You're so Cute

The Stress of a Secret

Hey guys, this is it, Chapter 10. The last chapter. There are some general facts about this fic at the bottom if you want to check those out after reading. 

 

Chapter 10 (Epilogue) – You’re so Cute

 

“Mrs. Jung,” Hyuk exclaims in surprise after pulling open the door. It was late Thursday morning, they’d finished the filming for a variety show at five and had been given the rest of the day off. It was extremely rare that a member’s family came to the dorm, and only one of Leo’s sisters had ever shown up here before.

Surprise spreads through the room and Leo shoots to his feet. A number of emotions flitter across his face before he settles on confused. Ravi touches his arm to comfort him, but Leo doesn’t notice.

By now the group knew about everything Leo had been going through, including the situation with his family. They’d all agreed to keep it within the group, not even their manager knew.

“Is my son here?” Mrs. Jung asks.

Hyuk nods and lets her in.

“Mum,” Leo mutters as she enters the room.

He hasn’t seen her in two years and he’s suddenly reliving the fight he had with his father. Against his will his head drops and tears begin to flow. She rushes forward and brushes his hair from his face.

“Let’s wait in the other room,” N suggests.

He practically drags Ravi from the room and the others follow quietly.

“Why are you here?” Leo asks quietly when he’s calmed down.

“We want you to come home.”

Leo doesn’t understand in the slightest. “What do you mean?”

“We want you to come see us again, like you used to,” Mrs. Jung says simply.

“I…But dad…” Leo’s unsure of what words to use.

The fight he’d had with his father had been enormous. One of his sisters had slipped up when he’d visited for dinner and ended up telling their father that he was gay.

“We’ve changed his mind… and he misses you.”

Leo let’s his head fall back and takes a deep breath, torn over what to do. He misses his mother, he misses his sisters and their kids, and he even misses his father despite the hurtful words. His father’s words were words born from ignorance, and fear over what this would mean for his only son if it got out. He knew his father just wanted him to be happy and safe.

“I’ll think about it,” Leo finally says.

His mother looks a tiny bit disappointed but nods her understanding. “When… If you do come, is there someone you want to bring?”

Leo is so surprised by the question his mouth opens a little. “Someone I want to bring?” he asks when he recovers.

“Like a… boyfriend or something?”

“I-I… yeah,” Leo stutters.

The smile on his mother’s face makes him think that she’s genuinely happy for him and he feels himself smile back, cheeks slowly turning pink.

“There is,” he continues.

“Is it Ravi?”

Something in the bedroom falls over and Leo’s cheeks flame. “Yeah,” he whispers, biting his lip.

Mrs. Jung withholds a grin at her son’s awkwardness and instead asks. “Are you busy today?”

Leo shakes his head.

“Do you want to go get coffee?”

He hadn’t been allowed to have coffee for almost a month now, what with another comeback on its way. Leo nods eagerly and they start for the door.

“Are you coming, Ravi, or not?” Mrs.  Jung asks loudly.

The bedroom door opens and Ravi comes stumbling out, obviously having been pushed from the room. A number of ‘Ravi, fighting’s follow before the door slams shut again.

“Y-yeah,” Ravi says, gathering himself and fixing his shirt.

“Good, let’s go.”

Mrs. Jung leads the way from the apartment with Leo and Ravi following closely, fingers brushing every now and then as they walk together, and smiles on their lips. Ravi’s cheeks are bright red still as they enter the elevator and his nervousness is obvious.

Leo reaches up and fixes Ravi’s hair. “You’re so cute.”

 

 

Just want to thank everybody who read the whole thing. Some quick facts about this fic –

Originally this wasn’t a Wontaek fic, it was just about Leo coming out to the members one by one and them being understanding and supportive to varying degrees. (Then I wrote chapter 3 and everything was ruined…)

It was almost a Neo fic…

Also, the original title to this fic was ‘You’re so Cute’. Ravi calls Leo cute 7.5 times throughout.

The title original title inspired the epilogue, I wanted Leo to have a part in the cutefest, and also I was sad that I made him fight with his family.

I changed the title to reflect how overwhelming it can be to feel like maybe you’re not normal or that you’re a burden to everybody, this is why Leo is so prone to tears in this fic, because one little thing can set you off.

Originally only eight chapters.

Chapter five was written after chapter six. Hyuk is the only member to complain vocally about the kissing game, also he was being secretive during the radio interview about his new movie. I was kind of curious… So I wrote something for it and it turned out well and it slotted in well between chapters four and six.

Chapter six was originally ‘the break’ and they went overseas somewhere (but they still spoke Korean?????) and play rock paper scissors to assign beds (why???) and they go to a club (because the club is owned by the resort they’re staying at????) and Leo and a bartender hit it off(???????) and the other members find out (Hongbin doesn’t take it well at all)……I had a lot of trouble getting motivated to write with this chapter, so I scrapped it. It’s still sitting there but I can’t even look at it.

Anyway, thanks for reading and for the support.