Episode 2

A Love Angel

The next morning, my family members all sit down together during breakfast. While mother preparing father next rice of bowl, he was reading the newspaper. Grandpapa was talking to Uncle Suwon and I eventually was eating my breakfast. The foods are delicious, and so it's obvious that I'm shutting my mouth, enjoying every last of my breakfast. Mother made the yummiest Gomguk and Tangpyeongchae. It's been a while having family meal since everyone was busy with the moving and packing stuff, all we ever ate was the one we ask for deliveries, such as Jajangmhyun and Fried Chickens, it was okay, cause those are my favourite foods, but unfortunately I watched Grandpapa and Uncle Suwon get drunk every time we had some resting hours.

Mother took a sit beside me, she gave father his rice. Then she turns to me and smile. She took her chopstick and ate her portion of food. Mother looks very happy somehow. She is going for her first day of work. I guess she's pretty excited about it, I'm very happy. I took another bite of Gomguk meat. I look at Uncle Suwon. Reminding, the night conversation that we had made me think really long that I slept for only 3 hours last night. And I'mmmmmm so tired!! 

As I finish my meal, I stood up and say goodbye to everyone as I walk outside and took my bike to go to school. It's a beautiful day to ride one. I hope it wouldn't rain. I didn't bring my umbrella. wait a minute. I shouldn't say that, things happen when you said what you shouldn't want to happen. Way to go Hana.

 

At School, I locked my bike at the bicycles stand provided by the school. Today I'm hoping that there won't be any more trigger for my heart. I just don't want to think about Yu... God Hana I just said do not think about him. Now, it's really good for you to just walk in the class, greet everyone normally, and then sit down at your table. It’s not that hard.

Not so long, someone just arrive, came park at the bicycle stands next to mine. I look at the person, and unpredictable, Yu Jin was that person. Great. I guess you don't want me to forget him? As I look up, I saw grey clouds gathered. Great. I made a very long face.

"Hey what's with that face?" Ask Yu Jin with a chuckle.

"I didn't bring my umbrella... I thought it wouldn't be rain..." I honestly said.

"Ah..." Yu Jin only sounded, then he turn around, taking his bag then search something in it. Took out an umbrella from the bag, I was stunned. "Here...take mine... i don't need them anyway..."

"But you also use the bicycle..."

"Nah... It's okay... I'll take the challenge to cycle in the rain..." he said cheerfully, then shove the umbrella at me "Here, take it...Don't leave me hanging..."

"Thank you…” I said and nod my head. Yu Jin then chuckled.

“Well, see you in class then…Hana Banana…” He said with a cheeky smile, then took off.

It’s so unfair. Really, He’s cheating. He can just simply put a knife in this heart without I even knowing it. So I guess, it’s really that hard. How am I supposed to make this easy? How? Looking at the umbrella he gave me, I sigh. Suddenly the rain starts pouring. Shoot. I open the umbrella and started to run to class.

 

“If you don’t want to love them, Hate them…” said Jang Mi.

I stare at her, astonish. Hate? How am I supposed to hate Yu Jin. That’s impossible. That guy can’t hardly make me even slightly feel irritate. Other than stunned, he make me lose my head. How can those feelings be considered as Hate???

“Hate?”

“Yeah, well… you like Yu Jin is it?”

I was surprise, this girl in front of me, the girl that first had made conversation with me, Kim Jang Mi (As I recall). Then again, even though, we became friends yesterday, she somehow can read me. Is she some kind of telepathy, if she does, she can maybe listen too…

“No  I don’t have telepathy… if you were wondering…”

“Ah…” I said and pause, then look at her with a weird look “How do you do that?” I asked bluntly.

“It shows in your face…”

I made a face. Jang Mi chuckled. Serve me right thinking such nonsense. I sigh, turning my head towards Yu Jin. Our eyes meet. I flinched, but he smiles. It’s so unfair. He made my heart skip again. I put my hand on my chest, it’s still beating fast. You stubborn heart, like this how can I put hatred on such guy?

 

During lunch hour, Jang Mi came with me. Starting today Jang Mi might be my best friend. I mean, we just met, and yeah well, she’s the first person who urges me but the thought of having best friend. It’s actually something painful to even enjoying it while it last. Can this build up friendship last?

While Jang Mi drank her soup, she talks about no one’s allowed eating in this specific area. She pointed the place. A corner table on the left side, it looks isolated. Afterwards there’s something sitting on it.

“It’s a ghost??” I whispered. In daylight? But how can that possible. I rubs my eyes so many times. Jang Mi chuckled.

“It’s not a ghost… She’s Sung Ri’s sister… Sun ni…”

“Sung Ri as in the class president?”

Jang Mi nodded. Sun Ni is that thing name, I mean girl name. She looks so gloomy. When I think back Sung Ri is quite serious and sometimes he shows his friendly side, he looks more human. Then again, as I stare at her, our eyes met and so I thought. I looked away quickly. I let out a relief breathe.

“So…” Jang Mi started.

“So?” I asked.

“Are you ready to hate Yu Jin?” she asked without hesitation.

That made me coughing so suddenly. This girl is something. I look around for safety before I even spill the beans. It’s quite noisy, so maybe no one really would bother our conversation and beside me and Jung Mi were alone together on this table.

“I don’t know…” I said slowly.

“You know… you’re the first girl I met who doesn’t want to fall in love… I mean, a lot of my friends and our classmate doesn’t mind falling… Mind telling me why are you like that? Black history?”

