I KNOW YOU

May I fall in love with you?

This group ended pretty fast you thought as you walked back to the office. You hate unenthusiastic tourists. You explain, they take pictures, lets move on. That's boring for any guide. The clock says 5:15pm and you decide to call Jack to cheer you up. 

Hello ___. What's up?

Guess who called me a few hours ago?

Umm.. No one? Why would anyone call you. - he snorts 

Ha-ha. It was Mr. Nice guy.

What? Again? You know I really mean it when I say I can go and beat his anytime. 

I told you it's fine. They have these reunions like 3 times a year, I can endure 3 phone calls.

I can endure if they never even called you. I mean you'll have to show up on one of those meetings eventually.

I'm hoping they get the message that I don't want to. 

And how's that working out? 

Oh come on I called you to make me feel better.

Fine fine I'm sorry. You probably wanted to tell me that you'll be late tonight right?

Nooo.. I wanted to tell you that I don't know when I will come.

Ohhh even better. - he says sarcastically. 

Ok this was a waste of time. Bye now.

Liar. - he laughs - See you tonight. 

You hang up. Of course it wasn't a waste of time. He reads you like a book. You still have some time left so you check your schedule for tomorrow. Well on first look it seems like there's not so much. You start going through the papers. On second look, there is nothing much. 

The fish! - you say out loud and a few heads turn in your direction. Oops. 

You had enough time to go buy fish but now you have no time.
The barbacue is on Friday I have a lot of time. I'm such an idiot. You smile by yourself. 
Well time to head out. You grab your flag and arrive in front of the cathedral 10 minutes before 6 o'clock. The bus arrives earlier too. 

Anyeonghaseyo! - you make a small bow - I will be your guide for the next 3 hours my name is ____ nice to meet you.

The ones in front respond but the rest are in too much awe to notice you I guess. You count 14 people like it says on the paper. 

Ok, does anyone need to go to the bathroom, buy water or food?
No hands raised. Fine let's go then. There will be more breaks later.


You were now at the park with the tourists cheking your papers while everyone takes pictures and goes to the market. 

Is everyone here? - you yell and people start turning around looking for their partners,kids etc. You start counting them and.. It's 15? You do it again looking at each of them. And stop at the guy with a hoody. The guy from the restaurant? Please tell me this is a joke. It can't be him.

You there! You weren't with the group before. - you start walking to him. 

I'm really sorry.- he pulls his hoody down-  I'm new in town and I heard korean so I just needed some touring. - he says to you in korean. 
He does look a bit lost. 

Well I don't know what you think of this country yet but I'm not doing my job for free you know. - you say annoyed not believing this is happening.
He looks at you but you can't even tell what he's thinking.
There is something so farmiliar about him.
I just can't put my finger on it. 

You know you look like- 

I'm sorry I'll go. - he turns around and puts his hoody back on and starts walking fast.

No I must be going crazy. You turn around and the group isn't even bothered by, well anything. 
If he was someone they would notice right? 

Ok people let's move! - you tell them and start going to the next destination. 



It's 7:45pm and you're back at the office. This time you rushed the group because you don't want Patrice and Jack to give you a 'we told you so' when you come late. You take your papers for tomorrow and head out. Someone stops you at the entrance. Oh it's the new guy. With a different hoody this time.

Came to get an appointment? - you smile at him. 

It says you work until 9pm. - he says, clearly avoiding eye contact.

The agency does but my schedule is over. - you turn around and start walking. 

Wait! - he runs after you and starts walking with you. - I'll pay you right now for just one hour, please. 

I have plans you know?

Ok,then tomorrow. 

You stop and look at him. He gets flustered again and avoids eye contact

I know you from somewhere. I just can't remember-

Your phone rings. Oh you idiots sure know to call at the right time.

Patrice I'm not late ok?

It is 8pm you know. 

You check the time. The guy looks like he's about to go away. 

Wait! 

Wait what? - Patrice says but you hang up.

Tomorrow at 11am be here ok? 

Are you sure?

Yes, I- I want to help you. 

Ohh thank you so much! - he says cheerfully and he smiles at you. 

Umm see ya tomorrow. - you walk away.  

It was like his real self. That cheerful voice and smile. And I know someone who's exactly like that.  


The cafe is close by and you find Patrice and Jack outside and you sit down visibly upset as you take out your phone.

Hello to you too. - Jack tells you as he puts your coffee in front of you.

Thanks. - you tell him while looking at your phone. You start getting nervous. - Guys I think I met someone who looks just like this one idol I know.

They all look the same. - Jack says.

Shut up. - Patrice tells him then turns to you. - Honey, this is like the 5th time you think that. 

No this time it's real! I need to look on the internet. I haven't been to a kpop site for 5 years. I'm nervous as hell.

So you can't remember the sites name or? - Jack says.

I can, why are you asking me that? 

Then check oh my god! Stop hesitating. Look I'll do it. It's allkpop or something. 

No, I don't like that site! - you say. 

There you go again. - he takes your phone and starts typing. He reads the first news about some group that you never heard of.

Go check the news of the day or week I don't know these groups.

The news of the week is 'Winner disband, what is next'.

That one! Omg click that one.

Okk, calm down. Winner was treated badly at MAMA last year and this year again. Bla bla some weird name said- 

Jack! Come on!

Fine, Seungyoon said they don't feel comfortable in this industry that completely changed from what it was before. Jinwoo says there are mostly wars between groups. - He stays silent for a while. - It's mostly complaints you don't have to hear that. They will stay in touch with fans but they need to rest first. 

That's it?

Well the second news of the week is 'Where is Song Minho'. 

It's him isn't it? - Patrice says. - This looks like we're in some investigating tv show I love it! 

Let me see it. - you take your phone and start reading. 

So? - Patrice asks. 

It says they're all seen with their family and friends except Mino and that some fans say he was last seen at the airport on Friday. 

Well he found a good place to hide, no one will find him here. - Jack says sarcastically. 

I know kpop fans who could recognise him ok?!

But even you didn't know it at first. - Patrice says.

Because I haven't seen him in so long. I really liked him you know. 

All we know is Infinite though. - Jack says.

Well I didn't want to bother you with other groups that I liked.

Thank you for that, sincerely. - he snorts. 

You start bickering while Patrice just sips on her coffee.

If you guys just dated everyones life would be easier. - you know she said it just so you two would stop but you're annoyed by the same old story. 

Well that was in the game before I got to know you. - he says moving away from you.

What? - you look at him confused. 

Did you just... Confess? - Patrice asks.

Well it's been years. She should know. ____ the first few months I met you I was even thinking about leaving Nola for you.
Nola was his first girlfriend and they were toghether for two years. She didn't go to your school, thank you god.


Hahah whatever I would never be with you. - you laugh loudly.

You didn't find me attractive? Yeah right. Keep telling yourself that. 

You just love picking up fights with me don't you? 

Please don't start again. - Patrice says annoyed.

We won't. Beacause I'm leaving. I have more important things to do. 

Yeah like show your idol the town, really important! - Jack yells after you. 

Give her a break that guy is important. - Patrice tells Jack.

How do you know? 

I'm not sure but I think he's the guy that almost killed her relationship with-

Yeah yeah Woohyun. What a strong celebrity relationship. 

Come on, you know how important Infinite was for her.

She's grown out of her k-pop fase ok? 

Just because you like that fact doesn't mean that she doesn't miss them you know? - she says and gets up. - You're paying. 


You rushed to you apartment to do some reaserch by yourself. Maybe I should check Tumblr. Oh god. The very thought made you smile.
You got a message from Jack saying that he's sorry. You weren't mad but didn't respond. Think what you want idiot. 

You get home, change to your pajamas and turn on your laptop. There is no way in the world that would forget your password. It was Woohyun's date of birth. But what was the password for your secret Mino blog? 

I'm such a hypocrite. - you laugh as you log into your Mino blog with Woohyun's date. Winner is all over the place. You finally see Mino's pictures. 

How did I not recognise you? - you say starring at the pictures. 

Your night went by listening to Winners new albums and watching tv shows. You laughed like you used to until 3am. 

I'm getting tired way to early. It's only 3:30.

You turn on your favourite song and fall asleep on the couch.