and then the melody has started to fill

For Me, You're A Piece of Peace

“Eonni, thank you for today” Joy hugged Irene.
“Aigoo. Our Joyie~” she hugged her back while patting her back.
“Are you sure about it? You need this though” Joy pouted.
“I help you cause I want to help my sister, not to get any pocket money. Your parents prepared food for me though.” She lifted food containers in plastic bag that Joy’s parents gave for her. “If I accept this money what would they think about me?” Irene scrunched her nose.
“but still..”
“it’s okay. I’m going now. Tell your parents that I really am happy to see them here.”
Irene left the apartement, waving to Joy. Joy accompanied her to the lobby. Joy’s parents were bankrupt and lived in a small house before but then their business got better and they moved to better place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Irene took a deep breath. She counted money that she will receive this month. I would just enough for rent. “I might be crazy. I need another job. I can’t work at convenience store anymore.. what a traitor. They kicked me. heol I only could depend on delivery calls” She knocked her head on table. “Junmyeon oppa shouldn’t know about this or he will lock me in this room” she lifted her head and got up. She grabbed her parka and walked outside.
“Cold!! This is annoying but winter is coming!” she clenched her teeth, wore her parka and left her room to go to somewhere.

Irene walked randomly until she found a paper sticked on the wall. She read it, it was a paper about job vacancy. “oh? They need people for music showcase? Woah.. I need to get this!” she quickly took a pic of the paper to get the address and contact person.

Irene sat on the corner of Seungwan’s coffee shop, Seungwan approached her and gave her a cup of warm milk.
“Drink it first, eonni.” She asked Irene. But Irene still didn’t hear her. She was the way too focus on writing her application.
“Eonni!” Seungwan raised her tone.
“Eoh?” Finally Irene looked at her, paid attention.
“I made you milk though!” Seungwan acted sulky.
“Eoh?” Irene saw the cup on table. “Thank youuuu uuuuu. I really am interested to this job. You know, I want to play piano here. They need people who can play instruments! Well- it’s only for a week or 2 weeks but I think it would help me to pay the rent hehe at least I can eat chicken this month” she smiled widely. Seungwan looked at her, pitiful.
“I’m sorry eonni. This coffee shop itself has little income. I didn’t pay you enough” she sighed.
“What are you saying? No no. it’s just our country’s living is too expensive” Irene chuckled.
"You even can joking now." Seungwan pouted, put her arms on table. "You will start again?" she asked Irene.
"What? Piano? You know I love it, right? I might not be as good as before. But I know I can. there is nothing I can't do when I try hard." she smiled.
"Will your fingers be okay?"
"My fingers are fine!~ it's been.. 5 years though"
she smiled, assured Seungwan that she is fine. Seungwan just nodded.

 

--Flashback--

There was a school festival at Irene and friends' high school. There are a lot of food stalls and even music performance. Irene was in charge for music performances as she was a senior back then. there was a food stalls near the stage, about 5 meters. Too close, indeed. But Irene couldn't even complaints cause the school set it like that. They used gas stove for frying twigim but then.. the stove exploded. Everyone was panic. They ran all over the places, tried to keep the distance from that burned stall. There was a girl trapped because the stall tore down. Irene saw her and tried to help her. Luckily she was safe. But stall pillars which was iron bars fell to Irene, she tried to hold it but it was too late. Her fingers were strangulated. She screamed in pain..

--Flashback ended--

---------------------------------------------------

                Bogum and Hyeri arrived at the place that will be Hyeri’s debut showcase. They looked around checking the preparation.
“What do you think?” Hyeri looked at Bogum, linked her arm with his.
“This place is good. Big enough for someone who start her debut” Bogum smiled.
“I know you’ll like this. I want you to sit at the 1st row. Understand? You must come!” she pointed her finger at him as if she warned him. They laughed.
“How is it going?”
“We just need some people to stage set and pianist.”
“pianist?”
“why? You wanna play it for me?”
Hyeri laughed.
“no- how could you trust anyone to play the piano on your debut?”
“they will hold audition first. Few of them would be auditioned today.”
“Ah.. really?”
“You wanna watch the audition? You have time, right?”
She pulled him. He just followed her.

      Irene tapped her foot. She was late. she kept looking at her watch. “How could I be late at this important day!” she quickly got on a bus.

                Bogum and Hyeri sat on audience seats in front of the stage, 4th row. They watched the audition until the audition was over.
“only 4 people?” Bogum asked.
Hyeri nodded. “We choose 10 pianists so far. I wonder why did the last pianist give up.” She shrugged. “They basically are chosen by their experiences. The last one who didn’t come I heard she even ever held a recital. I hope she could come though.” She sighed in disappointment. “Let’s go. I’m hungry” Hyeri offered her hand. Bogum nodded and grabbed her hand. They were about to leave the venue when suddenly a beautiful melody started to play. Someone played the piano!

--Flashback--

She was diagnozed by doctor, she couldn't play piano anymore. She was stress. Piano is something that she could never give up. Before the festival, she even held a recital and she even got to sign contract after she graduate. But her dream to be pianist was faded away because of it. She were down for few months after her graduation. Then Junmyeon came to her, introduced her to drawing. She started to love drawing but then it's just her hobby cause somehow she misses playing piano. She only could forget her dream when she is working. That's why she took a lot of jobs. Not to let herself think about piano.

--Flashback ends--


“oh? I guessed it’s her!” Hyeri stopped her step and turned around. Bogum squinted trying to catch the clear figure of the pianist. Her gold blonde hair was stunning, she tied her hair but it was still messy. She wore a suit that usually musicians of orchestra wear. The music that she played wasn’t easy. It’s level rather hard or difficult. Her fingers moved rapidly to play the piano keys.
“I want her!” Hyeri said in excitement. She quickly ran to some judges. The judges seemed agree with her. While Bogum still looked at the pianist, curious. Her face was covered by the grand piano cover. He never listened to piano which could sound like violin at the same time. It’s like a combination from both of them. He closed his eyes, trying to enjoy the play until the end. He spontaneously clapped for that mysterious pianist. He walked toward Hyeri to see who was the pianist as Hyeri was approaching the stage to meet the pianist.
“Hello, I’m Hyeri and you accepted as my pianist for my debut! Your piano skill is awesome!” she offered her hand for handshake.
The pianist smiled, bowed and then shook her hand. “Thank you, it’s such an honor for me to join you on your debut stage. I’m Irene.”
Bogum looked at the pianist. It’s Irene! Joohyun who he knows!
“Joohyun-ssi?” Bogum doubtfully  greeted her. Irene looked at the person who greeted her.
“Eoh? Bogum-ssi?” She widened her eyes.
Hyeri smiled in confusion. “So, you two.. know each other?” she asked.
Bogum and Irene just answer with nodding. Hyeri smiled happily. “That’s even greater! Let’s have lunch with us, Irene-ssi” She wrapped her arm around Irene’s shoulder. “I’m so happy today.” She said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How is it?
Hope you like my clumsy writing hehe ^^