u lil

something kinda crazy

 

With a grin as wide as the Han River, he stretches out his arms and breathes in fresh air. “Finally.” he says, his grin growing impossibly wider. After a year and nine months, he is finally discharged from the military. The experience is not exactly a bad one. Though he never admitted it to any one of his army friends, he misses his parents tremendously and wants to see them as soon as possible. Maybe he would give them a hug, or two, or a lot.

“Changminah!” He brings his hands down to his sides and watches as a fellow soldier runs up to him.

“Siwon—“

“Hey listen, I want to see you again, okay? I’ll be waiting for your call. Bye!”

It all happened so fast. One minute he is just waiting for what Siwon has to say and the next minute, he feels chapped lips pressed against his cheek and a piece of paper ed into his hand.

“The just happened…” he mumbles to no one in particular as he watches Siwon’s retreating back in awe. Admittedly, he has always found him attractive but the feelings never really intensified for him to do anything about it. He is too engrossed in his thoughts that he doesn’t notice a figure approaching him from behind. Only when he is attacked in a bear hug does he snap out of his trance. “Mother of go–”

“I’m no mother but I most definitely am your father.” He turns around abruptly at the familiar voice and envelopes the newcomer in a rather tight hug. “Can’t breathe…” his father, Jaejoong, chokes out.

He finally breaks the hug and grins at his beaming parent. “Papa! I missed you!”

Jaejoong grins at the words of affection and pats Changmin’s cheek. “I did too, darling. How was military life?” The older man helps him with his things, grabbing his suitcase and pulls it with him as they walk to the exit.

“It’s cool for the most part. I just didn’t particularly like the curfews. Papa give that to me. That’s heavier than this,” Changmin points to the duffel bag on his shoulder, then tries to snatch his suitcase from Jaejoong but to no avail.

“Changmin, I am very much capable of dragging heavy things so shush and hurry up. Your dada is waiting at home.”

He sighs. He can never win against his father.

“Why is dada not with you anyway?” he asks. He hasn’t noticed his other father’s absence until Jaejoong mentioned it.

Jaejoong sighs. “The idiot sprained his ankle.”

“Isn’t he too old to be spraining it?”

“That’s what I told him!” His father answers with a chuckle. “He was bringing up the cake for your homecoming and tripped on the stairs. He could have used the elevator but no! The fool sa—”

Changmin chuckles and puts an arm around his irate father, pulling him closer. “Slow down there daddy yo. Your blood pressure might shoot up and we don’t want that happening, don’t we?”

“I suppose not.”

He glances at Jaejoong and grins. Surely, he is going to witness endless bickering when he gets home but that’s alright, because with him back in the house, he is going to cause more riot than ever. And his parents better be ready for it.





Shutting the trunk lid shut, Changmin looks at Jaejoong who is already inside the car, waiting while on the phone with his other father. He jumps a few times, clears his throat and breaks into a run as he screams, “Papa! Papa they’re following me! Papa!” He pulls the car door open, still scream. “Papa they’re after me!”

Out of sheer shock, Jaejoong drops the phone in hand and is unable to insert the car key into the ignition all the while asking Changmin in a panicky tone, “Who? Who’s after you?!”

“The bee.”

“The bee—” Realisation dawns upon him and he throws the key on Changmin’s lap in irritation. “Stop playing Jung Changmin!”

Changmin isn’t able to stop himself from bursting out in laughter. “But papa I love you.”

Oh yes, he definitely is back home.

Almost.





Changmin is the type to pull a prank on anyone, specially his parents. He does it out of entertainment and is more often than not the cause of their annoyance. Anger, even. But that’s alright, because he loves his parents dearly.

"Don't do anything to your dada. He's injured." Jaejoong warns sternly as he turns off the engine. Of course Changmin nods but they both know he doesn't mean it.

As soon as he steps foot inside the house, he is almost tackled on the ground by his overly enthusiastic father, Yunho. If it wasn't for Changmin's fast reflex, they would both be on the floor, Yunho probably wailing in excruciating pain and injuring himself for the second time.

"Good thing I missed you too, huh?" he replies with a grin as he escorts his father to the dining room where Jaejoong is setting up for their meal.

Lunch was fun, if he may say so. They mostly talked about his military life with both his parents throwing in their experiences back when they were in the army every once in a while. Changmin might have mentioned Siwon. Very briefly, if he remembers correctly. He really was not planning on telling them about the incident earlier but his excitement got the best of him. He was talking so fast he could barely filter the things he was saying. So to say, he is now compelled to take this Siwon dude home to meet his parents.





It takes him three days to call the number Siwon gave him. Frankly, he does not know what to say or why he is even calling him in the first place. Maybe Siwon does like him? He wouldn't have kissed him on the cheek if he didn't, right? If he doesn't like him in a romantic sense, then it must be something else. Surely, it means something.

"You kissed me because?" Well, that doesn't sound like hi at all, Changmin grouses silently. He grows some balls in a split second and does not follow it up with an "I'm kidding bro." A chuckle could be heard from the other line. He tries to control the urge to roll his eyes because it is a serious question that needs an equally serious answer. He tries again. "Dude, I'm serious. Why?"

"Because I want to take you out on a date and make you fall in love with me like I have fallen in love with you."

Changmin almost screams because that could actually give him a heart attack and a seizure at the same time. "I don't know if I should be happy you're this straightforward or I should hit you on the head because you didn't even prepare me for it." he grumbles, holding on to his phone tighter. "The least you could do is be gentle! I thought you were my friend, you dumdum." It might seem as if he's taking it very calmly, like it isn't a big deal, but deep inside he wants to explode with all the feelings he couldn't even explain.

"But we're friends."

It feels weird to be confessed to, but it feels weirder when it's your friend who confesses. He bites his lip because he doesn't know how to respond. An I like youwould have been easier to handle. He would still have time to sort his feelings out. Not much hard feelings when he rejects him because it's just a silly infatuation he would get over quickly. But no, Siwon is in love with him. And with how serious he sounds and the amount of emotion in his words, Changmin knows the guy is in too deep.

It is all too sudden. He does not know how or why it happened so he asks. Siwon promises to tell him everything over a cup of coffee on Saturday at two in the afternoon. He agrees, but right now, he needs his papa Jaejoong to calm him down.





"Papa we ran out of tissues! Pass me one please!" he screams from inside the bathroom, covering his mouth with a hand to prevent himself from laughing. The talk with Jaejoong last night helped him feel heaps better that now he's back in action while his parents are unaware, thinking that he is still battling with his emotions. He scoops up some melted chocolate in a bowl with two fingers and grins as Jaejoong slips his hand inside the door crack to pass him the tissue. "Thanks pops." he says, taking the tissue and making sure to graze his chocolate-coated fingers against Jaejoong's hand.

As soon as the door slams close, he hears his father screaming bloody murder.

He hides inside the bathroom for ten minutes to mentally prepare himself just in case Jaejoong jumps on him and makes him feel his wrath. Jaejoong doesn't, which is odd, because he usually smacks him on the arm while chasing him around the house. He looks to his left, then to his right, and sighs in relief when the coast is clear. Maybe he just isn't in the mood for his pranks. He'll just have to make it up to him with hug attacks he couldn't resist.





Sunday is laundry day and Jaejoong has instructed him to put all his dirty clothes in the hamper. He rummages his bag for his uniforms, pulling them out when an air horn falls off the floor. He picks it up and grins. It was the air horn he and a soldier friend stole from the army just because they felt like it. He has no use for it at first, but that is going to change.

Like a hunter in the night, he tiptoes out of his room to the living room where his unsuspecting target is lounging at.

Yunho is sprawled out on the couch watching some drama, his injured foot elevated with a few pillows. He is on stealth mode as he creeps up behind his father who is too engrossed at his show that he doesn't notice Changmin holding out the air horn right next to his ear and presses it. As expected, Yunho jumps in surprise. But what Changmin doesn't expect is him falling off the couch, landing on his injured foot.

When Yunho screams in agonizing pain and Jaejoong comes rushing from the laundry room in panic, Changmin knows he's screwed.





Busy browsing on his laptop, he looks up when Jaejoong barges in his bedroom with Yunho in tow. “Changmin! Siwon just dyed—”

He gasps audibly and sprints out of his bed to shake the smaller man. “Are you serious?!”

“—his hair brown.”

“What the f—”

“Payback ah!”

He could only gape at the guffawing pair of forty year olds exiting his room. Well, , they played him good.





 

x




this might just be a mess. im so sorry about that. i did enjoy writing this a little though :) i hope you enjoyed reading it, too. thanks for reading! if you spot anything wrong with the grammar or anything else, dont hesitate to tell me :)