Chapter 6

A talent for each other

Taemin had been following classes in Ms. Choi's studio for a few weeks now. He danced there five hours a week, which was a lot. He started to like Ms. Choi more and more. The woman was kind and it was clear she liked Taemin a lot. 

One day she came to him after class. "Taemin, how do you like the classes? I see you're working really hard to learn." She said and she smiled.

Taemin nodded. "I really like it, Ms. Choi! I wish I could dance even more, but unfortunately I'm only allowed to dance during class." He said and he seemed sincerely disappointed.

"Maybe I can make an exception for you." Ms. Choi said and she walked to the reception. Everyone was gone already or in the cafeteria and the room with the reception was empty. She took a key and walked back to Taemin.
"Here. This is the key of the front door. You can also access all the studio's with this key. You know where the sound system is. Now you can come practice any time you want. I just have one favor to ask." She said while she gave him the key.

Taemin couldn't believe it. He would be able to dance whenever he wanted! He would do everything to make that possible. "Thank you so much! What can I do for you?" He asked.

"I want you to get my son to dance. He has not been himself ever since high school and I think you would be just the person to bring him back. He said he hates dancing, but I think he actually loves it. You do have to be careful. He's very aware of his reputation and will be very reluctant at the beginning. You think you will be able to do that? He's here every Saturday doing choirs for me, so you'll be able to meet him after class this Saturday. If you want of course." Ms. Choi said.

*Her son? I didn't even know she had a son. Well, he can't be too bad if she's his mother.* Taemin thought and he nodded happily. "I'll teach him. Don't you worry, I'll be very careful." He said and he skipped to the dressing room to get his stuff. He still had two days till he would meet Ms. Choi's son. Now that he had the key he was planning on dancing every evening. He couldn't be happier and he laughed when he got his stuff.

 


"Where have you been, man? I've barely seen you these past few weeks." Kai said and he sounded a little angry.

"Dude, that's my business. Don't you worry about it. Better tell me if you got a plan for today." Minho answered and he tried to look very annoyed. To be honest he was burning up in the inside. He didn't want anyone to find out he had been helping in the studio every Saturday and had been spying on Taemin for the rest of the week. Although he was very careful not to be discovered, he just couldn't stay away from the boy. Something about Taemin made him fascinated and he wanted to find out what. What he had found out in the past few weeks, was that Taemin was living together with the blond boy (Key, was his name?) and they were like best friends. He had also overheard a conversation between the two where he had discovered Key was gay. He hated the thought of his little innocent Taemin living with a , but surprisingly enough Taemin didn't seem to mind. Minho hadn't told Jonghyun about Key being gay and he was struggling to decide if he ever would tell Jonghun about is. He did care about his friend and he was afraid Jonghyun would be hurt to learn Key was gay. He would if he found out Jonghyun was gay. No, mostly he would be disgusted.

"Well, luckily for you I do. There are some new kids in this town and I think they need a welcoming party, don't you?" Kai said and his usual smirk appeared again.

"Of course! Guys, there is a welcoming party needed. And we throw the best parties, don't we?" Minho yelled and the rest of the gang cheered.

They all got up and started to walk out of the head quarters. Minho and Kai obviously came first and in a big group they walked through the streets like they owned them (which practically was true). 

"Okay, guys. Spread out. You know what to do." Minho gave a signal and all the guys separated. 

Kai, Micky and Minho leaned against the wall and looked at the people walking by. They seemed very relaxed, but if you looked better you could see the tension. Their eyes never stopped moving and they looked ready to fight. 

At that moment three boy came around the corner. Minho saw Kai scratching his forehead, the sign that the targets had arrived. He pushed himself off the wall and started to slowly walk towards the three boys. When he walked past them, he put out his foot and one boy tripped. Minho had to do his best not to laugh.

"Oh, did you fell?" He asked quasi-surprised while he turned around to face the boys. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" One of the three boys asked and he seemed furious. The other just looked at his shoes and was tugging the jacket of the boy who had just spoken. The third one was still lying on the floor looking around confused. He had made quiet the fall.

"No need to be rude. You're new here, right? Let me introduce myself. I'm Choi Minho and those guys there are my friends, Kai and Micky. I wouldn't want to piss them off if I were you." Minho said and he wiggled his eyebrows in a meaningful way.

"I don't care what your name is or what their names are. Just leave me en my friends alone. We're in a hurry." The boy went on, but he didn't seem as strong as a few seconds ago now he had seen Kai and Micky. The last two had put on their most disgusted smile and did seem really creepy. 

"Where are you going? Don't you want to play and meet your new friends?" Minho went on and he grabbed the arm of the boy when he tried to walk past them. "We can be very nice, if you just do what you're being told." He went on and he pulled the boy back.

"It's none of your business, but we're on our way to the dance studio of Ms. Choi." The boy said and he tried to pull his arm free. 

Minho froze.

"Let us go!" The boy yelled again and he pulled even more. It didn't help. 

Minho got closer to the boy he was holding. "Do you know a Taemin?" He whispered in his ear and he made sure no one else heard him.

The boy looked surprised, but then nodded. "He's in my class. He's like the favorite of Ms. Choi." The boy answered and he looked disgusted. 

"Minho, what is this all about? I thought we were taking them to the head quarters. What's taking you so long?" Kai asked annoyed. He walked closer to the boys.

Minho's thoughts raced through his head. *So Taemin is the favorite of my mother?* He thought. He suddenly didn't feel like taking those boys with them. He just wanted to leave and see Taemin. *No, I can't. I have to leave Taemin alone.* He then thought and he sighed. He let the arm go of the boy he had grabbed.

"Go. Don't ever mention this and just go." He whispered and while the surprised boys ran away Kai reached him. 

"What the heck are you doing?! You just let them go!" The younger boy yelled and he grabbed Minho's arm. 

Minho himself didn't even know what he had been doing. He just felt it was the right thing to do and let those boys go. *The right thing? Since when do I do the right thing?* He thought confused. 

"I...They were just not the right boys we need now." He said weakly. He knew it sounded like a bad excuse, but it was the only thing he could think of now.

Kai just looked at him, shook his head and turned around. Minho could hear him mumble something about going weak. He felt anger flare up. He would teach Kai something about weak! Calling him weak, how dare he?

They walked back to the head quarters. How they were going to explain to the rest of the gang, Minho didn't know, but he had to have a good story or he would lose his reputation.

The moment they reached the head quarters the members felt something wasn't right. They saw Kai and Minho looked at each other in anger and they started to whisper. What had happened between their leader and his friend?

"Okay, listen. Minho decided those boys weren't good enough for our welcoming party, so he let them go." Kai said and it immediately went quiet. They all stared at Minho. This was the first time Minho had done something like that. What was the reason?

"I'm sure there are better targets to use." Minho said and he tried to look casual. Some believed him and nodded, while others still looked a little confused or angry. Minho decided not to say anything else and he walked to the garden. He sat down and closed his eyes. He had to think of something good to get the gang back together.

 


That evening when Minho came home his mother was waiting for him. 

"Minho, from this Saturday I want you to stay a bit longer. After the class for beginners I want you to look after a boy. He's a bit younger than you and he doesn't have many friends." His mother said and Minho looked at her in horror.

"I'm not a babysitter!" He yelled and he threw his hands in the air. What was his mother thinking?

"I just want you to do it. See it as part of your chores." His mother said and then she walked away. Discussion closed, her back said. 

Minho sighed and went upstairs. 

*How am I going to survive a little annoying boy?* He thought miserable just before he fell asleep. 

 


A/N: Sorry for not updating for so long! I'm working a lot these days to get some money. Hard life of a student.... :( But thank you, there's is SHINee with Married to the Music. I love that song!! Love the dance too. Hehe

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. In the next one there will be some more interaction between Minho and Taemin. I'm afraid this story is going a little too slow. Please tell me what you think!

See you soon!