Men In Black

Little Drama Queen (The Distance Grievances Shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person’s POV

 

Chaerin looks worriedly at her daughter. It’s Saturday again and the kids are on their usual mode, with Jin reading and calculating tax rates this time, Min hitting her mini drum sets and Rin… err….Rin watching television again. However, unlike these past few weeks, Rin’s energy seems to run out this time. She doesn’t copy those Kpop idols’ dance move anymore, she doesn’t laugh at the corny jokes of those MCs she used to find hilarious… she just… becomes unexpectedly quiet…

 

…and a lot more sensitive.

 

Her teacher called her the other day, telling that Rin becomes quiet at school too, and just keeps on looking at her tablet. When she asked her about it, she started sobbing and keeps on shaking her head. She also mumbled something like ‘Mommy might fall asleep for longer time’ and ‘I should behave more so Mommy won’t leave’.

 

‘Where does she think I’m going???’ Chaerin thought.

 

 

Changeul neomeo on barameul ddara
Jigeum Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah
Singing Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

 

 

The song airing right now is quiet catchy, but Rin just looks at it as if she’s bored. She doesn’t even nod her head to go with the rhythm unlike the previous time when she was watching M Countdown.

 

“How come??!” Jin’s voice suddenly catch Chaerin’s attention. She could see that her son is getting frustrated again. “Aish! I can’t focus, that’s why I got it wrong…” he stands up and saunters towards the television. “Hey Piglet! Since you don’t like the program, let’s just shut it down for a moment okay? Oppa is just…”

 

Chaerin’s eyes widen when she saw how Jin gulps… right after Rin shoots him with her deadly stares. It’s as if the young princess of Kwon Manor is sending eye-warning to her older brother how he will die if he continue pushing the television’s button off.

 

And the fact that KWON YOUNGJIN shut his mouth up just by one stare coming from his sister is enough to seize how serious the situation is. Slowly, Jin raises up his hands and mumbles an apology, a gesture that surprises his Mommy. He walks away and sits quietly to his spot a while ago.

 

‘Okay, this is serious than I thought it is…’ Chaerin bites her lower lip. Jiyong is busy reading documents at his office upstairs, that’s why he can’t help her handling the kids. She gazes at Rin who suddenly becomes excited when program ended.

 

Rin picks up the remote and increases the volume. Soon enough, a heavy drama replaces the music program, drawing in the attention of her little daughter. Jin seems annoyed again because of the high volume so he stands up and goes to his room.

 

“Chae Baby?” a sudden voice from upstairs caught Chaerin's attention. True enough, Jiyong waves his hand and asks her to come over. “I need to tell you something.”

 

“Okay Oppa… Just a minute.” She glances at her daughter, who seems glued to the program, and started ascending the stairs.

 

 

Bad decision…

 

 

Because when she returns to the living room, she’s more than shock to see how daughter is crying her eyes out.

 

“What happened???”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rin’s POV

 

 

‘Yah! Why did you leave?’

 

‘Daddy wants me go…’

 

‘And where were you going? Do you have any idea what could happen? What if a car runs over you?  Don’t be stupid will you?!’

 

‘I wanted to go… to see Grandma...’

 

‘By yourself? You’re really something.’

 

‘I need Grandma’s hugs.’

 

 

I hug myself and sob while watching the television. Yoni’s Daddy is really bad! I hate him! He’s far from my Daddy. My Daddy loves me so much. He never shout at me nor ignore me like Yoni’s Daddy. Today’s episode of my favorite mini-drama is all about Yoni being lost after that ugly woman sends her out. Her Daddy doesn’t care because her Daddy doesn’t love her! He’s so mean! I’m gonna tell my Daddy about it! It’s bad that she doesn’t have a Mommy but it’s worse if her Daddy doesn’t love her.

 

 

The scene shifts to their house. Yoni is crying because she made her Daddy angry again. To my surprise, her Daddy embraces her and tells that she shouldn’t leave again. ‘Is he even serious? As if he likes Yoni! He should be send to jail because he’s lying! My Daddy said liars are also cheaters… and all cheaters should be send to jail!’

 

Tears streak down on my face. ‘What if… what if Daddy treats me coldly too? What if Mommy falls asleep for a long time because of me? Will Daddy be angry at Rin?’

 

I sob at my little palm, “Maybe, they will hate me if I let Mommy sleep too…” That’s the reason why Yoni’s Daddy doesn’t love her… because she let her Mommy lies on the bed and forget to wake her up.

 

Then an idea struck me, “I must not let Mommy sleep!”
 

And that's when Mommy catches me off-guard. "What happened?" I almost jump when she shrieks. Mommy suddenly looks tired and sleepy. But she wasn't like that when she left me. Her hair becomes messy and she slighly sweats. 'Is she sick too? Aigoo! Mommy must not sleep...'

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

It’s a Saturday! It’s supposed to be a fun day, not only for the kids but for me as well! Saturday is Kwon Jiyong’s day. Chaerin promises that she will give ALL her Saturday night to me because Saturday morning is for the children. That means, I will have her for myself ALONE! But why the heck does my Little Rin placing herself in between us? ‘What did I do wrong? How come I deserve this? Is it because I tried to snatch their Mommy this afternoon? Aigoo! Damn urges! I swear I’m gonna behave and won’t persuade Chaerin to have a quickie in my office again during children’ time… just please, let me have my wife during MY time!’

 

“Mommy, listen to me… don’t sleep on Rin…” she pouts when Chaerin’s eyes close as she yawns repeatedly.

 

“But Mommy is tired now. Mommy is sooo sleepy! You should sleep too…” her mother gently said.

 

“NO! Mommy shouldn’t sleep. I won’t let Mommy sleep on me, just like what Yoni did!” she exclaims, surprising the two of us.

 

“Yoni? Who’s Yoni???” I in, out of pure shock.

 

“Yoni is the girl I pity so much! Her Mommy is sleeping because of her… and her Daddy hates her so much! Daddy, can we just adopt Yoni?” she suggested, and apparently, it’s clear to us how she took pities of the child so much. ‘Aigoo…’

 

I gently pat her head, “Baby, it’s not in our control if your friend’s suffering from her irresponsible father but do you want me to talk to him? And by the way, you said her Mommy is sleeping for a long time now? Is it the reason why you don’t want Mommy to sleep?”

 

She nods her head cutely. “And you might hate me too because I let Mommy falls asleep…” she slowly tears up and I gently hugs her.

 

“Maybe something bad happen to her Mommy that’s why she fell asleep… but that’s not your friend’s fault…” Chaerin kisses her cheek. “So don’t worry okay? Even when Mommy sleeps, she will still wake up after…”

 

“Really? But can we just adopt her? So that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter