D-Day

The Green Planet

I stepped into the already crowded assembly hall of my school. Everyone was already there,the air was filled with tension and it was loud. Everyone seemed to have someone to talk with. Because today was a special day for everyone at this school. Or should I say at every school on this planet? Nobody knows since when it is like it is,but from the second year of high school it starts. They call it 'natural selection'. It says that when some kind of a tattoo on your wrist or ankle appears,that this connects you with all of your future partners. But only the female part has the tattoo from begin with,the male parts tattoo appears only then,when his partner is near.

And of course,though it is rare,are there two male partners and the same with two female partners. But it is,like I said,rare.

On the other side are there still some out there without a partner at all. When my parents told me all this,I was amazed but at the same time worried. Since today did I always secretly asked myself What if I'm one of those who don't meet any of their partners? How horrible must that be? And even now,when I'm standing in this crowd of students,my heart is pounding in fear that I won't meet any of my partners. That I'll be forever alone.

"Jisoo!",I heard someone scream my name. I looked around,searching for the quell of that voice.

Someone hugged me from behind. I looked down onto my stomach were those delicate and small hands clung to my body. Kim Bomi. My only female friend at this school. Okay,the amount of girls at this school wasn't that much but only she was the one I was able to connect to,without the need to hide an amount of secrets.

"Bomi,you know that I don't like it when someone suddendly comes from behind and gives me such a surprise hug! You should know-"

"That I'm easily scared and blah blah blah. Don't be so uptight and just enjoy my warmth,like you always do! I know that you can't get enough skinship,so enjoy it as long as it's possible!",she squeezed me harder. I pretended to cough and she let go of me,worried that she squeezed me too hard. But honestly,she was much smaller than me and had such an small amount of strenght in her body that it was scary. I sincerely wish her a strong partner,one that looks after her and is able to protect her with all his/her might.

"Don't worry. You didn't hurt me,my sweet pea." I laughed and linked arms with her. She glared playfully at me and we squeezed us through the crowd,looking for our third gang member; Kim Taehyung,that stupid fool.

We've already seen,or should I say heard,him from afar. Even though everyone was that loud,he managed to be even louder than the other guys around him. And just as I thought,he was playing around with one of his weirdo friends. He laughed and slapped someone on the back. Playfully of course.

"Yah,Jimin! How comes you're still a ?! With your looks?"

"I just want to spare myself for the one,you know. What's so wrong about that,huh? And it isn't like you did it already .. Come with that again when you've done it already,alien."

"Wha-"

"Yah! Stop that you two. Here are girls too,",I grabbed Taehyung by his neck and shook him back and forth. I couldn't stand him talking like that. And then infront of Bomi ...

As soon as Jimin saw Bomi beside me,he blushed madly. I knew it since ever,that he had a crush on her. But I mean,who wouldn't? She was as pure and cute as a cute sunflower. But Bomi was so dense that she didn't knew it at all. But I think she has a thing for him too,to be honest.

"Ah,nice to see you Bomi." Jimin greeted her with a shy smile.

"Hello." She grinned back.

I looked at Taehyung,he already escaped out of my grip and wiggled with his eyebrows. He knew it too. But it wasn't like we talked behind their back about them,we just wanted to let them take their time and realise it on themselfes. That they liked it each other. And who knows? Maybe they were lucky enough and the same tattoo would appear on their bodys.

"Sooo- Are you excited yet?" Taehyung nugded me with his ellbow. I pretended to be hurt and rubbed my side.

"Your ellbows like a needle. Be careful that you won't stab someone with it!"

He pouted."My ellbows have feelings too,you know!". I laughed about his face. He looked cute,like a little kid.

"Why don't you cut your bangs? I think you'd look better with shorter ones,what do you think Bomi?",I looked at my other side but there was no Bomi. I looked behind me and there she was,giggling like a little kid and Jimin right beside her. I smiled,they'd fit each other so well.

"You think so?"

"Yep,why not and if you don't like it you can let them grow again."

"You're right but I don't want to."

"Huh?! Why?"

"I just don't feel like it,and I think that's a reason enough for me to not doing it. I mean,what's the use of doing things others told me to do but in the end I don't want to do it?" And there was one of those moments again. Why I like him so much and why I like him having around. Even though he can be quite the fool,he has this side on him too. I like to call it his heartfull side. It sounds pretty and fits well.

"Okay. Then I won't bother you anymore with it." I pocked him with my ellbow this time. He smiled at me,that goofy smile of his.

"Ah,ah. 1 2 3,test test. Okay-",the secetary of our headmaster spoke into the micro and had everyones attention in no time. Soon after that,the headmaster of this school stepped onto the podium,ready for his speech.

"Good mornig students. Today is the day you all waited and hoped for to come. I know what I'm talking about because some time ago,I too stood there where you are all at. Looking up at the podium with the headmaster standing on top of it. I know how it feels,the heart pounding against your chest and your eyes always aware that you might find the one you were looking for all the time. I don't know how to describe it to you,that feeling when you see her or in some cases him,it's incredible. I wish that all of you will experience it too. If it might not be today,then some other day. But I'll pray for all of you and I'm not just saying this because the government hired me as the headmaster of this school,but because I truly mean it! And with all this said,I hope that from this day on,you'll meet your natural partner. If it might be male or female,I wish you well on all your ways. And with that,todays lessons will start a bit later. Please go back into your classes and meet your homeroom teachers. They'll talk with you about all the other things that are important to know." His speech was over and he left the podium with the help of his secetary. He was already old,some say that he's already over 100 years old but in the end are those only rumors. She helped him down and disappeared in the back.

"Okay,then I'll see you- I don't know?"

"Yeah,some time we'll meet and then,we'll meet." I placed my hand on Taehyungs shoulder and squeezed it lightly,as a goodbye. I don't like to say goodbye. It sounds as if we might not see each other ever again. Bomi,Taehyung and my family are already used to it but strangers must probably think I'm weird. But then again I think that they're only strangers and I don't need to give a single f***k about them,because yeah,they're strangers afterall.

He waved a last time and walked to his own class.

I'll have to pick up Bomi in some way and we too,need to head back to our class.

-

I'm glad that our school somehow managed to get an female teacher extra for our girls class. All the girls were gathered in this class,all together were we 18 girls at the age from seventeen to twenty. Nobody was really bothered by those s,we were just glad to have each other. Of course are there some small friend groups in our class,like me and Bomi. But there wasn't something like a bully systmen in our class,I've read often about those things happening in a class but I was lucky that nothing like that happened in one of my classes yet.

Mrs. Park clapped,trying to get the attention from her students.

"So,I guess that all of you heard the speech from Mr. Kim? He ordered us teachers to talk about that matter even more,to answer some questions you might have still unanswered. So any questions?"

A girl named Hyuna raised her hand,she was the same age as me,19.

"Hyuna?"

"Ehm,when do you think will the tattoo appear?"

"Huh? You didn't saw it yet? It must've already started to appear on your wrists or ankles." Mrs. Park pointed at her own wrist,where a beautiful blue tinted pattern could be seen. She was obviously one of the water elements.

And after she said that,every girl looked at her wrist. Some squealed in excitedment and some sighed. Maybe because they weren't the element they wished to be or the pattern wasn't as they wished it to be? I had no idea.

I too,looked at my wrist but there was nothing. I reached down to my ankle and pulled my sock down,again nothing. I raised my eyebrows worried:"Mrs. Park? Could you come over for a moment please? I think something's wrong with me ..."