MONDAYS ARE THE WORST

May I fall in love with you?

You walk into a nice old building at 7:50. Your office is on the 4th floor. It's arranged by languages, therefore, Asia is on the 4th floor. You decide to take the elevator this time. 
http://cdn.decoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Buck-ONeill-Builders-Green-Offices-2-eco-friendly-office-design.jpg 
(let's imagine some pics of Asia on the wall and stuff like that haha) 

Good morning! - you say as cheerful as possible. You were still new so you wanted to seem nice to everyone. You hear a few tired good mornings back so you smile and start going to the staircase. Guides are upstairs and downstairs are the ones who pick up the phone. That's what the other guides call them. You find it a bit too harsh. I mean, they are the ones who come up with travel offers and arrange tourist groups. 
As you come upstairs a short cute girl jumps in front of you.

Good morning Korea! - she says.

Good morning! - you smile at her hoping she won't notice that you have no idea who she is. 

You don't remember me do you? 

Oh? No no I... Um... Yeah sorry, I'm terrible with names. 

It's ok. - she says overly cheerful for your taste - I'm Kate, Malaysia. I was in Kuala Lumpur for the last three weeks. 

Oh right. You were gone for so long that's why- 

You'll get to travel someday to. - she cuts you off while walking away and giving you a small wave.


People sure like to brag a lot here. - you thought to yourself

Don't mind her. She's been here for 3 years and had her first trip just now pfff. 

You turn around and see your good friend Mia. She's the head of China guides.

She didn't get to me. - you smile

I'm pretty sure you'll have your first trip way sooner then her. - she then walks to her table that's across yours and sits down.

When was your first trip to China? - you ask her curiously.

Hmm.. I think it was about a year after I started working? It was such a long time ago.

I think I don't have any plans about leaving this city yet. 

Of course you still have lots of time. I'm going out now, see ya!

You wave at her and sit down by your desk. You already have a pile of paper on it. The people downstairs make offers and put them together and then take them upstairs for guides to see their schedule for the day. Our job is actually way harder you think to yourself looking at the papers that piled up during the weekend. Well since it's a beautiful day you can go over them somewhere nicer then this stupid office. You are the only guide for Korea so you don't have a boss and that's a huge plus. Everyone here has to stay at the office and translate then bring it to the head of their language. Everyone told you the first day that you're lucky. You take your Monday papers and start walking outside to the park nearby. 

http://pablon.blog.hr/slike/originals/wp_20141107_006.jpg

You sit on the bench and take a deep breath. The air is so fresh, you loved it. You take a look at your papers and you notice they are placed by order. Finally. When you first got here you noticed that all papers you would get are mixed up and it always took you at least 20 minutes to arrange them by hours. You made a big fuss about it and it seems like they finally listened. This made it so much easier. First schedule today is 11 o'clock 10 tourists. No special mark on the paper so it means the regular route. Cathedral, main square, square with shopping stores, square with cafes, this park you're in now and then the way to their hotel and a little tour around hotel area.
The next schedule is... 3 o'clock, ok, then 6 o'clock and..

Nothing else?? - you say a bit shocked

How did you have such big wholes in your schedule. Oh it's probably since it's autumn. You started working here in the summer, it was so crowded and busy that it seemed like it was going to last forever. I guess autumn and winter are going to be boring. You sit back and go through you're everyday lines. The park is quite empty so you can whisper to yourself. Well you would do it even if there were people around. Pronunciation is very important.
You stay here until 10:45 and then make your way back to the office to take your name tag and the korean flag.

11:00 in front of the cathedral. I'm so sharp you think to yourself and smile. A bus arrives and you see a korean flag on the window. You rush to it as the people start coming out. 


Anyeonghaseyo! - you make a small bow - I will be your guide for the next 3 hours my name is ____ nice to meet you.
They say hi back to you while they look around excitedly. 

Does anyone need to go to the bathroom, buy water or food? Few hands are raised now. 

Ok everyone who doesn't need anything you can go sit by that fountain. http://www.putovnica.net/files/imagecache/velika/zagreb-fontana-ispred-katedrale.jpg Everyone for food and water go to that red store behind you and when you're finished go to the fountain. Bathroom people come with me. - you smile widely. You're happy another day is ahead of you. And an easy one. 


Phew... - you sit down on the couch in your office and take a look at the clock. 14:30. Boy was this group excited. A few ahjummas told you you were nice and friendly and it was like a trigger for everone else. They were laughing, having fun and asking a lot of questions. You realised you're tired but you smile beacuse it's the good kind of tired. You take your purse from the drawer and head out to get some lunch at the restaurant next to your office building. You'll have to make it a quick lunch since the next group is coming soon and the one before lasted longer then it should have.
http://domidizajn.jutarnji.hr/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/wok_burger-101214-1010x570.jpg?53eb18
This was your favourite place to eat since it had asian food on the menu. You walk in and the waiter greets you since you're practically a regular now.

Hi Tom! Please give me the usual and make it fast I'm in a hurry.

Coming right up!

The place is quite full but not noisy. You sit at your usual seat. Across of your table there is a man in a hoody and a snapback. That kinda freakes you out but your food comes right on time to wake you up from your thoughts.

Enjoy your meal!

Thank you! 


You're almost finished when your phone starts to ring. You take it out of your pocket. It's your ex korean teacher. Ugh you really don't like that man. There's probably some kind of a reunion that you don't want to attend but he keeps on calling anyway. 

Yoboseo? - you ask with a fake happy voice. 

____-ssi a
nyeonghaseyo.

Ne, anyeonghaseyo - you say back annoyed by this korean way of speaking.

We'll have a picnic this Saturday with everyone from the school will you have some time to come and join us?

Sure! - you say faking the excitement - But you know, I have to check my schedule first. I will give you a call on Friday. - you say hoping to end the conversation. 

I hope you'll be free we haven't seen you in a while. 

Yeah I've been really busy with work.

That's good, better then not doing anything right? - he chuckles.

Yeah I agree. I'll call you on Friday 
Kim sunsengnim, annyeonghi gyeseyo.

I'l look forward to it ____-ssi. 

You hang up frustrated. Even if I have no schedule no way I'm coming! Can't they tell I don't want anything to do with them. You look up and realise that guy was looking at you the whole time. He even had a mask across his mouth like what the hell. What?! Your never heard korean before?! You think to yourself while giving him an annoyed look. He looks away. Yeah you better. Ugh you were so mad but you have to go to the next group on your schedule. You leave money on the table and take a glance at that guy again but he's just eating now. You take your stuff and
 make your way to the cathedral and a bus with korean flag arrives. You walk to the group of people that came out and put on a smile.

Anyeonghaseyo! I will be your guide for the next 3 hours my name is ____ nice to meet you. - you say your lines happily hoping to forget all about that terrible phone call and weird guy across your table.