Four Men Of My Life.

The Door To My Heart.

 

"Aigoo eomma! Can you stop doing this to me? I'm not even ready yet.I've just finished my study so please let me enjoy first.." I whined while jutting out my lips in disagrement. "Only then I'll think about all those dating crap alright? .." I try to persuade her again for the million times of the day.

 "No way... That's not how things work.. Yura.. You're my only daughter so you should know by now that everything  I do is for you.So please trust me in this one.. This time, I'm sure that you'd agree with my choice.Trust me.Once you're married you'll thanks me. " She replies to me totally ignoring my plea.

I roll my eyes at the drama. There she goes.. Using the guilty card on me. Heh,not that it works anyway... She has been doing this for a few times already.  I won't be fooled again.. "But eomma you're being unfair! Why do it have to be only me..Even oppa himself hasn't got any girlfriend yet.Heck! He's not even dating anyone! But why do you only goes fret over me?" I try to reason out 

I can sense that she's growing impatient by my annoying whine.. Just when I'm about to speak up again, the line suddenly goes beet. WAIT!! DID SHE JUST HANG UP ON ME?! I sigh helplessly.Another blind date with a strange dude. Sometimes I wonder what's going in my mom's head.. She seems more than willing to let her daughter going around meeting a random strangers. I mean what if he's a bad guy?!  I bite my lips to suppress my anger.

It has been the fifth date so far and all of them are horrible I'm telling you! It's not only failures but also irritating. Eomma gives me the experiences that I would never forget.

Maybe, just maybe, one day,when I'm really getting married, I'll remember this experience and able to laugh at this silly set up with my husband and live happily ever after.. And at that time.. I'd be crying my hearts out.. Feeling happy and grateful to her. Huh... I guess..  I'll just have to wait till that miraculous day to come.

Right now, I'm in a restaurant, waiting for my date.Glancing at the ticking clock on the wall from time to time, my heart is beating restlessly. I take a deep breath to calm down my nerve although I'm not sure if it works. The other guest at the restaurant are enjoying their meal in this romantic ambience with their family,friends and lovers while i just sit there, without any clue about who's my date, what does he looks like, what does he do for living or even what's his name.. I my lips in anxiety.. What if he sees me but decided to leave because he find me to be ugly?! No,no.. Chill..Yura.chill..I stir the juice and drink it.This nervous feeling.I hate it so much.Nervous of getting to meet someone you didn't know while wondering if he's the one.

While I'm trying to think of a way to escape from my mom's crazy plan, my phone suddenly started to ring. I rummage my hands through my bag and pick up the phone. "Who are you and what do you want from me?"

 “Aigoo granny, there's no need to be all grumpy.. it's me Kyungsoo.When are you going to save my number? It's been a week. I'm beginning to doubt my decision to be your bestfriend" he teases me on the other side of the line. Well, it's his fault not mine. He always change his phone number and I'm just too lazy too care.

 “Be patient kiddo. I'll save it later.besides it's not that important anyway"  I can hear him fake a gasp on the side of the phone.  “Tch. Mean.. Anyway where are you? "

I clear my throat at the question. Oh gosh.. How do I explain this to him? This is so embarrassing. I've never been fond of talking to him about this dating game eventhough he never play jokes on me about it (well honestly Kyungsoo never good at playing jokes with me.He's so boring afterall. But he's good in other way).I lower my voice to make sure there's nobody listening to me.

 "It's the dating game again! Eomma set me up with a stranger who she claims to be the perfect suit for me.Ahhh jinjja..who the hell created that game anyway? " I tell him grumpily.

Kyungsoo laughs at the other end. Not that I mind it though.. I mean.. Kyungsoo's kinda cute when he laugh if you ask me.. But no, don't get me wrong.I'm not into him or something. He's always been a good friend to me who always be there for me whenever I need him. That's why I like to be his friend. “Think positive, Yura Your mom's doing this for you because she wants to see her daughter get married so you can't blame her for doing this. Well..at least you have dating experience. I don't."

 “But Soo, it's been the fifth times already and I'm getting tired of all this.I don't even know who's that guy.It could be a punk with a bad breath like the previous time again.Worst, he could be a ert. And by the way it's not my fault if you're not dating anyone.I've always tried to help you.You are the one who rejected all of them. I mean come on..you got the looks and you're a great guy.You can get any girls that you want to if you make an effort. I don't even know what are you waiting for. Eventhough I hate to say this but it's true.. So please~~~ for once.. Try to go on a date. Besides.. It's impossible for you not to have a crush on a girl. Except..well at least if you're a gay that is.  But the point is, I know you're not so can you please be normal for once and say yes to a date?" I babble on and on.

 Kyungsoo heave a deep sigh before he chuckles. “Yah ahjumma.. you're talking too much.Stop talking or else you're the one who will be having that bad breath.Pity that guy whoever he is.Good luck by the way.I'm hanging up! " He ignores my lengthy message.

  “Yah.. " I stare at the screen pitifully.

He hang up.Haishh jinjja! He's always like that. Calling me then abruptedly hanging up on me and leave me by myself . Why's he so sensitive about girl's topic anyway?! Is he really a gay or what? If it's true... Then I guess.. I'll have to support him no matter what.. Might as well find him a great guy. I keep the phone back in my handbag or should I say, my mom's.This Prada handbag is too fancy for me anyway.I'd prefer the kind of MCM bags.Simple and nice.It looks cute on me by the way.

And this flowery dress.The only girlish attire that I own since I'm in high school.My dad gave it to me a year before he passed away. I've always treasure it ever since.It's not that I'm a tomboy or something, it just that I love wearing jeans with a simpleT-shirt.FYI, I am normal ok? I've quite a generous amount of dating experiences. Besides, I have a long hair and a pink spectacles. Aren't that girlish enough? No? Well then nevermind, so long as people knew I'm a girl.. It's fine by me.

 "Uhm..Kim Yura ssi? " An uncertain voice greets me.I look up to find a tall handsome man staring down at me.. Gaaadd.. This time eomma did great job.. I have to admit.  Now this is what we called JACKPOT!! “Oh yes, that's me. It's nice meeting you" I speak up shyly.

 "May i have a sit? " Gosh!! What a deep y voice. And thank god!! he doesn't have any bad breath problem! Omo omo omo! What a day!  Fair skin, nice manner, perfect height and cute pointed nose.. I'm more than willing to marry him right now.. In this very place in front of everyone.

 "Sure, have a sit."He pulls out the chair and occupy the empty seat. "Have you ordered? Sorry for keep you waiting." He looks at me guiltily. Awwww~~~ would you look at him.. He's sorry for me.. How sweet. It's okay baby.. I'd wait another million years if I have to if it's for you.

 "Nah.. I'm fine. Besides, I already had two glass of coke.Now it's your turn.I'm afraid that i have to stop ordering though or else i might turn into a bloated goldfish. Doesn't look too nice is it? I wanna look good in front of you." I joke to ease the awkwardness.

 The guy laughs at my words.Oh my.. Even his laugh sounds so heavenly in my ears. Oh right ,speaking of him.. I forget to ask eomma for his name. “You are so funny.So different from the chat that we had before.You know, i've always thought you're some kind of an innocent girl."

I laugh awkwardly at the statement.. Aigoo.. that's not me but my mom.. She's the one who has been controlling that thing.I don't even know anything.How's she able to squeeze in some time to chat with all those weird guys anyway? Uhmmm.. Should I be honest about it? They say honesty is the beat policy right? 

 Naaaahh... I should just go with the flow and sprout some lie when I need to. "Sorry.Does it makes you feel uncomfortable?"

 "Nope.. I'm cool about it. No need to worry . Besides, I like it better this way. It makes me feels closer to you" he shrugged it off coolly. As expected from my hubby.  He's understanding. Maybe this time I should really thanks eomma.

 But there's just one more problem. I don't know my hubby's name. So what should I call him? “Emm.. How should I address you? "

 "Eh? Just call me Sehun like always.People call me that. I thought I've told you. Don't you remember? " He raises his eyebrows. Oh ! He's doubting me. I need to do something! Ergh! Silly me.

 "Ahh Sehun. Now i remember.Sorry,I'm a forgetful person." I fibbed again. “Oh ok. So,what would you like eat? You've been drinking all this time.I'm sure you're starving.Come on,I'll treat you." He scans through the menu before staring at me.

 Treat? Wuuuuaaa... This kind of people's my favourite. Jinjja daebak! Free meal!!!

 

***

 "He's so perfect.Luckily I get it right this time.The last time's such a nightmare.I have to lie to that dude, saying that I'm actually a lesbian therefore I can't accept his heart which later cause me a public humiliation when he started to cry a river and went on his knees..That's why I hate to break people's heart.It's ruthless"

 Kyungsoo smiles. As always,not saying much “Congrats,it's good if you've met the right guy.  I'm happy for you. But still, don't make a rash decision. Get to know him first before you move on to another phase with him."

  “Thanks buddy, but emm..can I ask you something? But first promise me you won't be mad" I fidget with the hem of my dress.

  “Go on.What is it?"

  “Are you really a gay? "

  “Yahh!! Are you crazy? What kind of question is this.Why would you ask things like that? Do I look like a gay to you?!" He raises his voice at me.

  I smile broadly showing him my teeth. Actually I like it when Kyungsoo's mad like this because it makes him look more humane. No,what I'm trying to say is.. Of course I know, he's a normal human.. It just that he always look emotionless, like he got no feelings you know? Even when he laughs (although I admit his laugh is so damn cute. I always have this thought like“is he laughing for real or not? ")

  “Chill... I'm just asking.Don't be mad. Besides, I ask for your permission didn't I? And then you said 'go on.What is it?' So I did"

 Kyungsoo laughs.See this is what I meant earlier. I can't really distinguish if he's laughing for real or not because I don't really find anything that I said earlier is funny. "Hey, I'm asking you this because i never seen you dating anyone."

  “Yura,doesn't mean I don't display any sort of affection towards girl I'm a gay.I'm straight okay.It just that I have my own reason.Please don't jump into a conclusion easily" He hissed. What a bipolar. One second he's all laughy and now he's mad.

 I immediately shut my mouth.Seeing that angry face of Kyungsoo is always scary eventhough I find it to be hot sometimes but still,it's scary.I've once saw the innocent Kyungsoo turned into a hulk when a bully tried to tease me.Old story, that's how we met and become bestfriends. I learnt that he's not the type that will just let other people to take advantage on him be it physically nor emotionally.He might looked weak and innocent but his strength are no jokes I'm telling you.He always help me.

 Actually,before the incident,I never talk to him but I always saw him walking alone.Not talking to anyone except for certain people.And he rarely smile too.He's popular among the girls though but I never heard him dating anyone in the school.Even the hottest queenka at the time failed to attract him.

  “Do you want a cup of coffee? My treat as a sign of apology for making you feels bad. It's not my intention to judge you or something,I'm just curious that's all.You know a cup of latte can help you to relax your face muscle.So hey chill a bit will ya? Cos really,you look so tense right now."

  Kyungsoo looked at me before he finally broke into a smile. “That's what I like about you.It's good to be friends with the coffee shop owner.I'm just going to have an americano.I need something strong right now.But no,I'm not going to have it for free, I'll pay for it and don't worry.I'm not mad at you.Really. It just that I have something else to think of in my head right now" 

  I shrugged. If that's what he wants.

 

***

 

  “Annyeong Suho ssi! " I raised my hand to Suho as I walked in. “One americano for my friend please.Table number three." I told Suho who had been watching us like a hawk since the past few minutes from the counter.

  “Your boyfriend? " He asked bitterly at the sight of Kyungsoo “No he's not.He's just a good friend of mine."

  Suho immediately loosened up. “Really? It's great to know that" A huge smile made its way to his face.I knew he's jealous since he's actually have a crush on me. It made me feel awkward being around him sometimes. I mean can you believe it? I'm his boss yet he dared to keep a feelings for me! On the second day he worked here he already confessed his so called undying love for me.It's not that I'm rejecting him because he's status was so much lower than me or the fact that he's my staff or what ever it was.Honestly I wouldn't mind marrying my own worker if I LOVE him.

  I rejected him because, first,obviously i was never in love with him.Second, because he creep the hell out of me when he boldly confessed to me.Besides,who the hell confessed to their boss on the second day of work?! His boldness makes me feel uncomfortable.Like I said, this type of people creep me out.I can't handle that.

  “Yura..! " and one more thing,he dared to call me just by my name and talk to me INFORMALLY. I didn't really like it because it sounds a little bit rude to me.

  “Yes? " i turned around and ask him.

  “You look beautiful in that dress." He complimented me with a wink before he walked off to prepare the order.That's so nice of him.I feel glad to know that I looked presentable.But still! He made me feels uncomfortable. He's too honest and directful. Nonetheless.. I still thanks him "Thanks"

 

***

 

  After changing my cloth,I went back to my seat in front of Kyungsoo who's at the time was too focus on his drinks and his phone.He ddin't even spare me a glance at all.

  “Soo,are you going to ignore me for the whole time? I've been sitting here for 2 days already." I exagerrated a bit when the truth was,I've only sit in front of him for only a minute.Now,that's what we called metaphor.Take notes you people. I love using metaphors. It feels great to be sarcastic sometimes.

  Kyungsoo faked a smile at me and locked his phone. “Alright then.So what do you want to talk about."

  I sit still.Seriously,although we've been friend about years,I always had this kind of problem when communicating with him where I didn't know what to talk about since well, Kyungsoo didn't really talk much.He usually would just listen tentatively to your story and give feedback. “Emm how's your work?"  Kyungsoo laughed.What's the matter? Ouh.. I guess he knew my problem.

 He was just about to say something when suddenly there's this large bang coming from the corner of my cafe.The whole place turned quite as all of the other customer in this cafe feel shocked. We all look into the same direction. 

 There's a guy,sitting alone at the corner. He's tall eventhough he's sitting, people might think he's tanding.His ears reminds me of the creatures in those starwars movie.(whatever the name of character.I don't really remember it because I'm not really starwars fan.But I know it's something like a small creature with green colour?) Yoda? Yogurt? Whatever the name was.

 He picked up the chair next to him that had toppled down.Then, when he realized that all of us are watching him.He raised his eyebrow. “WHAT?!" He yelled at us.Woah..his angry face was a lot more scarier than Kyungsoo's. It's horrifying. 

 All of us stop looking at him and return back to our own bussiness.Ahh..what's up with guys these day? So emotional.

  “Soo.. I think he has a problem.He looks so stress." I whisphered to my best friend.Kyungsoo shrugged.  “Yeah, I think so too.But nevermind, don't mind him.It's not good medling into other people's bussiness. It might caught you with problems."

  

***

 Right now was the biggest problem.This was why I hate managing a cafe or restaurant or something that involving others.

  “Yura unnie.. when is he going home? It's been 2 hours since our shift ended.This cafe should have being close by now. Plus, I can't stay any longer. I need to go home. Tomorrow's a school day"

 I sighed heavily. That guy didn't want to go home is he? Ahh.. poor my staff.They were all already tired.Even Suho had to go home early today because his sister fell sick. I think I had to deal with this by myself. “Ok...You all can go home now. I'll deal with this."

  “Really unnie? Is it okay? " She chanted in relieve.

  “Yeah.. I can do this alone.Now shoo! I bet your mom must have been dead worried about you." I patted her head fondly.

  “Thanks unnie.See you tomorrow!! . "She picked her bag and move straight to the door while waving towards me.

 Great! Now I'm all alone but nevermind..I shouldn't be afraid of him right?  It's not like he's drunk or what. He just seemed stress.So far he had ordered 6 cups of coffees already. I blew a raspberry.Then I walked slowly towards him.He looked up to me,smiling sarcastically. “Wae? Ahh..you want to kick me out of this place didn't you? Huh, I'd like to see you try"

 “I'm sorry sir. But you will have to go home. Our cafe should have been close by now.But we are already late by 2 hours.And all my staff have go home." 

 “Don't you know that right now.. I'm facing the biggest crisis in my life?! The least you can do is give me supports.. NOT CHASE ME AWAY INSTEAD!!! I'm in dilemma" 

 "Once again... I'm so sorry sir.But you will have to leave.You can come again tomorrow." I talked to him nicely..although I hoped he won't come back.

 “I don't wanna go home! Can't you understand that? How could you send your own customer home? Is that how you treat your customer?! Throughout my life, I've never meet any rude coffee shop other than this! "

OK. So he's not only grumpy but bipolar too? Ahh.. how should I deal with this? I wish Kyungsoo was here.He could have help me with this. 

 "I love her so much.Today's my birthday.And she give me this?! How could she.  I'm willing to do anything that she want.She's my first love.I can't live without her.".. Ouh.. I get it now.  He's hearbroken is it? Oh god puh-lease.. It's normal..Meeting and breaking up is one of the life processes. But well, I can't say that it's easy to forget the pain.  I've once been at his place. I know its not great when someone you love so much leave you.

  Especially on your birthday! It would be the worst birthday ever.

  “Sir, I'd recommend to you Han River.It has the best view that can help you to release your stress.I'll give you a free cup of coffee." I coaxed him.He look at me sharply.His gaze was way too scary. Then,he hit the table hard that I almost jump.

  “I don't think it's funny.Get out of my way! " He growled.

  “I'll help you to get her back if you go home."

  Nah.. I'm just lying. Of course. I won't help him.I wouldn't want to get myself involved with this.Besides,I'm sure he will forget about this by the night.He looked at me again but this time with a softer gaze.He looked so hopeful. Well mianhe miseuteu saja  (mister lion). I'm just giving you white lies.

  “Really? But how will you do it? Can you get her back as fast as you could? Will you help me? For real?" He spoke up.

  Wow! He getting too excited.His smile's so wide that it almost ripped his face apart. Okay, now I'm guilty. “I'm serious.. I'll come up with a plan soon and tell you tomorrow"

  “Okay! I will come back tomorrow. " Gaadddddddd .. What have done??????