Three.

Save Me.

“Actually, Jimin. Is it okay if we just stay in today?” Tears threaten your eyes and a lump catches in your throat. Looking up at him, he nods, giving you a half-smile.

 

---------------------------

 

“Wait… Are you serious?” Jimin paused, long enough for you to stare at him in an uncomfortable silence. “I just don’t understand how you could think that. _______, he hit you, almost twice! I don’t care if he was drunk or not, this is stupid!” It’s later that afternoon, after you told Jimin what happened last night and said you wanted to go home. His voice rose with frustration as he began to pace the living room in front of you, trying to convince you to stay.

Jimin, I’m sorry, I just don’t think it’s fair to throw away almost four years of this relationship for one small misunderstanding.” You defend, becoming frustrated yourself. “I know it’s bad, but—“

“S-small misunderstanding?” He stops to narrow his eyes at you, running his fingers through his hair and leaving his hands on the top of his head. “________, I’m saying this as your best friend. Do not forgive Jin so easily for this. Please.”

The argument went on for several minutes, back and forth between the two of you, only building up the electricity of your clashing points of view.

Pent up with the heat of the argument, you stand up, having enough. “You know Jimin, I thought it was just Jin that was being stubborn and jealous, but now I can see clearly that you’re just as bad as he is.” Tears begin to fall, you really shouldn’t be saying these things to him but you’re so exhausted and upset over everything. You can’t listen to Jimin rant any longer and the next words out of your mouth are regretful. He frowns at you, hoping you aren’t going to say it. “Why do you stick to me, Jimin? Why don’t you see other girls? Why do you just let yourself follow me?” You choke on tears, “You were hoping I’d leave Jin. You never did like me dating him, did you?”

Jimin’s face turns to surprise for a quick second before turning angry once more. “Yes, ________, I really was hoping someday you’d leave him.” This shocks you, not really know how to respond, you fall silent and he continues. “I hoped that you’d see that I was always right here for you, but I wasn’t about to sabotage your relationship for selfish gain. I’m telling you not to go back to Jin now not because I wish you were mine, but because I wish you weren’t his. I wish you didn’t even have to deal with what he did last night. I’m sick of waiting for him to mess up. It’s not right.”

You reach out to touch his shoulder, but he stops you, looking at you straight in the eye. Frustration turns to regret; seeing Jimin like this was something you hoped you’d never see. But now it was your fault. “I’m s-sorry Jimin….” You mutter, but he shakes his head.

“Stop. Please, just- just go home. I can’t be around you right now. I need to think and I can’t with you looking at me like that.” You stand up and head to the door. As you touch the handle, you shake your head, clearing some of the pride in your chest. “Jimin…” You whisper, beginning to cry once more. You quickly return to his side and grab his wrist, trying to pull him into a hug.

 “_______, listen to me, please!” He shoves you off of him, hitting your bruises. You yelp in pain and back away from him. Pity flashes in his eyes for a split second before turning into a serious façade. “Please, just leave. Leave!” He raises his voice, cracking as his emotions got to him.

You narrow your eyes in rage, not liking this side of your friend. A swift hand finds the side of his face with a loud smack. Jimin looks at you in complete surprise and without another word, you hold your hurt shoulders and disappear from his apartment.

Just as the door closes, you hear a frustrated yell and the sound of Jimin, sobbing.

-

You angrily enter your apartment, running your hands through your hair to relieve some of the feeling in your chest, to no avail. Jimin had you in knots and it wasn’t going to let up any time soon.

The place was a mess from Jin’s outrage the night before, pillows and blankets thrown around the room and chairs askew in the kitchen.

“_______?” A shaky voice calls from the hallway, stopping you in your tracks. You had almost forgot he was home. Or at least, you were hoping he’d gone to work.

Jin rounds the corner and timidly approaches you. “_______, I’m so sorry… I’ll never drink again, I can’t imagine what things I said or did last night, but I’m so sorry...” Your boyfriend held your gaze, those brown eyes you’d fallen for years ago now red and puffy with tears and his beautiful face was sallow and grey. It made you look away. You didn’t want to see Jin like this, not even if you were hurt so bad.

He sighed and placed his hands on your shoulders and when you flinched, he removed them quickly and pulled down the sweatshirt. Examining the purple spots on your arm, he apologized over and over, leaning in to kiss the wounds. “I did this, didn’t I?” You nod, still not looking at him.

Jinnie, it’s okay. Let’s just sit down or something. I’m a bit tired.” You say, even though you wanted to be alone at the moment, you knew you had to calm him down before you even thought of that.

“Jagiya, I love you. I love you so much. Please forgive me.” He pleaded, letting you lead him to the couch. You put on a kid’s movie in silence and sat next to him, curling into a ball. Jin’s soft hands lightly leaned you into him and you sighed, getting comfortable against his chest.

“I love you, Jin.” You finally reply, bringing a small smile to his lips. You felt him kiss your head several times before you ended up falling asleep in his lap, stomach still uneasy about the boy across the hall. 

 

 ------------------------------

 

Surprised? What's going to happen next?~

Chapter 4 will be up soon!

&& Would you guys like alternate endings? I have a couple written out~

Saranghaeyo~

~Nuna