4th meeting?

For Me, You're A Piece of Peace

“Bogum-ah~” a girl with short hair and lemon colored dress entered Bogum’s office. Cheerfully run to him and gave him a back hug. Bogum saw her and widened his eyes.
“Hyeri-ya..”

--------------------------------------------

“Why don’t you look for another job? Normal one” Junmyeon said while leaning on his pillow, sat on his bed.
“ehey.. is working at convenience store abnormal?” Irene  pursed her lips.
“hahaha it isn’t like that. You like drawing, why don’t you develop your own talent? I heard being a webtoon artist is a trend now.”
“I don’t know”
she shrugged. “I haven’t draw anything for few months”
“I took you to vacation though. I hope it can help you. It isn’t helping”
he sighed.
“No. It’s really help. I just don’t think I can” she grinned cheerfully.

                Irene hit her head few slowly on the table, she pressed her cheek on table.
“I have no idea..” she messed her own hair and threw the pencil from her hand. “Yak! Irene.. what’s wrong with you?” she stared at some drawings on the wall. “you were good..” she sighed. Irene is good at drawing, she created some stories but she never applied it to publisher. She thought that her drawings are not good enough to being published. But she really wanna try to apply one. Junmyeon knows it and tried to help her with giving her trip to Jeju.

--------------------------------

Hyeri sipped her tea, crossed her legs, sitting in front of Bogum.
“You don’t like to see me?” she asked, staring at Bogum intensively.
“I like to see you here. Welcome home.” He said in flat tone. Hyeri folded her arms.
“Bogum-ah, I’m disappointed” she acted cute, pretended to sulk. “I don’t think I should come here without your permission”
“I just.. think about some business. I was surprised that you came without telling me.”
“really? Whoah Bogum lost his ability to read someone’s mind? I told you last week on the phone. ‘Korea’s breeze may be good for me’. You can’t tell?”
She smiled. Bogum shook his head, looked at her.

                Bogum and Hyeri were out for lunch. Bogum kept being cold toward her but hyeri looked don’t care and kept flirting. She interlocked her fingers with Bogum’s free hand while he was driving.
“It’s dangerous.” He said.
“why? Because you can’t focus and your heart feels like explode?” she chuckled.
“hm” Bogum answered it short.
“Do you by any chance get angry with me?”
“why would I?”
they arrived at a five star hotel. Bogum stopped his car in front of the main entrance, got off from car and gave the key to valley-parking officer. Hyeri approached him and linked her arm with his.

                They sat on the table that they reserved first. Hyeri put her palms on her chin, put her elbows on the table, staring at Bogum.
“what do you want to eat?” he asked.
“Everything” she answered with playful manner.
“You can gain weight.” He read the menu, flipped the pages, looked for something that he really wanna eat. “stop staring at me like that. People might think you’re crazy or something” he added. Hyeri laughed.
“See? You never changed.”
“Then steak?”
Bogum kept asking the food to Hyeri without mind her another topic. Hyeri smiled and nodded. Bogum called a waiter and the waiter took his order.
“Two sirloin steak, medium well and we want Aglianico del Vulture 2007 (*name of Italian wine)” the waiter wrote all of their order and left them.
“Wooo~ you have sense. You order medium well. Just like my favorite”
“I like it too”
he looked around.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyeri entered an office, people greeted her politely and bowed. “finally you come, Miss” a middle aged woman who looked so fine with her blazer and office skirt, handed a pile of files to Hyeri.
“Eoh.” She answered it short. “so, when we could start the opening?”
“We will hold a showcase this weekend and charity mini concert two days later.”
“So far so good, imo (auntie)”
she casually hugged her as they entered an office.
“you’ll debut like.. finally. Happy?” her aunt smiled and released the hug.
she nodded. “after I debuted as singer here. I’ll marry Bogum” she smiled, excited about all her plans.

                Irene cleaned up a table at a coffee shop. Suddenly a drop of blood dripped on table.
“omo.. trouble trouble!” she quickly looked up. Seungwan approached her.
“what is it again?” she gave her a handkerchief and pulled the chair, made her sit. “you must be tired. Did you spend all night long at store?”
Irene just nodded. Seungwan looked at her with pitiful stare. “I’m okay.”
“do you need a lot of money?”
she asked. Irene shook her head.
“I’m just enjoying my works.” She grinned.

That coffee shop is Seungwan’s parents’ and Irene worked there every day, besides her tons of jobs. Yeri entered the shop with Seulgi and Sooyoung (Joy).
“Eonnideul, Annyeong!” she cheerfully greeted Irene and Seungwan. “Eonni.. why?” she saw Irene and started to be worry.
“nosebleed again?” Joy put her backpack on the chair beside Irene.
“I’m fine though” Irene replied.
“You shouldn’t force yourself though.” Seulgi sat beside Joy. Yeri nodded.
“how was your practice?” Irene asked.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Irene kicked nothing while walking. She sighed. “Ah.. hungry..” she checked her pocket. They were only 5000 won. “what should we eat~ kimbab? Well.. I should take a bus tomorrow.” She sighed again and put money back in her pocket. She walked to Han River side then sat on the grass. “Nice view! I never knew that looking at this view could be this great.” She laid on the ground and closed her eyes. Suddenly her phone rang, she grabbed her phone and saw Junmyeon’s name on the screen. She answered the call.
“Eoh?”
“Where are you now?”
he asked.
“Han riverside.”
“what are you doing there? You should go home. It’s late. Have you eat?”
“ng.. already! I ate a lot. I feel like my tummy could explode in no time.”
She lied, didn’t want make Junmyeon worry.
“hahahaha that’s good. I’m in Tokyo now.”
“Really? How is your mother?”
“She is good. She passed out yesterday.”
“she needs you. Be good to her.”
“hahaha okay. You. You should take care of yourself while I’m not around. Don’t get sick without my permission. Mm.. I miss you.”
“ah?”
Irene startled as she heard ‘I miss you’ from Junmyeon. “ng.. okay. I.. I should go now! Your phone bill will turn out millions won now. Bye!” she hung up. She bit her lower lip. “since I’m her younger sister..” she nodded, making own estimation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bogum was jogging near the riverside as he saw someone that he know, laid on the ground. He noticed her by her sneakers. It was Irene’s sneakers that she wore at convenience store, working.  He approached her. He was about to greeted her when she talked to herself. “is it normal to be this hungry? Joohyun-ah.. you drank liters of milk in the morning.. well- they were almost expired though. Lucky you” she kept talking while closing her eyes. Bogum heard all of it and slowly walked back, tried not to got caught by her. He ran somewhere, left her.

He found a nearest convenience store. He bought some breads, milk, vitamin water and triangle kimbabs. After that, he ran back to Irene’s place. She still laid there, she fished out her phone.
“If I take a photo of the sky.. would the stars be showed?” she raised her arms and started to take pics. “oho.. I can’t see anything.” She repeated it again, Bogum grabbed her phone.
“Irene-ssi, annyeonghaseyo” he smiled. Irene startled and quickly got up.
“eoh? Bogum-ssi?” she bowed at him. Bogum smiled and gave her phone back. “what are you doing here?” Irene grinned, still awkward.
Bogum showed the plastic bag. “I’m gonna eat my supper”
“ah.. I see. The view is good here. Eating your snacks would be great here he he..”
she said, suddenly her stomach growling. She bit her lips, “how embarrassing..” she looked down.
Bogum smiled widely. “Would you accompany me? I bought a lot”
“I should go home, it’s late hm..”
“really? It’s disappointing. I think it would be fun if I have someone to accompany me to eat though. To be honest I don’t really like eating alone” Bogum persuaded her, Irene looked to random path, didn’t dare to look at Bogum. “so, what do you think? Irene-ssi?”
“because.. I hate eat alone too. So.. I think it isn’t bad idea to stay a bit longer”
she grinned awkwardly and sat on the ground. Bogum sat beside her and opened a triangle kimbab for her.
“this” he offered the kimbab.
“ah.. thank you.” Irene took it and started to eat. Bogum stared at her for awhile then smiled. Irene noticed it. “you smile a lot. You must be a happy person.” She munched her kimbab. Bogum smiled again. “hm.. I don’t know either. Am I weird that way?”
Irene shook her head “nah.. You’re fine. The way too fine that someone might easily fall for you.” Suddenly their eyes met, Irene choked when she finally back to her mind. She coughed, Bogum opened vitamin water bottle and asked her to drink first. He slightly laughed. “how cute” he thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

                Bright day, the sunshine came through Irene’s room window. Her room is on rooftop. She rent it by Junmyeon’s help. Irene moved her body not to touched by the sunshine. She quickly got up as she found it’s morning already. “aish! I’m late” She messed her hair then ran to bathroom.

Finished washed her self, she saw a plastic bag with a store sign on it. She tilted her head and remembered what happened lastnight.

--Flashback--

“Joohyun-ssi, is your house far from here?” Bogum asked while looking at Irene who looked tired and sleepy. Irene shook her head.
“you can see my tiny place from here.” She pointed to a room on a building. Her place isn’t far from where she met Bogum when she distributed brochure and coupons which is near to Bogum’s house as well. But Bogum’s place is located at elite place. Her place is two blocks further.
“You live on a building? Isn’t it cold in winter?” he asked. She nodded and sighed.
“nowadays.. room like mine is expensive though. It’s better than living in a sauna” she grinned playfully. “Bogum-ssi? Where do you live?”
“me? I live near here. We live in the same neighbor hood.”
He smiled. “come on! I wanna know your place, exactly where is it?” he grabbed Irene’s arm and started to walk again. Irene just looked at him, confused.

Arrived in front of the building, they stopped and blankly stared at the entrance. They holded hands. Irene loosen up their hands.
“hm.. so.. thank you for tonight. I mean for the meal and walk me home.” She looked down awkwardly.
“ah.. yes. It’s nothing. Besides, it’s dangerous for a girl to walk alone late night. Please don’t walk alone. And.. call me when you finished your work late.” Bogum said. Irene blinked her eyes few times while looked at Bogum with blank expression.
“yes? Call?”
“I.. I mean.. maybe we can go home together since we live in the same neighborhood”
he laughed in awkward manner. Irene laughed along, awkward.
“huh? Hahaha yes I will.” She rubbed her nape.
“but..”
“yes?”
“You don’t have my number, right?”
Bogum smiled sheepishly.
“oh yes, I don’t know?” Irene fished out her phone from her pocket and gave it to him. Bogum dialed his phone with her phone.
“now, we’re connected” he showed his phone to Irene. Irene nodded and smiled.

--Flashback Ended--

Irene took a bus to Joy’s place. She said that she moved to new apartement with her parents and asked Irene for help, her parents will give her pocket money. She looked outside the window and her watch 07:20 AM. “ah.. I should’ve just sleep at home.” She sighed. She opened her bag and took a bread and a bottle of banana milk that Bogum gave last night. She reminisce how Bogum smile and all the kindness that he showed. “he won’t fake it, right? He truly is a good person” she sipped the milk and started to eat the bread. “Re-charge! You need tons of energy!” she made fists and lifted her hands as if she gained energy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I tried to pay my sins(?)
double update?
no no. triple! see you on next chapter. click next now!!