B Y S .

"Don't believe in Love, believe in Me."

Chapter 6
By Your Side.
[unedited]

--

Insoo stayed by your side for the whole night. You woke up at around 4am in the morning and you were shocked to see him sitting beside you, in dreamland. His eyebrows were furrowed and he seemed to have dreamt of something unpleasant. You saw your phone on the table beside you and you quickly took a picture of him. You tried to push his eyebrows up and snap! You then realised what you were doing and was about to delete the pictures when you decided against it. Looking around the white room and at Insoo, you connected everything together. He was the one who had sent you to the hospital. You got out of bed gently so as to not wake him up and you used the blanket to cover him.

You sneaked out of the room and went to the washroom where you overheard two nurses' conversation.

"Did you see the Kang heir carrying her here?"

"Yeah! I'm so jealous! I heard he has tons and tons of money! What I won't give to marry him!"

You shook your head at their foolishness. They left and you came out of the stall. *So Insoo is rich?*

You scurried back into the room and Insoo was still sleeping. *So adorable.* You shifted him so that his back was leaning against the table. *There. So he won't get a backache tomorrow.*

--

Insoo woke up the next morning. He stood up and felt the blanket drop from his body. *Wha- So she was concerned about me!* A warm smile lit his face as he gazed at your sleeping figure.

"Mirae, time for work." He nudged you and you stirred.

"Hmm?"

Insoo thought he had just seen a beautiful angel. *Snap out of it, Kang Insoo!* He gathered your stuff and went to the counter to proceess your discharge from the hospital.

He drove you to the office. "Insoo, thank you." You thanked him while he was on the road. "If you didn't come in time.."

"Silly girl." He ruffled your hair with his right hand. "I'll fire Jaena for-"

"Don't. Don't fire her."

"Why not? She locked you up in the room! You could have froze to death!" He argued.

"Just.. Let it go for once. And if you didn't ask me to do all the files.."

"Alright, it's my fault. Happy?" He grumbled as the car arrived at the car park.

"Yeah." You grinned as both of you walked to the elevators. "And I've yet to collect my stuff from your house.."

The elevator doors opened with a 'ping!' and Jaena was about to come out when she spotted you and Insoo. You could see her little brain working to create more plans to get rid of you.

"Mr Kang! You have a meeting in-"

"Jaena, right?" Insoo cut her off.

She nodded excitedly. "Yes, you remember my name!"

"You are demoted. I will arrange to have another secretary." He brushed past her coldly without another word.

"Why!? Mr Kang, if it is because of-"

"No reasons, I don't think you are qualified to be my assistant." He heartlessly pressed the 'door close' button. You saw her clench her fist and swearing revenge. You shuddered.  "Hey, you alright?" He peered at you curiously.

"Mmm."

"If she gives you any form of trouble, look for me. I will settle her." He smiled and patted your head.

The elevator stopped at the 39th floor. "Aren't you coming?" He asked.

You looked at him quizzically. "Why would-"

"From today onwards, you are my new secretary."

::

"Seriously? Wa! The new boss is so damn cool!" Hawon exclaimed. "Jaena must have been hopping mad."

"She was." You affirmed.

"Serves her right." Hawon cackled.

It was lunch time and Hawon had suggested the new Italian restaurant across the office. You wanted to finish up the files and skip lunch but Insoo had pushed you out of the door and said that if you did not have a good and fufilling lunch, then don't bother stepping foot into the office.

"By the way, don't you think that your boss likes you?" She leaned in and whispered. "He treats you so well!"

"That's nonsensical! Insoo and I are just.. friends!" You struggled to find the suitable word to describe your platonic relationship.

"From what I have seen, I think he is definitely interested in you!" She said determinedly.

You finished your spaghetti and smiled. "You think way too much." You then placed a $30 bill on the table. "I have to go. Enjoy your meal!"

"That girl.." Hawon said disapprovingly. "Is too stubborn."

::

"I'll go with you." Insoo offered. You had finally completed the files and were about to bring them to the storage room when he stopped you. "It is too dangerous for you to go alone and I don't want a repeat of yesterday."

"It's fine! I can go on my own!" You protested but to no avail. He had already scooped the files into his muscular arms.

"Open the door for me please."

--

After work, you took his car to his car. You packed your belongings. "Let me bring you home. A girl should not be roaming the streets at night, it is dangerous."

You agreed and told him your address.

"Do you want to come in for a cup of coffee?" You asked.

"Sure." You had not expected him to accept, but he did. He even carried your things for you.

You punched in the code and the door swung open. "Come on in. You can just dump the suitcase there. Make yourself at home."

The living room was decorated beautifully but only in shades of black and white. You went into the kitchen to make two cups of coffee. "You can explore the house if you want!" You called out.

He stood up from the couch and opened the nearest door. It was your bedroom. There was a plasma tv, a double bed and a coffee table. Again, it was decorated in only black and white. Next, he went to the luxurious bathroom. There was a built- in tv, a bathtub and a vanity table.

"I'm done!" He headed back to the living room when he heard your shouts. "What do you think of my house?"

"Its nice, but boring. Do you only like black and white?"

"What's wrong with black and white?" You sulked.

"Black and white are my favorite colors but you should choose brighter colors! You seem dull! Tell you what, I'll go furniture shopping with you someday."

Just then, the doorbell rang. Insoo and you glance at the closed door instantaneously.

"Sweetie! I came back from England! Surprise!" You heard your mother's voice.

"Oh ." You pushed him inside your walk-in wardrobe. "Don't come out unless I say so!"

"Sweetie? Aren't you going to open the door?"

"Coming!" You yelled and buzzed her in, red faced.

"Mirae, surprise! Aren't you glad to see me?" She enveloped you into a bone-crushing hug.

"Y-Yeah! Of course!"

A sudden crash was heard from you wardrobe.

"What's that?" Your mum frowned and headed towards Insoo's hiding place.

--

Oh-hoho! What's gonna happen next~? ^^