Mine

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3.

Just like what Mark have guessed, the sun greets him brightly once he gets off the plane. He puts his shade on and sets his snapback properly. After taking his luggages, he walks off through the arrival gate and looks around. He knows nothing around there, where he is, what city it is, who will pick him up. Mom didn't give me any clues then, Mark sighs. He should have asked his mom. Then he throws his gaze around and finally he finds someone, a young man, that holds a board with '段一恩,LAX' written on it. Mark smiles. He opens his backpack as he scans something. A pen taken from the inside. Mark makes his way to the young man. Once he stands in front of him, he smiles as he taps the board holds by the younger.

 "It's 宜," he writes something on the board.

The younger man looked confused.

"Is that you?"

Mark nods as he takes his shade off. He extends his hand forward to shake the younger.

"Hi, I'm Mark."

"I'm Youngjae," the younger said. "Dad should have told me that I would pick a slightly older guy than me. I thought I would pick some old man with suit." Youngjae gripes. "Let's go."

 

 

-----

 

"Let's go!"

 

Jinyoung makes his way to the exit door. He murmurs something inaudible. He takes his backpack. Then he puts his mask and snapback on. He makes his way to enter the car.

 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Mrs. Mizuki asks him, she sits on the driver seat.

"If I said 'I am not', would you cancel this?" He retors.

Mrs. Mizuki goes silent. She starts the engine.

"The longer we postpone the trip, the more dangerous it will be."

"Oh Auntie, do not exaggerate things. There's no outbreak. Not even—"

Mrs. Mizuki pulls the break, it's red light. She turns her head to Jinyoung, and then she says something so low, more like whispering.

 

"Better preventing than curing, Park Jinyoung."

 

Jinyoung rolls his eyes and he sets his mask higher, as it covers his whole nose. Jinyoung knows how his auntie's rolling. A scientist, no, she's like it better when she's being called a social-scientist. She does her researches wholeheartedly for public's importances. She even builds her own lab. She's an amazing person if Jinyoung may say. But also if Jinyoung might curse his own aunt, she is a selfless woman that will give everything up for other's importances. That's what Jinyoung hates the most. Jinyoung coughs several times behind his mask. As he grabs a tissue, he mutters something. So low that it might not be heard by someone else.

"I need to rest, Auntie."

Mrs. Mizuki brings her ear closer to Jinyoung, eyes locked on the road ahead.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing." Jinyoung puts his hand to cover his mask that covers his mouth.

"I think I'm about to catch a fever". Jinyoung says as he throw his gaze outside the window.

"What it is, Jinyoung? I can't hear you. Speak louder so I can understand."

Jinyoung rolls his eyes and lowers his snapback. He coughs again. Even if I shout, you won't cancel the trip, Jinyoung talks inside his head. You're so selfless, I know public necessaries and safety are important but please take care of your own nephew too. As he thinks that, Jinyoung slowly drives into his dream.

 

-----

 

Youngjae enters his lane. Mark takes off his snapback as he sees an older man stands outside the house. After Youngjae parked the car, Mark gets off and walks toward the older man. The older man greets him as he extends hand. Mark receives the hand as he shakes it.

"Welcome, Yi-En."

"Thankyou, Sir. But I am so sorry because my mom didn't tell me anything about you. May I have your name?"

The elder smiles as he pats Mark's shoulder.

"You've grown up into a polite guy. Last time I saw you, you were this small," the elder places his hand on his hips level. "I'm Choi Youngsoo."

"Ah, hello, Mr. Choi. I'm Yi-En." Mark bows.

Youngjae comes closer to the two men. He brings Mark's luggages. He snaps out.

"Hey, you introduced yourself earlier as 'Mark'? Why is it Yi-En?"

"Yi-En is my Chinese name," Mark tells Youngjae and he turns his head back to Youngjae's father. "You can call me either Yi-En or Mark, Sir. Both are okay."

After that short introductions, Mr. Choi escorts Mark to go inside. They are heading to the dining room. Table full of food which Mrs. Choi had prepared before. Mrs. Choi walks in from the kitchen as she greets Mark.

"Wow, you do look like male version of young Dorine." She compliments Mark, and the boy smiles to her. Mark bows to the elder woman.

Mark and the Chois have a dinner together. They have a lot of talk, mostly Mark is the one being asked by the elders. Youngjae sits there, pays attention since he doesn't know what the topic, and sometimes he throws som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter