Dear Diary (For xyper_crash21)

Give Me A Prompt and I'll Write You a Story!

 

Byun Baekhyun (EXO) x OC (Kang Jangeun)


 

Dear diary,

It’s official.

I hate him.

Freaking Byun Baekhyun.

And let me tell you. I don’t hate on people. Takes too much time and effort. And I don’t have that luxury.

But Byun Baekhyun.

Fudging Byun Baekyun. This mother effing boy.

I hate him to the ends of the earth.

 

“You know.” Slurp. “It’s kinda your fault.” Slurp.

Kang Jangeun glared at her best friend. “Could you not? I swear this whole place can hear you and your slurping.”

The man shrugged. “Noodles are meant to be slurped. Apparently it’s supposed to enhance the taste.” He set down his chopsticks. “Honestly, I think it’s just plain fun.”

“Well, it’s disgusting, Jang Dongwoo. So, do the world a favor and stop,” she scoffed back.

Dongwoo simply gave her a mischievous look accompanied with a raised eyebrow and gave her another big slurp of his noodles.

She groaned. “Explain to me why we’re best friends again?”

He laughed. “I ask myself the same thing. But to answer your questions, our mothers were best friends. So close that they even planned their pregnancies at the same time. And of course we grew up together since we were in diapers. Awww, doesn’t this friendship just want you to puke?”

She shook her head. “So bad. Colorful rainbows too. I wanted a best friend who could understand this tortured soul of mine.”

“And I wanted a best friend who lets me slurp noodles. But you don’t see me complaining, do you?”

She rolled her eyes. “But you are. And I am letting you slurp away. If I really wanted to stop you, you wouldn’t be able to move to even slurp your noodles. Anyways.”

“Anyways?”

“Back to the devil reincarnate himself.”

“You?”

She shot him a glare. “Byun Baekhyun. ”

“Oh, him.”

“Why is it my fault?”

“Because my dear Jangeun, you let him.”

“I let him,” she deadpanned. “I honestly don’t see it. It’s evident that my hate for him resounds across the world and that I secretly hope that he runs into a tree, but I don’t just let him.”

Dongwoo shrugged. “You asked. I delivered.”

“You are the worst person to ask advice from. Even a brick wall would give better advice.”

“I know. Even I wouldn’t ask myself.”

Dongwoo’s eyes traveled off of his friend and onto someone behind her.

“Speak of the devil.”

Jangeun froze and hissed, “You got to be kidding me.”

“Hey, Jangeun!”

She whipped her head to the side, about to spout out some insults when she stopped. “Oh. Hey, Jongdae.”

The boy smiled. “Thanks for the notes you let me borrow. It saved me.”

She waved his thanks aside. “Don’t worry about it. The professor’s an . He wouldn’t have helped you anyways.”

Jongdae grinned. “He is, isn’t he? I got to go; I have a meeting to attend. But thanks again, Jangeun!” He gave her a brief hug and fist bumped Dongwoo. “See you guys later!”

Jangeun turned to look at her friend across from her. “Hilarious Dongwoo. For a second, I really did think it was Byun Baekhyun. That prude.”

But Dongwoo wasn’t looking at her, but past her again.

“Speak of the devil.”

She frowned. “I’m not falling for that again. It’s probably Woohyun or Jongin this time.  Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Jiae.”

Dongwoo didn’t say anything but gave her look to shut up.

“Seriously, Dongwoo. I would expect better from you. Like Byun Baekhyun would be standing behind me right now.”

“Oh my, Jangeun. I knew you thought about me, but never this much. I’m flattered, but let’s not get too stalkerish. ”

She whipped her head in surprise and gritted her teeth.

“Byun Baekhyun.  And I wasn’t thinking about you. In fact, I was thinking how much I wished you didn’t exist.”

“Is that so? I must be hearing things because I swore you just said my name. And just call me Baekhyun, Jangeun. Don’t need for formalities.”

“What the hell are you doing here?”

He gestured to the burger set he just bought as he sat down. “I’m eating lunch. What else would I be doing in the food court of the school?”

“No, I mean, what the hell are you doing sitting five centimeters away from me? There’s something called personal space, and I’m sure as hell you’re supposed to keep a good distance away. You know, as a sign of respect?”

He grinned at her and leaned over to her so close that they staring at each other and she could see the pupils of his eyes. “Well, now you’re in my personal space. What are you going to do about that?”

She internally groaned and pushed him aside. “There are a million other empty seats around here! Why don’t you go sit over there? Or is it because nobody wants to sit with you? I wouldn’t blame them. I don’t know who in this living world can stand you.”

Baekhyun his chin like he contemplating doing so, but shook his head. “Nah. I want to sit here. Plus, you don’t mind if I sit here, right Dongwoo?”

Dongwoo gave them a toothy grin and shook his head. “Not at all. Be my guest.”

“I don’t care if Dongwoo doesn’t give a crap if you sit here or not. I do! What about my own personal opinion? As a human being, I deserve to be heard!”

“And you are being heard. It’s just I choose to ignore it.”

She groaned audibly. “I give up. I ing give up.”

“Language, my dear Jangeun. We don’t want to soil that pretty mouth with filthy words.”

“I can cuss if I want to, you fu-!”

Baekhyun popped a few fries into her open mouth, forcing her to quiet down.

He grinned at her while she sulked as she chewed the fries.

She tried her best to ignore him while Baekhyun talked amicably with Dongwoo who seemed to enjoy their conversation. It was hard enough not to tell Baekhyun to shove off, but the fact that her best friend and the person she hated the most was talking so cheerfully made her want to flip the table.

“Well, I must be going. I have to study for that physics test,” Baekhyun said as he stood up from the table.

“Go and never come back,” Jangeun growled.

Baekhyun simply winked at her, gave her a salute, and walked off.

Jangeun ran her fingers in her hair and half-audibly screamed. “Freaking Byun Baekhyun gets on my nerves. Who the hell does he think he is?”

Dongwoo simply watched her with a silly grin on his face.

“What?” she grumbled.

“I told you. It’s because you let him.”

She threw her used napkin at her friend. “Shut up.”

He blocked it with ease and laughed. “By the way, isn’t Baekhyun in your physics class?”

She sighed. “Yeah, and I hate every minute of it. Why?”

He wrinkled his brow. “And you have a test?”

“What?” she frowned. “No, we don’t.”

He blinked at her. “But Baekhyun just said he had to study for his physics test.”

She blinked back at him. “And I just said that we don’t.” She scowled. “Don’t believe everything that idiot says.”

 

Jangeun blankly stared at the piece of paper in front of her.

She swore that wasn’t going to be a test today. Sure, it was only a pop quiz, but still. Haven’t studied at all, she knew she wasn’t prepared.

She glanced over to the right where he-who-shall-be-named was cheerily humming to himself.

He suddenly looked up and at Jangeun. He gave her a grin and added, “And here I was nice enough to give a hint that there might be a test today.”

She glared at him. “It’s a quiz.”

He shrugged. “Meh. Technicalities. They both go to your grade. So if you screw this up…” He gave her devilish smile.

Jangeun merely gripped her pencil a little tighter.

 


Dear Diary,

I don’t know if Byun Baekhyun is trying to help me or trying to make me suffer.

I go for the latter, but all my friends say it’s the first.

But let me ask you, diary, LET ME MOTHER FUDGING ASK YOU.

What kind of person tries kicks you around when you’re already on the ground?

The creature that is named Byun Baekhyun, that’s who.

 

“See, if you have taken into consideration of the buoyancy, you would have gotten the answer right and none of this would have happened.

“Right,” she scowled. “As if I knew that there was going to be a pop quiz.”

Baekhyun shrugged and gave a smile that Jangeun could never trust. “Should have studied.”

“I swear you would be the only person who would study just because. We say that those kinds of people have no lives.”

He only grinned as he straightened his quiz that was marked red with “100” on the top.

She tried to ignore him, but it was hard when it was so obvious to her that he was subtly trying to show off. She wanted to rip that paper into shreds.

“Baekhyun.”

He looked up and Jangeun couldn’t help but to look over seeing how the person who spoke was their physics professor.

He was a skinny old man whose hair was wispy and graying that shot out everywhere. He reminded her of a very thin Einstein. Or a skinny chicken. That too.

He was trying his best to speak in a whisper to Baekhyun, but it was hard not to hear him speak when he was literally right next to both of them.

“That was really a great discussion yesterday! I have never met such an enthusiastic student like you!”

Baekhyun smile politely. “Of course! I had a lovely time as well.”

The professor looked around in a not-so-secret manner. “And that pop quiz suggestion was fantastic as well,” he murmured under his breath, hoping the other students wouldn’t hear. “Though I bet you didn’t expect me to give it the same day, did you?”

Baekhyun acted shocked. “Of course not. It really threw me for a loop. I thought for sure that you would give at least sometime next week.”

The professor chuckled and gave Baekhyun a knowing look before looking away.

And Jangeun heard everything.

And she was literally fuming.

You,” she hissed.

Baekhyun looked at her and pointed at himself while he looked around as he was saying “Who me?”

“You’re the reason why that stupid pop quiz existed.”

He gave a pitying look. “Oh, Jangeun. You can’t blame me for your incompetence. I mean, if you have been doing your homework regularly and not sleep in class, you would have done fine.”

She gritted her teeth silently. She wasn’t able to say anything back because he was right. She had been lagging behind in her physics class, but the reason why was because she absolutely detested the class and subject.

“Yeah, that’s the least of my worries. I’m going to fail this class now, thanks to you,” she muttered.

She huffed silently and focused back to the front. She wasn’t about to let Byun Baekhyun get to her. Not today.

She stared back towards the front, but she could feel that detestable boy boring his gaze at the side of her head.

She glared at him. “What?” she hissed.

Her gaze softened when he was looking at her worriedly.

“If you ever feel like you’re struggling, you can always ask me for help.”

Jangeun gave him the most untrusting look she could muster.

“I’m serious, Jangeun. I don’t want you to fail your class. In fact, why don’t we study for the midterm this afternoon? Let’s meet in the library.”

Jangeun looked at him like he was crazy, and this was all nightmare.

She looked away. “I don’t need your help,” she murmured softly.

“Good, it’s decided then. We’ll meet up later.”

She whipped her head towards him. “I just told you…” she began to shout.

But Baekhyun held out his pointer finger to shush her, almost touching her lips.

She immediately quieted down.

“Shush, the professor’s speaking. You don’t want to get in trouble, do you now?” he murmured in a low voice as he winked.

Jangeun stared at him for a millisecond before turning away and trying her best to focus on the lesson.

For the most part, she did. But there was still a little part of her that simply couldn’t.

 


Dear diary,

Today my friends told the absurd thing I ever heard in my existence.

They believed that the insufferable creature named Byun Baekhyun likes  me. Likes me.

Can you believe it?

Because I cannot even fathom it.

It doesn’t even make sense. Would any sane boy annoy the girl he likes to bits?

Right?

 

“Have you ever, er, considered that Baekhyun,”

The boy froze after seeing Jangeun’s glare, but continued on. “That he might, um, like you?”

The tip of lead of Jangeun’s mechanical pencil broke as she pressed too hard from the question.

“Excuse me?” she murmured darkly, eyeing the boy dangerously.

Jongdae leaned back, slightly hiding behind Dongwoo who was sitting next to him and looked up to witness the scene.

“Just saying,” he muttered quickly.

Dongwoo looked at them and set down his pencil. He looked around, wondering if they were being too loud despite being the nosier parts of the library.

“I have to agree with Jongdae,” Dongwoo concurred. “To me, Baekhyun seems like a kid who teases the girl that he likes because he doesn’t know how to get her attention any other way.”

“Remind you of anyone?” Jongdae added with a mischievous grin.

She looked pointedly at him. “You?” she sarcastically muttered.

Jongdae frowned. “Ha ha. You’re hilarious.”

She smiled at him. “I know. So funny, aren’t I?”

“In all seriousness,” Dongwoo said, eyeing Jangeun, “I’ve been thinking that too.”

Jangeun looked at her two friends and blinked once before bursting into laughter. “Oh,” she giggled, rubbing her eyes, “That’s too good. I seriously believed you for a second. Imagine Byun Baekhyun liking me. That would be a nightmare.”

The two looked at each other before looking at Jangeun.

“We’re not joking around,” Jongdae said slowly.

She stopped laughing, her smile falling of her face.

“Byun Baekhyun does not like me,” she grumbled, focusing her attention back to her work.

There was a moment of silence until she looked back up to the two boys.

They were both wearing an expression of skepticism.

“He does not like me!” she shouted, slamming her hand on the table.

“Um, calm down, Jangeun,” Jongdae whispered, looking around to see people looking at them. “People are staring.”

“Sit down,” Dongwoo ordered, “And calm down. We didn’t say anything.”

She rolled her eyes. “I could see in your faces. And I’m not keeping calm until I hear you two say with your mouths that Byun Baekhyun does not like me. I don’t care that people are looking. In fact, let them look. Let them know that he doesn’t like me.”

“You can’t be serious,” Dongwoo deadpanned, narrowing his eyes at her.

“Oh, I am dead serious, Dongwoo,” she glared back.

“He doesn’t like you!” Jongdae quickly spat out. He nudged Dongwoo with elbow. “Just do it, man. This is Jangeun we’re talking about. If we let her, she’ll stand on top of the table and proclaim to everyone how much she hates him and how he doesn’t like her.” And under his breath, he muttered, “Not like she’s hasn’t done something like it before.”

Dongwoo stared at the girl who merely returned his stare. “Fine,” Dongwoo sighed, “Baekhyun does not like you.”

Jangeun smiled triumphantly, crossing her arms and legs pompously.

“He loves you,” Dongwoo grinned impishly.

She widened her eyes and opened to shout at her friend.   

Jongdae reached over the table to clamp shut and pushed her down.

He glared at Dongwoo who was too busy wiggling his eyebrows at Jangeun while she tried to shout through Jongdae’s hand.

“I hate studying with you guys,” Jongdae sighed.

 


Dear diary,

Something weird is going on.

Byun Baekhyun is acting too nice to me.

I think he’s planning something. Something big. Something bad.

But I’m prepared for whatever he throws at me.

 

“See, if we take into the account of wind velocity, it’s actually going 885 kilometers per hour.”

Jangeun jotted what he said down before she eyed him suspiciously.

He caught her look at cocked his head with interest. “What’s up?”

“Why are you being so nice?”

Baekhyun sighed and shook his head. “I’m never mean to you,” he smiled.

“Lies!” she shouted, pointing her pencil at him. “All lies! You always have something to say back at me. You always have to get the final word.”

“And you’re not the same?” he asked, with a raised eyebrow.

“You’re the one who always baits me into doing so!”

He shook his head. “You’re imagining it.”

“I know what I see, Byun Baekhyun.”

He gave her a sad look. “When will you just call me Baekhyun?”

“When you die,” she hissed.

“Too bad that won’t happen anytime soon,” he grinned. “According to studies, based on lifestyles and heritage, I’ll probably live longer than you.”

Jangeun clicked her tongue and turned back to her paper.

“Let’s just study, yeah? The quicker we finish, the quicker I don’t have to see your face anymore.”

“Because it makes your heart pound?” he teased.

Jangeun threw him a look of exasperation and rolled her eyes.

They continued to work on their homework in silence until Baekhyun broke it.

“I really don’t hate you, Jangeun. I really don’t. I hope you believe me.”

Jangeun sighed and looked at him. “Look, I…”

She trailed off when she saw the sincere look on his face.

She quickly turned her head away, feeling oddly warm around her ears.

“I…I don’t care about that. I just want to finish and go.”

Baekhyun didn’t say anything until he pointed at several of her answers. “That’s wrong. And that’s wrong. And this one is wrong too. Really, physics is definitely not your strongest subject.”

She turned her head intending to tell him to lay off, but stopped short when she realized that their faces were inches apart.

She abruptly turned her head back, hoping that he didn’t notice.

“Is something wrong?” she heard him say into her ear.

She jumped and glared at him. “I’m fine, but I would be better if you didn’t bother me.”

He grinned. “Oh, really? Are you sure you won’t be lonely without me?”

She scoffed with contempt. “You need to stop thinking so highly of yourself.”

“It’s only because you do so think so yourself.”

“Right,” she muttered as she rolled her eyes. “Just be content that I’m allowing you to be within five feet of me. Any other day, and you wouldn’t be so lucky.”

Baekhyun snorted. “Yes, thank you, your majesty. By the way, that one is wrong too. And you just made the same mistake from the previous problem. I’m starting to think you’re actually not that smart.”

Jangeun groaned, “On second thought, I think you need to stay far away from me as possible.”

 


Dear diary,

I think I’m crazy.

I’m actually starting to think that Byun Baekhyun is alright.

I know; I don’t even believe it myself.

It must be all those all-nighters I’ve been pulling.

But I have to admit that Byun Baekhyun isn’t that bad.

But it’s not like I like him or anything!

 

“You like him.”

Jangeun stopped typing on her laptop to give Dongwoo a disgusted look.

“Please don’t tell me you’re talking about Byun Baekhyun,” she spat out.

He shrugged. “You’re the one who said it, not me. But yes, I am.”

“When hell freezes over,” she grunted back, her eyes back on her computer.

“I’m serious, Jangeun.”

“And so am I. I don’t even know how you got the conception that I even do. All I have been doing is hating on the guy.”

“Not recently, no.”

She stopped typing again, biting the inner of her cheek.

He was right. Sort of.

It was true that she had been hanging with him more often recently, but that was only because he was helping her with physics.

And even though he never gives up on the chance to tell her how much she at the subject, she was a bit appreciative of his help. She actually managed to get an above average score on her midterm.

Which, of course, Byun Baekhyun gloated on how he was the reason why.

“I’m doing that so I won’t fail physics. You know that,” she tried to explain.

Dongwoo snorted. “For someone who says that she would never do anything with the person she hates, you sure do make a convincing argument.”

She smiled at him. “And yet you’re doing the same.”

He shot her a look. “I don’t hate you.”

“No, of course not. You love me.”

“That’s not what I’m trying to say,” Dongwoo muttered, his voice evident with frustration.

“Then you don’t have to,” she shot him down. “This conversation is over.”

Dongwoo narrowed his eyes at her but then sighed. “Jangeun, you can’t run away from this. Even Jongdae thinks so.”

“And you trust his judgment? The same guy who thinks there’s ghost haunting the science building’s restroom and won’t even go near it? The same guy who freaks out when there’s bug nearby?”

“We promised we wouldn’t talk about that. And doesn’t mean anything.”

She shook her head. “Whatever. This whole conversation was pointless anyways.”

“You need to realize that you don’t hate Baekhyun anymore, and you might have feelings for him.”

“Maybe in my nightmares.”

He sighed. “Fine. Deny it all you want. But don’t come crying to me when you become conscious of your feelings. Because all I’m going to do say ‘I told you so’.”

She rolled her eyes. “Don’t worry because that is not going to happen.”

“It might when he confesses to you.”

She scowled. “Even more unlikely.”

He shrugged. “I actually think that’s more a possibility.”

“I doubt it.”

“We’ll see.”

 


Dear diary,

….

What just happened?

 

“You look like you ate something foul.”

Jangeun looked up from her physics notes, a sour look on her face.

Now that Dongwoo forced her to think that people thought she had feelings for Byun Baekhyun, she was more self-conscious around him. Plus for the fact that many more people thinks that he likes her. It wasn’t easy to concentrate when she was with him. And she hated every minute of it.

She couldn’t focus at all.

“It’s nothing,” she muttered.

He gave her an odd look. “It’s not ok when you keep writing the same thing five times in a row.”

She reread her notes and scowled, erasing the repeats.

“You obviously have something on your mind.”

She rolled her eyes. “You think?” she mumbled, sarcasm dripping with every word.

He scoffed. “Yeah, and this study session isn’t going to work if you’re distracted. And if you’re distracted, you’re going to flunk the final. And then you’ll fail the class.”

“And what do want me to do about it?” she cried out in frustration.

“You can talk about it to me.”

She closed and gave him an appalled look. “You’re joking.”

He shook his head. “I mean, I think we’ve gotten on pretty well for last couple of months. Sometimes it’s easier to talk to someone that you don’t usually talk to.”

She opened , the words about to drop out it, but then she closed it. She shook her head. “No, you’re the last person I should talk to about it.”

“Why?” he pouted. “It’s not like you hate me that much anymore. Unless it has something to do with me.”

She froze for a second, her face exposing her thoughts at the moment.

It was only for a split second, but Baekhyun still caught it nevertheless.

“No. Really? What about?”

“Nothing,” she mumbled.

“Jangeun.”

She glanced at him which she immediately regretted. The look on his face made her crumble under pressure.

“People think…They believe…” she trailed off, trying to start again.

She took a deep breath, her eyes focused in front of her rather than Baekhyun.

“There are people who think you like me, but I think that’s stupid,” she finally spat out in lightning speed.

He was quiet for a moment, and Jangeun didn’t dare to look at him.

“Well,” he slowly intoned, “They would be right.”

“What?” she coughed out, turning to look at him with shock. “You’re joking.”

He smiled awkwardly. “No, I’m not. I’ve always have liked you.”

She blinked at him several times. And in a sudden rush, she gathered her things.

“I…I have to go.”

“Wait, Jangeun!”

She turned to look at him with a frazzled and confused look. “I’m…I’m sorry. I…” She didn’t finish her sentence and rushed out the library.

She quickly pulled out her phone and called Dongwoo.

“What’s up?” he asked.

She was quiet, trying to sort out her thoughts.

“Jangeun?” he called out in a worried tone.

“I guess you can tell me ‘I told you so’.”

“I knew it!” She could practically hear him smiling.

“Wait, you realizing that you like him or him confessing?”

“The latter,” she whispered out.

He snorted. “You just left the library, right? I’ll meet you there soon.”

 


Dear diary,

Ever since Byun Baekhyun told me that he liked me, I’ve been avoiding him.

Even during class, I intentionally come in later so I can avoid sitting next to him and leave earlier so he doesn’t have a chance to talk to me.

I…I don’t know what to feel.

I always thought Byun Baekhyun lived to annoy me.

And I always thought I would continue to hate him.

But now I find out that he likes me.

And to quote him, “I always have.”

Always?

Since when?

I feel horrible because I sincerely hated him from the beginning.

And if he has liked me from the beginning, then how must he feel since I always told him I detested him?

Dongwoo says that I should talk to him.

He says that it’s not fair to him.

But I just can’t bring myself to.

I just want to jump in a hole and hide until the term is over.

But the worst part is that….

 

Jangeun sighed as she stopped writing in her journal. She closed it and stuffed in her backpack.

Letting out another sigh, she laid her head on the table while closing her eyes.

There was a slight breeze under the cool shade of the trees.

It was a quiet place where most of the students didn’t know about.

She liked to come here to gather her thoughts.

And this was such a time.

She heard some rustling as someone sat down on the seat opposite of her.

She assumed it was Dongwoo since he was only one who knew about the place besides her.

“Dongwoo, what am I going to do?” she moaned, her eyes still closed. “What should I say to Baekhyun? I feel like an awful person. Why would anybody like me? Especially when I treated him like he was the worst person in the world.” She paused. “But then again, he wasn’t exactly the nicest to me.”

It was quiet while she waited for her friend to reply. “Dongwoo?”

“I’m glad that you decided to just say Baekhyun and not the full name.”

Jangeun’s eyes shot open, and she straightened up in a flash.

Where she was expecting to see Dongwoo was in reality Byun Baekhyun.

“What are you doing here?” she cried out in surprise and embarrassment.

Baekhyun gave her an apologetic smile. “You kept avoiding me, so I asked Dongwoo to help me out.”

She clicked her tongue and looked away. “Damn him. Some friend he is,” she muttered. She got up to leave.

“Don’t you dare run away.”

She froze and glanced at him. “I’m…not running away,” she mumbled.

He raised an eyebrow. “Then sit.”

She reluctantly sat down, avoiding his making eye contact.

He sighed. “Look, Jangeun. I’m sorry that all of this happened this way. I never wanted to make you uncomfortable. If you don’t feel the same way, then I understand. But it hurts to have you keep avoiding me.”

She briefly glanced at him and then away. “That’s not the only reason why I’ve been avoiding you.”

“No?” he intoned.

“It’s also because how I’ve been feeling,” she slowly said.

He waited for her to continue.

She groaned and rummaged her fingers through her head, dropping her forehead to the table.

“Yeah, sure, I was pretty shocked when you told me that you liked me,” she mumbled. “That’s the main reason why I kept avoiding you. But once I started doing that, I realized something.”

“Oh? And what’s that?”

“That I…I missed hanging around you. I missed bickering with you. I thought I hated you. But I guess I liked arguing with you more. And once I became conscious of that, I couldn’t bring myself to look at you even more.”

Baekhyun was silent. “Are you confessing to me? Do you like me?”

She could hear the grin in his words and looked at him to glare at him.

“No! I mean, I don’t know!” she exclaimed. “I’ve been asking myself the same question. And I guess…”

“You guess what?” he prompted.

“I guess I do like you!” she cried out.  “But I don’t know what to make out of it! I mean, I’ve hated you for so long, and now I like you? It doesn’t make sense!”

She sighed and looked up at him. “But I suppose I can’t deny these feelings of mine.”

Baekhyun blinked at her and smiled softly at her. “If it helps, I liked you since the beginning. Around the time I first met you.”

She looked at him with surprise. “The first time we met?” She thought back but all she could remember was their constant bickering.

He snorted as he watched her remember but obviously with no avail. “I knew you had forgotten.”

She scoffed. “Then remind me.”

“Mmm. I think it was the start of the new school term two years ago. I had accidently dropped my folder onto the ground and all my papers were everywhere. Nobody stopped to help me except for you. You simply gathered the papers and handed them to me. And I remember you giving this calming smile and told me to be more careful next time.”

She stared at him. “I… don’t remember.”

He rolled his eyes. “Obviously. The next time I saw you I tried to thank you, but you had no clue who I was. I was kind of a little hurt by it, so I decided to tease you a little. And in my surprise, you fought back. I didn’t think our little fights would drag out so long. And to be honest, I kind of liked teasing you and your reactions, so I continued. But whenever you told me that you hated me, it dug in my hurt a little each time.”

He sighed and leaned back. “So I’m glad it was all cleared up.” He glanced at her. “For the most part.”

She glared at him. “So it was your fault that we ended up hating each other!” she accused.

He raised an eyebrow. “You mean just you hating me, right? Because I have never, for a second, hated you.”

She quieted down and looked away, unable to refute it.

“Well, at least I like you. Kinda,” she quickly added.

Baekhyun chuckled and leaned forward so that they made eye contact.

Jangeun saw him lean forward, and instinctively closed her eyes.

And instead of feeling that light pressure she was expecting on her lips, she felt Baekhyun kiss her on the forehead.

Her eyes flew open as she clasped her forehead with her hand, her cheeks feeling warm.

He laughed at her expression and winked. “We can take it slow. I mean, I was patient enough to wait for two years.”

She scowled at him. “This would have never have happened if you were nice to me from the beginning.”

“And now it’s my fault again,” he snorted as he rolled his eyes.

She looked down and smiled softly. “Yeah. It’s your fault that I fell for you.”

He blinked at her in surprise and smiled.

“Let’s go tell Dongwoo the good news.”

She clicked her tongue and grimaced. “I can hear him now. ‘I told you so, Jangeun. I told you so’.”

 


A/N:

Sorry for the wait!

At first I was thinking I didn’t make Jangeun sassy enough, but I think it turned out well. I tried to incorporate your love for writing into writing in a diary/h

Thanks for liking my stories, and I do believe I remember you! I think you were one of my very first readers. And I think your old username was nikkisomething? Nikkiviolet? I could be wrong, and all of this would be very embarrassing. Haha, yeah. Let’s hope I have a decent memory.

But I hoped you enjoyed it!

Thank you!