'Great'

Thank You, Dear Book.

Na Eun's house came into view. I lazily tossed the nicely floral-wrapped rectangular box with into the air. *Flowers. Thing that I hate the most. If only today's not their first-anniversary, I wouldn't have make an effort to go buy this..thing*

        It took me AGES to convince Mom that I'm not dating someone! I looked over to my backpack and instantly smiled to one of its pouch. *That halmeoni is really..*

        I look up and my face instantly lit up in excitement. I cleared my throat coolly and was about to raise my right hand when he sullenly went........

        Right pass me ! Like..like I wasn't there! My gaze followed his footsteps and I raised my eyebrow in curiousity. *Last time I check, boys don't PMS. Unless he is different* I bit back a laugh at the thought.

        But the laugh however, didn't last for long. A mask of horror covered my face when something clicked in my mind. *The date. , THE DATE! Don't tell me..* I dropped the item and made my run up the hill. 

       I stopped dead in my track when I saw those two, practically each other face off. My eyes rounded in disgust, threatened to pop out of its socket. I was drowned in the sea of words, bewildered from what's taking place right in front of me.

      Something fragile rolled down and came in contact with my feet. I squatted down and took it. Recognition hit me. It's a see through cylindrical-case consisting of two crystal swans revolving each other on a lake, purely made from glass. I helped Ki Kwang chose this for their anniversary. *Oh lord, You gotta be kidding me*

      Tears of anger welled in my eyes. A rapid intake of breath was then heard. I looked up and saw they're both gasping for air.

       I gritted my teeth and straightened my legs to stand up. "Did you had FUN?"

    Na Eun gasped and pushed Jae Hyo away. She turned my way and her eyes rounded in surprise, "Eun-Eun Ji ah"

    I strengthened my will and walked over with whatever spirit left. "I said, DID. YOU. HAD. FUN?" I tightened my grip on the floral wrapped case.

       Shegrabbed my left hand, "I-it's not what you think at all. It's not-".

Right on cue, I smashed the case to the brick wall beside us, causing it to burst into million pieces and hit us. One sliced through my skin but all I felt was numbness. Jae Hyo jumped a bit from his position. **

    Na Eun shrieked in horror and covered her face with her arms. One big piece however managed to slice down her arm, causing a thread of thick red blood came trickling down. She tripped on her own leg and stumbled down.  

      "Eun Ji-ah", she looked up at me with tears welled up in her eyes.

        Jae Hyo gulped in horror. *I really shouldn't messed up with her in the first place. These girls, are so ed up* He scrambled up and ran for his life.

     My eyes were full of hatred and betrayal. I stayed my gaze up ahead. "You knew how much he meant to me. You knew how much pain I had to bear upon seeing him with you. You knew-" I choked on my tears.

      "You knew why I gave up on him..." I looked down at her.

    "..because I had my TRUST on you to make him happy. I really DID", a tear rolled down my cheek. I looked back up ahead and let out a bitter laugh, "But now, how I wish I didn't".

     I squatted down beside her and picked up one of the swans that miraculously remained perfectly fine. "If you know what's good for you, stay away from him. For his sake", I bitterly caressed the little creature.

    I stood up and turned around, hoping that I could catch up with Ki Kwang. Sullenly, I began my way down the hill. Not too long before I abruptly stop, "Ah, one more thing,"

    I looked over my shoulder at her and sinistically remarked, "You disgust me."

    Holding back my tears, I ran as fast as I could. I stopped at the corner and slapped my palm against the wall to support myself. I clutched the place where my heart belongs and let out silent tears. *It hurts. A lot*

     I fastened my hold on the straps of my backpack and took a sharp intake of breath. *No matter what, I have to give this to him* With that, I ran to the place that he always go whenever he's having a breakdown.

   *Wait for me. Please*

~0~

    Head hanging low, Ki Kwang played with the undone shoestrap of his. His fingers drummed an unrecognized tune on the swings' strap. A figure blocked the sunlight, causing him to look up and his eyes squinted from the recognition. "Eun Ji??"

   The girl keeps on shoving the homemade biscuit on his face, "Take this". Dazed, he took the biscuit from the girl's hand. Eun Ji took her place on the swing beside him, constantly being tailed by his gaze. "What..are you doing here?"

   Carefreely, she shut her eyes and enjoy the delicate wind rocking her silky hair side to side, "What does it looks like? Kickboxing?"

   Ki Kwang chuckled slightly. "Tch. You and your sinistic remarks". He took a small bite from the biscuit before his eyes rounded in surprise. He looked at her,"H-how..?"

   Eun Ji snickered, "What? You think you're the only one with the aegyo?".

   "Halmeoni sends her final regards. She left to Seoul with her son right when I came for the cookies",she continued. Ki Kwang looked at her in shock, "Is this one..for real?". Eun Ji nodded, "Not coming back".

   He sighed in dissapointment but instantly cheered up, "It's a good thing his son came back for her. I would miss her cookies though".

    She looked over at him. "So.....you knew already?",she bit her lower lip. "I guess--wait, what do you mean by already? Does that means, you knew?",he looked at her in bewilderment.

    Eun Ji hesitatedly, nodded.

    "All this while!?"

    She bit her lip.

     "You..made me looks like a fool",he muttered.

     "I didn't say a word because she said he was just a fling and she begged me to keep this as a secret! Besides, I don't want to be the third party to ruin my bestfriends' relationship",Eun Ji defended herself.

     Standing up, he said, "I-I gotta go. I can't stand this". He started to walk away.

     *Now!* She suited behind, "N-neither can I!". He abruptly stop and turned back. "You can't? What's the thing that you CAN'T stand with, huh!? You can't stand with a lovelorn loser like me!?",he pointed himself in annoyance.

     Eun Ji clenched her fist before exploding, "With this love triangle, you moron!"

    Ki Kwang's eyebrow twitched in confusion, "E-eh? Love what? With whom?"

    She walked over in irritation and motion to cup Ki Kwang's face in the air. "Are you just plainly stupid or are you being ignorant all this while!? Love Triangle; You, Me and Na Eun in a TRI.ANGLE, got that!?",she drew a triangle in the air at the word.

     Ki Kwang looked at her as if she was from outer space. But not too long before he jolted up in shock. Everything makes sense now! The way she cared for him, the way she stole a glance of his, is different from how a friend should be!, "No. Way".

     "Yes. Way.",she firmed in annoyance. Soon, awkward silence fill the atmosphere between them. *'Great'. Just the exact reaction that I expected from him. I just confessed to him and he could just stand here like a statue without saying anything? This guy, is the definition of a JERK*

      "Urgh!!!",Eun Ji bark in dissapointment and left the dumbfounded gentleman there. She huffed her cheeks out, sending her bangs floating freely in the air while stomping her steps. A tremendous tree bark caught her sight and she hid behind it. Eun Ji reached for her smartphone.

      Ki Kwang somehow snapped out from his 'aw' when he saw Eun Ji backpack left on the ground. He walked over while scratching his un-itchy scalp. "Aish this girl. Walks away before I even manage to say anything". Just as he about to slung the backpack over his shoulder, his phone vibrated.

     "See that bag? Dig in, your true present are in there. Though you might find it irrrelevant after what happened, well, do I care!? At least I worked for it : p

See you in school this Monday

-Eun Jiji-"

He raised an eyebrow before started digging in to find TONS of cookies and a bright red book with its title sounded, "LEE KI KWANG & SON NA EUN: Love Story of the Year"

      He bitterly laughed at the title. *Even as a nerd, that title is LA to the ME*

      The first page greeted him with a drawing of the first day he and his oh-so-dream-girl met. He skipped to the last page to find a picture of Eun Ji beaming snortedly next to her present for those two for their very-first anniversary.

    And with that, both Ki Kwang and Eun Ji smiled, unknowingly. With both anticipating for what the next Monday may serve for them.