Lazy Sundays (For Psyduck_lover)

Give Me A Prompt and I'll Write You a Story!

 

Kim Jongin/ Kai (EXO) x Jung Soojung/ Krystal (f(x))


 

Krystal woke up to the smell of bacon. The delicious and mouthwatering smell traveled through the hallway from the kitchen to her bedroom, prodding her to wake up.

She groaned and rolled over, curling into a ball, not wanting to wake up.

But it was no use. The sound of sizzle on the pan and the smell invading her senses made her stomach grumble, urging her to get up and eat.

But Krystal was a stubborn woman and refused to get up.

Jongin knew that, and he kicked open her door with a loud slam holding a tray of pancakes and bacon.

“Rise and shine, you lazy bum. I made breakfast.”

Kystal groaned and pulled her sheets over her, encasing herself in a cocoon.

“It’s a bloody Sunday, Jongin. Sundays are meant to be slept in. We even had a late night. How the hell are you so energetic so early in the morning?”

Jongin rolled his eyes. “So sorry princess, but it’s ten in the morning. That’s hardly late.”

“It’s not my fault that you’re an early bird, and I’m a night owl. That being said, you should let this night owl sleep,” she moaned.

Jongin sat on the edge of her bed. “Well, I suppose I’ll just have to eat these delicious eggs and bacon all by myself. Mmm. I really do think I might have outdone myself this time.”

He stabbed some bacon with a fork and slowly put it to his mouth, eyeing the covered girl slightly.

A hand suddenly shot out from the blankets and grabbed his wrist.

“Wait,” came the muffled word from underneath the sheets.

Krystal sat up cross-legged, covering her head with a sheet that she looked like a ghost. That is if ghosts had pink colored flowered sheets.

She scooted over so that Jongin could also sit comfortably across from her.

He grinned and motioned her to take the tray herself.

She shook her head and yawned.

“Feed me.”

Jongin stared at her for a couple seconds and then laughed.

“And here I thought that you could get any lazier.”

Krystal didn’t say anything and simply opened with her eyes closed.

He gave a soft laugh and complied, feeding her a piece of bacon as she chewed it with glee.

“Mmm. I also think you outdone yourself this time too.”

Jongin took a piece of bacon for himself. “Aren’t glad that you have the perfect boyfriend who will cook you breakfast and feed you?”

Krystal shrugged nonchalantly. “You’d be better if you let me sleep in.”

Jongin scoffed. “Alright, missy. No more breakfast for you.”

“Ah! No! Jongin!” she pouted, as she gripped his waist and wrapped her arms around him. She did her best to give him her best puppy eyes.

He rolled his eyes and after giving in to her, kissed her on the forehead.

“Fine. I can’t win against you anyways.”

She grinned and sat against the bed frame. She patted the space next to her which Jongin then climbed in under sheets with her.

They ended up staying there for a while, making slight jabs at each other while feeding each other eggs and bacon as the sun shone through the window.

 

Jongin glanced at his watch which was reading close to noon and looked at Krystal who was sprawled out on the couch and looking through her phone.

“You want to do something today?” he asked as finished washing the last of the dishes.

Krystal looked up from her phone and frowned. “I don’t know. I don’t feel like doing anything today.”

“How ‘bout going out and watching movie?” he offered.

She shook her head. “I really don’t feel like going out.”

Jongin gasped dramatically, clenching his shirt over where his heart is. “What? Krystal doesn’t want to go out? Oh my god, the world is going to end tomorrow. We got to call everyone. The apocalypse is happening.”

Krystal snorted at his dramatics and threw a pillow from the couch at him.

“Hey,” he muttered as he swatted it casually out of the way.

“Can’t a girl not want to do anything?”

“Not when her boyfriend is actually offering to go out with her,” he exaggeratedly said like a snobby teenage girl, rolling his eyes and throwing a hand for good measure.

Krystal snickered at his actions, seeing how Jongin was wearing rubber gloves and an apron at the same time. “There are times when this girlfriend wants a lazy day. And today that’s the day.” She frowned. “I thought you were the one who kept complaining about how we always go out. You’re always saying there are plenty of things to do at home.”

“Hmmm. That’s true. I’ve been itching to watch that new show on TV.”

Krystal smiled and patted the seat next to her on the couch while hugging one of the pillows.

Jongin wiped his hands clean with a towel and sat down next to her.

He the television before flipping through lists and finding the series.

He settled into the corner with one of his elbows on the arm of the couch, his feet resting on top of the coffee table in front of them. Krystal snuggled next to him, fitting perfectly in the crook of his arm, her body sprawled out on the rest of the couch.

It was a pretty gruesome series, not censoring any of the blood and gore. There were even times where Jongin had to partly close his eyes but still peeking through to look.

“God, that’s gross.”

Krystal snorted. “Not even. Not when you see how fake it looks. I mean, come on! Would a severed arm be gushing blood like that?”

“How would you know?” Jongin retorted back. “It’s not like you brutally butchered someone’s arm before.”

She looked at him and gave him a cunning look. “Are you sure about that, Jongin? If I’m going to be honest here, there’s actually a part of my past that you don’t know about.”

He gasped, flinching back. “No. It can’t be. I had my suspicions but to hear you say it out loud.” He trailed off, shaking his head. “Is this the day when you finally kill me?”

Krystal sighed, partly sitting up. “I didn’t want to do this, but you give me no choice.”

“I’m too handsome to die!” Jongin exclaimed, throwing a dramatic hand to his forehead.

Krystal rolled her eyes. “I’m sorry, Jongin.” And with that, she started to tickle him.

Jongin flailed pathetically, desperately trying to stop her hands.

“Stop it, Krystal!” he frantically shouted between laughs.

She only giggled, trying to fight back against his attacks.

They struggled for a few more seconds before falling off the couch.

Jongin managed to shove the table aside as well as covering the back of Krystal’s head as they fell down.

He sighed and looked up at her as she was lying on top of him.

“You okay?”

She opened her eyes and looked down at him. She breathily laughed. “Yeah. That was dangerous.”

“And whose fault was that, you jerk.”

She grinned. “But you love me anyways.”

He rolled his eyes and chuckled. “That I do.”

He propped up one of his elbows on the floor and using the other arm to nuzzle foreheads and gave her a kiss on the lips.

“Now, get up,” he groaned, falling back down on the floor. “You’re heavy.”

She gasped in offence and threw a pillow at his stomach. “Never tell a girl that, you horrid person.”

“Sorry,” he half-laughed half-groaned.

She huffed and grudgingly pulled him up when he pouted and weakly threw his arms in the air.

They settled back on the couch and continued to watch the television.

After a while, Jongin could feel his arm fall asleep, numb from the pressure Krystal was putting.

“Hey,” he murmured, “Could you move a bit?”

She didn’t respond, and he curiously leaned forward to look at her face.

Her eyes were closed, and she was breathing rhythmically.

He chuckled at her sleeping face and couldn’t help himself from smiling. She looked so peaceful and innocent, the exact opposite of her real self.

But he loved her like that. He always thought his type of her girls were the innocent and soft-spoken ones. But when he met Krystal, she was exuberant and outgoing, making sure that she was heard. However, she also had a warm heart and always knew how to make him smile. He never expected to fall in love with her, but he was glad that he did.

Jongin watched her sleep for a few seconds before leaning in and giving her a soft kiss on the top of her head and continued watching the television.

After the show ended, Jongin was feeling hungry and gently shook his girlfriend awake.

“Get up, sleepy head.”

She groaned, opening her blurry eyes. She stretched her arms and sat up.

“God, what time is it?”

Jongin grinned. “Dinner time.”

Her eyes lit up and grinned. “Thank goodness. I’m starving.”

“Pizza?”

“Of course.”

Jongin jumped off the couch and picked up his cell phone. He walked over the refrigerator, pulling down one of the clipped menus they had on it.

Krystal watched him, thinking how Jongin really was a sweetheart. She always went out with boys who were similar to her. Loud, rambunctious, or in other words, troublemakers.

But Jongin was the opposite of that.

When she first met Jongin, she thought he looked like a womanizer with that cocky smirk of his. But as she really got to know him, she realized that he wasn’t like that. He doted on her, always smiling. But he didn’t baby her, letting her do whatever she wanted but in “safe measures” as he would put it. He would patiently work with her when she was moody, never failing to smile.

And she was eternally grateful for that. And when she saw him do simple things like cook her breakfast or help her with the dishes, she realized just how much she loved him.

She looked up when Jongin walked back to the couch, finished with the phone call.

He sat down with a plop and sighed.

She grinned and leaned over, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

He looked at her in surprise.

“What was that for?”

She giggled. “I just realized how much I really love you.”

His eyes softened, and he pulled her closer to give her a more intimate kiss. “I love you too.”

They cuddled, just talking to each other simple things until they heard the doorbell ring.

Krystal jumped up, pulling her purse off the counter.

She opened the door, giving the delivery boy the money and getting a large box pizza in return. She thanked the boy and gleefully opened the box, closing the door behind her.

She reached in to pull out a piece but stopped when she heard Jongin call out, “You’re not going to start eating without me, are you?”

She paused and slowly closed the lid. She looked into the living room. “Of course not. I would never eat without you.”

He rolled his eyes. “You are such a liar. If I didn’t say anything, you would have devoured half the box.”

She grinned. “I can’t help it. I’m really hungry.”

He chuckled and motioned for her to sit down.

They ate the pizza with a comfortable atmosphere talking about nothing and everything. Things that happened. Things that might happen. Things that they would forget about the next day.

But what really mattered to them was the present and how blissful they were right now.

 

Night fell, the stars and the moon coming out with a soft light.

And despite doing nothing at all the whole day, Krystal’s eyes felt heavy and tired.

Jongin even caught her nodding off after he cleaned their food away.

And just like the busybody he was, he nudged her with his foot, startling her awake.

“You can’t sleep here, you’ll catch a cold.”

Krystal murmured some unintelligible words which sounded like a sound between a groan and a croak, cracking an eye open.  

She stared at her boyfriend for a few seconds, wondering if it would smart to go against him. She decided against it, thinking that he would drag her to bed if he had to, and pulled herself up with effort.

She trudged to the bathroom, getting herself ready for bed.

Jongin soon followed her; Krystal already in bed, covered with blankets.

He too, jumped into bed, pulling the covers higher to cover Krystal more snuggly.

She groaned in her sleep, her eyes fluttering briefly before her breathing paced down slowly. He brushed her hair out of her face as he thought he heard her mutter his name peacefully.

Jongin wondered what it would be like to live life continuously like this. Going to bed every night and waking up every morning for the rest of his life to see Krystal next to him.

He closed his eyes and smiled.

That wouldn’t be so bad.

 


  A/N: A rather shorter story than the rest I have written; but nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed it. I rarely get idol x idol requests, but I enjoyed writing this. It’s very sweet kind of tone, and I hope that is what you were looking for.

Thanks for requesting!

I hope I didn’t make anyone cringe. Haha