Knowing

The new tenant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! Sorry for the long hiatus.

 

 

 

 

 

“Come visit us again okay, Hana.”

When Sunggyu walked into the lawn, he found Mrs. Kim was sending a girl through the front door. Woohyun was standing beside his mom. Sunggyu stared at the girl who had ash brown flower braid hair, with average height for girls, big dark brown eyes and a cute smile.

“Study hard, okay.” She was ruffling the owner’s son’s hair before she left. Sunggyu saw how Woohyun was jutting his lips while whining “oww-noona-stop-doing-that-i’m-not-a-kid-anymore.” It was pretty disturbing for Sunggyu to see how Woohyun was trying to act all manly and matured towards the girl, where in actuality Sunggyu was pretty sure that the girl found that brat to be disgustingly cute when he was acting like that.

“Hello.” The girl said to him. Sunggyu replied back spontaneously while bending his body. He couldn’t help but stared at the girl’s long and pristine leg that seemed to went on forever.

Sunggyu smiled when the girl walked pass him and continued making her way onto the side walk.

“Wow~ Who is she, Mrs. Kim? She’s so stunning!” Sunggyu said when he was sure that the girl had already disappeared at the corner of the street.

“Park Hana.” Mrs. Kim laughed. “She used to be this brat home tutor.” Mrs. Kim said. Sunggyu eyed Woohyun and the boy huffed while looking sideways.

“Ma, stop supplying him information about me.” Woohyun said. “I’ve been telling you he is a ert.” Woohyun breathed quietly.

On what ground does that brat think Sunggyu is a ert? If it wasn’t because of Mrs. Kim standing there at the moment, Sunggyu would had kick the purple haired boy’s stomach as fast as how Bruce Lee kicking his enemies in the movies.

Sunggyu decided he just wanted to pretend that he did not hear the words and be the bigger man. To Sunggyu, talking to Woohyun felt exactly like talking to a telephone pole. He is not going to understand a word being said to him because he pretty much prefers not to understand anything explained to him.

“Woohyun-ah, the world do not only revolve around you.” Mrs. Kim said.

“Do whatever you want, ma. I’m out!” Woohyun said while stomping his feet into the house.

“I’m really sorry.” Mrs. Kim said while taking a seat on the bench. “Woohyun is such a bratty kid.” Mrs. Kim continued. “He was actually a very sweet kid, but puberty surely hit him like a truck that made him changed too much.”

“It’s alright, me myself has a bunch of students just like Woohyun, but I wouldn’t call that puberty, Mrs. Kim.” Sunggyu said. “-because he is not in high school anymore.”

“Call it whatever you want, Sunggyu-ah.” Mrs. Kim said. “I guess he is just a late bloomer.”

“I guess so. I bet he just still couldn’t forget the punch that I gave him. I’m really sorry for that Mrs. Kim.” Sunggyu said.

“It is alright. He did deserve that for sneaking around like a thug.” Mrs. Kim said. She laughed a little. Maybe she was still remembering about the incident.

“Eheh~”

“Enough talking about that.” Mrs. Kim said. “He thinks I didn’t know, but I knew already that he has a crush on that girl.” Mrs. Kim whispered. “For years! I guess, almost half of his life!”

“Oh really?” Sunggyu widened his eyes. Actually, it wasn’t quite a surprise to him, considering how Woohyun reacted towards the girl before. Sunggyu wouldn’t had thought he would be out there, on the bench, gossiping about the landlord’s son, with an old lady. Funny how his life had turned around so much just by living there.

“Yeah, but he has no balls to confess.” Mrs. Kim said. Sunggyu snorted. “I feel like I’m raising a very shy daughter this whole time because he did not make a move at all.” Mrs. Kim sighed. “Just like his father.” She added. “I was the one who proposed to him.”

Sunggyu’s eyes turned as big as saucers.

“Oh well, you’re really something, Mrs. Kim.” Sunggyu said. “What about the girl? Does she also has feeling for your Woohyun?” Sunggyu continued.

“Nahhh! She came here to invite us to her wedding!” Mrs. Kim said. “The lucky guy is a lawyer.”

“Ouch! Condolences to you-” Sunggyu said. “-but, Woohyun is still young.” Sunggyu said, not pretty sure what tone he was trying to convey, whether it was a question or a statement.

“Yeah,” Mrs. Kim nodded. “but not everyone is like that Miss Park Hana. She’s a gem you know.” Mrs. Kim said. “And Woohyun just wasted her on someone else.”

Sunggyu knitted his eyebrows.

