fin

Water Guns

a/n. this will be really short and i wrote this on my phone so… sorry for any mistakes.

 

++++

It was a long tiring day for Jihoon today and all he wanted to do was go home, take a shower while Soonyoung would make him up some sweet milk-tea, and they would cuddle in their couch and Jihoon's horrible day would be appeased. But instead, Jihoon comes home to a water gun lying in front of their porch and a horribly hand-written note that says; "Welcome home, my sweet little Jihoonie! I know you'd probably kill me for calling you that so here's your weapon. I have one too, by the way. Good luck!" Signed with kisses and hugs, Kwon Soonyoung.

Jihoon's eye twitched— that er. His day is already bad enough and this? Jihoon swears if he find that unreasonable… person of his, he'd chop his neck right off the bat. Crumpling the little note in his hand, Jihoon glances at the lying object in front of him. He takes the gun, feeling it heavy in his arms and Jihoon suddenly feels a rush of adrenaline.

Oh, it's on.

 

Soonyoung screams in horror as the younger comes at him once again. The two of them have been at it for almost an hour now and probably half of their things inside were already soaking wet with water, while the two owners of the house haven't even got a single hit from one of their guns. It's a tight battle— Jihoon almost managed to get him for like, 5 times while Soonyoung only managed to do 2. His boyfriend is a better player than what he had imagined, he admits.

His train of thought halts when a squirt of water almost hits his face. Soonyoung looks up from where he's hiding only to see his boyfriend— oh .

"AAAAAHHH!!!" Soonyoung screams as he tries to escaped, leaping out from the bathtub to their bedroom but Jihoon suddenly tackles him down onto the cold tiled floor. Soonyoung grunts with his eyes closed in pain and when he opens them back again, Jihoon's gun was pointed at his face.

"Jihoonie, no." Soonyoung croaks pathetically. Jihoon smirks.

"Yes."

"No, please— not the face!"

"Oh, should I shoot it in your nostrils instead?"

"Jihoon!"

Soonyoung tries to escape, but it's useless with how Jihoon has him lock down against the floor by straddling him like this. Soonyoung whines. "Jihoon, I'm your boyfriend! Have mercy on me!"

"You should've thought that first before calling me little," he squints at him before adding, "jagi."

There's a faint skip of his heartbeat and the signs of his cheeks reddening when Jihoon said the last part, and maybe Jihoon noticed it too because his face is just as red— probably a shade darker even— but the feeling is gone when Jihoon pulled the trigger all too suddenly, releasing a rather painful hit of water to his face— and it just had to hit his nose. Ouch.

Jihoon looks taken aback at first before bursting out laughing— that weird, loud, yet endearing laugh of his that always have his heart warming up, aching— and Soonyoung not sure what to do. He settles on whining.

"How dare you! I'm your boyfriend!"

"You were the one who started it!"

The two ends up laughing together after that, retelling and mimicking each other's ridiculous ways of avoiding the water shots and Jihoon laughs especially loud at Soonyoung's horrible imitation of him yelling out profanities in his Busan dialect —Jihoon couldn't take it, laughing loudly with his hands covering his face from embarrassment.

"What's with that all of the sudden? The water gun, I mean." Jihoon later asks after they cleaned up and took a shower earlier on. The two of them are in their bedroom; Jihoon's head rests against the other's shoulder as they snuggle comfortably under the covers.

Soonyoung hums. "Nothing really," he says before yawning, but Jihoon is still staring expectantly at him, brows furrowing —Jihoon knows him too well, Soonyoung laughs.

"You seemed to be having a bad day, that's all."

Jihoon seems to be surprised at Soonyoung's answer. "How did you know?" He asks before squinting. "You're not stalking me at work, are you?"

"Of course not!" Soonyoung defends himself. "It was one time, Jihoon. One time— stop looking at me like that!"

Jihoon snorts and buries his face back into his lover's shoulder— Soonyoung likes to imagine the little upturn of Jihoon's lips as his hidden expression.

Soonyoung sighs, pressing his face into Jihoon's hair.

"You seemed down when I texted you earlier, that's all. I thought that maybe I could cheer you up, y'know."

Jihoon snorts. "And your idea of 'cheering' me up was water guns and battle?"

"Hey! Don't act like you didn't have fun just now." Soonyoung whines. Jihoon chuckles.

"Yeah," he mumbles. "I did have fun. Thanks, Soonyoung."

Jihoon nuzzles against him, a fond smile slowly making its way onto Soonyoung lips. The elder boy presses his lips against his lover's head.

"You're welcome."

And just like that, the two went silent, the room quiet with only their steady breathes filling as the background.

 

 

 

"Hey, Jihoonie, can you call me 'jagi' one more time?"

"Go to sleep, ."

"Stingy..."

 

++++

 

a/n. aaand that's it guys! thanks for reading ♡ comments are very much appreciated. i just realized i've been posting too many soonhoon fics recently eventhough my main otp is chansol (lol)