Mine

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2.

Jinyoung wakes up to a breezy morning. It's 5 AM. He checks his phone. A message from Mrs. Mizuki. Another deep breath is being taken. Jinyoung knows what he's about to face. But please let me enjoy my morning too, he thinks as he nuzzles back to his pillow. Slowly he drives back to his sleep state.

At 7 AM, Jinyoung is ready to rise and shine. He gets himself showered and he puts his coat on. He folds his coat's long sleeves. It's going to be a rough day, his mind says.

   "Morning, Jinyoung. How's your sleep?" An older woman greets Jinyoung once he gets in. Jinyoung smiles.

   "Not that good, Ahjumma." Jinyoung walks closer to the older woman.

   "As usual?" The ahjumma asks.

Jinyoung shakes his head. "I want a hot chocolate this morning. I don't know but I have a feeling I'm going to have such a tiring day."

Jinyoung puts his bag above the table. He opens his ipad and starts his work. The older woman smiles. Jinyoung is always like this when he's got a problem. Even his favourite latte macchiato won't help, the ahjumma thinks. She knew Jinyoung earlier this semester. But she feels like she already knows Jinyoung for all of his lifetime. Jinyoung is literally an open book apparently. She puts a cup of hot chocolate in front of Jinyoung. Jinyoung moves his eyes from the screen and flashes a smile to the older woman. His eyes crinkles behind his glasses.

   "Thank you!"

He takes a sip of his beverage. The older woman starts to clean the table as she talks to Jinyoung.

   "So, who is it?"

Jinyoung raises brows as questioning the older woman. "Uh?"

The older woman smiles. "Which girl?"

Jinyoung chokes. The older woman giggled. Jinyoung takes a tissue to wipe his spilled chocolate.

   "Did I mention any girl just then?"

   "You didn't, but usually when you are like this, then it must be about some girls back to your institute, chasing and following you everywhere."

Jinyoung sighs. He questions himself, is it the perks of being an open book or its disadvantage? Let's just say she knows me better than anyone else around this place, his heart tells him.

   "It's not about girls, Ahjumma. I've told you before. It's just that... I have to handle some cases. But this is already too much. You know as a human I need to rest too, right?"

   "Do whatever you want as long as you happy, Jinyoung. And you may take the project as much as you can't handle but leaving some behind is fine too. Your health always comes first."

 

----

Jinyoung raised one of his eyebrow. He moved his gaze to the older woman that just showed him something. His mouth opened wide, he could't believe what he had seen earlier. Mrs. Mizuki nodded, her lips curved upside down. She took a deep breath and shook her head lightly.

   "This is..." Jinyoung muttered something, eyes still locked to the screen as he scrolled down.

   "Terrible, right?" Mrs. Mizuki finished his words.

Jinyoung turned his head to face Mrs. Mizuki, he nodded in agreement. He got himself back to screen.

   "This is too terrible to be happened, Auntie."

Mrs. Mizuki sighed softly. "This kind of thing ever happened before but that was happening somewhere else across our area. And by that time it happened, it didn't make some damages on us, at all."

   "Then how could it be so different right now?" Jinyoung asked in confussion.

   "That's why you sit here right next to me."

Jinyoung got up from his seat. He left the older woman, headed to outside. He pulled some coins, inserted them into the vending machine. A loud sound could be heard as a can of instant coffee fell down. Jinyoung lowered himself to take the can. He opened it then he sat on the floor, resting his back against the vending machine.

 

---

 

Jinyoung takes his bag and bids goodbye to the ahjumma. Jinyoung is absolutely an extrovert person yet super friendly. That ahjumma he just had some talk to, she's one of the cafetaria worker. She's the oldest there. Somehow Jinyoung finds peace and warmness whenever he shares a thought with the elder woman. Jinyoung smiles as he corrects his glasses position.

   "Morning, Jinyoung!"

   "Good morning, Sir." Jinyoung bows to an older man in front of him as he pats Jinyoung shoulder.

   "I'm about to get back to the institute, do you want me to get you something?"

Jinyoung widens his eyes. He can't believe his professor just like that. Jinyoung quickly waves his hand as a sign of rejection.

   "No no no, Sir. Thank you b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter