get the mat boards? I don’t think I do.” He said, irritated as he looked at the clock. “Note to self, never send an idiot who doesn’t know anything about art to pick up art supplies.”

“Yah! That’s not nice!” Soo Min stood up from her seat, finally done watching him be a jerk to her as she came over to stand by her friend. “Don’t call her an idiot unless you’d like to admit you’re one, too! Why send someone who’s not from the art club anyway, that was your wrong doing, don’t chew her out for your mistake!”

“Out, both of you out!” He shouted. “You’re dropped from the club.” He pointed at Soo Min, obviously disliking her back talk.

“Whatever, I didn’t like this stupid club anyway!” Soo Min replied, knocking all the supplies on the table off onto the ground. {o.o} “Good luck getting any new club members once words get around about how you treated me and Chan’s sister.”

The two were out of the art room in no time, walking down the hall.

“You okay?” Soo Min asked, her arm wrapped around Hye Jin with a worried look.

“I’m okay.” Hye Jin said with a weak smile. “It was my mistake… I didn’t know there was a difference?”

“Whatever! It’s not your fault, it’s his fault!” Soo Min frowned. “I’m sorry, maybe I should have gone with you… I’m a third year, too!”

“Let’s just forget about it, okay?” Hye Jin suggested. “I don’t want to start drama with that guy… and I don’t want Chan to worry, either.”

“C’mon, Hye Jin, don’t let that jerk get away with calling you an idiot when we all clearly know you’re not!”

“It’s okay. Let’s just drop it, please.”

“Aish… fine.” Soo Min sighed, feeling bad for her friend. “But you know me! I won’t be able to sit still for long, the truth will come out sooner or later!”

“I know.”

The two headed to the library for a bit until school let out since Hye Jin always made sure to go home with Chan on days like these.

“Noona~!” Chan cheered as he ran up to give her a huge hug like he always did. The sounds of his fangirls squealing at the adorable sibling sight could be heard all around them as his other friends showed up, making a small crowd around them for Hye Jin’s sake since she didn’t like all the attention sometimes.

“Hey, Channie.” Hye Jin smiled, returning her brother’s hug. “Ready to go home?”

“Already?!” He pouted. “Can’t we go somewhere fun? Like the arcade or something?”

“Yeah! Let’s go to the arcade!” His classmates shouted in agreement.

“Alright, you can go with them.” Hye Jin smiled.

“You won’t come with us?” Chan asked, looking up at her with puppy eyes.

“No, you go play with your friends for a bit. I think I’ll just go home and do some more studying. There’s always room from improvement.”

“But you’re so smart!” Seungkwan exclaimed. He’s correct, she is smart. “Is there really any more room to improve?”

“There is.” She nodded. There’s always room for improvement. “Go play while you can.” She added.

“Okay, then I’ll be home before dinner!” Chan smiled, giving his sister one last hug.

“We’ll go supervise.” Mingyu joked as he and his friends went after them, leaving only the third years.

“If you’re just going home to study, why don’t we do another study group?” Jeonghan suggested.

“No, that’s okay…” Hye Jin shook her head. Now her friends were getting worried by her sudden behavior. She never passed up a study group before, something must be wrong. “I’ll leave first, then. See you all tomorrow.” She waved before leaving out the school gate.

“Is she okay?” Junhui asked, obviously concerned.

“She’s fine, I just think she’s tired.” Soo Min tried to assure them, but it didn’t seem like they were believing her as they watched Hye Jin disappear around the corner. The remaining four decided to still do their study group anyway.

 

 

It was finally Friday. It had been three days since Hye Jin’s been acting strange. She seemed down ever since Monday, and her friends wondered what could have happened that day to make her this way? They tried asking Soo Min but she told them she wouldn’t say since she promised Hye Jin she wouldn’t. So something did happen, but what was it?

“You should go,” Jeonghan said to Soo Min, “it’s about time to meet at your art club, right?”

“Oh… that. I quit.” She smiled sheepishly.

“You quit?!” He frowned. “Why?! I thought you liked it there?”

“I thought I did…” she mumbled, looking down to her doodling before her.

“What happened?” He worried. “You didn’t get along with the others?”

“More like the president.” She blurted out.

“The president?” Jeonghan asked, tilting his head in cunfusion.

“Yeah, he was so rude!” Soo Min couldn’t help it as flashbacks from Monday played in her mind.

“Rude?” Jisoo asked as he was sitting nearby. They were in the library, studying. They were luckily in one of the talking zones.

“I’ve had it, I can’t keep it a secret anymore.” She frowned. “The art club president basically chewed Hye Jin out for a mistake he made… he called her stupid and an idiot!”

“He did what now?” Jisoo’s tone went serious as he straightened up in his seat. Of course he was going to be mad… someone called his straight A friend, stupid?!

“No wonder she’s been so down these past few days.” Jeonghan sighed. “What a jerk.” He then scoffed.

“I couldn’t sit by and watch him be mean to her so I stood up and defended her... and then he kicked us out and dropped me from the club.”

“Where’s the art room?” Jeonghan got up from his seat.

“Ah! Don’t waste your time on that loser!” Soo Min pulled him back down to his seat next to her. “It’s not worth it.”

Jisoo suddenly got up from his seat.

“Where are you going?” Soo Min worried as she couldn't reach him from where she was sitting to make him sit again like she did with Jeonghan. She hoped they weren't going to go beat the jerk up. Not like they were the violent type to begin with, but it just came to mind regardless.

“To find Hye Jin.” He replied, swinging his bag over his shoulder. “I’ll catch you guys later. Don’t beat anyone up, Jeonghan.”

“I’ll try not to!” Jeonghan chuckled at his comment.

 

 

Jisoo managed to spot Hye Jin on her way out of the school building when he left the library. He quickly made his way over to greet her, only to see she still had the same dejected look on her face since Monday.

“Hye Jin, what’s wrong?” He asked.

“It’s nothing.” She shook her head, forcing a smile as she kept walking.

“C’mon, you can tell me.” He said, walking backwards in front of her.

“You shouldn’t do that, you’re going to get hurt.” She stopped, her dejected expression turning into a worried one.

“I’ll be fine.” He chuckled. “So… what’s been bothering you?”

“Nothing.” She replied, as she continued on her path to leave, walking around him.

He reached out and grabbed her by the wrist and proceeded to lead her off to a more secluded area.

“Jisoo?” She asked, surprised at his sudden actions.

“Soo Min told us what happened… I don’t really think the art club president calling you stupid is ‘nothing’, Hye Jin.” He said with a serious tone. “Why didn’t you say anything to anyone?”

“I didn’t want you guys to worry… and I didn’t want to start drama with that guy either. It’s fine. I made a mistake while reading the list…”

“But that didn’t give him any right to call you stupid now, did it?”

“No, but… like I said… it’s okay.”

“You’re right.” He sighed. “It shouldn’t matter, right?”

“Huh?”

“It shouldn’t matter that he called you stupid because we all know you aren’t.” He smiled. “It’s not true, so it shouldn’t matter.”

“Yeah… it shouldn’t.” She smiled, catching onto what he was doing. He was trying to make her feel better.

“Next time, tell yourself that sooner so you don’t sulk about it all week.” He reached over, ruffling her hair up a bit. “You worried everyone.”

“I’m sorry.” She lowered her head, feeling guilty.

“It’s okay… that’s what friends do. We look out for each other.” He assured her, cringing when he said the word friend. He was friend-zoning himself, wasn’t he?

“I suppose.” She looked up with a small smile. “Thanks, Jisoo.”

“No problem.” He grinned. “How about we go get some ice cream and forget about that stupid president?”

“That sounds like a good idea.” She nodded in agreement, chuckling as the word stupid found its way into his sentence.

 

 

The two obtained their vanilla ice cream cones and headed to the park for a walk. The sky was clear, the sun was shining and birds were chirping. It was nice as the two walked side by side.

“Hye Jin?” Jisoo asked quietly as they walked.

“Yes?”

“You know…” he started to say. Come on… just say it.

“What is it?” She asked when he paused with his words.

“I think you’re incredibly smart.” He smiled.

“Thanks. I’m over it though, you don’t have to-” she was saying, but he continued.

“I also think you’re incredibly kind.” He added. “And I think you’re incredibly beautiful, too.”

“Jisoo…” She blushed, stopping in her steps.

“Don’t worry about what others think of you… besides yourself, only worry about what I think from now on, okay?” He took her hand into his, interlocking his fingers with hers. He held it tight.

“O-Okay.” She stuttered out, a smile coming to her lips. He leaned down and placed a small kiss to her cheek.

After finally calming down from her blush... and the fact that the guy she's been crushing on since last year just out of the blue made that confession, she returned to her melting ice cream.

“This ice cream is pretty good considering it’s just vanilla.” Jisoo commented, taking a few of his. He looked down to catch Hye Jin blow on her ice cream as if it was a hot food item. She paused, realizing he caught her and he tried so hard to hold back a laugh. “What are you doing?!” He couldn’t help it and laughter erupted from his entire being.

“I don’t know why I did that either?!” She blushed a thousand shades of red.

“That was cute!” He said between laughs.

“Aish, I guess this only means one thing…” she chuckled.

“What’s that?”

“That I’m stupid for you.” That sounded about right, he had to admit. Although he never really once thought of her being stupid, now that he thought about it... she has done some pretty stupid things around him, and only him. It made her sentence true, and that amused him.

His laughter eventually calmed down as he stared down at her with a sweet smile. He thought it was the perfect moment, so he leaned down and placed his lips on hers in a small kiss. She was surprised but quickly relaxed before hearing a small splatter on the ground.

“My ice cream!” She frowned, looking at the melting treat on the ground.

“Oh no!” Jisoo chuckled. “Here… we can share mine.” He held his ice cream over.

“Watch that one fall to the ground, too.” She laughed.

“Don’t jinx it!”


First SEVENTEEN one shot featuring JISOO AKA GENTLEMAN JOSHUA!

k0HiOnesiTkpMzrUBDlUrSwbvKp3DaaYjevMVI1f

Awh, I thought it was so cute! JOSHUA IS SUCH A SWEETHEART! GAH~!

FcqFAmSKQjlIysBMVmV-IKzWN4vgwe_1tUMuUbBs

As some of you may know, this oneshot was inspired by a dream I had of Gentlemen Joshua. The part from my dream was a guy calling me stupid for his mistake and then Jisoo caught up with me after school when he saw I was looking a bit down and asked me what was wrong. He was so sweet too when I told him! It felt so real...

FL9n6Q7pTWlHr6gstVLZNZzqDBj0uYq3p4FU2hPF

OTL if only. LOL

DiEXuCbX6U3k2BlHRMysaHPqKFWsIJW6QHLEw4FQ

I hope you guys liked this! ^^ I had fun writing it towards the end…

Hye Jin and I share that in common… the… blowing on the cold ice cream before eating it. =.= I don’t know why we do it, but we do…

 

....

 

I’m going to be single for the rest of my life, aren’t I?

Seungkwan:VAlYVWSt-5GqsaTDPjSsPXhsJu3PbrwtjplAohv4

 

THANKS XD LOL At least Hye Jin has Jisoo >.>

Okay, Hope everyone enjoyed, thanks for reading! ^^