Chapter 6 (Final)

In My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    A/N: lol just like my other story, "In My Mind", this will have 6 chapters total! what is with me and the number 6? XD Anyways, I really do apologize for all the angst I've put in throughout the course of this fanfic, and remember that none of this is real life (and never should leave AFF)! Thank y'all so much for the support, and I LOVE Y'ALL I REALLY DO!!!

                                       

(meanie couple spam, and this is what I imagined them to be sort of in high school??)

    Wonwoo definitely lived up to his promise and panicked the moment he reached Incheon. Of course he was fine on the outside; Wonwoo had a talent for being really composed on the outside, but inside his head he was doing jumping jacks in anxiety. 

    Wonwoo nervously grabbed his luggage at the baggage claim, trying to evenly breathe in and out. You haven't even seen your family or anyone who you know yet, calm down, he tried to tell himself, but his mind kept wandering over to Mingyu. I can now see him in person oh my lord it was a bad idea to come here. It was a mistake to accept the LG internship I shouldn't have what am I doing here--

    "Sir, sir, are you okay?", a security guard worriedly asked Wonwoo, noticing that Wonwoo had been just standing there near the baggage claim staring off at the distance. "Uh, no, no, sir, sorry...I'm fine.", Wonwoo replied, snapping out of his thoughts and realizing that he was still at the airport. "Sorry to bother, I'll go!", Wonwoo hurriedly continued, rolling his luggage towards the exit, away from the confused guard.

    Damn, less than an hour at home and already I'm a wreck. Wonwoo chastised to himself, shaking his head to clear the thoughts before hailing a cab and getting in, directing the driver to the address of his parent's home. 

    He arrived in front of the house, and old memories flooded back to him. I haven't been here in 3 years, and nothing has changed on the outside. Wonwoo took a deep breath in, and calmly rang the doorbell. He heard shuffling footsteps, and then the door opened to reveal his mom.

    "Wonwoo...we've missed you.", she offered warmly, opening her arms, and Wonwoo gladly fell into her embrace. He had contacted his parents way beforehand, letting them know about the internship, so they were expecting his arrival. He knew that he wasn't exactly close with his parents, mostly because they were always away on business trips, but he would be lying if he said that he hadn't missed them.

    "Welcome home, son. How's college so far?", his dad greeted Wonwoo, patting his back as usual to show affection (Wonwoo's father wasn't a very cuddly person). Wonwoo joined them at the living room and began discussing his achievements during his three years in America, excitedly telling them about his awards and praise he received.

    "Wait, hold on dear.", his mom interrupted Wonwoo, "you haven't told us about your actual college experience yet. How were the social gatherings? You know, as young people call it, the clubs?", she finished, and both she and Wonwoo's dad looked at him expectantly. After all, wasn't that what people remembered the most about college: friends and social lives?

    Wonwoo froze. He hadn't thought about this. He thought that his parents, who were such avid entrepreneurs, would be satisfied with hearing about his academic achievements. Clearly they now cared a lot more about the 'college life' than Wonwoo had expected. "Uh, well, uh...I made a lot of new friends?", he blurted out. It wasn't a complete lie; after all, he had made new friends.

    Both his mom and dad turned to look at each other and sighed. "See, I told you!", Wonwoo's dad complained. "This kid has only studied in America. Nothing else!", and with that, he turned to Wonwoo. "Wonwoo, son, we are so proud that you got an internship to LG as an engineer. And this may seem weird...but son, you should have a little more fun at your age.", his dad told Wonwoo. "When I was your age, my business major didn't take up my entire life! And your major shouldn't either."

    "Wonwoo, you should rest today. The jet lag must be horrible right now. And tomorrow, we're going to force you to go outside and do something.", his mother nagged, now pushing a shocked Wonwoo up the stairs to his old bedroom. "Wait--WHAT?", Wonwoo yelped. "Mom, w-what about my spending time with family?"

    "Oh please, considering how you've been non-stop studying for three years, I think you deserve a little fun before you have to 'spend time with us'.", his mother smiled. When they reached his bedroom, Wonwoo reached to open the door, but his mother stopped him. 

    "And also-", she whispered, looking at Wonwoo in a motherly fashion. "-don't think that your father and I don't know about your boyfriend spiel going on right now." Wonwoo paled, slowly turning to face her. "Tomorrow, you're going to confront him, okay? No more of this "My engineering major is the most important thing" attitude. It is, but we both know that you...haven't been the happiest these past three years.", she instructed Wonwoo in a soft voice. "Mother knows everything."

    She then her heel and went back downstairs, leaving a dazed Wonwoo. She knows...everything? How? I never told her...did I? How did she know that Mingyu and I never contacted each other? A million thoughts raced through his head, but seeing as he probably wouldn't get any of the answers, Wonwoo just decided to sleep off his anxiety.

    Little did Wonwoo know that Mingyu had visited Wonwoo's house regularly to keep Wonwoo's parents company, and Wonwoo's mom had been informed about Wonwoo's refusal of long-distance way back when Wonwoo was in his first year of college. She had been disappointed at Wonwoo, mostly because she had expected Wonwoo to trust Mingyu enough; she knew how much Mingyu meant to Wonwoo, and vice versa.

   ---------------------------------------------

    When Wonwoo woke up the next day, he definitely didn't expect to wake up face to face with an expectant mother and father. "Get dressed, Wonwoo, you're going out as soon as you eat breakfast!", his mother nagged, pushing Wonwoo around and throwing clothes on him with a bright expression. "You haven't seen your friends in AGES, and considering that you worked yourself too hard in college, I doubt that you've contacted them much!", she continued, looking at him with a knowing glint in her eye. 

    Wonwoo rubbed his eyes blearily, trying to adjust to the bright sunlight as different t-shirts and pants were thrown at him. "I'll be waiting downstairs with your breakfast, so dress nicely and come down soon.", his mom directed him, leaving him half-awake to hurriedly search for a decent outfit.

    When he managed to throw on a button-down shirt and cargo shorts, he headed downstairs, where his mom was standing and gesturing to a bowl of hot oatmeal. "This is for fiber and energy, as you're going to need it when you catch up with your friends.", she supplied, and sat beside Wonwoo as he gulped down the delicious oatmeal.

    He had hardly finished when his mother took the bowl away, instructed him to brush his teeth and 'freshen up'. Right as he finished brushing the last strand of his hair, his mother had called him, looked him over once, and nodded in approval while pushing Wonwoo out the front door and saying, "Have fun!"

    He stared in disbelief for a few seconds, going through his head what had just occurred, before shrugging and deciding to make the most of his free day.

    Wonwoo decided that he would first make a stop at Seungkwan's and Jeonghan's houses. He hadn't seen his high school friends in a few years, and they had rarely talked after college had started. So, Wonwoo found himself humming giddily as he sat on the bus to Seungkwan's neighboorhood.

    Because it had been so long, Wonwoo did have a slight hesitation before ringing the doorbell , but he figured that Seungkwan would be happy to see him. He took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. Wonwoo heard some muffled sounds and whispering before the door was opened to reveal a surprised Seungkwan...and someone else?

    "Uh...hi.", Wonwoo lamely said, his lack of greeting resulting from the shock. Who is this person? he thought, looking back and forth between the said guy and Seungkwan. "No offense, and I know it's been a while...but who is he?", Wonwoo asked timidly, gesturing to the mentioned person, a handsome American-looking young man who offered a small smile.

    Seungkwan stared for a moment longer before recovering. "Wonwoo, I haven't seen you in so long! How come you didn't tell me you came back to Korea? Yeah...this is my boyfriend...Hansol!", Seungkwan responded. "Ahhhh", Wonwoo replied, still slightly shocked at the sudden revelation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter