Let them be born

Let them be born

The lighter came in contact with the cigarette and the edge lit up. Byun Yeul in the poisoned air and closed her eyes for a brief moment. She putted back The lighter into her pocket and let her hand stay in there. The usual calmness filled her soul and all messy thoughts kind of sorted out. She leaned against the cold stone wall and glanced over to the other side of the street where a huge building was standing kind of alone. Lights in all sort of different colours shone brightly, advertising about upcoming concerts and live shows that would be held there. Her eyes layed on the bright blue sign saying "Let them be born" and Byun Yeul's heart skipped a beat. That show had been a part of her life since the age of 13. Every Friday afternoon after school ,she would run home just to manage in time till the show began. In there, people competed in singing and dancing. You couldn't really choose one of those cathegories, because they were supposed to go hand in hand with each other , but the contestant could choose which of these two were like a stronger side of oneself. Every contestant had a maximum of 5 minutes on stage where they showed off their skills, and Byun Yeul found them all amazing. A part of her had always told her that she should try to audition, but due to her young age, she would need an adult to sign for her. The problem was that Byun Yeul didn't have an adult that could be their and support her, the adults she had lived with didn't want to support her, at all. That's why she had waited until she could sign herself.

Byun Yeul had recently turned 19, which gave her the rights to sign up for shows and such. Though, she wouldn't really had done it, if it wasn't for her cousin who constantly nagged about how Byun Yeul should just show her talent to the world. To call it a talent is maybe a bit exaggerating, it was just something she could do. A nervous tingle spread through her stomach and made its way to her arms and legs.
Tomorrow.
Tomorrow, Byun Yeul Will finally stand on that stage, in front of thousands in the audience and even more behind the television screen. In front of the people who themselves are idols and producers, all behind the judge's table. She was mostly nervous of the producers and company owners. There were four of them, who represented the four biggest entertainments within music and arts in South Korea. It was YG-, JYP-, SM- and Cube Entertainment. They had been judging in the show from the very beginning and Byun Yeul knew how harsh they could be. Once, YG reacted to a boy had made a grammar mistake, or it at least sounded like that. He explained that it might have been because of the boy's nasality, and the boy didn't make it to round 2. Little stuff like that was noticeable.

Byun Yeul frowned and threw the cigarette towards the ground. She stomped it and then picked it up again to throw it in the trash bin. It was late at night, 2 am to be exact. Even though she didn't have to get up early tomorrow, Byun Yeul still wanted to sleep. She needed to get away from reality for a while, breath out and get mentally ready for the competition tomorrow. Her mind was a bit calmer now, but if she began to overthink again than she might consider to drop this opportunity. Byun Yeul walked down the street with her hands deep into the jackets pockets. But if she dropped out now, then it would have been a total waste of the video she sent two weeks ago, the video that decided if she could compete or not. All the stress and anxiety around the recording would just have been for nothing, and how disappointed wouldn't her cousin get? Byun Yeul shook her head for herself. Like hell she would back off now. This was her chance to show them, to show them all how good she was. She would show them how wrong they've been about her.
Byun Yeul exhaled and looked up. The dark sky was covered in clouds and it wouldn't get better till tomorrow.
Well, she did appreciate rain so it would maybe be her lucky weather?