He's ....

Just a little a bit of —

Day 1.

 

 

 

 

Marie came out of the black sedan with the song ‘fancy’ played behind her. I’m so fancy, you already know—

“Marie! How to turn off the radio??” A voice stopped her from leaving the car, “And what kind of song is this?!”

After A sighed, Marie rolled her eyes and turned around, “Its fancy by iggi azayela— ya that western singer!!” and went back to the car, “Dad, how could you not recognize your own car??”

“And how could you not spell a person’s name correctly?” The male-old version of Marie buckled back, “Well, my dear, make sure to study well and have fun! Don't be late for dinner!” He said before leaving the drop off area.

 


Huft, Okay, Hair? Check. Uniform? Check. Books? che— wait, I think I left my math book... anyway, wallet? Check. Me? Flawless. She grinned and closed the front camera of her phone, “Now let's go and have some fun—“

“Park Marie you’re going to stay late for the remedial class,”. 

Marie widened her eyes, “Wae?”

And so the woman who was heading her way to the classroom turned around and made her stop, “Park Marie, you have a remedial class after school” and smiled. “Now please pull down your skirt and get into the class”. 

Haish…..

 


 

“Marie! Let's go to this new karaoke place after school!” Suzy wrapped her arms on the girl who stayed in her chair even after the bell rang, “My treat!”

“No… I have a remedial class…” Marie hissed and continued her writing, “How about tomorrow?”

Suzy pouted and sat next to her, “Tomorrow? But the discount is only until today!” as she tried to pull off her cute face and beg, “Please… you can always skip it! Like what you did

“On the last four remedial classes. Suzy, my brain need to cope up with my looks” She put down her pencil and looked at her friend, “You’re not going alone right? Minah and Yoora will also be there, right?”. Suzy nodded. “Then just go with them, I’ll make up next time” Marie ruffled the long hair of her friend, “Ah, Bae Suzy you’re getting more pretty and prettier… I wish I could borrow your brain”

“Fine!” Suzy got up and hugged her friend before she left the class, “But since you decided to be more diligent, you should really think about joining that study group!”

Marie nodded and gave Suzy an ‘ok’ hand.

 

 

 

 

For god sake, I never thought that I’m lacking of brain cells…. She put down the papers and sulked on the table. A glimpse of Red Marks, and the number ’40’, ’50’ and even ’30’ were scattered in front of her. Park Marie how are you going to pass the class—

“Park Marie,”. Marie sat herself and turned her face to the door, “Can you come with me?” A boy waved a hand on her and told her to walk up to him.

“Why? Can't you see I’m busy?”

The boy just chuckled and walked to her, “I can see that you’re busy admiring your grades, but really, I think you really need to come with me”

“Why?”

“Cause its lunchtime and my friend is looking for you—“

“Male or female?”

“ma— male…” He stated.

Marie shook her head and leaned back to her desk, “Ah… then I’m not interested…”

“But— but its Ahn Jaehyo—“

“Ahn Jaehyo?!” Marie straightened her back, “ah… Really?! jae— Jaehyo Oppa?? Ah… bad timing dude! Bad timing!” and pouted, “yeah, tell him that unfortunately, Marie is busy… maybe tomorrow— wait, I will probably have a schedule tomorrow with suzy… so wednesday— Oh damn! I have to watch this anime— I mean, show, yeah— well—“

“So you can't, right?” The boy shrugged. “That's okay, i'll just tell him that you'll be busy until... thursday?"

"yup! maybe thursday!" So Jaehyo Oppa, huh?

 

 

 

 

Marie looked at the clock above the white board and there were only 10 minutes left before everyone went back to the class. She then started to move around and stood next to the window where she could see the crowd on the field. From the third floor, she could see some boys running around to chase a ball with their feet, and some girls that screamed from the bench, cheering same name. How on earth I am not one of them… She pursed her lips and clucked, as she suddenly remember something;

“Marie… don't lie to me…” Yoora pinched her cheek, “Who’s your ex? Huh?”.

Suzy and minah just giggled while still having their eyes on Marie, “Yeah, Come on, we just want to know!”

“Haish, I told you, I never had a boyfriend” Marie rolled her eyes “Park Marie is seventeen and she have a clean records” and changed her frown into a smirk, “I’m untouchable and exclusive, I’m expensive”

The three girls just laughed, “Hahaha, Park Mildang!” and continued to goof around, “Ya, really, I think you need to find one, the prom is on saturday!!”

“if it's you then I bet you’re going to say something like; ‘Ah, My dad won't allow me to go to the prom’ or some like that” Minah scoffed, “But too bad that we all know that your dad would be happier than you if he could see you walking home while holding onto a gentleman’s arm”

“Knock it off….”

“Come one! Just pick any of the guys! Is not that hard!”

‘Not that hard my , how could you go to your first prom with a random guy?!’


She already turned around and found the class filled with people.

“Bae Suzy,” And there were two people in the middle, a girl with a red-blushing cheek, and a boy who kneeled in front of her, “Will you go to prom with me?”

Ah, Obviously. Marie puffed an air and smiled, in a count of three, one… two… 

“Yes!! Of course! Minho Of course!” Suzy jumped onto the boy’s arm and hugged him.

Everyone just instantly cheered for them as they loudly clapped their hands and shouted, “Yeah! Min-Zy! Min-zy!”


Marie also became one with the crowd as she clapped her hands with a full excitement and gave the new couple her brightest smile, “yeah! You go girl!”

 

 

“Three of the four goddesses have found their prince,” Suddenly, a voice echoed in the class, “And so the goddess of wealth and prosperity, who’s your prom date??” and everyone shifted their eyes on Marie.

Oh … 

Whistles and grins started to heaved, “ya! Marie! Who’s the lucky guy??”

“lu— lucky guy?” The eyes of everyone were obviously intimidated her. “Em— well, its a secret, of course!” Marie gulped. 

“Whoot! Whoot! Ya! everyone! make sure to gave the two of them a special stage, okay!!!”

“OKAAAY!!”

Park Marie you’re dead….

 

 


 

 

“Come on! tell us! please! Who’s the lucky guy??” It's been more than fifteen minutes since Yoora, Minah and Suzy clung to Marie while doing lots of aegyo, “Pleasee! We won't tell anyone”

Marie you really are an idiot

“Is it Jinwoo?” Yoora turned Marie’s head onto the boy who sat behind them, who was looking towards Marie, with his big eyes and a cheeky smile. “Or Byungjoo??” Then continued at the boy who leaned on the door and were also having his eyes on Marie.

“Ah! i know! its Seung—“

“Guys, stop”” Marie just had to raise their hands and shoved them away, “When I say that it's a secret, then it's a secret” 

The three girls just pouted and got up, “Fine!”.

“But you have to introduce him to us before the prom!” Yoora exclaimed.

Yeah, right… “Sure, whatever you want… now, please, I need to go to my remedial class”. Marie also got up and cleaned her desk.

Suzy pecked her friend’s cheek and rushed out, “See you later Marie! Make sure to bring him the next time we hang out, okay?”

 


 

 

 

 

 

Marie brought all of her stuff up to the fourth floors. Her bags, books, notes, laptop, phone, everything must be carried all at once. 

“Ah, Marie, let me help you with that!” A boy showed up from one of the class and came to her.

“Oh, no, it's okay! I can do it myself” Marie warmly smiled at him and continued to walk. Nope, not that guy, definitely not that guy.

 

 

 

 


After she finally reached the highest floor, She breathed out with lots of gratefulness. Thank god I made it here alive— “Hey!”. Marie looked at her books and papers that were scattered on the floor, before she eyed at the boy who just brushed off her shoulder.

 The boy turned around just to bow nonchalantly, and then continued to run to the nearest class.

Marie could only take a glimpse on the tall figure, , As she started to feel agitated since It was the first time for someone to not give her a proper apologize. Thank god that it wasn't my laptop— phone!!! My phone!!.

She crouched down and picked up the phone with a cracked screen. What the— 

“Park Marie, the class has started already”. Marie looked up just to find her teacher who already stood in front of the door. “So you better not wasting your precious time”

Argh!!! 

 

 

 

Boys need to learn how to whisper.

“Eh? Marie is on the remedial class?”

“Bless this school, now I can work on this ty paper with a fresher eye!”

“Give me your phone!”

“For what?”

“Look at those legs—“

Marie got up from her seat and walked up to the front, “Seongsaengnim, I can't read from the back, can I move to the front seat?” and pointed at the last empty chair on the front row. Within the nod, The teacher allowed her to do so, Thank God. 

Her new seat was morally better, but still, it wasn't the best. She was only an inch away from the teacher’s table and it meant that She could only focus on her paper. No phone, Well its broken anyway, and no cheating, Tsk. 

She tried to look around and scanned at the situation. Not helping. The girl who sat on her right, she was her sunbae, and the boy who sat on her left was, No way....

As if he knew that Marie was thinking about her, He moved his eyes to the corner and stole a glance on her.

“Psst,” When the teacher came out of the class, Marie quickly made her attempt, “Can you help me with the—“

“Haahahahahah! Mino! Catch this!” The boy got up and threw a paper plane to the other boy on the  third row, “It's full of my love! ahahahah!”

“Jihoon you !” And the receiving party was more than happy to jump and catch the plane, “Ya, Jihoonie, Hold your babies, you’re sitting next to the prettiest!”

“Prettiest?” His laugh closed as he only parted his lips, “Where?” and look around.


Everyone burst out and started to clap around. “Ya! Pyoglet! you really are something!”

“Should we report him to the goddesses fan club??”

“Hahahahahaha!”


He just blankly stared at everyone as he felt completely lost. “What’s so funny about—“

“Ekhm,”. He looked down at the girl who was sitting next to him, “I’m Marie, nice to meet you”

“Oh, I’m Jihoon” He nodded, and sat back on his chair.

 


Marie, hold yourself, you can never kill a guy just because he socially murdered you with a stupid punch line and— oh God, he’s cute.

 

 

Her pure thoughts of evil were completely out of her brain, once she paid more attention on the figure next to her. The rather small and rounded eyes, the long and define nose, the thin pink lips, his eyebrows, his face structure in general, she was just captivated by how he looked at his test paper. “Ya, Pyo Jihoon, are you gay?”


“Huh?” Jihoon put down his pencil, only to eyed back the girl.

“I mean, it's okay, you know, I support gay marriage, and I don't see anything wrong with it! No one could ever prevent a person to love someone, so I’m just asking” Marie put on her warmest smile and play along with her eyes and hair. Yup, he’s gay.

“And why are you asking?”

Damn it his voice tho!!!!!!

“Hello?” Jihoon repeated, as he waved his hand in front of the girl’s face.

“Ah, yeah, well,” Marie was back in reality and sighed, “First of all, I’m sorry If my words didnt come as proper as it should,, I don't have any intention to make you uncomfortable, yeah, but I was asking because—“


“Now everyone please calmly leave the class as I will start to examine the papers, the result will be out before Friday, so for those who knows their capability, you still have three days to study. Thank you everyone”

 


Oh great. Ruckus of people trying to make their way out of the class were one of the things that she hate the most, Dear lord, can you not bump into my table?!, As she was being very protective towards her table. Ah! My pencil! My 3000 won pencil— 

“Eh? Sorry” that words followed the pencil that was stepped on by a feet. 

Marie closed her eyes, as she still remembered, just who owns that low and husky voice. “Ya, Jihoon—“. But then when she opened her eyes, she found the class was empty already, and the ruckus has made it ways towards the hallway. “Argh! seriously!?”

 

 

 

 

 


“Pyo Jihoon!!”.

There were about ten boys in total who immediately froze and turned around when they heard a high-pitched voice called for one of them. “ya, The goddess has summoned you” and so they started to push a guy to stand in front, “Ahahaha! you go Pyoman!”


The tallest one amongst them slowly made his move, “Me?”

“Yes, you! I want to talk to you!”. With that exclaimed, everyone except Marie and Jihoon continued their walk and eventually disappear as they stepped down the stairs.

 

Marie had to look up, so that she could properly look at the boy who was awkwardly keeping his distance from her. “Ehm, so, continuing the talk that we had before—“

“What talk?”

She flicked, “Huh? About Its okay if you’re not attracted to girl and—“

“For a queenka you really need to work on how you speak to a guy” He pulled his lips to the side, “Just skip to your point, what were you going to ask?”

“Oh, sorry” Marie bowed beforehand, “Well, okay, the point is, I want you to go to the prom with me” and just continue to the main idea, “Please?”

It was easy for Jihoon to answer the question, “No”

“Why?” She widened her eyes.

“Cause I don't want to” Jihoon shook his head, “And I don't plan to go there either”

“How about we make a deal! We go together, but then after one dance, you can go with that Mino guy or— yeah I forgot his name… anyway—”

Jihoon just stood still with his lips parted. “Still a no…”

“Wait, why? Its a win-win solution! you still get to be with mino and I—“ Marie left open as she tried to think, “And I…”

“And you what? How is it a win-win solution for you?”

“Well I get to— I get to keep my words…” She sighed, and turned around. “Ne— never mind, My reason is not right either, so, I’m sorry” Marie turned around then bowed, before she walked out of the hallway.

 


Tsk. “Ya! Marie!”. With that one call, she stopped herself from heading stepping the stairs. “I’m— I’m not done talking” Jihoon gulped as he averted her gaze. 

Marie changed the direction of her steps to the boy. “O— Okay”

Jihoon cleared his throat, “So why me?”

“Isn't that obvious?” Marie raised an eyebrow, “Cause you’re not attracted to me”.


He let out a sneer, “That's it? Just because of that?” 

“Well, don't blame me for my way of thinking! If you’re a not so smart person and you’re the talk of the school, you— you’ll probably do the same thing! I mean— you—“

“If that's your only reason, then I can introduce you to my friend—“

“And you’re cute, like, good looking cute”. Marie bit her lips as she avoided his eyes. “So it has to be you”. Along with her breaths, both of them took a few step back of awkwardness. “And!” After a while, she remembered something, “And you broke my phone and stepped on my favorite pencil! So— so its also a way to pay for those two other things—“

Jihoon gasped, “Huh???”.

“Yeah!!” marie grabbed his hand and dragged him back to the class, to her table. To the table where she put her dead-already phone and the now-is-two pencil. “And you didn't even apologize properly!”


From being dumbfounded, his expression changed into a full regrets. “Oh God…”

“See—“

Jihoon sat on one of the chairs and pouted, “Wae…” and made a sound of whining, “Wae?! Why now! Oh, God!”

 Marie bent down to levelled her eyes with his, “Why now what?”

“I— I dont have money… not this week… nor this month…” He cringed and turned into a complete puppy, “Ya… Give me two months… please?”

Aish he’s cuter than suzy… “No, you only have a month—“

“What?!”

“thats why, I’m offering a better way out,” Marie pulled a chair and sat in front of him, “be my prom"

"Ya! Ya! Ya! Whatever!"

 

 


 

Day 2.

 

“So, where is he?” Suzy looked around the cafeteria, “Where’s the lucky guy?”

Beneath her looks, Marie was holding a smug grin; Hah! You guys just have to see him—

“Ugh, please, look at that table, Dorks…” Yoora rolled her eyes after her eyes met the table on the corner of the room, who were full of boys and their loud noises. 

 

Oh dont tell me that he's actually one of them...

 

“I heard they’re all stupid and went to the remedial class together—“

“Ekhm,” Marie put down her chopstick and took a sip of her juice. “Ya, stupid people went to the remedial class, right?” 

Yoora chuckled, “Hahaha, You’re not stupid! You’re just unlucky” And pat her friend’s head, “And not all of them are stupid! Look, apparently Jaehyo  oppa is also one of them”

Marie choked on her drink, Ja— Jaehyo? When she saw him sitting next to Jihoon. 

“Hmm, I think they’re just noisy, and if you look closely, some of them are kinda cute, and totally a fan of our Park Marie” Minah nodded, “See? They’re totally checking on you, Marie!”

The quietest person on the table tried her best to not make it obvious, when she tried to check on the table. What her friends said was true, it was obvious that they were all talking about her while having their own minds and fantasy. Argh, — But one of them had a different eye than the rest of them, as he was the only person who didn't even care about her. Psst, Pyo Jihoon.

“You know, Marie, I’m really worried for you,” Suzy puffed an air, “Cause Minho said that most of your fanboy are ert”

I know.

“And that's why, you better tell your secret boyfriend to take care of them”

“Wait, wait, we’re not dating,” Marie raised a hand.

“Huh??”

Before everything got out of her hand, Marie wanted to clarify, “We’re not, so just accept it”.

 

 

 

“You guys just go first! I think I left my wallet in the cafeteria!”

“Oh! Okay!”

 

Marie ran back to the cafeteria with all her life, Argh, where is it?? But then when she arrived at the table that she sat on during lunch time, she found no trace of her belongings. Yaaa! Park marie you’re—

“Stupid,”. ‘Miraculously’, the wallet appeared right in front of her face, “How could you leave 70,000 won like that? I could really use this for my own needs, you know”.

She snatched the wallet and turn around and faced the same guy from yesterday. “Jihoon, thank you”. Damn, he’s even more handsome from—

“Ya?” Jihoon waved his hand in front of her face, “You okay?”

“Ehm? yeah! I was just wondering,” At that moment, she was thinking hard about how to continue her words, “Ehm.. I— I was just wondering, why does Jaehyo oppa is the only popular guy on your clique?”

“My clique?”. Marie nodded and pointed the table that Jihoon sat on during lunch. “Oh, they’re not, they’re just the people that I hang around with at school, but Jaehyo hyung does a part of my real group of friend, but we goes to different school” Jihoon shrugged, “What? Are you going to change your mind? Do you want me to introduce you to Hyung?”

“No! No! No!”. Wait….. WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?! “I mean, I— I can't risk the chance of him falling for me, right?”

Jihoon only nodded and backed away, “At least you confidence, good”.

“And lots of cuteness” Marie put two fingers on her cheeks and grinned, “See?”. Hfft, What is wrong with you Marie?!.

Jihoon nodded again and turned around, “I think your class has started already, you don't want to go back to that babo’s class right?”

“Yeah, you too, right?”. Marie scoffed, “See you around—“

“Marie,” Jihoon stopped and looked behind, “Would you like to help me?”

“Hm? Sure!”

“I’m sick of my friends talking about your legs,” He sighed, “Just— just do something about it”

O.. Okay…. She quickly looked away and started to pull down her skirt, If it will help you then…

 

 


 

The school ended and Marie quickly ran to the nearest bus station. She had told her friends that their plan needed to be postponed Since her father, Money does speaks for everything…, quickly signed her up for the study group. “Okay, before you get lost, make sure to check on the address again—“

“Huh?!”. It was quiet, but then a scold almost  made Marie making the same mistake as yesterday,”You have a new phone?!”

She hissed and showed her phone to the boy who sat on the bench behind her, “Well cant you see?” who was of course no other than Pyo Jihoon.

“Ya! If you can pay for it, then I don't have to pay for it!”

Marie crossed her arms, “Ya! It's not about money! It's about being responsible!”.

Jihoon just frowned and pouted. 

Don't make that kind of satanically adorable face—

“I’m going first,” He got up and approached the bus that just stop. 

She looked at the bus number, and then grabbed the boy’s arm. “Oh! It's my bus too! Let's go together!”.

 

 

 

“Since when does Seoul have a traffic jam??” Marie hit her face onto the window next to her, “Jihoonie, my neck’s hurt,” And from the window, she tilted her head to the shoulder on her left, “Will Mino be angry if I borrow your shoulder?”

“Huh?” Jihoon who was asleep immediately opened his eyes, as he startled, “Why would he be mad? He already has a girlfriend…”

“Ah?? Really?” She immediately straightened her back, “Ah.. I’m sorry…”

“No, it's okay… I’m okay with it…”

“Yeah, I know, sometimes life is a ,” Marie bit her lips and rest her head back on his shoulder, “Cause no one can choose who they fall for” Yeah, No one.

 

 


The first thing that Jihoon said when he stepped out of the bus was; “Are you stalking me or what…?” 

“No! I’m— I’m heading to—“ Marie, who also followed his step of leaving the bus tried to look at her phone, “I’m heading to…”

Because of his height, It was easy for Jihoon to peek at the screen. “That way?” He pointed at his right side, “Ah, so you decided to become smarter”

“Well, you should too!”


“that house is not far from here, but, if its you then…. Give me your phone”

“Huh??”

Jihoon played with his face and scoffed around, “Your phone is note right? Let me draw you the map...”. Marie mouthed an ‘o’, and gave him her phone. “Okay, so—“

“You at drawing…”

The pen who was drawing some lines, quickly changed its pace into drawing a hairball. “Park Marie! Do you want my help or not?!”

I swear to god screaming my name like that is one of the deadly sin—

“Hello?!” Jihoon waved both of his hands in front of her face, “are you there?!”

“Ya— yeah! I’m here!” Marie lightly slapped her face, “Ehm, I know, since it's not far from here, and I assumed, it's also not that far from where you’re heading, then why don't you just help me to get in there?”

As if he could take it anymore, Jihoon started to become fidgety and moved his hands around, “Ya! Ya! Ya! Whatever!” before he grabbed Marie’s Hand. “Just follow me, okay?!”

Aaaaak! His hand is so soft!!!''

 

 


 


Okay! Now I think I gained 20 points of  IQ— “Huh? What are you doing here?”.

Marie was the last person to left the building, and the first thing that she saw when she opened the door was Pyo Jihoon who just casually walked in front of the neighborhood while a popsicle…. Obviously.. In the middle of the night.

“Huh?” Jihoon stopped walking and looked to the side, “Oh, I went to the convenience store and bought some ice cream” where Marie was still standing on the house porch.

“For me?!”  Marie ran down the small stairs and stood next to her friend, “Ah! You! What a gentleman!”

“But— but its for my friends…” He couldn't do anything as she started to ripping the plastic that he held in his left hand. “Aish… you….”

“Hehe, they can buy for themselves, right?” She took out the most delicious one, “Ehm! Where do you live??”

As he helped her to teared the seal, He kept his popsicle on his mouth, “ I— I wive na fa fom hi—”

Marie pulled out the stick, You’re the cutest like that, but please; “Talk properly”.

Jihoon sighed and returned the ice cream to Marie as he finished to remove the seal, “I live not far from here, only a block away” and then Marie returned his popsicle as an exchanged for her ice cream. 

“Oh! Then Can I come to your house?”

The popsicle dropped and smashed on the ground, “Nope”

“What? Why?! I mean— Its almost nine and my dad can't pick me up so he told me to order a taxi! And I need a place to wait until the taxi come”

He shook his head and heaved, “Why don't you just wait in there?” and pointed at the house next to them, the study group house.

Marie walked up to the door and knocked for three times. “See?” And there was no response, even when she tried to open it, “its closed already!”

After he let out another sighed, he came to her just so he could hold her wrist and made her walk with him. “Ya! Let's just wait on the convenience store!”

Oh my god, his grip….

 


 

 

“Why am I not allowed to visit your house? Is it because your parents are there?” She mumbled, “You know, your parents would be happy if they see you with a girl like me”

Jihoon put down the two cups of ramen on his hand onto the table, and sat in front of Marie. “I don't live with my parents, I live with my friends,”

“Then I don't see the problem of letting me—“

“They’ll eat you” He cut off, and slurped his noodle, “And if you also curious, I also live with Jaehyo Hyung”

The way he holds the chopstick… the way he widely opened his mouth… the way he slurped… he chewed… he—

“Have you ever eat a cup ramen? It's doesn't taste good when it gets cold!” Jihoon  waved his chopstick, “And you need to stop spacing out”

“Well, every ramen won't taste good if its getting cold!” She pouted and started to eat. Then you need to stop acting like that…

 

 


“Jihoon,” Marie was the first one to finish eating as she only ate a half of it. “Will Jaehyo oppa eat me?”

“I don't know, maybe?” Jihoon eyed at the half empty cup and his stomach growled again, “Ya… don't waste your food!”

“Oh, it's too spicy for me” She shrugged. “What do you think about Jaehyo Oppa? Do you think he’s handsome?”

Jihoon nodded, “He’s good looking”

“Do you think he’s nice?”

“Yeah, He’s cool” He added, “Why do you ask? Do you want to go with him instead of with me?”

“No! No! No!” Park Marie... She avarted the eyes and moved on, “I was just wondering whether he’s your type or not…”

 

 

“Well, he’s not…” A barf left his mouth as he finished his last strand of noodle., “Not a cutie and old, so no-no”. 

Ahh!!! So he likes cute— guys…. “Oh okay... eh, Jihoon, have you decided on what to wear for the prom?”

He shook his head, “No, I’ll just follow you, so you decide”

“Actually, I was about to ask you to decide so then I can just buy the dress that’ll match your tux! So, what kind of tux do you have?”

“Tuxedo?” Jihoon rolled his eyes as he tried to recall what was in the wardrobe, “Actually I have a black tux.. Silk… Cotton.. Leather— wait, its leather pants… Oh, velvet tux!”

Marie blinked her eyes blankly. “You probably have more than my dad…”

“Hah, Yeah, I like fashion” He played with his jacket, “That's why I’m broke”

Pyo jihoon in suit will be the death of me.

 

 

 


Jihoon held the door and let the girl entered the taxi, “Well, see you at school, I guess?”.

“Yeah! See you!”

 

 


 

Day 4.

 

 

Where is he? As she remembered, Since the previous day, she couldn't find his favorite guy on the school. Hmm… I should've ask for his number!

“Marie, you’ve been frowning the whole day” Suzy leaned closer to her friend, “Are you okay?”

“Ah… Don't tell me that your prom date bailed on you—“

“He’s not!” Within her reflect, Marie got up from the lunch table, “I— I need to go to the toilet…”

 

 

 


He’s not right? He’s not! Of course he’s not! We made a deal— “Ah! Sorry!”. She caressed her own for head, “Ah, Its my fault, I should've see—“

“Marie? Park marie?”

Marie looked up only to find a guy that she bumped into. Oh … “Jaehyo Oppa?”

His subtlest smile welcomed her, along with his little winks, “Ah! I was looking for you!”

“Looking for me?”

“That's okay, i'll just tell him that you'll be busy until... Thursday?”

Oh god… “oppa what day is today?” 

Jaehyo chuckled, “It's Thursday!”

Marie palmed her face. You.. Stupid Park Marie……

She didn't say a word to replied, but inside; Ya!! Park Marie Wake up!! Its Ahn Jaehyo Oppa in front of you! A h n  J a e h y o!! and you obviously know just what he’s going to say….

“So, About the prom…”

The girl closed her eyes and fisted. See, Marie, I told you! I know that he’s going to ask you out— but… wait… Why… am I panicking?. In her mind, she took the time to clear her head. Jaehyo Oppa is asking you about the prom!!! and-- and why are you feeling uneasy?! is it because— Jihoon… Pyo Jihoon— but then— Its Jaehyo Oppa that we’re talking about! The one and only, the ulzzang! The kind one! The prince! Yes! He’ll look good next to you when you walked down the hall! People will cheer for you and him! People will— wait…., but then… why?. After a while, she let out a sigh, just so she could continue to question herself, That day, instead of waiting for Thursday, which you know that Jaehyo Oppa will ask you for this…  To Jihoon... Why did you said that 'it has to be you?' .

“So—“

“Oppa I already have a date!”.

Thank god that there was no one but them, or else, Park Marie would definitely be the talk of the year.

Jaehyo nodded, “I know, with Pyoglet, right?”

“Pyo— pyoglet?”

“Hahaha, thats just what we called him in the house,” He giggled, “Anyway, about the prom, Jihoon asked to tell you that he’s going to wear his black velvet one!”

Eh?. “black velvet— oh! the tuxedo!” Marie flicked her hands, “Ooh, okay— wait, why did he want you to tell me???”

“Ah, right, P.O is sick so he can't go to School—“

“Huh?!? Really!?! is he okay?!?!” 

“Yeah— just a light fever—“. Before Marie fully got his explanation, she already excused herself and run.

 

 

“Oppa!!”. Marie made a turn before she really left the hall, “On— On Monday, why did you call me?”

Jaehyo shook threw another smile at her, “Did I?”

Oh.. he didn’t? then— never mind! Aish! Pyo Jihoon!!!

 

 


 

 

 

“Pyo Jihoon!!!!!”

The boy turned around and let the blanket  slip out of his body, “Park Marie?”

In a flash, she closed the door that she just opened. “Ya!! Wear a shirt or something!!”

Jihoon looked down “Oh !” and found himself shirtless.

 

 


“Ya! What are you doing here?” Jihoon opened the door and confronted the girl. As he looked at her from head to toe, she was wearing the school uniform and didn't have her bag with her, which only means that, “Are you ditching your school?!”

Marie didn't answer, as she just rushed herself inside the house, “Have you eat? Have you take your medicine?” 

“Yeah, I have now— hey!! Why are you wearing a skirt!?”

“Huh?” Marie turned around with all her confusion, “Well… As you can see… I’m in my uniform…”

Jihoon walked up to his couch and grabbed a shirt. With his hands, he quickly put it around her waist, and  knot it so that it become a part of her, “Zico Hyung is a nice guy, but he’s a weird guy who’s obsessed with pretty legs!” He looked away and crossed his arms,“In this house, Only their girlfriends are allowed to wear anything aside from jeans!”

Marie raised her hand to reach for his forehead. “Jihoon, you’re sick…”

 

 

 

 

 


Jihoon laid on the couch and snuggled upon his blanket. “Marie,”

“What?” And the girl just sat on the chair next to him, while helping him to eat the warm soup that she just made.

“Your food ”

Marie pushed the spoon towards the mouth as it made him choke on purpose. “Thank you”

Instead of being mad, Jihoon turned his pout into a laugh, “Hahahahaaha, it's true though! I bet you never cook at home!”

“Don't blame me! Blame your fridge, I have to improvise!” She grabbed the tissue and wiped his mouth, “Just look at your house… I bet it held a lot of germs….”

“Thanks to Yukwon Hyung we get to at least see the sunlight” For more than one time, Jihoon tried to adjust his position, “Ekhm… I’m thirsty…”

d o n ‘ t   y o u  d a r e  t o  g r o a n —

“Marie! I’m can you get me a glass of water?”

“Oh! ya! sure!”

 

 

He sat and carefully drink the water, “Marie,”

“What? Are you going to mock your own water?” She rolled her eyes as she walked to the kitchen to wash the dishes.

“No, It's about the prom,” Jihoon lay back on the couch, “If I’m still sick by Saturday, then you just have to go with Jaehyo Hyung—“

“No,” She let out a loud enough answered for Jihoon to hear it, as she still had her hands full of soap. “I don't want to go with him…”

“Why?”. he wondered From behind the couch.

“Cause you can't go to your first prom with a random guy!!”

“Huh? What do you mean?” Jihoon sat up and looked at her from afar, “Am I not a random guy that you picked just because I’m not attracted to you?”

 

The plate slipped out of her hand, and clashed on the floor.

“Marie? Are you okay?!” Jihoon quickly jumped out of the couch and came to the kitchen.

 

 

 


Two of her fingers were bleeding. It wasn't severe, only a small so She just washed the blood with water. but according to Jihoon, “Tsk, Let me get a bandage” it needed more than just water.

He sat next to her and wrapped the wounds, “Now you have to find a dress that matches this bandaid”

“No, I already have it”

Jihoon chuckled, “What? You already have a creme colored dress?”

“No, I already have the perfect dress that will match with your perfect suit”. His eyes moved from the finger to her eyes. He let go of the hands and backed away.   “Call me a fool but, Pyo Jihoon, I have fall for you”