...you didn't say at all

The things...

It's absolutely normal for a person to suddenly change their preference in music genre and change their playlist, Jimin thinks, but not for a certain Jeon Jeongguk to ditch his usual dance songs playlist to slow songs playlist in under a month, and even plugging his playing phone to the speaker during the breaks of their late night practices.

 

It is far from normal.

 

Jimin stays seated, his hands idle on his lap and watches as Jeongguk slowly lies down on the floor. Hoseok was gone already, choosing the comfort of his bed over them, leaving them with a tired goodbye an hour ago. He and jeongguk hadn't talked since that night, or more like he hadn't approached the youngest and Jimin went from being Jeongguk's clingy fanboy to being Yoongi's favorite dongsaeng.

It's not like he doesn't want to, but more like he has to, because Jimin would never force Jeongguk in a position where he feels uncomfortable and irritated. He tried hard to avoid being alone in the same room as him, but never stopped going to their late night practices mainly because Hoseok was always there with them. And now that the older is gone, Jimin feels so awkward that the thought of running away has crossed his mind more times than he had blinked, but doing so means he has to walk by Jeongguk who never left the area near the door, and that was the last thing he wants to do right now.

 


 

The songs in Jeongguk's new playlist were mostly in English, so Jimin can barely understand them, except for those words that he heard Namjoon use in his freestyle raps. Meaning, Jimin didn't care about the songs until one particular song played. He remembered Jeongguk tweeting a song recommendation of it but was too busy trying to avoid him to even try and listen to it. (Until last night when Taehyung forced them to listen to it by playing it throughout the night. "I don't know where Jeongguk finds these songs but I think I'd have to ask him now because this one is really good.")

Jimin didn't pay attention to the lyrics at first, thinking that Jeongguk listening to it was a one time thing. But now that he has heard the so-called perfect playlist first hand, he couldn't even think of anything other than the lyrics of the song and how many the times the singer has repeated the same line over and over again throughout the three minutes and thirty-five seconds that it played loudly through the speakers.

 

But I need to tell you something

I know I hurt you but

Could you love me again.

I didn't know love back then but

Baby, love me again.

This time, I'll really

Love you harder

Baby, one more time

love me again.

 


Jimin hadn't thought much of this one particular quote he saw on the Internet, "The lyrics to a person's favorite song are the words they could never say," thinking that it was stupid and even mockingly repeating it and saying, "but what if their favorite song was Spongebob's opening theme?"

But now as he watches Jeongguk rise from the chair he was sitting on in front of him and Yoongi and choosing to sit instead beside their manager, who he remembers Jeongguk saying was "-no fun. He keeps scolding me no matter what I do."

As he watches Jeongguk sliding over to the shotgun seat instead of the seat beside him as they drive back to the company building.

And as he watches Jeongguk looking at him from the mirror with the same look he used to give the youngest, he couldn't think of any profound quote more true than that one.