“I bet she is older than him a few years, right?”

“Like five years or so.” She continued. “Uri Woohyun is only twenty-two.” Mrs. Kim said. “She’s been tutoring him since he was in middle school.”

“A noona then.” Sunggyu said. “Are you okay with that much , Mrs. Kim?”

Mrs. Kim laughed wildly.

“Marrying noona is a trend now, Sunggyu-ah.” Mrs. Kim said, trying to control her laugh. “I bet you yourself had a fair share of noonas as your crushes.”

“Ah~~” Sunggyu hated to admit it but Mrs. Kim was right. He had a scrapbook with pictures of seniors that he had a crush on during high school. Talking about how old-school Sunggyu was. But he lost it after his family moved to the country.

“If I am not this old hag right now, I would propose to you already, Sunggyu-ah.” Mrs. Kim laughed while pinching Sunggyu’s .

“Heh! Heh! He~” Sunggyu faked a big laugh.

 

 

+

 

“And why the hell is he having dinner with us right now?” Woohyun said across the table when Sunggyu was receiving a bowl of rice from Mrs. Kim at the dinner table.

“Thank you, Mrs. Kim.” Sunggyu said. He was ignoring the landlord’s son complain.

“Mind your manner, Woohyunnie.” Mrs. Kim said while hitting her son’s head with the rice ladle. Woohyun shrieked while screaming ‘Eommaaa! Chinchaa!!!’. “It’s not polite to talk like that to people in front of the food!”

“Mrs. Kim, if this is going to be a problem, I better eat at the stall.” Sunggyu said while trying to stand from the floor. And, of course they were sitting on the floor since Mrs. Kim likes sitting on the floor while eating just like old times, well, that’s what she said the previous time Sunggyu was there.

“No, just sit down and eat, dear.” Mrs. Kim said. “And Woohyun, stop being a brat, I told you before Sunggyu here is going to eat with us everyday during dinner because I offered him to cook dinner for additional price and he agreed to it.”

“But I didn’t agree, ma!” Woohyun said. Woohyun glared at Sunggyu with all his heart. And Sunggyu pretty sure he could feel that because he swore how he almost saw black aura coming out of the guy’s body, burning like fire.

“I wasn’t asking permission from you, Woohyun-ah.” Mrs. Kim said. “I was just informing you so you wouldn’t be surprised like last time.” She ate nonchalantly while continue looking at the tv screen, watching a prime-time drama. “Why is that girl dying her hair again? She looks better with black hair!”

Mrs. Kim took a the remote and raised the volume.

“You were coercing my ma to do this, right? You ert?” Woohyun talked under his breathe so his mom couldn’t hear him. He gave Sunggyu a dirty look.

“No, I didn’t.” Sunggyu whispered.

“Don’t lie. I just can’t stand watching you eating at the same table with me.”

“Woohyun, if you don’t shut up and eat, there is always the bench outside where you can eat in peace.” Mrs. Kim said while placing fried chicken drumsticks on both Woohyun and Sunggyu’s bowl. Woohyun jumped a little bit hearing his mother’s comment. Sunggyu knew Mrs. Kim was threatening her son because the moment when she said that, Woohyun cowered and started eating calmly like nothing had ever happened before.

Sunggyu realized there was something about Mrs. Kim that he did not know about. Because Woohyun turned into a cat in not time after one single comment from his mother.

 

 

+

 

 

Sunggyu was sitting at the bench outside again, marking the test papers when he heard someone at the gate. It had become a habit of him since he moved there. He loved how Mrs. Kim had a furnace outside. Because of that, during winter, they could still hang out and had tea or coffee while enjoying the night stars. But Sunggyu had to light it first before he could sit there or he would turn into an ice statue if he did not do that.

“Sorry for intruding, excuse me, is Woohyun home?” An adonis who was wearing all black including a cap was standing at the door step.

“Yes, he is inside.” Sunggyu smiled and eyed him. He smiled back at Sunggyu. This kid was really handsome. He could be a model or something because of his face and his figure. “Who are you?”

“I’m Woohyun’s friend.” He said. “Can I wait for him here.” He said while motioning his hand towards the bench.

“Yeah, sure.” Sunggyu said.

And he is polite too.

It is hard to find youngsters nowadays with good personality. Sunggyu did not know what happened to younger generations. They had lost their respect toward elders. But it felt nice sometimes when he met youngsters with manners. Just like this guy in front of him. But sadly, he befriended that ill-mannered Woohyun. Sunggyu was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter