...you said that made me feel like

The things...

It isn’t like every single person in the universe is aware of Jimin’s painfully obvious crush on Jeon Jeongguk. But the thing is, with the way he searches for him in each and every corner he could, and the way he shouts his name an octave higher just for the sake of it, he expects Jeongguk to at least get the hint.

But if there is a recognition award for the densest person alive, it would be delivered to Jeongguk in heavily secured packaging before anyone could even enter the contest, Jimin thinks as he searches for the younger everywhere.

Their company building isn’t even big compared to the other places he’s searched him in, and yet it’s been half an hour and he still very much lacks a Jeon Jeongguk in his hands.

“Jeongguk-ie!” He calls out, knowing how much the other hates the nickname, more so, when it’s Jimin’s squeaky high pitch voice he hears saying it. He marches hall per hall, peeking in on each cubicle, opening any door that looks unlocked.

“Jeongguk!” He calls again, this time in a lower octave, low enough that it can, maybe, challenge Taehyung’s eternal baritone voice.

 


 

He comes face to face with an ajar door, bright light streaming through the cracks. He hears people talking, he steps closer to hear better and he recognizes the voices as Namjoon and Jeongguk. Jimin was about to scream out his name when he hears Jeongguk speak, “I don’t know, hyung, it makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes.”

“What does?” He hears Namjoon ask, probably preoccupied with his phone because his voice sounds too distant unlike Jeongguk who sounds truly distressed. Jimin stays at the door, his back on the wall, and his hand enclosed around the knob.

“Jimin hyung.” Jeongguk answers, a bit softly as if he can sense the mentioned member’s presence outside the door. Jimin stops the dejected whimper from passing his lips, his hold on the door loosens for awhile. 

“Jimin?” Namjoon sounds instantly interested, it was a rarity for Jeongguk to open up, and Jimin can hear it in his voice that he’s not passing this moment up.

Jeongguk hums affirmatively, and Jimin feels weak in the knees. He wants to move out and stop eavesdropping, but there’s this stubborn side to him that demands to be given an explanation or reason of some sort.

“I don’t know… It’s just, there’s a limit to everything,” Jeongguk says. “Like he gets too clingy sometimes, and I can’t tell him off because he gets really sensitive every time.” He continues, and Jimin thinks he should’ve left earlier when they paused.

“So it must mean that you care for him, right? Because you said he gets sensitive sometimes, and you don’t want that?” Namjoon asks, sounding curious as much as Jimin is feeling hopeful towards the youngest’s answer.

Jeongguk grumbles for a bit, and Jimin’s hopeful feeling withdrew from his system as quick as it came. “I don’t know, not really? It’s just, I don’t want to feel guilty for hurting someone’s feeling for something so petty.” Jeongguk utters slowly.

“I just- if he’s bored, go bother someone else, I guess? Like, it unnerves me sometimes how he’s always beside me when I obviously don’t want him to be.” He admits, and Namjoon hums appreciatively.

 


 

No matter how much his stubborn side pushes him to stay and continue listening, there is a limit to everything, and Jimin thinks he just crossed his, maybe even farther than he intends to. 

He removes his grasp one finger at a time, and tiptoes away from the door. There are some things that are better left unsaid; questions left unanswered, and confessions left undeclared, Jimin concludes as he saunters depressingly back to their dorms and successfully topples face down on his bunk.

“How did your confession to maknae go?” Taehyung asks, Jimin imagines him with his head dangling on the side, glancing at him expecting a story that could surpass any typical romance story in his manga books.

 

“It didn’t.” Jimin answers faintly.