Silver Linings

The Green Planet

I ripped my eyes open,my heart beat as fast as if I'd just ran a marathon and sweat pearls were forming on my forehead. A nightmare,like the last nights too. And it's always the same dream. Over and over again. I walk into that white empty room and the door behind me is closed,locked. I try to open the door but it's no use,I'm trapped. And when I turn around,those eyes appear. Stare at me without blinking once. They are everywhere,on the ground,ceiling and the walls. I can't escape. The walls are coming closer and closer as if they want to crash me. And moments before they do,I wake up.

The same dream over the past nights and I always wake up like this. Sweating and panting,even though I know what'll happen next when I'm in that dream,I can't do anything to prevent it from happening.

Three days passed already since the day I was supposed to get my tattoo but nothing happened.

I sighed,the sun wasn't even rising yet but I couldn't go back to sleep either. I was wide awake and the clothes I was wearing were sticking at my skin from all that sweat. I missed the old days when I was still able to sleep the night through and not wake up at 3 or 4 am. They are right when they say that only when you don't have something anymore you'll learn to appreciate it fully. In my case; Sleeping through the night without any nightmares.

I kicked the blankets off and swung my legs over the edge of my bed and went up. The darkness in my room was suffocating. My breath was the only sound I could hear. To be honest,I always was a bit scared of the dark and even more this kind of darkness. That kind which ate everything and everyone up and didn't let go of it again.

The glow of the light switch beside my door guided me and I turned the lights in my room on. I blinked,trying to adjust my eyes to the sudden light. The clock on my wall informed me that it was indeed 4.25 am,way too early to be awake if you ask me. I groaned and made my way to the bathroom. Everything inside of me screamed for a hot shower.

The air in the small bathroom was soon filled with hot damp from the shower.

I opened the cabin door to the shower and stepped in. The hot water hit my head and my shoulders,I began to relax my muscles and the sweat got washed off of my body. I wondered how much longer this nightmare-thing would continue and if I should talk about it with Jin or Hakyeon. But I think that they'd be just even more worried than they already are right now.

I sighed and closed my eyes,enjoying the sound and feeling of water hitting my bare skin.

The air around me felt heavy. A small throb appeared in my head,like a headache or so. I closed my eyes for a moment and paced my hand against the wall,looking for support because now I even felt a bit dizzy. I opened my eyes again and regretted it that instant.

Everything around my looked like it was swirling around,like on some carussel. Weird.

I turned the water off,hoping it would've had any kind of affect but nothing. The throb grew even heavier and I groaned in pain,holding my head. I slid down on the wall of the shower down to the ground,my back straight up against the wall and took a deep breath. Maybe I had some kind of a migraine? It would be great if it was something easy like that. I could handle as much as that. My mother had it often.

The grey-black tiles from the walls of the shower looked weird,they grew together into a whole glibbery mass. The ground I was sitting on felt rough. The wall behind my back wasn't cold anymore,it felt hot. Almost too hot for my liking. I crouched forwards,trying to get some distant between the wall and my back. 

But the warmth was still there,spreading from my shoulder blades down my spine. The feeling was really uncomfortable. As if someone would boil water on my bare skin. Not only spill it on it,no. It was as if the water on my back started to boil slowly.

I hugged my legs,wishing for it to end because I couldn't withstand the pain any longer. A wimper escaped my mouth,the warmth turned into a stinging pain and I gritted my teeth together to stop myself from screaming out of pain. I couldn't understand how such pain was even possible! I never felt something like that ever before. And hot oil burned me once on my arm,so I know what I'm talking about.

Tears were streaming down my face and I was only seconds before I'd pass out,as the pain ebbed off. Slowly but clearly did it disappear. So did the dizziness and the throbbing in my head. Everything slowed down and my eyes became heavy until I couldn't hold them open anymore.

I placed my head on my knees,too tired to stand up,get up from the ground and out of the shower. I just fell asleep right there,glad that that pain was over and not even knowing why or where it came from.

-

"Jisoo? Oh my god Jisoo!",Jin ran over and placed a towel over me. He walked up because I didn't showed up that morning and he thought that I overslept or something like that. So he walked up into my room to check upon me only to find me still laying on the ground of the shower.

He shook me gently at my shoulders,trying to wake me up. Concern was written all over his face as he looked at me.

I opened my eyes lazy and blinked a few times,confused who'd wake me in such an early hour. I hummed and looked up,seeing a worried Jin looking down on me. He had some flour sticking on his left cheek which made him look like an sweet idiot.

I chuckled,still hald asleep and tried to wipe it off but my arm wouldn't listen.

"What are you doing here in the shower like this?",he grabbed my arm gently and helped me to stand up. My legs felt like jelly and I was about to fall back if it wasn't for Jin who caught me just in time. He sighed and decided to firstly take me out of the damn bathroom onto my bed.

We somehow made it and I pulled the towel tighter around my upper body,embarrassed to show so much skin. Though we were siblings,there were still boundaries that shouldn't be stepped over. The last time I was comfortable infront of him was when I was five years old in a small pool playing with him and my other brothers.

"So,do you mind explaining the whole situation to me? How did you end up sleeping in the shower like that?"

I shrugged,looking at my toes,"I don't really know. The last thing I can recall is that I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore because of the amount of pain-"

"What pain?"

"Can't you let me talk? I wasn't even ready with my sentence!"

"Yeah yeah. Continue."

"So,I felt that pain on my back when I was under the shower and was almost passing out and than it stopped,I fell asleep and you woke me up. That's it.",I held it short,not really feeling like talking at all. My mouth was kind of dry and it had a weird taste.

Jin lifted an eyebrow,not really satisfisted with my explanation but didn't said anything more.

"And now you don't feel anything anymore?"

I nodded.

"Okay,that's weird but okay." he sighed "Can I take a look at your back then? Just to check." he reassured me.

I turned my back towards him and let go of the towel so that he had full sight of my back.

I heard how he the air in between his teeth. "What?! Is there something?" I asked in panic. "I wouldn't call it something more like,eh ... How should I say this? Your tattoo?"

"What?" I turned around and looked at him,exposing my bare body. He looked me dead in the eyes,"Yeah. Your tattoo's on your back and not on our ankles or wrists. Do you want to see it?"

"Are you kidding me?!"

"No. Why should I?"

"Of course do I want to see it! Take a picture!!",I yelled in excitement and nudged him. He took his cellphone and took a picture of my back. When he showed me the display of his phone I couldn't believe my eyes. There was indeed a tattoo and the skin around the so-called-tattoo was red and dried blood was spread around it. No wonder it hurted like that! But the more important thing was the tattoo itself and the pain was deffinitly worth it!

There were silver toned linings spread over my right shoulder blade. That's what they looked like at the first glance,if I looked closely,I could see that those weren't just any lines and circles. There were small dots and spirals circling,forming all together a bigger picture I couldn't quite discribe in words. The biggest spiral was on my shoulder blade and spread around were small dots forming another spiral. At the end of it was a thin line which went down my back and ended again in small dots until it faded it away completely. 

I looked up from the picture to Jin,whom had his eyes still on my back. "Do you have any idea what is supposed to mean?" I asked him. He declined,he had no clue either. Neither did he know why your tattoo only appeared now,nor why you had to go through so much pain or why it was placed on your back. Heck,he couldn't even figure out which element that's supposed to be! It could be anything!

"C-can I touch it?" he asked. I hesistated. What if it'd hurt? The skind might be still sensitive ...

You were so sunken in your thoughts that you didn't even felt how Jins fingertips brushed your skin. You didn't even felt how he placed his whole hand ontop of the tattoo and gently touched it.

"Don't you feel it?"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm touching it right now. Don't you feel my hand touching your skin? Nothing at all?" Nothing. I felt nothing! Not even the slightest bit. It's like nobody's touching me at all.

"No,I don't feel anything. Maybe it's just still numb and the feelings return later on?"

"Hm ... Maybe. Well,why don't you put on some clothes and come down into the kitchen? I've made breakfast. Pancakes,cereals,eggs and toast. What every you want. And of course; No meat or fish."

"Haha. You're just saying that because you keep forgetting that I don't eat meat or fish. And now that you kept that fact in mind you're all high and mighty? Hah."

"Yah! I can clean the table again! Hakyeon is already away and I've eaten too,soo ..."

"Okay,then I don't have anyother choice,have I? I'll be down in a minute,what time is it-" I glanced at the clock and almost got a heart attack! I was already running late! "Why didn't you tell me that it's already this late?! I'll miss my train!" I whined and jumped up,grabbing some clean underwear and my school uniform.

"Shall I give you a ride?"

I looked at him baffled. That wasn't normal but anyways,if he'd give me a drive I'd be able to eat breakfast and still be on time.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. So get ready. We'll go in 45 min. That's early enough for you before your first lesson starts." He walked out of my room,I was already in my underwear and grinned. At least I wouldn't be late,right?

-

I groaned,the taste buds on my tung danced tango. These pancakes ... Heavenly!

"That good?" Jin asked and he knew that they were so good. He just like to hear it again and again.

"Yeah." I mumbled,my mouth filled with chunks of his pancakes. I took a sip of the freshly pressed orange juice and wiped my mouth off with my hand. These were just too good to be healthy!

"Slowly or you'll get a stomachache and I wouldn't want that to happen now that you have your tattoo and all. And now that I think about it,what do you think that we call Mom over? She's getting on my nerves already,asking everyday when you'll show her your tattoo. That woman,I swear ..." he sighed and started to clean the table. I tried to protest but he shushed me.

"Look at the time! You need to get ready. Hop hop and brush your teeth,grab your bag and we'll head out."

I rolled my eyes when he didn't looked at me and went out of the kitchen to do what he said. After all he was my brother and I should listen to him,right? When he's already offering me to give me a ride ...

-

"I'll call Mom that she can come over to dinner then?"

"Yeah yeah. We don't have another choice anyway do we?"

"Heh,I think not. I'll see you around-?"

"4 or 5 pm. I'll head straight hom,don't worry and thank you that you drived me. I'll pay you back!" I said and closed the door behind me,a small wave and I walked towards the school building.

I shouldn't get used to it,getting drived by car and all. I'll just get spoiled.

As I made my way up the stair case I saw a way too familiar back a few metres away from me and automatically sprinted towards him. I jumped on his back and slung my arms around his neck. He grabbed my legs,preventing my body from falling onto the hard ground.

"If I wasn't used to you like this we'd both end on the ground with at least one injury!" Taehyung scolded me and I just laughed it off.

Other students shot us weird looks but we simply ignored it,may it be because we were already used to the stares.

I bend over to his ear and whispered;"Guess who just got his tattoo?"

His eyes widened in surprise,"Seriously?!"

I nodded and screamed and laughed in joy,I joined him,desperatly holding onto my bag bceause thanks to his body movements it nearly slipped down.

"Oh my god! Can I see it?"

I placed my head on his shoulder and pouted,"I would but not here."

"Why?~"

"It's on my back." I said dry. He came to a hald. "What?!" "It's on my back." I repeated myself,though I knew that he's probably understood me completely. "I understood that but- I mean how?"

I shrugged,"Don't know. It just happened that way. I'll show it to you when we're alone or wait. I can ask Jin to send me the pic he took this morning,that's easier."

"How does it look? Do you know which element you are?"

"No idea. It's silver though,maybe it's air or water?"

"Silver?"

"Yeah."

"Woah. You must show it to me. But did you hear? A few got claimed already,some from my neighbour class and some seniors. Can you believe that? This early ..." he sighed and I patted his shoulder in a friendly manner. "Don't worry. I bet it's your turn soon. You can let me down now. I can walk on my own."

"Then,why did you even jump on my back to begin with if you can walk on your own? Now I want to carry you 'til your classroom and embarras both of us~"

"Don't worry,they're already used to us." I laughed and ruffled through his hair.

"Yah! I styled it properl this morning!"

"Wow! What do you call that style of yours? Fresh out of the bed?"

"So what? Anything against my hair and-"

"What? You won't buy me anymore ice cream?"

"Yeah!"

"You've never buyed me any ice cream Teahyung."

"Oh ... And now I'll surely won't start with it either!" he reasoned and I chuckled. He was such a derp sometimes I couldn't believe myself. But maybe that's what made him so Taehyung-like? I don't know either,he was just fun to be around with.

We walked around the corner and he stopped infront of my classroom. I slipped down from his back and saluted. "Thank you very much for your greatfullness,my honored Mr Kim Taehyung!" an as I stood straight again he saluted too.

"Always in your favour,my lady!" and he stormed off.

"And there you are at it again." Bomi said,I turned around and shot her a smile. "I can't help it. He's just-"

"Taehyung." she ended my sentence.

"Yes,he's Taehyung. What else do you expect?"

"What else dou I even expect when you're both together?" she grabbed my hand and pulled my inside and pushed me down on my seat. "So,what happened that you're grinning like that! You didn't really smiled since the last three days. Why now?"

"I-I got my tattoo this morning."

"What?!" she squealed and I quickly covered with my hand. Her eyes widened and I heard her muffled talking through my hand. I pulled her down to my level and removed my hand again.

"What?!" she repeated,but this time a whole lot quieter. She looked at my wrists and then at my legs,a questionable look on her face. "But I don't see anything."

"Yeah,it's because it appeared on my back."

"Huh? On your back? Do you have a picture?" I shook my head,"I'll show it to ou later on. Jin made a picture and I'll ask him to send-" My phone vibrated,signaling me that I just got a text message.

I opened it and chuckled,"And when you're talking about the devil ..." I flipped the phone and showed Bomi the picture of my tattoo that Jin just send me. She took my phone out of my hands and looked baffled at the picture.

"Weird isn't it?"

"No,I don't think it's weird at all. It suits you in some way. But I never thought you'd be air. I always thought you'd be the fire-kind-of-girl,you know?"

"You think it's air?"

"Isn't it obvious? The silver ink and the spirals?"

"You think so?"

"Yeah,deffinitly. You're air." Bomi returned the phone to me and smiled. "I'm glad that you too have your tattoo now. And who cares if you have yours on your back,as long as you have one,why not?"

"Yeah ... as long as I have one." she squeezed my hand gently and stood up again. Mrs Park walked into the classroom and Bomi quickly went to her seat. I'm glad that I had someone like her as my friend,just like Taehyung. I wouldn't even know what I'd do without them supporting me.

"Good morning!" Mrs Park greeted us.

"Good morning!"

"So,today we'll talk about the different elements and how they'll guide your life from now on. Since all of you have their tattoos now,we can start with our lessons." she glanced at me and smiled. I nodded in acknowledgement and she started to write something on the board with her markers. I bet Jin talked with her this morning,how else should she know about my tattoo ...


I didn't thought I'd be able to publish my third chapter this fast but here it is! And it's quite long,longer than my usual ones :D What do you think,who'll be the first one she's going to meet and please update me what you think about the whole story 'til now c:

And a big thanks to all my 20 subs (!!) Like whoa,that's a lot :D

have a nice day y'all! (or night,I don't know what time it is right now but anyways ...)

smallpanda~