Don't think about him

Let them be born

The sun peaked in through the window and cast its light over the kitchen floor. Dirty plates and breakfastfood was still on the table, waiting tobe cleaned off. Byun Yeul was standing in the bathroom and just stared at her bare face. Her cousin had left for work only half an hour ago, wishing Byun Yeul goodluck and said that she would watch from the livingroom. They had shared breakfast together, as they always did, and tried to talk about everything around this subject, but it was highly impossible, especially today. That’s why Byun Yeul was staring at her own reflection, all nervy and anxious.

 

She couldn’t really recall a memory of when she’d been this nervous. Must’ve been many years ago, surely when she was in elementary school. Otherwise she didn’t usually feel nervous about things. Byun Yeul leaned over the sink and tapped water into her cupped hands and then splashed it on her face. She repeated the procedure a few times with cold water. That seemed to calm her a bit. She dried her face with a towel and stared into the mirror again. She let out her dark, long hair from its ponytail and began to ruffle it with her hands. What kind off hairstyle did she even want to pull off? Would it be too boring if she just let it hang there over her shoulders? At least she knew that she didn’t want a ponytail. Braids? Byun Yeul shook her head. Absolutely not. Well, it still had its natural volume so if she just side parted her hair, then it would at least look acceptable. Was there even a rule of how you should look like when you’re on tv? Becuase if it so was, then Byun Yeul wasn’t well informed. She often did listen to music and followed the many new albums and comebacks from korean artists, but she had never really bothered to check on how they were styled. It was just too much of an option and every comeback pulled off new styles and so on. Okay, she wasn’t even famous and it had been lots of people on that show, not being goodlooking at all. It shouldn’t matter that much. At least she had decided what kind of makeup she would be applying, but it was to early to do it now. Byun Yeul left the bathroom and made her way towards the bedroom. She opened her closet and looked at the few pieces of clothing that she had. Okay, this would be easy. She opened the bottom drawer and pulled out a pair of black, skinny jeans. She threw them towards the bed and then began to go through her shirts. Long sleeves or t-shirt? She looked unconsciously down on her bare arms and kept her gaze there. If she stared long enough, maybe the reddish scars would disappear.

They didn’t, and they wouldn’t either. Byun Yeul sighed and picked a white knitted sweater.

 

If there was a possibilityfor time travelling, Byun Yeul wished that she could go back in time and delete all those times when the scars were created. Honestly, their existence was uneccessary. But done was done and only time could heal them now. She did feel much better now than she did before, back in those days when she had lived with her stepmother and that other man.

Yoon Seo Jun. At first he looked nice, had these good manners and smiled all the time. Byun Yeul had been comfortable with him at first, until his awful son appeared in the picture.

Yoon DuJun. His name alone could make Byun Yeul compelled to destroy anything around her. The hatred she felt towards him was still as strong as it had been a few years ago, and it wouldn’t really fade away yet. Not as long as she gets reminded of his existence, which is not so easy to ignore since he’s in one of the most famous male group in Korea. It made Byun Yeul repeatedly sick when she read through news and fansites, blind fangirls who claim that DuJun has great looks and an unique personality. Give it a break! He might be handsome, but his personality is basically . Thinking of it, maybe even has a better personality than DuJun. Byun Yeul regretted all the actions she did when they first met. When she tried to befriend him and got stuck in this irrelevant hope that he would maybe become a great brother to her. If she just hadn’t been so weak back then… Byun Yeul shook her head and dragged her hands through her hair.

“No Dujun today. Don’t think about that bastard”, she reminded herself and exhaled through . She left the bedroom and headed towards the livingroom, where they had installed new humansized mirrors. This was where Byun Yeul had practised most of the time in preparations for applying to the competition. She kinda wished that she had choosen a song that included more dance than this one, but this song just meant too much to her. She couldn’t just change like that… If she made it to round 2, then she would. If she made it.

 

She went through the song so much that it almost became boring to sing it. Like it almost lost its meaning and all. The clock was 3pm and Byun Yeul was almost done. She had gotten dressed and was just about to apply some tint for her lips. She ran around the house and packed all neccessary stuff into her purse. The most importnant was the confirmationticket though.  One last look in the mirror and Byun Yeul felt ready to meet her fate. She locked the door and ran down the stairs, almost in excitement.

The springair outside was getting a bit chilly as the sun had begun to set. Byun Yeul walked down the street and mentally sigh when she noticed that she had forgot her gloves. Evenings were goddamn cold and could even reach the zero. She clenched her fists and put them in the jackets pockets. It would take her around 20 minutes to reach the place where she would compete. Byun Yeul couldn’t even remember the name of the building. It had a really fancy name, she knew it, but she just couldn’t remember what it was. Some things just didn’t matter to her, and those things left her mind almost immediatly. Byun Yeul stared down at her brown, worn out boots. People would sure wonder if she lived on the streets or something. Byun Yeul sighed for herself and smiled. Well, if she got disovered than it wouldn’t matter.

was just about to get real.