Chapter 8

Something About Him [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 25th, 2015 (9:51AM GMT+10)


(Cute David Henrie is cute c:)

  Today is a Wednesday, which means I have classes however, not too much that I have to wake up early. My first class starts a little after lunch time but I decide to head over to one of the campus libraries to study instead of in my dorm room. It's currently a little past 9AM so I have plenty of time to study before my first class of the day. But first, I decide to go and get some breakfast.   I look around the room, checking to make sure everything is in place and I'm bringing along everything I need in my backpack. After making sure, I sling my backpack on my shoulder, grab my keys, slip my shoes on, and start to head out. The moment I open the door, I'm greeted by Jake standing at the other side of the door, his arm outstretched as if he's about to knock on my door.   "Oh, you're heading out?" Jake asks in surprise, pulling his outstretched arm down. "Where are you going?"   "Hey, Jake," I greet while stepping out of my room and closing the door firmly behind me. "I'm going to the library to study. Well, I'm going to get breakfast THEN study in the library." He looks at me like I grew another head, furrowing his brows.   "You at the library? Since when do YOU, Kim Junsu, go to the library to study?" He then jokes while grinning like a fool, trying to suppress his laughter. I roll my eyes at him, unmasking my smile.   "What? You don't think I can study in a library? I'm not banned there. I study wherever I want." I reply with my tongue sticking out. He finally releases a laugh, laughing heartily, then shakes his head in amusement.   "It's just that this is the first time you're saying you're going to the library to study. Borrowing a book, sure. But studying?" Jake blows a raspberry, but has a good point. I usually study in my dorm room and have no difficulties as long as I leave my door closed. However, today's a little bit different.   "It's a lot quieter in the library." I reason as I start walking off with my best friend following me.   "Isn't it pretty quiet in here, too?" He quizzes me as he follows me through the halls and to the stairways.   I shrug and reply, "I feel like a change today."   "Alright then, Mr. Change." He mocks with a few silly gestures and grins like a goof then I ask, "Why were you about to knock on my door, though?"   "Oh, that. Nothing. I just wanted to hang out. You've been busy lately." He shrugs then adds, "But I guess you're busy again today, too. Totally fine with me, though."   "Oh..." I breath out, not realizing before how busy I have gotten and how shelled-in I was in the past week and so. Now that I think about it, I haven't voluntarily seen Jake in a long time and properly hung out with him recently. Although we see each other during soccer practice, I've been going straight back to the dorms afterwards. I give him a guilty and apologetic look, adding, "Sorry about that."   "It's cool, man." He laughs and pats me on the shoulder in assurance. By this time, we step out of the dorm complex, stopping to stand at the side of the doorway so as not to be an obstacle to others leaving and entering the dorms.   "If you want, we can go eat out after classes for dinner." Jake quickly lightens up at the idea of food and an opportunity to finally spend time with me. I laugh at his dorky face.   "Who's turn is it to treat? It's totally you."   "What?! No way, dude! I paid for the both of us last time!" I whine.   "Lies! Lies and slander!" He points an accusing finger at me with a wide devilish grin.   "Your pants are on fire."   "I'm serious, dude. It's your turn." He grins again and I frown. He's definitely toying with me about this. "But fine. I'll pay this time. Since I wanted to hang out."   "You just don't want to pay for the food, you cheapskate!" I smirk playfully and he scoffs, pretending to look hurt.   "How dare you!?"  
(Author's Note: So I've included some background music again. Scroll down to the bottom to find two English songs to get that American diner kind of feel :D)   I head back to the dorms after a long day; studying in the morning, and classes one after another in the afternoon. My shoes make soft padding noises as I step past the automatic doors to the dormitory building, up two flights of stairs and through the corridor to my assi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter