"I promise..."

A promise to keep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am speechless, guys. Really... I just can't find words for what you did for me - you subscribed, you commented... you couldn't have made me any happier!

Thank you so so much! I love all of you! *big group hug*

 

As promised, here is the second chapter of my story ^.^

Have fun :)

 

************************************************************************************

“You remember what I told you… Back then when you almost chopped off my head in front of the guys?” Jackson asked teasingly, a smile evident in his voice.
The elder nodded against his boyfriend’s shoulder, chuckling almost inaudibly at the memory. Yes, he could remember. Could remember as if it had been yesterday – and yet, already eight months had passed. 

*^*^*^*^*^*^Flashback^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
It was a late Thursday night – or, let’s say early Friday morning – in May 2014, only a few month after their debut. 
“Alright guys! Let’s have a 15 minutes break!” JB clapped his hands, earning shouts of relief and happiness from the members for the 15 minutes of pure heaven. Or, at least that’s what it felt like if you were dancing for hours straight without a single break. 
As if on cue, all seven boys collapsed on the floor, stretching their limps in all directions.
They were alone in the room, their instructor had gone home some hours ago, leaving them with a list of instructions about how to improve their dancing – due until tomorrow evening. 
“I’m gonna get some snacks” Mark stood up with shaky legs (damn that practice…) “any wishes?” he looked at the pile of floppy bodies around him. All he got was a shaking of heads and some incoherent mumbling – most likely from Bambam who was curled up in the corner, trying to take a cat-nap during the short break. 
The door closed silently behind the red haired rapper, leaving the remaining six members still panting in the practice room. 
Some seconds went by in silence, until suddenly, Jackson spoke up: “Guys…?” he began, staring motionlessly to the ceiling, as he was lying backwards on the floor. 
“Hm?” came the mumbled reply, not really paying attention to what their rapper was saying.
“I… I have to tell you something” his voice was hoarse and, if you listened closely enough, also a tad bit insecure. Not that anyone would, though. They were too exhausted for that. 
“And what…?” came the bored question from their leader, also lying on the floor.
“I…” the brown haired rapper sat up, crouching slightly as he observed himself in the mirror. Should he really?
Yeah… yeah he should… but… but then again… what if…?
He doubted. Doubted himself… what he was going to do… if it was the right thing to do. 
‘Mark is going to kill me’ went through his head. But still, he knew… he just knew, it was the right thing to do! 
Slowly, he sighed, turning around to the other five, starring at them. 
“Yah! Get up es!” he suddenly exclaimed (he hated being ignored), making the others wincing at his loud voice “I’m trying to tell you something here! At least, I wanna see your faces, when I do…” the last part was only murmured, but with the only other noises being hard breathing and light snoring – Bambam had actually managed to fall asleep – it could be heard well enough.
‘Looks like it’s important’ Jinyoung thought, as he lazily sat up, helping JB as he was at it. 
“Aright buddy… what is it?” the leader opened the conversation, as all of them – except the Thai boy, they had mercy on him and let him sleep – surrounded their brown haired rapper, who was now a fidgeting mess. 
“I… I…” the Hong Kong native drew a long breath. He had to calm down. In… and out… In… and out. 
“Yes…?” Yugyeom looked expectant, one eyebrow raised. 
“I… I have to tell you something” Jackson began once more, “I… I think you have a right to know… I mean… being a band and living together and all…” again, he halted. Only for a few seconds, though.
Now or never.
“I… I like boys” he said in a quiet voice, “I’m gay…” he could almost feel the shocked eyes which surrounded him. How the air had tensed above their heads. How their breath hitched. They were surprised, to say the least. Well… he could imagine why. He wasn’t exactly the type of guy one would expect to be gay… he had heard it often enough when he was back in Hong Kong. Someone like him… just wasn’t gay. Or, that’s what most people thought anyway.
He didn’t look at the other members, his friends. He couldn’t. He was too afraid of their reactions. Now it was out. One of his biggest secrets. 
“Oh…” Youngjae began, was the first to awake from the shock “well… I mean…“, okay, maybe not. Cautiously, Jackson peaked up. Okay… they didn’t look disgusted. That was a good start. Carefully, he uncurled himself a little, straightening his back just a tiny bit. 
“That’s okay” Jinyoung piped in, being the mother hen he was, earning everyone’s agreeing nods. And it made everything just a little bit easier. Thankful, the rapper gave the black haired boy a shy smile. Thank you. He got an encouraging, gummy smile in return.
“And… I mean…” their leader was the next to speak, drawing everyone’s attention as he nervously kneaded his hands “do you have, well… do you have a boyfriend?” he obviously didn’t really know how to ask, but still, Jackson could see the curiosity glimmering in the slightly elder’s eyes. 
And well,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter