Chapter One

Bad Bistro

Present Day

 

    MyungSu is furious, and a little upset. He wanted to punch a wall and cry on someone’s shoulder. Well not just anyone’s shoulder, his best friends shoulder, so he takes his phone out of his pocket and starts to call his best friend. 

    “Hey! What’s up MyungSu?” 

    “I need your help, SungYeol.” MyungSu starts in.

    “Why? What happened?” SungYeol’s voice becomes frantic.

    “I got fired. They think I stole from the register and they let me go.” MyungSu informed.

    “What? Why do they think you stole from the register?” 

    “The new manger was having me shut down the register when we were closing the store and my boss thinks that I stole from them.” 

    “Did you?” 

    “What kind of question is that? You’re supposed to be my best friend. You should know that I would never steal from anyone.” MyungSu thinks a moment. “The bad thing is now I won’t be able to pay for my schooling if I don’t find a job. I told my parents that I would pay for it myself.”

    “I don’t know why, you knew it was going to be hard to do it.” 

    “Well, can you see if they will let me work up there?” MyungSu feels as if he can’t go a day without a job, or he will fall behind. 

    “Yeah. I will talk to my boss.” SungYeol hung up the phone and looked at the manager. “DongWoo!”

    “Yes SungYeol?” DongWoo spoke in a cheery voice as usual. 

    “I have a question for you!” SungYeol started to sing.

    “I can’t give you a raise SungYeol.” 

    “Why do you think that is what I am asking for?” SungYeol gave DongWoo a mean look. “Nevermind. Do you know when SungKyu is coming in?”

    “Yeah?” A voice came from behind SungYeol.

    SungYeol jumps forward and turns. “Oh, Sir! You scared me.” 

    “How many times do I have to tell you? You don’t have to call me Sir.” SungKyu put his computer on the counter. “What do you need?”

    “Well, my friend just got fired from his job and is looking for a new one and wanted to know if he could get one here?” SungYoel used his best pretty please voice.

    “What did he get fired for?”

    SungYeol looked around, he didn’t know if he should tell him, but SungKyu scared him, “He got fired for stealing, but he didn’t do it.”

    “Well…” SungKyu looked at SungYeol and then to DongWoo who was still standing close by. “We already have each position filled, I can’t fit him in.” 

    “He won’t steal from you! I promise. He is a good boy and does as he is told. He can’t steal, it isn’t in his nature.” SungYeol knew that he shouldn’t have told SungKyu that MyungSu got fired for stealing. 

    “You say that because he is your friend, but regardless we have no room for him here.” SungKyu continued. “Now.” He opened the computer he set on the counter. “I need to do somethings, we are changing some things one the menu.”

    “What why?” SungYeol had just gotten used to this menu and feels that changing it would mess his cooking up. 

    “I was told we have to change it every once in a while, keeps the customers happy.” He waved his hand around as he was trying to figure out what it was he was told. 

    “Hey, you can’t forget about my friend he needs a job.” SungYeol isn’t going to let SungKyu go until his friend has a job at the restaurant. 

    “I can, he is not my responsibility, he shouldn’t have been stealing from his old job.” 

    “He wasn’t stealing!”

    “SungYeol, your break is up.” DongWoo had permitted SungYeol a short break when he received the call from MyungSu.

    “Fine.” He walked back over to his station and eyed SungKyu the entire way. “I will make sure my friend gets a job here no matter what it takes.” He whispers to himself not really caring if SungKyu heard him.

    “You have fun with that.” SungKyu didn’t take his eyes off his computer. 

 

    “Okay!” After an hour SungYeol finally comes up with something. “My friend is a music major——“

    “I’m listening!” SungKyu cuts SungYeol off before he could finish what he was saying.

    “He can play the guitar and is learning how to write music. Maybe he can play here at the restaurant and entertain your guests.” SungYeol is sure SungKyu isn’t going to refuse this offer.

    “That would be cool. You can tell him he got a job.” SungKyu shut his computer. “I want to see him at 10am tomorrow, since it is a Saturday, and he just got fired. He should be able to make it then, right?” SungKyu picked his computer up. “I will see you guys tomorrow, take care.” He waved to everyone before leaving the kitchen.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I hope you enjoyed this~! Please let me know what you think in the comments, and if you really like it please subscribe. -dragonmask