Mine

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1.
Mark takes a glance at his wrist. 5.05 PM. He sighs as he walks ahead, taking a seat outside the gate. He puts down his backpack as he sips his coffee he just bought earlier. He’s really tired but he can’t sleep anymore. His body feels numb already. And waiting for the next two hours will drive him crazy. But after all, this is what he wants.

   “I’m sorry for disturbing your work, Dad. But can we really talk?”


Mr. Tuan lowers his sight, his glasses slide down to the tip of his nose. He takes a deep breath.


   “Okay. What is it this time?” asks Mr. Tuan. “Don’t tell me you want a round trip to Pluto.”

Mr. Tuan gets himself back to organize the papers. Mark prepares his heart. He doesn’t want to hurt his father, but also doesn’t want to be hurt either. He even planed his words before.

   “Dad, I’m bored”
   “Of?”
   “My life.”

Mr. Tuan chuckles. Eyes glued on some folders around his table.

   “You’ve got the world, Mark. And what you just said, it’s boring?”

Mark sits on the couch. This is it. He takes another deep breath as he says.

   “Look, Dad. It’s not like I’m being ungrateful or else. But I sometimes think I’m a useless person.”

Now Mark gets his father’s eyes glued on him.

   “Then what is it?”
   “Another ’93 liners out there are already earning their own money.”
   “You’ve earned yours too, right?”

Mark puts his palm on his forehead. There’s no way to go ahead, but it’s too late to take a step back, Mark thinks. He will make his own way.

   “Dad, what I’m trying to say is please let me be myself. Please let me find my true self. I’ve earned money, but from your company. What did you do when you were on your early 20’s, Dad? Started this company? Built it on your own? Look at me, Dad? What am I? What do I do? Do you mind if I become a better person than I already am, or even a better one than you were on 20’s? Please...”

Mark presses his hands together in front of his chest, slightly pouts. Mr. Tuan sighs.

   “Let me talk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter