Shoved down the rabbit hole.

FALEHYN IN WONDERLAND

OVERLAND

    Daehyun peeked into the hallway, looking both directions, he determined the coast was clear before stepping out of the elevator. He had found the blue prints for the royal flush building with little trouble and had spent a week memorizing every twist and turn to avoid being seen. He knew exactly where he needed to be going, there was a floor in the building that wasn’t on the original blue print. It was added on years later when royal flush bought the location. It was curious why they went through all the trouble to build another floor on top of an already extremely tall building. The floor was locked off from the elevator you couldn’t get up there without a key. Since daehyun didn’t have a key he had to think of ulterior way’s to get onto that floor.
    “I saw the elevator stop on this floor, he’s got to be here.” a grumbling voice spoke down the hall. Daehyun moved quickly to the side where there was a little cubby hole for him to hide in.
    “Should we tell leader zelo? Leader jongup could find him in minutes.” another voice said.
    “Anni, we should do this on our own, we could get promotions if we succeed, beside’s they are all on the top level working with president yongguk and CEO Himchan. We are not allowed up there…only when I deliver their lunches.” Daehyun was listening intently to see if they would give anything away about what they were working on up there but they didn’t seem to know anything either.
    “so that mean’s you have a key for up there…maybe we should go take a peek.” the man said eagerly.  Daehyun perked up at hearing about a key, those words decided the two’s fate. Daehyun stepped out of the cubby hole catching the men off guard.
    “You!” one of the men called pointing. He was a short man with thick arms and legs. He obviously overcompensated for his height in muscle mass.  “Get him.” he said and the two started towards daehyun.
    “Wait!” daehyun said holding out his hands. The men stopped charging caught off guard by daehyun’s sudden actions. “Before I die I’ve always wanted to show someone this.” he said as he removed the hat from his head.
    “Sir…we should get him now.” the man said to the other. He was taller and older, the way he spoke showed he didn’t like having to refer to the younger as sir. He was disapproving about the man’s choice to stop the attack momentarily.
    “Let him show his little trick…he’s right he will die tonight.” Daehyun felt his nerves rattle at the thought of death but easily pushed it aside. It wasn’t the first time he’d been put in a life or death situation, and he was sure it wouldn’t be his last.
    “Now if you look inside the hat you see there is nothing there right?” he said showing the men the hats. They both nodded in unison. “Good, now follow that hat with your eyes.” He started tossing and flipping the hat in rapid movements distracting the two men. “Now…” the hat was in mid air and the two men were looking at it intently when daehyun moved quickly punching both the men in the throats. They doubled over coughing and clutching their throats in pain as daehyun kicking out knocking them both to the ground with one kick. “I’ll be taking this.” He shoved the taller man aside and crouched down over the muscled man digging hurriedly through his jacket pockets. “Ah ha, I’ll be taking this. Thank you for your cooperation.” Daehyun grinned tossing the key into the air and catching it easily.
    “Who are you?” the man on the floor croaked. Daehyun crouched down picking up his hat and dusting it off.
    “I’ll answer you if you can answer me…why is a raven like a writing desk?” the man looked at daehyun confused as daehyun placed his hat back on his head. “I guess we’ll both leave unsatisfied.” he said patting the guards chest before hurrying off back into the elevator.


