Girls' Day Out

Little Drama Queen (The Distance Grievances Shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

 

I look at my twin daughters as they keep on eating their breakfast cutely. Min is humming a tune that she probably played last time while Rin is munching on her bread. I cut the sausages into pieces before feeding them each of it as I eat a piece as well. They hair are still messy because they haven’t take a bath yet and instead, jump to have breakfast first. Finally noticing the unusual absence of the two men we all love dearly, Rin decided to ask…

 

“Mommy, where is Daddy? And is Oppa still sleeping?”

 

“Oppa is lazy…sleepy head!” Min quickly remarks, making me chuckle as to how she views her brother. “And Jin Oppa is noisy… and grumpy… and he eats a lot!”

 

“When he will wake up?” Rin questions again. “Is Daddy busy in the office?”

 

“Aigoo… Your Daddy and Oppa just left a while ago. I think they need to attend some important event because they were all dressed up.” I try to explain.

 

“What? Daddy tagged Oppa along? Unfair!” Rin’s tone is filled with envy.

 

“Where are they going? I thought children aren’t allowed in formal events? Why Daddy brought Jin Oppa with him?” Min too, is quite disappointed.

 

“I got it!” Rin stands up from her chair. “Daddy doesn’t love us anymore! He only loves Jin Oppa! Just like Kyung! Kyung’s Daddy loves him but Yoni’s Daddy doesn’t love her!” she started throwing tantrums.

 

‘Yoni again…’ I can’t help but grimace. Min weirdly looks at her twin sister before munching her pancake. “Rin? Who is Kyung? And who is Yoni? Do we have new friends?”

 

“Yoni is the girl in the TV! Her Daddy doesn’t love her and her Mommy is sleeping.” Rin patiently explains to her sister.

 

“How about Kyung?” Min tilted her head.

 

“Kyung is the bad boy who keeps on teasing Yoni! He’s just jealous because Yoni runs faster than him!” Rin chirps in again.

 

“That’s enough, you two. Finish your breakfast first before anything else. We will go shopping today since Daddy and Oppa left us alone here. So make sure to eat a lot because Rin, Min and Mommy will have looottss of places to visit, is that okay?” I bargain, hoping that the two will be excited and forget that Yoni girl.

 

“Yes! Yes! Let’s go to Lotte world!” as expected, Min’s focus was immediately caught. However…

 

“What about Oppa and Daddy? Won’t they accompany us? Just like Yoni’s Daddy…” Rin, the ever dramatic daughter of mine, keeps on thinking.

 

“Aigoo… Mommy is getting jealous already. Seems like my Rin loves Daddy more than Mommy. And you keep on mentioning Yoni… Mommy is getting jealous of her too.” I pretend to sulk, hoping that Rin will be alarm.

 

“No Mommy! Rin loves Mommy a lot!” Thank God, Rin quickly reacted. “Min loves Mommy too, right?” she asks her twin sister.

 

Min nods. “Just like this!” and she spread her arms.

 

“Me too!” and Rin too, extended her arms. “Super love!”

 

I chuckle at the two as they keep on proving me how much they love their Mommy…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Third Person’s POV

 

 

On the other hand…

 

 

 

The Kwon rascal can’t stop smirking on his place as he watches how the guy shifted due to his Daddy’s burning glare. Channel M’s most sought actor who goes by the name Song Mino scratches his head in confusion. Obviously, he knows the identity of the man beside him and being one of the most powerful men in Korea makes the actor squirm under his scrutinizing gaze. What made it more complicated is the fact that they are sharing the narrow space of the M Building’s elevator as of the moment and he can’t do anything to avoid the man. ‘God! I should have just took the stairway! I’m sorry for being such an idiot!’ Mino curses in his head.

 

Today, Mino has to make an appearance in the CEO’s office after his recent drama becomes a huge hit all over South Korea. True enough, his series entitles, Irreplaceable’ becomes a household name after he plays the role of a cold-hearted father that keeps on ignoring his daughter after blaming her with the current state of the health of his wife. The poor baby girl, Yoni, played by the new rising child star Choo Sarang, gained the sympathy of all the viewers after the show displayed how hurt she is whenever her father pays no attention to her. ‘I think my acting as a jerk father is effective! What can I do? I’m not Mino the man for nothing!’ He mentally laughs as he remember how his mother almost threw a lampshade on his face after watching yesterday’s episode. ‘Aigoo! Elders nowadays get hook easily on those fictional stories. But thanks to them, I can say that my acting is superb! Should I win an award by the end of the year? Hul! I think the CEO should give me a raise for this!’

 

Floor 78…

 

Floor 79…

 

Floor 80…

 

Ding!

 

At last, he reaches his destination. Mino’s mind become at ease for finally, he can now escape the presence of Korea’s most successful businessman… Kwon Jiyong. He knows him for the reason that he’s the one who insisted to use the infamous name in the series. Mino’s mother used to work in one of their empires and she admired the man so much. That’s the main reason why his mother almost hit him with a lamp. According to her, he was just dirtying the good man’s name with his evil character.

 

‘But anyway, I am the sole Kwon Jiyong in the eyes of the netizens and viewers! Hah!’ his ego silently celebrates whenever he remember his character in the series. ‘That weird businessman should thank me for I made his name popular not only to the common people but to the KPOP Populations as well! I am the best actor anyway…’ He even smirk as he walks with confidence and swag. Unfortunately, his mind was too preoccupied with his gigantic ego that he failed to notice the slight slump on the carpeted floor. He just found himself, face first, on the hardness of the solid surface. Thanks to the red carpet, it doesn’t produce scrapes on his ‘handsome’ look. Apparently, he can still audibly hear the remark of the person, or rather, people behind him who are also on their way to the President’s office.

 

“Stupid!” Whether it was said by the father or the son, he’s not sure anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

                                       

 

 

 

“What a pleasant surprise Mr. Kwon!” Mr. Mah, Channel M’s CEO, enthusiastically welcomes the visitation of an unexpected VIP, completely ignoring the grouchy look of his top artist. “And you too, Little Kwon!” he waves his hand to Jin. 

 

As expected, the Young Kwon wasn’t happy that he has been labelled as Little Kwon by a ‘Nugu’. “Excuse me but please don’t call me Little Kwon. It’s too informal.”

 

The CEO is taken a back with the seriousness and strict personality of the Young Kwon. He fumbles a bit over his files on the table before gaining his composure back. Jiyong stifles a laugh when he observes how he got intimidated over the aura of his eldest child. “W...Well, I’m sorry for that Mr. Kwon.” He addresses Jin properly this time, earning an approval look from the youngest visitor.

 

“So… aren’t you going to offer us a sit?” Jiyong raises his eye brow, overwhelming the old man with his presence even more.

 

“P..Please sit! Please…please sit down” he pointed at the white couch where the cranky Mino is sitting at. “Yah Song Mino! Vacate the couch now! What are you doing here anyway???”

 

“But Sajangnimm? You called for me this morning. You told me that we will discuss something about my future movie?”

 

Jiyong cleared his throat, interrupting the bickering men. “Can we be more serious here? Both of you are stealing my time.” He roars in frustrations.

 

“Daddy, I think they don’t like us here… maybe they want us to leave. Tsk! What a waste of Daddy’s precious time…” Jin adds oil to the fire before smirking when he sees the alarmed face of Mr. Mah.

 

“No! Of course not! Ahh, I’m sorry Mr. Kwon, please forgive my manner. Don’t mind the stupid guy here, he’s just exhausted from the previous taping. Shall we discuss your concern over the Board Room?” Mr. Mah ushers his visitors out of his office. He was about to kick Mino out of the office too…if not only for the fact that the Mighty ‘Little’ Kwon wants him to be present in the meeting too…

 

“He should be there Daddy!” Jin pinpoints the actor, much to the CEO’s surprise.

 

“Ahh… errr… are you sure, you wanted this guy over?” Mr. Mah is hesitant, pointing at Mino’s dumb face.

 

“Don’t make me repeat what my son had ordered.” Jiyong frostily said.

 

“Song Mino! Get your lazy bum inside the Board Room!” Mr. Mah roars to the poor guy.

 

Amidst to all the scenes, there was a particular person that caught the eyes of Kwon Young Jin…

 

‘Who is that doll-eye girl?’ he frowns when he spot again a woman who seems eavesdropping to the conversation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaerin giggles as she observes how the twins got excited over choosing dresses. Today, she decided to treat the girls with new outfits as she brings them to her favorite shopping mall… the one which Jiyong fortunately owns as well. She glances at her wrist watch and pouts. It’s already 11:30 AM and she doesn’t received any call from her husband yet. ‘It’s supposed to be our day but they aren’t around. What could be more important than our family lunch out? That guy is dead once I see him!’

 

“Mommy… is this one looks nice to me?” Min shows Chaerin her pink dress. She couldn’t help but smile seeing how cute her Princess could get. “You look pretty, My Baby…”

 

“Thank you!” and she twirls around to show off her outfit even more.

 

“Mommy, look!” this time, it is Rin’s turn to impress her mother. She parades her furry coat that reaches her knees and strikes a pose in front of Chaerin. “I think I can use this for our upcoming vacation in US!”

 

“Sounds good!” Chaerin claps her hand, happy that her kids are having a good time. “So, shall we get a hair and nail treatments after this?” she teases the cute twins as their eyes sparkle upon hearing the next stop of their whole day activity.

 

“Nail art! Mommy, let’s go! I want butterflies!” Rin jumps immediately.

 

“Me, I want ribbons!” Min clasps her hands as if she’s praying. “Mommy, come on now! Let’s go…”

 

“Aigoo… sure lovely girls. But let me check up on your Daddy and Oppa, okay? I’ll just call them so that we will know if they will join us for lunch or not.” She smiles at the girls who gave their thumbs up for her idea.

 

“Okay, Mommy!” Rin said.

 

“Okay Mommy!” and Min copied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

“No, I’m serious Mr. Mah. This is getting crazy. I wanted it to be removed from the daytime programming.” Jiyong insists to the now sweating CEO.

 

“But Mr. Kwon, we cannot do that! There will be a lot of viewers who will complain once we change the time slot of the program…”

 

“Yes, and I think that’s unfair! Hello? You are fussing about the name of my character just because we used Kwon Jiyong??? I’m sorry but I think there are lots of commoners out there who goes by that name!” Mino stubbornly added. “Come on, you aren’t the only Kwon Jiyong in this world.”

 

“Stupid.” Jin remarks again.

 

“And who are you calling stupid?” Mino is bewildered by the child’s comment.

 

“You.” Jin straightforwardly said.

 

“Yah! I am your Hyung! You should respect me!” Mino childishly complains again.

 

“For your information, only the Kwon clan uses that surname… so I am pretty sure that we are the only Kwons around, and I’ve never heard any of my Daddy’s second cousins uses Jiyong as their first name…” Jin scoffs as Jiyong smirks.

 

Mino falls silent with Jin’s reason. ‘Damn! This child is abnormal! How could he be sure that his Daddy is the sole Kwon Jiyong alive?’

 

“Ahh, I think there are still possibilities that some men around South Korea uses that name.” Mr. Mah tries to rectify the situation by supporting Mino’s theory. “You see, the nation is quite big…hahaha…ha.ha.ha…”

 

“True! Sajangnim, you are so genius! Besides, I’ve already known some Idols who uses Kwon as their Surname!” Mino nods his head. He grins as wide as he can, thinking that he successfully shuts the Young Kwon up.

 

“Like who?” Jiyong uninterestedly asks, for he already predicts who will be the top mentions…

 

“Kwon BoA.” Mino chirps in.

 

“That’s my Auntie. She’s Daddy cousin in second degree…” Jin yawns.

 

“Kwon Yuri?” Mino tries again.

 

“She’s Auntie Boa’s younger sister… that means, she too, is my Auntie.”

 

“Really? I never knew that they are related!” Mr. Mah in as he deeply thinks.

 

Mino sweats for he’s running out of names already. “K…Kwon…Sang Woo?” he shut his eyes hard.

 

“He’s the adopted son of Grandpa June… Grandpa June is the youngest brother of my late grandfather from paternal side…” Jin finishes Mino off.

 

Mino sniffs in defeat. “K..Kwon…Kwon…So Hyun? Kwon Mina? Kwon Yul? Ahh…errr… ahh… there are lot more! Wait…ahmm… Kwon…Kwon…” he tries to think some more but his brain seems to stop from functioning now.

 

“Nonsense… You’ve just almost mentioned all the Clan members who are involve in Entertainment Industry. Why not recite those who partake in Politics? I will be even more impress if you will mention those who belong to Mafia World.” Jin snickers. Jiyong almost roll on the floor laughing at Jin’s open statement. True enough, his father indeed had some half-brothers who inherit the Mafia Throne. The surname itself screams its meaning as Authority or Power. However, when it comes to Business World, Jiyong’s father emerges on the top spot. Now, seems like his son inherit the mindset and the gut to always be on top.

 

Mino coughs and turns white upon hearing the Mafia term.

 

“You shouldn’t made fun of our Clan…” Jiyong dangerously stated.

 

Just when the two men thought that they will be fried alive already, here comes the woman who causes the whole mess to start.

 

“Good morning Sajangnimm!”

 

“Ms. Diana!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the posh treatment, Chaerin brings th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter