Where's the damn toilet

Let them be born

The backstage was filled with people of every gender and age. Though, no one seemed to be older than 25. Byun Yeul was sitting on a chair against the wall in the great hall and observed the other contestants.There were at least 20 other who would compete against her and all of them seemed to have their whole family with them. Seriously, she was the only one sitting there alone. Byun Yeul placed a strand of hair behind her ear and looked down at her hands. They were fairly pale and cold after her walk to Trinity Theatre. Yes, she will not forget that name again. It is indeed fancy becuase Trinity has a meaning, refering to the union of the three divine. Indeed fancy since this Theatre has nothing to do with religion. Byun Yeul could feel how the nervosity grew once again. She had tried to kill it for the past hour, but it only got worse. She clasped her hands together and closed her eyes for a brief moment.

“Excuse me?”. Well, yes. It was literally a brief moment. Byun Yeul heard a male voice right in front of her. She opened her eyes and looked up to see if this person meant to speak to her or what. A boy, either her age or around, stood infront of her. He was looking directly down at her, which meant that he actually spoke to her. Byun Yeul raised her brows in confusion and quickly observed the boy. He had light brown hair and deep brown eyes. His nose was small, and his lips as well. He wore a white shirt with a dark blue cardigan over his shoulders and black jeans. With other words, he looked hella handsome.

“Sorry for disturbing, but do you possibly know where the washroom is?”, he said and seemed honestly concerned about disturbing her. Byun Yeul did know where it was, since her nervosity has a pretty bad influence on her stomach.

“Oh, it’s fine. Sure, just follow the signs to the main hall, but instead of right, you take left in the corridor. You have to go a bit there, it’s kinda hidden”, she chuckled and pointed left of the room. The boy followed her hand and nodded slowly.

“Ah, okay. I’ve seriously gone around like crazy and just couldn’t seem to find it. But thank you!”, said the boy and bowed slightly before he left Byun Yeul. She gazed after him and didn’t look away until he turned left in that corridor and disappeared behind the wall.

 

She looked down on the floor again. Her song began to play inside of her head and she resonated with herself where she would adjust her voice to make the best out of it. Once again Byun Yeul closed her eyes and disappeared in her own world. She stomped the beat with her foot and imagined herself standing on that stage and singing all perfect. She imagined applause and she ímagined great critics. She imagined winning the whole thing. Now that would be something to talk about. Okay, but first she must clear the first round off. If she adjusted her voice a few lines before her high note, then she might be able to use more of her chest voice.

“I’m so sorry, this is getting kind of awkward”. Byun Yeul looked up and saw once again this handsome boy from earlier. It didn’t seem like he found it awkward at all as he smiled brightly. “I cannot find it. I followed you description but I couldn’t find it”, he said and shrugged his shoulders. Byun Yeul smiled a little and dragged her hand through her long hair.

“Let me show you then”, she answered and got up from her seat. Her felt a bit numb after her sitting there for almost an hour straight. They began to walk together through the room.

“I am really sorry for disturbing you”, said the boy as he walked beside her. She only shook her head in response.

“No problem, really. I didn’t do anything in particular anyways”, answered Byun Yeul and chuckled.

“You seemed quite concentrated both times I approached you, so I don’t know. Rehearsing?”. They turned left in the corridor that Byun Yeul had mentioned. The hallway was fancy with dark red walls and dark wooden floor.

“Well of course. Who isn’t rehearsning now?”, said Byun Yeul and laughed quietly. The boy smiled and shrugged.

“Those who has company maybe?”, said the boy and sounded utterly sarcastic. Byun Yeul glanced over at him and began to laugh.

“True that, you’re here alone too?”, Byun Yeul asked and took another turn in the corridor. Ah, she forgot to tell hom about this turn. Of course he couldn’t find it then. The boy nodded.

“Yeah, No one knows that I’m here. You know, it feels better if people get surprised afterwards then feeling anxious about placements before it has even begun.”

“Smart. People tend to overthink more than the one who actually participates. I’m Han Byun Yeul by the way”. They had now stopped outside the washrooms and she bowed slightly. He responded with a quick bow.

“Cha Hyun Woo, pleasure. I guess it’s in here? Thank you so much!”, he said and bowed once again.

“Really no problem. I totally forgot to tell you about this last turn”, she trailed off and didn’t really know what to say to keep up the conversation. And it just became quiet between them.  This boy obviously needed the toilet, couldn’t he just… leave? Instead he just stood there and smiled as brightly as before. Well, this was the moment where Byun Yeul took her leave.

“Oh, my phone is ringing. Must be my sister… I’ll see you later”, she said and fake laughed. She turned around without even waiting for an answer, but she heard him anyways.

“See you, and if not, good luck to you Han Byun Yeul”. She didn’t even answer, just turned her head back and smiled brightly. Why did she always grew so uncomfortable like too quick? Stupid mind. Now she just had to settle back into her preparing mood. Though she was excited to hear what he would perform. Just a sudden thought…