REALMS OF GOTHAO

    “Father! Father! Father!” I called out running into the royal meeting room. It was closed off by two heavy doors in which I had to use all my might to push them open. It was a grand room filled with a large mahogany table that was as of now surrounded by the officials of the nine realms. The two large doors slammed loudly as I ran towards the table.
    “Falehyn how many times have I told you not to run so, it’s such a manly habit.” my father said un-approving. “Princess’s do not run, they walk with haste.”
    “Even when the kingdom is at stake!” I said breathlessly. I noticed for the first time that king Bae from logres was sitting across from father with his greasy son beside him.  I gave them a quick bow before turning back to my father.
    “What are you talking about?” he said giving me his full attention.
    “Wizard hongki, he said that there is magic coming, from another world.” I said hurried. “He said that it’s a big storm and we should all be prepared, we need to go into the forest and find youngjae, he can help us prevent it!” I felt my face flush with excitement and worry for the only excitement I’d had all day. Father was silent a moment as he watched me.
    “Will you excuse us?” he said to our guests before pulling me into the adjoining room. “Are you truly doing this now?” my father said disappointment in his voice. “You promised me you would go through with this wedding without another complaint, so now you’re coming up with a ludicrous story about magic from another world so you can run off into the forest and ruin our plans!” he yelled furiously.
    “Father no! that isn’t it!” I cried hurt by his distrust. “Call wizard hongki, he will tell you what he said himself!” I was frantic now, just wanting him to trust me. I was just trying to protect the kingdom like he asked of me!
    “Enough! I’m not going to listen to your attempts to disrupt today’s events. You will stay in your chambers the rest of the night until the engagement is announced!” he threw the doors open to the hall and whistled. I could hear foot steps and armor clanging as two guard hurried into the room. “Take her to her chambers, make sure she does not leave under any circumstances until I say otherwise.” the two armed guards gave their bows of respect to the king before shuffling over to me.
    “Princess.” one of them said holding his arm out for me to walk first. I looked at my dad one last time but he would look at me no longer. Sighing I stormed angrily from the room with the two guards following me.

OVERLAND.

    Daehyun stuck the key into the elevator and twisted. Nothing happened. He took it out and shoved it back in wiggling it around and again nothing happened. He was about to give up when the elevator gave a sudden jerk and started going up faster than normal. He grabbed onto the rails inside the elevator for support when the whole thing stopped suddenly making him stumble. Had he not been holding on he would have fallen. The doors opened onto a long hall with one door at the far end. There were no guards on the hall since you needed a key to get onto the floor.
    “That’s lucky.” he mumbled to himself as he hurried down the hall to the door. He stopped and listened inside trying to see what was going on. He could hear voices behind the door but beyond that there was no deciphering it. “Please be unlocked.” he whispered as he tried the door. No luck. He grabbed his hat off his head and reached inside pulling out a lock picking kit before tucking the hat back onto his head. Once he fidgeted with the knob a little it clicked and unlocked. Daehyun gave a little fist pump before he slid silently into the room.
    “Why isn’t it working yet!” a deep rumbling voice yelled. Daehyun could tell right away it was the leader yongguk. He had a deep voice that was unmistakable. It was like a thunder clap, and it was frightening even for daehyun. He’d met yongguk before, and he knew that the man was a frightening person.
    “Mian sir, it’s a delicate process…we’ll need a little more time.” there was a loud crashing sound making daehyun jump as he moved to get a look into the room.
    “Himchan!” yongguk yelled angrily.
    “Sorry, I didn’t want that kind of drink…zelo he’s fired take him away.” himchan said with a wave of his hand. Zelo looked to his boss yongguk for confirmation before doing what himchan said. “Yonggukkie! I’m tired when is this portal thing going to be finished.” himchan whined. Daehyun watched the scene in shock and confusion. Portal? What were they talking about.  Daehyun stared at the scene before him thinking these guys where lunatics, they weren’t just dangerous now they were mentally ill!
    “Shut up.” yongguk snapped. “Merlin, when is this going to be open! If you can’t get it to work I’ll find another banished wizard who can. I want to get to wonderland! Do you want to return to you realm or not!” yongguk cursed. Merlin? Wonderland! He was completely insane. Daehyun watched wide eyed as the man shook in yongguks grasp.
    “No! I’ll get it, I just need five more minutes.” the man pleaded. Yongguk smirked and shoved merlin away.
    “I knew we could have an understanding.” yongguk tucked his hands behind his back as he turned and started walking towards himchan. Daehyun ducked out of sight quickly.
    “Jongup, are you prepared? We’ll need your tracking skills when we get there.” yongguk said sternly to the boy.
    “Yes sir, I’m prepared. Our men are well prepared, we’ve got formidable weapons.” jongup said sternly.
    “You fool! Our weapons will not work in their realm, just as their’s will not work in ours.” zelo said coming back into view. “That is why we will only be using blades. Our guns are useless.”
    “I’m sorry, I was careless.” jongup said bowing to zelo.
    “Yongguk, why are we going there again?” himchan asked from his seated position.
    “Idiot.” yongguk cursed. “How any times do I have to tell you, their magic may not work here but the things it can create will. Wonderland kingdom has riches beyond our imaginations, they have water that sparkles with diamonds, they have the hand of mitus that with one touch everything can turn gold. We will be the richest people alive.” he said laughing with glee.
    “How are we planning to get these riches…they have magic we do not.” himchan said bitterly. “This is their realm…they know how to work it.” yongguk laughed.
    “That has already been taken care of. If we find the caterpillar, he can give us the powers we need to defeat the kingdom’s forces and we will take over. We’ll become the rulers of the realms of gothao!” he yelled ecstatic. Daehyun couldn’t believe his ears. These men thought they were goin gto be traveling to another world? How ludicrous was this!
    “it’s ready!’ merlin cheered jumping up.
    “Good…how does it work?” yongguk said coming over.
    “You didn’t think I would tell you that…it’s my only guarantee home.” merlin said laughing.
    “Telling me is your only guarantee to survive even in this plain…now tell me!’ yongguk yelled as he narrowed the gun at merlins head.
    “Spin the compass!” merlin cried out holding up his hands in defense.
    “Pabo.” yongguk said shoving the man aside. He knelt down where a golden object sat in the middle of the floor. He flipped it and it started spinning but nothing else happened. “What’s wrong…why isn’t it working.”
    “Give it time boss.” a smooth voice said. The whole room turned to look as g.dragon walked in. daehyun grit his teeth staring at the man he wanted to get at the most. “Look.” he said and pointed. That’s when it happened the compass lifted from the ground and started spinning around faster as it made a whistling sound.
    “Where’s the portal!” yongguk yelled over the sound as he backed away.
    “There!” merlin pointed when suddenly the side of the room disappeared. It didn’t disappear actually, more like it was ripped away. Daehyun gasped as he grabbed his hat holding it on his head from the force of the wind that was pulling at everything in the room.
    “Everyone’s got their coordinates!” yongguk yelled as he hurriedly pulled himchan to his feet.
    “Yes sir” everyone chorused.
    “Don’t drop your compass! Or who knows where you’ll land!” he screamed as he ran pulling himchan after him and jumped out the side of the building. Daehyun jumped up at that shocked as he watched one by one people running and jumping from the side of the building. Suddenly the things in the room started to pull towards the missing wall like something was vacuuming them in. including the boxes that were hiding daehyun. G. dragon was slowly approaching the side of the building when he stopped and looked back at daehyun.
    “Long time no see daehyun!” he yelled over to him. Daehyun took a couple steps forward to get to g dragon before he jumped. Where they committing mass suicide?
    “Face me g dragon!’ daehyun yelled furiously. g dragon lifted a hand pointing a long slender finger at daehyun before crooking it towards himself. And then he jumped off the side of the building. Daehyun ran full force towards the edge to grab g dragon but he narrowly missed him as the man fell. Below where the men had jumped was something daehyun couldn’t understand…he couldn’t believe he was even seeing it. There it was in the middle of the sky directly below the edge of the building a large whirling pool of smoke. It was dark purples and blacks and it was making a funnel to nowhere. Daehyun watched as g dragon fell into it a bright shining light crackled when he hit it then he was gone.
    “What the hell.” daehyun hissed.
    “Hyung aren’t you going?” daehyun jumped and looked over his shoulder to see jongup. The boy smirked and then ran towards daehyun shoving him roughly off the side of the roof. It must have been him about to die, or the adrenaline rushing through him at falling off the building, but he looked up to see jongup standing on the edge preparing to jump…and in the instant that he did…he looked like a white rabbit.