Why is it so difficult?

For The Love of Dance

Saturday. Dance class came once again, it was now only 2 weeks until the concert now. The routine was done and perfected, you just kept going through it. Everything was going well.

But your mind felt like it was in a different place, it was harder for you to keep up, and you just didn’t feel like dancing. You felt bad for ignoring Mr. Jung’s words and still coming to class but there was nothing you could do now with only 2 weeks left before the concert, and your exams coming up around the same time. It was starting to dawn on you just how hard this was going to be.

You tried not to let the exams get in the way of your dancing but for some reason today seemed more difficult than any other day had been. You didn’t know why, you were just having an off day.

You didn’t talk a lot, even though everyone was being their usual friendly selves with you. I made you feel a little bad that you weren’t 100% there when people tried to talk to you, but being around happy people did make you feel a little better. Junhong’s dimples made your heart flutter as usual and took your mind off bad thoughts, that was a bonus.

You tried your best to stay focused in class despite your stressed brain.

When class was over you tried to grab your bag as quickly as you could and left in a bit of a hurry, knowing your mum was waiting in the car outside. She was coming to pick you up from lessons now so that you could get home quicker to study.

You quickly hugged Junhong, Hoseok and Jimin before running off in a bit of a hurry, saying goodbye to them.

You didn’t feel good at all today, and you were kind of glad you were leaving early because if you had spent the rest of the day hanging out with your friends, you probably would have brought the rest of them down too. You just needed some time to be alone.

~~~~

“What are you doing tonight, Rina?” Your brother, Yoongi asked, stepping into your room. You were already studying now at your desk, and you were probably going to be here for most of the night.

“Studying probably, why?” you said not taking your eyes off your paper.

“My friends are coming over, just making sure you’re cool with that….and also that you won’t annoy us.”

“That’s fine. I’m gonna be stuck in this room for a long time, don’t even worry about me bugging you guys.” You laughed.

So Yoongi’s friends, Namjoon and Seokjin were coming over. They were all pretty quiet guys anyway not like they were going to distract you from work.

You could hear some music coming from your brother’s room but it wasn’t annoying. You couldn’t pick out what song it was, maybe it was one of their own songs. Namjoon was really into writing lyrics, and your brother Yoongi was passionate about making his own music so it was nothing new for you to be hearing music like that coming from his room. Seokjin was passionate about music too, he liked to sing, Seokjin was cute, you had a little crush on him when you were younger. At the time you were far too young for him, but you couldn’t help it that he was so pretty.

Now you were distracting yourself from studying by thinking about Seokjin. You had to stop yourself and get focused on work again.

“Ugh!” you exclaimed, getting fed up with the maths problems. You were trying to catch up on all the work that Mr. Jung said you were behind on in the class and you knew you had to get it done but it was just so hard.

You needed to take a little break for a bit, resting your head on your desk and taking some deep breaths in to calm yourself and get your head together.

You shut your eyes. Breathe in…breathe out….breathe in….breathe out……

… … …

Your eyes opened slowly. They widened quickly once you realised you had just fallen asleep on your desk. Jumping up, you realised there was no more music coming from Yoongi’s room now. You turned to look at the clock.

11:48pm

How did you nap for that long? You never nap for that long? That wasn’t a nap that was pure sleep.

After kicking yourself for letting yourself relax on your desk too much, you tried to get stuck back into studying; now properly aware of how little amount of time you had left. The nap may have helped in a way; you’ll certainly stay awake till later now.

By the time it got close to 3am, you had caught up on all the maths work that you were behind with all in one night, and had finished your assignment. You did some study for all your other subjects as well, Psychology, English and

You took your laptop out, finally telling yourself that you deserved rest once again. You went on the internet to find out what you missed out on through your nap and study session. Nothing much had really happened while you were gone. How boring.

You felt so exhausted today, even after the nap, it made you feel worse than you did before.

Typing out a short sentence in the status box that read:

“Why is it so difficult?”

You posted it. But you deleted it after 5 minutes, knowing nobody would see it at 3am and also nobody would care.

~ding~

What was that? A message?

Opening your inboxes, there was a new message from Junhong. What was he doing awake at this time?

‘you okay?’ oh no, he must have seen the post. Why was he worrying about me, that’s cute.

‘yeah I’m good :)’ totally convincing Rina, well done.

‘okay good…just..you seemed a bit out if it today in class….also “why is it so difficult?”??? what’s difficult?’ oh…he really took notice of me in class today.

yeah, just having an off day I guess, and school stuff is stressing me out a bit.’ He didn’t need to worry. Really. ‘exams are coming up soon, I’ve been studying.’ You added.

‘aah~ I see. Don’t stress about it too much, as long as you try your best and stay focused, you’ll get good results! :)’ he was being so sweet, it was cheering you up a bit, ’Rina, fighting!!’ you wanted to give him the biggest hug right now.

:) :) :) Thank you!!!’ you didn’t know what else to say to thank him for being so sweet. ‘Why are you still awake right now anyway?’

Couldn’t sleep’ fair enough, ‘my brain must have known you weren’t feeling good haha’

He was being so cute you didn’t know what to do with yourself, you could hear his voice as you read every word he had written. Now you really didn’t know what to say. Of course, it was fate that he couldn’t sleep and you were having study troubles. It was his calling to come and help you. How cute.

hahaha must have! :P aren’t you tired now? You should go to sleep’

‘haha yeah, you sleep too! Have to rest after all that studying’

‘yeah I’m exhausted! goodnight!’

‘goodnight :)’

In that moment you wanted nothing more than to see Junhong in person and have him right in front of you to be able to talk to and hug. But you hugged pillow instead and went to bed thinking about how cute Junhong was tonight.


sweet Junhong is sweet~ aaaawwwwhhhh ^^ thank you once again to all the people who are enjoying my story I know there's a lot of gaps everywhere and it's not perfect but I hope you'll look forward to the new chapters to come :)