I don’t know where to start. Should I tell her about that? But I promise Father and Grandpapa about not to tell anyone about my ability. Beside, I don’t think she would believe it. How can I say it, (Well, I have a dead angel spirit with me…) She would think I’m lunatic. I should just tell her about my ex.

“Well, Hmm… I have an ex boyfriend…”

“I knew it… A cute girl like you, never miss a chance of having relationship… so how was he like? Is he dreamy, like Yu Jin?”

 “No… but he is really handsome… he is sweet and gentle… protects me…”

“But why you both broke up? Doesn’t he sound great…”

“Yeah… Maybe he just thought that I’m not really fit to be his girlfriend, so he broke up with me…”

“Wait… You are saying that you don’t even know why he left you?”

“Hm…No, I mean, he…” I hesitated.

“He?”

“I don’t know why… Okay…”

I can’t tell her that, I can’t tell her the reason he left me was because of me. I kissed him. He had forgotten about me. I didn’t realize that I shed a tear, as when Jang Mi wipe my tears with a napkin. 

“I understand… even though, I have a different situation, but I get the feeling why it’s hard for you to start another love… you just don’t want that to happen again… you are afraid that he might leave you for no reason, when he was the best thing that ever happen to you…am I right?”

I nodded slowly, wiping my drastic falling tears with Jang Mi’s napkin. Jang Mi nodded to. She then sigh.

“I should tell you something, as return of your broken heart… I’m Yu Jin’s ex girlfriend…”

After another, is another? She can’t be real?

“I know… you don’t believe it… but back in freshman, we are so close…”

“Then what happen?”

“Girls happen…” She looks serious when she says it. “Yu Jin is a smart … he teaches me a lot of things, even though he is younger than me, but he sure knows how to make an older girl falls for him…”

“He is young?”

“He skips 2 years in Elementary school and 2 years in middle school…”

“Woah…then what happen?”

“Because he grew taller and cuter… a lot of girls notices him more and more… so I started to feel like I shouldn’t be his, he can be really sweet, when he says that he doesn’t want anyone but me… but after 5 months having a great experience of first love with him, I guess it’s enough… so I broke us up… It’s painful but I like being friends better…”

“I’m sorry….”

“Nah, I don’t have any feelings for him anymore… He’s a friend, a classmate now… beside, I have a new target…” She said with a chuckle.

Jang Mi experience such a broken hearted first love just like me and it’s with Han Yu Jin also. Though I felt a bit relief of their break up but I’m kind of feeling sympathy towards her more. I stood up and look at her with more tears.

“I want to be as close as possible with you…” I said.

Jang Mi stares at me long then she smiles, she nodded her head. I know I’m being super weird right now but I want to be her best friend ever. Oh Gosh, I couldn’t stop crying. Jang Mi had to give another napkin and wipe my tears with a chuckle. She’s really amazing.

“You are such a baby, you know that…” she said while still wiping my eyes.

 

After school I went to see Yu Jin, to give him back the Umbrella. Beside it’s not raining this time of hour. I waited him near his bike. He is one of the committee; Sung Ri had announce it during the class period that all the selected Committee was being called for a meeting after school hour ended. I couldn’t believe that I had to wait till the night came.

“Ah, Hana?” a voice awaken me from my thoughts.

I turn around and saw Yu Jin walking towards the bike stands. He is still the prettiest person alive. If I was Jang Mi, I don’t think I could stop loving this guy. Yet again, by the looks of his face and his height, I can’t believe he is younger than me.

“Yu Jin… here your umbrella…”

“You should have just gave it tomorrow…”

“Oh, but I’m afraid of I’ll forget to bring it tomorrow… so I have to give it immediately… beside I don’t them anymore…the night is so clear…” I said and smile.

Yu Jin just stare at me like no blink at all. What is wrong with him? I look away and start to get on my bike.

“Hey Hana…”

“Yeah?”

“Do you happen to have a boyfriend??”

I didn’t know what happen but I fall down with my bike and got a bruise on my knee. Great such a pride have lost. Yu Jin help me lift my bike to the side and then he kneel down to see my bruise. What did I just hear?

“It’s not that heavy bleeding… with a little cleaning and then plaster it… it would be okay, but it’s going to swell a little…” he looks at me and then he suddenly widen his eyes. “Sorry, I carried away…” his hand on his mouth.

He is so cute. I can’t believe this; he was saying like he knows how to cure someone. Kind of like he was interested being a doctor.

“Hey Yu Jin…” I called him. Then he looks at me. “Do you like curing people?”

He was silent for a while, then he put his hand on his neck then look away “Yeah…” then he suddenly turns toward me and was making this panic look “But I don’t want to be a doctor… I don’t think that I can be one…” He stop and look down.

“Why?”

“Hmm… My dad wants me to be in the CIA like him…”

I stood up and brush away the dirt from my skirt. I look at him and then grab his hand to lift him up. Then we were so up close. His face was so close. This again, my heart skips a beat. Then as I stare him closely, he looks sad. At this very moment, I feel like I should use my ability to throw away his misery. Should I kiss him?

“Don’t chase something you don’t want…” I slowly said and looked away. I took my bicycle then just ride the bike without looking back at Yu Jin. At this time, I thought deeply, I shouldn’t even think that way not even once ever again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

KYA!!! SHE ALMOST WANTED TO KISS HIM... BUT NO! SHE MUST'NT!! OH WELL... SEE YA SOON