Fool.

Forgive me..

*CRACK*

 

I threw my handphone on the ground. Is this a dream? Or is this reality?

I groaned in pain when I hit myself with a book on the table. This is real after all..

I laughed at myself in the mirror as I looked at my red, puffy eyes. How stupid of me to think that Kibum would be here to celebrate my birthday with me. Even the weather is crying along with me. I knelt down on the bathroom floor as I choked at my own tears flowing from my eyes.

 

No. I am Lee Chae Rin. I will not cry just because a small matter called love. I will be strong. No, I MUST be strong. My best friends will be very worried if they noticed my puffy eyes. I must not cry. Just think that he doesn't exist in your life. Yes. I wouldn't be labeled a strong girl by my best friends for no reason.

 

I wiped away my tears with the sleeves of my shirt and stood up. Splashing my face with the water, I suddenly thought of him again..

 

I shook my head and splashed more water to my face. He's a douchebag, Chaerin. I'm too good for him. I wiped my face with the towel and walked out of the bathroom.

 

I went to the kitchen to make some instant noodles for myself. I was going to wait for him so we could have dinner together..but guess not. I've been through a lot of birthdays like this when I was young. If I can do it last time, I can do it now. No friends, no family, just me, myself and I.

 

I settled down on the sofa with my bowl of noodles in my hands. I guess everything bad happens to me especially when it rains heavily. It was raining when my parents died in a car accident.. It was raining when my first pet dog passed away.. It was raining when my first boyfriend left me.. Now? I don't even want to think about it anymore.

 

------------------------------------

 

-Kibum's POV-

 

. Chaerin. What am I supposed to do? Damn it, bloody red traffic light. Why is is taking so long for it to turn green?! Why is the world against me today?! I tried calling Chaerin, but why wouldn't she answer her phone?!

I stepped on the gas pedal immediately once the light turns green. Everyone, please get the hell out of my way.

 

The box is still in my pocket. I got down and slammed the car door shut once I stopped the car in front of her house. It's raining heavily now, but that's not going to stop me. I climbed over her gate and knocked the door, hoping she would open it.

 

I know she's inside there. But the question is, would she let me in? Especially after Tiff sent that pictures to her.. I bet Chaerin hates me now. I need to explain the truth to her. My heart is still beating loudly, I waited for her to open the door as I catch my breath.

 

Damn it Chae, open the door. I knocked the door again, but gulped when I heard a click. Is she opening the door? Please, Chae, please.

 

I could only see a glimpse of her dissapointed look before she slammed the door in my face.

 

"Chaerin ah.. Open the door please? I could explain.."

 

"What is there to explain when there's already a proof that clearly showed you're lying?"

 

"It's a long story, Chae.. Now please, open the door. I'm so sorry, Chae.."

 

I continued knocking the door, but she wouldn't even say a word. I took off my coat and placed it on top of my head as it's crazily cold out here especially with the strong wind blowing. Guess I deserved this after all.

 

"I'm not leaving until you open the door, Chae."

 

I sighed and sat down on the floor, with my back against the door as the rain showered me. I folded up my sleeves and took the box from my pocket, just to keep it inside my pants to avoid it from getting wet. It's freezing cold outside here, but I chose to stay here although my car was just right in front of me. What if she opens the door when I head to my car? I wouldn't want to let that happen, would I?

 

She must be crying right now. My heart aches even when I think of it. She never cried before in front of her best friends. I might be the only one to witness her crying in her room, when her first love left her. I hugged her and let her cry into my chest. I even called that guy a bastard when I'm the bastard now. But at least I came to explain to her.

 

I'm still recovering from the drug Tiff gave me just now. It's like the world is spinning right in front of me. I should congratulate myself to at least drive my way here without meeting any accidents. Let me just close my eyes and take a short..nap..

 

*THUMP*

 

-Chaerin's POV-

 

I jumped when I heard a loud noise while washing my bowl. What the hell was that? Did he just smash open the door with something?

 

I quickly washed the bowl and went out of the kitchen. The door is still fine.. I walked towards the windows and looked outside. His car is still there.. He's still waiting outside?

 

I slowly opened the door and peeked but he wasn't there? I opened the door wide and jumped when his torso almost fell on my feet. He stood up and wiped the water off his face. I still didn't mutter a word but I noticed a cat running away from a broken flower pot. That must be the reason behind the loud noise.

 

"C-can I come in?"

 

His tall firgure shadowed me but he was freezing and he looked very pale. I sighed and let him enter.

 

 

"You better leave tomorrow, or else I will scratch your car."

 

I gave him a towel and the biggest shirt I have from the closet, along with a pair of trousers. I avoided his gaze but I cursed at myself under my own breath for letting him in. Stupid cat. I the tv and hugged my knees, since it was very cold tonight. I tried not to look at him when I could hear his footsteps coming towards me.

 

Just when he sat down beside me, I moved further away from him while my eyes were still glued to the tv. I should praise myself for being able to control my feelings. When he came near me, I turned off the tv and locked myself in my room. I don't want to see his face anymore.

 

---------------

 

-Kibum's POV-

 

I'm still a bit dizzy.. Guess I have no choice but to explain to her tomorrow morning. I lied down on the sofa, but I can't sleep. Not when I just took my nap outside just now. I stared at the ceiling as I thought about us last time.. I jumped when there was suddenly a loud thunderstrike. She must be very scared now.

 

I heard her open the door. I pretended to sleep so that I wouldn't make things worse. But I could hear her footsteps coming towards me.. Should I open my eyes? Should I grab her hands? Before I could open my mouth, I can already feel her soft blanket on me. I breathed in the smell of her blanket, it smells just like her. I miss her. I opened my eyes and looked and the screen reflection of her walking towards her room without closing the door.

 

Great, I got up and sneaked inside her room, carrying the blanket along with me. She's a fool for putting it on me, does she want to get sick or something? I noticed her wet pillows, she must be crying herself to sleep.

 

"I'm sorry, Chae.."

 

I covered her body with the blanket and tried to sneak beside her without making a slight noise. She was still sleeping soundly.. Oh how I miss her touch. I wiped her tears away from her cheeks and cuddled her. She moved a bit when I pressed her lips against her forehead and cuddled her. My hands s around her waist, with her face buried in my chest.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I opened my eyes only to find the Sun blinding my eyes with the bright light. I creased my eyebrows and shot up. The ring. My clothes. THE RING. I ran our of the bedroom, but she's nowhere in the living room. My clothes. MY CLOTHES.

 

I stormed in the bathroom and heaved a sigh of relief when my clothes were still there. I took out the small black box and hid it inside my pocket. Chaerin's trousers, to be exact. I could hear the tap water running from the kitchen, so I took small steps hoping she wouldn't notice.

 

I was right, she was in the kitchen making drinks after all. I stood behind her, taking my time inhaling her shampoo scent. Once she placed the drinks aside, my instincts made me hugged her from behind.

 

"Please listen to me.. It only takes a minute."

 

I could feel her body stiffen, I rested my chin on her shoulder. I saw her clenching her fists, but I continued my sentence.

 

"Tiff asked me to stop by her house this afternoon, so I did.. She asked me to taste her new cocktail she just made, and I obeyed her like a dumb fool. The next thing I know, I felt dizzy and fainted almost immediately.. When I woke up, she was in the washroom but I saw her phone lying on the table near me. I checked her phone and found out she already sent the pictures to you.. I took my coat and rushed here right after that.."

 

"I swear I have nothing to do with this. I shouldn't have gone over to her house in the first place. I know I'm wrong, Chae.."

 

I turned her around to face me, I feel like seeing her cry because of me. I hugged her tightly and brushed her lond blonde hair with my hands. I reluctantly pulled away from her, just to wipe her tears with my thumb.

 

"I'm so sorry, Chaerin.."

 

I wiped her tears again and cupped her chin to plant a soft kiss on her lips. She closed her eyes and slightly opened , so I took the advantage to slip in my tongue into . She always tastes like strawberry, it's as if a kind of drug to me. Call me an addict, but I'll never get enough of her. Our kiss turned passionate as we fought for dominance. We pulled away from each other to catch our breath but it was enough to make me understand why I fell in love with her in the first place. I flashed her a smile and pressed my lips on her cheeks, taking the 2 cups of hot chocolate behind her at the same time.

 

"Come on, let's drink while it's still hot."

 

I placed the cups on the dining table and pulled the chair for her to sit. I went over to my seat and took out the ring without her noticing. When she looked at me, I pretended I was holding my cup to drink my hot chocolate. I cupped her chin and gave her a light peck on her lips, a trick I learned while watching a drama with her. While doing that, I sneakily took her hands and pushed the ring into her ring finger.

 

"Should I call you wifey? Or just call you Chae as usual?"

 

My heart leaped when she saw the ring and smiled at it. I don't care if we're still in our pyjamas but this was the right time for me to propose to her without getting disturbed by anyone.

 

"Did I forgive you ? Or allow you to declare me as your fiance yet?"

 

"W-what?"

 

I could hear my heart fell to the ground when I saw her face being serious.

 

"Tricked ya, er. Call me anything you want, but I think I'll call you a fool. Suits you after all."