Chapter One - The (Bad) Luck

Unlucky Fangirl {SLOW UPDATES}

My name is Bae Chaemi. I was born in America but a I'm also korean. And got the chance to finish my fantasies of a fangirl. But college interferes because of the indescribable people there.

Let's go!

Okay, first mission! Live by idols. Before I came to this country. Of course I went online to research where to live. And the colleges to apply in. The many people I admire are in YG Entertainment so...
If I can find a college around Mapo-gu, Seoul, I'll be good.

I got off at Gimpo International Airport getting my bag and searching for food.

But I noticed a huge crowd of girls. Is a kpop group here?! I immediately ran over forgetting my hunger. IT WAS BTS. ERMAHGERD. BTS. Dude they also just came back from a flight. Awesome.

"Oppa! MARRY ME!!!!!!!"
"OPPA! SARANGHAE!!!!!!"
"DONT FORGET TO USE THE !!!!"

? Really? I got so close to Rapmonster but the security freaking slapped my face. HARD. And I fell, with fangirls running over me. And no. Rapmonster didn't help me. How could he not help me?

I expected Rapmonster running back to me saying 'Are you okay?'

But I just layed there. Damn, that hurt.

Minutes later...

I arrived at my college and I had excuses to be late for my transportation. I entered and it look like a decent college but with more style. I went to the office since I saw the sign.

"Oh. Um may I ask who you are?" The principal asked.
"I'm a transfer from America, Bae Chae Mi. Sorry for my late appearance. They delayed the flight about five times." I replied.
"Oh. Bae Chaemi, I've been expecting you. Here is your schedule and a map of the school. And your dorm number. Your roommate is Jung Hae Yeon. She should be awake at this time." She said.
"Thank you. I will do my best through these years of education." I bowed and left.

Okay let's see the dorm is in another building so I have to walk.

When I reached the dorm building I just rushed to the elevator and pressed level 3 out of 12. I started my search to find dorm number 348. I swiped my key card and entered in with my two suitcases. My roommate was sitting watching TV. So I decided to scare her.

I tiptoed over and said 'BOO!'.

"AHHHHHHHHH! Don't scare me like that or at all." She responded.
"Are you Jung Hae Yeon?" I asked after my laughter died.
"Yep. I'll give you a tour. Bae Chae Mi." She said.
"Okay. Are you a K-Pop fan? Because I saw you watching Simply Kpop on the Arirang Channel." I asked.
"A hardcore fan. How about you?" She asked.
"Hardcore girl. I listen to korean rappers too." I replied.
"Me too! This is your room. And your bathroom." She showed.
"This has a lot of space! Wow, better than I thought." I said in awe.

"Well I have to go for my first class at 9:05 AM. Even if you feel jet lag, you don't want to miss another day of school. I'll whip some eggs for your
breakfast while you get ready. Then I'll get going." Said Hae Yeon.
"Thank you." I said and left to change.
"No problem." She replied. She's so nice.

After eating breakfast I headed out to my first class.
(A/N I'm just going to skip the classes to lunch because you know college isn't the important part here.)
After 4 hours of education. It was finally lunch! I used to be so tired at the dorm but lunch got me hyped!

After I got my lunch I sat at a table by the window, the view was great so I took pictures.

"Hyung, what's she doing at our table?" Said a guy.
"I don't know. Let's find out who she is." Said another guy.

I just continued my lunch hoping they weren't talking about me. But they were. They sat down next to me and stared. And when I looked at one of their faces I choked on my rice. The guy across from me gave me water. I accepted and calmed down.

"Woah. Cherry, what you doin' here?" Said the guy, I forgot his name he's familiar though.
"I'm here to get a medical degree. Why are you here? Stalking me again?" I replied.
"Oh and my name's not Cherry, for your information it's Chaemi." I added.

"Medical department? You're to afraid to do lip-to-lip CPR because you can't lose your 'first kiss'. And me? Stalking you? Do you even know my name?" He responded.

The other guys just stared in confusion because we were talking in English.


"At least I can do the compressions on their chest. You're to afraid to touch a man's hairy chest or girl s unless it's your girlfriend's. Bobby." I said. Woo, I finally remembered his name through our bickering.
"I can touch a girl's chest any time of the day. I'm not a teenager anymore. Cherry." Bobby protested.
"Whatever." I said.

"Hyung, you know her?" Said one of his friends.
"We were called the bicker couple in the States. With no affection for each other. She's still a ." Bobby replied.
"Um. Excuse me, ? Another fact, I'm fluent in Korean. Douche Bag." I said while getting up.

"Woah. Hyung she's pretty and feisty. Did you guys ever date?" Asked another one of his friends.
"Only once. Don't remind me of that time please JunHoe. She's more than feisty." Bobby responded.

One guy was really quiet out of the group. More like not interested. Eh, who cares, I have my baes nearby.

After this whole day ended I headed back to the dorm to get some sleep. I have no assignments to worry about.

"Hey! Are you awake? You've been sleeping for hours!" Haeyeon yelled.
"Yea, yea. I'm awake. What time is it?" I asked.

"7:15 PM. My boyfriend, his friend, and I are going out for dinner. If you want to go, hurry up, and get dressed. He picking me or us up in 30 more minutes. " She replied and left my room. Which was so dusty.

"Is it FREE?!?!" I asked all the way from my room.
"ONLY FOR YOU HUN!" She yelled back.
We've gotten so close in a matter of time. Ah, better get dressed. Free food is duh best when you're a college kid.

"Do you have any eyeliner?" Haeyeon asked.
"Yea, why? We're not going on a date. It's a group dinner." I replied.
"But we're going to be in public. Gotta look good. Oh my boyfriend's friend is single." She added.
"I'm not looking for anyone. I have Jackson, saying that I'm 'JUST RIGHT'." I replied handing her my eyeliner.

"No pun intended my . What if you never meet any of them? I've lived in South Korea my whole life, never seen a single one of them." Haeyeon said.
"Well, I guess I'm lucky after all. Kinda. I saw BTS, and even got close to Rapmonster at the airport. But-" I said being cut off by this fangirl.

"NO WAY!!!!!! BTS!!! RAPMONSTER?!" She fangirled in response.
"YES, RAPMONSTER. BUT, I got slapped on the face by the security and fell. With no one helping me." I said.
"RAPMONSTER SHOULD HAVE HELPED YOU. AND SAID 'ARE YOU OKAY?'" She fangirled.

"I KNOW RIGHT?!" I said. Finally someone who gets me.
"Anyways, let's go. He's probably outside. We looking good for a dinner date- I meant group dinner." She awkwardly said.

We headed out of the dorm and wow. I saw two boys leaning on the car. It wasn't the boys that amazed me, it was the car. That car though, I wonder who owns it. As we got closer, I couldn't believe it.

"Are you sure he's your boyfriend." I asked.
"Bobby is mine. And I would recognize who is mine in a second. Hey babe!" She said and hugged him. His friend he brought along was the quiet guy.
"You want Hanbin to date that ugly crap." Bobby exclaimed.

"Excuse me I didn't come to fall in love. Really Haeyeon? You said it was a group dinner. Not a dinner date." I replied.
"I'm sorry. I thought it wouldn't matter. You'll still come right?" Haeyeon asked.

"I'm sorry to be such a about this, but maybe next time. You guys go have your dinner date, while the quiet guy is third wheeling it. I don't want to choke on my food again because of that jerk's hideous face." I said.
"I'll be around YANG." I said and winked at her. Hinting her that I'll be around the YG Building.

She gave me a thumbs up. So I knew she understood. I then quickly walked away.
The quiet guy smirked before I could walk away and said.
"Well, since I don't want to be third wheeling it. I'll be going too."
Welcome Haeyeon! You now have a date with your boo!

Well, I took out my phone and looked for directions to the YG Building. And just led my way there. No buses.

And when I reached. There were about 7 fangirls.

I just walked past them acting coolly and looked for a place to eat. When I was about to go in the restaurant my bad luck came.

"OMO! TABLO OPPA! SARANGHAE!!!!!"

No way. I ran like 4 blocks back to the YG Building and no one was there. No fangirls. No Tablo. UGH! WHY?!?!?!?!?

I was to hungry to act angry. And I entered the curry restaurant. All tired and sweaty.

The smell of curry calmed me down. But really, two bad luck events already happened.
With Tablo and Rapmonster!!!!

"Your boyfriend is in the bathroom. Do you want to wait for him or do you know what he wants to order." The waiter asked.
Boyfriend?
"I'll have a Thai Green Curry. How about you?" The quiet guy asked.
They were waiting for my order for like 5 minutes.
"Oh. Um there's a mistake. Can-" I said.
"I'm sorry, Ma'am. All the one seat areas are full." The waiter replied.
"Oh, okay. I'll sit here. I'll have a Japanese curry, please." I said sitting down.

"Did you follow me here?" I asked.
"No, I come here regularly." He replied.
"Liar. If you were a regular here they would have known if I was your girlfriend or not." I responded.
"Okay I did follow you. You run pretty fast. Are you a fan of Tablo?" He questioned. I knew it.
"Yes, I'm a fan. I was in track/field. And you're a creep, quiet guy." I responded.
"You already forgot my name?" He scoffed.

"Give me a hint." I asked. I was tired of calling him quiet guy. I mean I can't call him a quiet guy anymore.
"Fine. In English it starts with a H and ends with a N." He replied.
"HyunWon?" I questioned. He just chuckled.
"Please tell me! Please!" I asked.

"Are you sure you guys aren't dating? You guys are the cutest couple in this restaurant." Another waitress (late 30s maybe) said.
"Heh. Thank you for the meal." I said.
"Wow, didn't know you could be so polite and cute." He said.
"Whatever HyunWon." I said and stuck my tongue out.

"Feed me a bite of yours then I'll tell you." He requested. Why is he playing hard to get. Just for his name.
"Add a bit of potato." He added. I just closed my eyes in frustration. I fed him. He just ate happily. I'm like aren't you forgetting something?

"Oh. It's Hanbin. Kim Hanbin." He said and smiled.

His smile is so pretty... Wait what did I just say? His high cheekbones are so cute! Seriously Chaemi stop it. Jackson's smile is cuter than his. That's more like it Chaemi.

"I'll pay." Hanbin said.
"Okay. Thanks Hannie." I said. Wait, that nickname just slipped out of my mouth I didn't mean to. He just chuckled.
"Let's go. I'll walk you back to the dorm." He said. With his arm over my shoulder.
"Okay. I was wondering, what department are you majoring in?" I asked.
"I, Hannie, is majoring in music." He joked.

"It just slipped out. Hanbin." I said.
"Don't call me Hanbin. Hannie is better." He said in a serious but cute voice.
"Fine. Is there a ice cream shop around?" I asked.
"I'll take you, it's really close by the dorm." He replied.
"Really! Hannie jjang!" I said. Hanbin just ruffled my hair as if I was a kid.

I ordered a mint chocolate chip while he ordered birthday cake. He also payed since my wallet was in my dorm.

"Let's take pictures on the bench!" He happily said.
"Okay. Seven-year-old." I said. My dad always said to cherish memories.
We made silly faces and serious faces. And pictures with our ice cream. After we were done eating our dessert. We walked back to the dorm.

"Can we exchange phone numbers? So we can hang out again?" He asked.
"Sure." I said and we exchanged numbers. I took a picture of myself with the 'L' hand sign on my chin. And named myself Mint Choco Chip.

I handed him back his phone and we walked in the building boarding the elevator. He was on level 4 while I was level 3.

"Bye Hanbin. Thanks for following me. And for the free food!" I said waving good bye. He waved back and smiled. It was 8:57PM already. Wow, what a long day.

When I entered the dorm Bobby and Haeyeon were sleeping on each other on the couch. I didn't bother to wake them up. I took a shower and and checked my phone. I looked at the contacts. I looked through it all and one caught my eye. [Hannie ❤️]... His picture was like mines! With the 'L' hand sign on his chin. Weird.

*You have a text message from Hannie ❤️...

▪️▪️▪️
Hey. Are you asleep?
-Hannie ❤️

No. It's weird we have the same poses for each other's contacts.
-Mint Choco Chip ✨

I thought that too! But it's not Mint Choco Chip anymore. I bet you kept that heart. 😏
-Hannie ❤️

How would you know. 😏
-Mint Choco Chip ✨

I don't, it's a guess.
-Hannie 🙈💖

Whatever. If you didn't know, Bobby's at our dorm.
-Mint Choco Chip ✨

That means Haeyeon is your roommate right? Unless...
-Hannie 🙈💖

I can prove to you that Haeyeon is my roommate. Give me a minute.
-Mint Choco Chip ✨

Okay. You now have 55 seconds.
-Hannie 🙈💖
▪️▪️▪️

"Jerk." I mumbled. I took a picture of the couple on the couch and sent it to him.

▪️▪️▪️
Does that prove she's my roommate?
-Mint Choco Chip ✨

Yes. It does darling, the case is closed.
-Hannie 🙈💖

Thank you Sherlock. Could you send some photos we took?
-Mint Choco Chip ✨

Sure. Here are all of them. Your turn.
-Hannie 🙈💖

*Hannie 🙈💖 sent 28 photos...

Here are all of them.
-Mint Choco Chip ✨

*You sent 43 photos...
▪️▪️▪️

HanBin's P.O.V
We talked until it was 11:00PM. She's the first girl I ever payed for and took pictures with. (Excluding family of course.)

I looked back at the pictures I secretly took ever since I started to follow her. I should make a flipagram. She looks so beautiful even if she not looking at me. Woah... Hanbin what's happening?

I looked back at our messages.

▪️▪️▪️
Goodnight Hannie.
-Minnie Bae ❤️

Night. Bae Chaemi.
-Hannie ❤️
▪️▪️▪️
(A/N They have different P.O.V so I'll make the phone work like this. If the changed their contact name then one day after. The other person will see it. And it will update to the name. So Chaemi and Hanbin will see their new contact names tomorrow as notification.)

Smiling to myself like a idiot, is the simile of the day for me.

It's MORNING...

BAE CHAEMI'S P.O.V

I woke up nice and early so I could have some time for breakfast. Took a nice warm shower and became a fashionista. Where's Haeyeon? I looked in her room and her bathroom. But I couldn't find her. Then I heard snoring. Oh! I forgot that they were still here. I'm gonna make it rain!

I went over to them with a cup full of water and sprinkled them with cold water. While singing....

"It's raining, it's pouring, the couple is snoring~ LIKE FOR 3 TIMES.

WAKE UP!"

They finally came to their senses and woke up. "Good morning sunshine! And Shrek!" I said.

Bobby and Haeyeon bid their goodbyes.

"It's 8:30 AM, Haeyeon~ Only 30 minutes to look fab." I sang. It was actually 7:30 AM. I'm such a jokester.

Haeyeon yelled, "UGH. EVEN AN HOUR AND A HALF ISN'T ENOUGH FOR ME TO LOOK FABULOUS." after she found out it was 7:30 AM.

I'll tell her about my Tablo experience later.

I attended my class and was the first one there. Where do I strike today? It's Friday which means no classes. I'm not that passionate to schedule classes on the weekends.
I have to choose either Chanyeol or Ricky. Go to the SM building or get a MBC Music Core front seat to see Teen Top perform.

Cons
Option 1, he might not be there or I might be too far just like that Tablo event.

Option 2, it costs money or I have to go buy shoe lifts or wedges. Cause I'm short.

Pros
Option 1, are there any? I step on the same ground and breath the same breath from SNSD, EXO, SHINee, f(x), SUJU, and more. When I get there...

Option 2, I can see them up close and I see more than just TEEN TOP. Jackson Bae is there!

--------------

Option 2 is the best. I don't care if I'm spending money I'll repay by being a doctor. I'll ask if Haeyeon wants to go. She'll never refuse if I already bought the tickets. Anyways class the bell rang and I started taking notes.

The bell rang so it was lunch time. Music and Medical are together. While Law and Business is together, that's why I don't see Haeyeon. I got my lunch and sat down not at the same place but at a circle table. I texted Hanbin if he could accompany me. But a person already sat down and it wasn't Hanbin.

"Hey, mind if I sit here?" He asked.
"Not at all. I was feeling a bit alone anyways." I replied.
"Thanks. I'm Seung Cheol." He said.
"Hi. I'm Chaemi. You must be in the Music department." I said.
"Yea. You must be in the Medical department." Seung Cheol said.
"Yep. What's your specialty? Singing? ?" I asked.

"Rap. My nickname is S. C-" he said being cut off by Hanbin.
"Hey. S. CUPS." Hanbin said.
"It's COUPS. BI." S. COUPS declared.
"It's B.I, COUPS." Hanbin replied.
"Okay, okay. Break it up rivals. We got it, Hanbin is B.I and Seung Cheol is S. COUPS. There." I said settling it down.
"Sit down and eat." I added acting motherly like two boys fighting over a piece of pie.

"Why is he sitting with you? And I told you to call me Hannie." He exclaimed.

S. COUPS spit out his water he was about to gulp.

"I was getting lonely. And it's too awkward to say that in front of people." I said.
"HAHAHA. Hannie? And I thought B.I was bad." S. COUPS laughed.

"WTF Seung Cheol. It's just a name." I responded.
"Dude, I feel bad for your girlfriend." Hanbin added. He was just left there feeling guilty while Hanbin and I walked away to put away our lunch.

We were like partners in crime. And when we become closer we become more aware. When someone I don't like flirts with me, he'll become my fake boyfriend. And I want to follow that path. So we could become real lovers. And kiss.....

Whoa.

Totally not like you.

I'm gonna see Jackson tomorrow!

And stalk him.

Then next week I go stake outside the SM building until Chanyeol comes out.

Yep. That's more like the Chaemi I know.

Ouo. Better go buy my tickets before they sell out.