Chapter 2

A talent for each other

It was like floating water. 

Like a summer breeze.

Like the first time you feel the sun on your face.

Like....

Minho didn't get any further with his admiration for the dancing boy, 'cause Kai suddenly tapped his shoulder. 

"We need to go, Min! There's someone coming upstairs." The younger boy said and Minho could swear he could hear some panic in Kai's voice.

"O-Okay, let's go." Minho said and he looked at the dancing studio for the last time. 

Just at that moment the boy turned around at looked up at the window Minho was standing behind. Two dark brown pools looked right into his and time seemed to stop for a few seconds.

"Dude! We really need to go now! What are you waiting for?" Micky yelled and he dragged Minho out of the cafeteria. 

When they were finally outside, Micky let him go and put his hands on his knees to get some rest.

"Seriously, dude, what were you thinking? I said there was someone coming and still you were staring to those dancing kids. You're not becoming a like them, are you?" Kai asked and he looked suspicious. "'Cause if you are, please warn us so we can get away on time and won't be contaminated." He continued with disgust in his voice.

"No! No, I'm not a . Of course not. Why would I? Now let's stop talking and get the hell out of here." Minho quickly answered and without waiting for the answer he ran away.

 


"That was very good. Even though the music was terrible you still were able to make something out of it. That's what I call talent, kids." Ms. Choi said to the young boy standing before her. The boy was panting and his hair stuck to his sweaty forehead. The other kids just stood there, most of them with mouths wide open in disbelief. They were still progressing the dance performance of the boy it seemed.

"What's your name, boy?" She asked kindly. Now the music had stopped the boy seemed to shrink. He let his head down and didn't look at her or the other kids.

"MynameisLeeTaeminMiss." She heard the boy mumble.

"Sorry? I can't understand you. Can you look at me and talk a little bit more clear?" She asked and she tried to sound as kind as possible. It was clear this boy was very shy and only felt comfortable when he was dancing.

"Sorry, Miss. My name is Lee Taemin." The boy said and now he looked up. Ms. Choi was struck by the beautiful eyes looking at her. *He sure is a pretty boy.* She thought surprised.

"What's your age?" She then asked. She didn't think he would be older than maybe seventeen. 

"I-I'm eighteen, Miss." The boy answered and he bowed. Ms. Choi felt herself going warm inside. He was such a nice and polite boy. *I wish Minho was like that.* She thought with a bit of sorrow in her heart. She didn't know what or when it had gone wrong with her son, but she did know the Minho she nowaday saw, wasn't the real Minho. He used to be very polite and as a little kid he loved to dance and sing. Somehow that changed when he entered high school and met those "friends", Kai and Micky. She sighed.

"Miss, are you alright?" A little girl asked worried. 

Ms. Choi realized she had been spacing out and she turned a little red. "I'm okay, thank you. Okay, is there someone who wants to show me his or her dance talent? We don't have much time before the next group comes, but you can still show me some of your talents." She said and she smiled at the young dancers before her. 

 


"You should have seen the faces of those kids." Kai laughed when they finally arrived at the head quarters. Everyone of the gang had gathered to hear the outcome of this legendary stunt. They all laughed out loud, except for one. Minho just sat there in his big chair (kind of like a throne) and stared into nothing.

"This was by far your best idea, Minho." One of the members said. 

....

"Minho? Minho! Damn, this is already the second time today." Kai said angry and slapped Minho.

"W-What...? Dude, what do you think you're doing?!" Minho yelled and he jumped up. 

"You're totally out of it since we left the studio. What's the matter with you?" Kai asked and he frowned.

"There's nothing wrong. Now go to work. I guess there are some nerds who need some beating, don't you think?" He said and he walked away in a hurry.

*That was way too close. They can't catch me spacing out again.* He thought worried while he walked across the messy yard of their head quarters. The yard wasn't big. It was around 20 square meters and it was filled with all kind of chairs. In the summer the gang would sit outside. The rest of the yard was as messy as his head right now. 
How could he ever explain to his gangmembers he had been spacing out about a boy who they had just seen dancing. They would totally think he was a . He wasn't right? No, there was no way. There had to be an explanation for this. He quickly walked back home. Maybe he could talk to his mother about the boy. Subtile of course. He didn't want to ruin his image even if it was at home.

When he got home, his father was waiting for him. 

"I had a phone call from your mother. Some strange things have happened during the try outs from her new kids. Do you know anything about that?" He asked and Minho could see his father was furiated. 

"No, I was with my friends." He said while he walked upstairs.

"Don't you walk away from me, boy! I know you had something to do with this!" His father yelled behind him, but he walked into his room and closed the door. He made sure the door was locked and then fell down on his bed.

He stared at the ceiling. What had just happened? Ever since he had seen the boy dance that was all he could think about. The way the boy had moved to the music, the way his muscles had worked under that beautiful fair skin, the way the eyes had looked into his. Why did he keep remembering those things? He sighed and stood up again. He walked to the big mirror in the corner of his room and looked at himself. 

He was a 19-year old boy with the looks. He knew that. He was tall, had dark brown eyes and pitch black hair. What made him special was his "flaming charisma", like his gangmembers liked to say. While he looked at himself in the mirror he couldn't really see it. He was just an avarage guy. He sighed again and closed his eyes. Automatically music began playing in his head. This always happened when he was completely relaxed and he closed his eyes. Suddenly he saw the boy before his eyes and the boy was dancing again.

Slowly he tried to copy the moves. At first he was awkward but after a few moves he noticed he was getting more smooth. He opened his mouth and the words to the song in his head came out. He kept his eyes closed but he knew, he just knew he was dancing along with his mystery boy just perfectly.

 

Mr. Choi had found the reserve key of his son's room. Furious he walked upstairs and opened the lock. He threw open the door and...

Stood still.

His son was dancing and singing his heart out before the mirror. Mr. Choi knew Minho had a talent for dancing and singing, but he had never expected his son to dance like that. He smiled and quietly backed away.

Just before he closed the door, a thought ran through his head.

*Maybe he isn't lost after all.*