2nd meeting

For Me, You're A Piece of Peace

“Dear God, why shoud I live in this part-time world?” Irene lifted up a box from her bike. She put it on the ground and squat down to open the box. She opened the seal and opened it. It’s a box full with pamphlets, coupons and brochures from some restaurants that she should deliver around. She sighed, sat on the floor and leaned on the wall.

                It’s weekend, Bogum called some friends to hang out with him today. He and his friends decided to go to basketball field near the Han river. The weather was good and he didn’t reject it. He went out from his home by foot. He wore a pair of white running shoes, light grey training pants and navy blue t-shirt with wolf printed on it, he also wore his light grey beanie. “The weather is so nice” he inhaled some fresh air.

                On his way to basketball field, Bogum met a boy who delivered newspapers. That boy looks in difficulty. Bogum came to him.
“why do you look so confused?” he tap his shoulder. That boy startled and looked down. “Maybe I can help you” Bogum added while smiling.
“This.. mm.. hyung.. I should deliver this newspaper to the owner of this house. But I can’t put the newspaper inside that postbox. The owner always complain me cause I put it on the ground or tuck it on his fence. But as you see I can’t reach it. This waste my time to deliver to another place.” He sighed heavily. Bogum pat his head.
“why are you so stressful, kid?” he grabbed some newspapers from the kid. He put one in the box. “done. You need to deliver to another district, right? I’ll deliver the rest here” he pointed the way that he will walk over with his thumb. The boy looked confused. Bogum grinned “who is your name?”
“Myung.. Hun..”
he stuttered.
“Myunghun-ah, I’ll deliver it. Hyung should walk over that so hyung can deliver it. I know where these should be delivered. It’s almost 8 so you better go now. Don’t skip your meal and drink milk too, ok?” He turned around and left the boy who bow at him and ran to deliver to another district.

                Bogum started deliver the newspaper to houses all the way his walk. Five newspapers left, he smiled in relief. “Five more.. Let’s do this, Bogum-ah” he continued walking. Irene was on the opposite with him, she saw him. “eoh? Isn’t he Jeju boy? Bogum-ssi?” she tilted her head and squinted to observe him. “It’s really him! What is he doing?” She approached Bogum.
“Bogum-ssi!” she waved while pushing her bike beside her.
“eoh?” Bogum looked at her. “Joohyun?”
“ne! Annyeonghaseyo”
she bowed a bit. “Nice to meet you here”
“ne”
Bogum bowed too. “I’m happy to meet you here” he smiled.
“What are you doing anyway?” Irene looked at the newspapers on his hands.
“Before.. I met..” Bogum tried to explain but then Irene cut his words and talked.
“Ah.. you deliver newspapers” Irene nodded as she understand the situation. “you must wake up earlier. You even haven’t done yet.” She grinned.
“hm.. yeah. I’m late” Bogum smile sheepishly, just agree with Irene’s statement. “Irene-ssi also deliver things?” He peeked at Irene’s box at the passenger seat of her bike.
“I should distribute these pamphlet and brochure. And.. coupons! Ah I just remember this” she opened the box and took some coupons. “which one do you like the most? Tangsooyuk? Chicken? Jjajjangmyeon?” she offered the coupons. “You can get free food with these. The restaurants’ addresses are on the coupons. I’m sharing it with you now. As my ‘thank you’. I was afraid that I can’t meet you anymore to thank you because I think you live in Jeju. Omo! I should go to store now! Nice to meet you” she bowed and quickly ride her bike, left Bogum behind. Bogum stared at the coupons on his hand. “what an interesting girl” He smiled.

                After had a short match with his friends, Bogum and his friends decided to go to convenience store.
“Ya ya! Let’s go. I’ll buy the beverage. My treat.” The guy named Sungwook said.
“ehey! Why are you so proud to say it loudly. You’ll only buy us mineral water” Bogum’s friend, Jinwoo laughed. Then the others laughed. Bogum just laughed along with them and walked beside his friends calmly.
“Bogum-ah, you never change huh? Anyway.. Are you still in relationship with Hyeri?” the one who is curious, Minha asked. Bogum’s expression suddenly changed. Jinwoo looked at him.
“If you don’t wanna talk about it. We’re fine” He wrapped his arm around Bogum’s shoulder. Bogum smiled.
“No. I’m fine with it. She called me once a week. She might arrive in Korea in few days.” Bogum answered.

                Irene helped a customer to warm his rice box and gave his change after it. “Eat deliciously” Irene bowed. Then she went out from the counter to tidy up snack shelf. “Eish! Those schooler.. why don’t they pick snack carefully. Why should they pick snack at behind. It’s the same brand though” Irene mumbled.
“You shouldn’t talk like that. Your customer might heard and feel hurt somehow.” Someone talked to Irene.
“huh?” Irene turned around and took a look. She dropped the snack on her hands as she saw Bogum. “Bo- Bogum-ssi?”
“We meet again. What a good day I have. You worked here too?”
“y-yes.”
Irene awkwardly smiled. Bogum picked the snacks which fell on the floor and put it back on the shelf.
“You have a lot of jobs” he smiled at her.
“I’m queen of part-time job!” Irene put her thumb up. They laughed.
“Eoh? Your name-“ Bogum read the nametag.
“Ah.. yes. Irene.”
“What a beautiful name. Means ‘peace’ from Greek history. It suits you well”
Bogum explained.
“y-yes? I’ve just known it by now.” Irene widened her eyes. Bogum let a soft chuckle.

“Bogum-ah! Come on!” Bogum is being called by his friends. He said goodbye to Irene then went out with his friends after they paid their stuffs. Irene bowed as she said goodbye too. “His friends look rich. Their outfits.. I could tell that it’s expensive. Is he rich too? But why did he deliver newspapers? Ehey.. Of course rich people could be friend with ordinary people” she shook her own head.

-----------------------------------------

“Daepyonim, there is someone who asks to meet you.” Bogum’s secretary called Bogum who is staying inside his office, learning about new projects through the documents on his table.
“Who?”
“She said she is your old friend..”
“Let her in”

---------------------------------------------

“why are you sick like this? Ya! Ahjussi!” Irene went to visit Junmyeon who is sick at his apartement.
“why do you act like this to a person who is still sick with high fever?”
Irene flicked his forehead “You went for drink and karaoke, right?”
“Ouch! It was meeting”
“You must be kidding me!”
she acted like about to hit him.
“I know I know my fault. Sorry. Thanks for coming”
“I’ll be mad if you didn’t call me though.”
Irene blew the porridge that she bought earlier for feeding Junmyeon.
“your jobs?”
“is it important now?”
“of course. You can’t live without  your jobs.”
“I can live. You can marry me”
Irene sticked her tongue.
“Ehey stop teasing me. I could take it seriously.” He smiled, still weak.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry for very very very late update.
I'm a institute student and I'm in my last years.. hoho
kinda busy. i'm trying to write when I got any idea. thank you readers!
Your comments somehow make me strong >< hehe