Lee Hyukjae

Your Energy is My Drug.

 

Love. Hate. Happiness. Depression. What are these? The logical answer would be emotions. Everybody has them, am I right? Wrong. When God started handing out those small red boxes full of 'emotions', I must of been in the bathroom. I'm not sure if they have a technical term for someone like me but, I guess you could say I'm emotionless. Don't get me wrong, I'm a good faker. I could go proffesional but, it is what it is. I was born with emotion. Well, until I lost it a few years ago ... Well, more like 13 years ago. I was around ... 11 or 12. A regular, sunny day. I was outside, playing a game with my older brother Donghwa. Nothing but warmth from the sun and the sound of birds chirping. Until my Mother came running out of the house, shouting at Donghwa to watch me. Apprently she needed to go to the hospitial. Well, that's what I believe she said. Hours went by and me and my hyung sat on the couch, watching tv. You see, my Father had been very sick but, we were not financially stable for him to take time off from his job. So, he went to work anyway, only to pass out half way through. Later that night my Mother came home. Her face covered in tears. Being young, I tried to comfort her and tell her it's alright. I truly believed it was alright because, my Father was the strongest person I knew. Yet, he wasen't strong enough. He died a few days afterwards. The last emotion I can remember I had was, my heart felt like it had stopped. It could of, considering I passed out. I woke up the next morning in a hospitial bed. From then on, I had not felt any of the pleasures of happiness or the dread of sadness. Well, I decided to live on my own after I graduated Highschool. Got a part time job as a waitor at a cafe. Life is just dragging on like it should be. Until today. It was around 11 PM and I decided to take a walk. The feeling of the cold air against my skin is refreshing. When I look up, I see a studio but, the door was open. I decided to walk up to the door but, then I noticed the light up the flight of stairs was on. I should see if someone's here before I lock them in or something. Not like they couldn't unlock themselves but, still. I dragged my feet to the tops of the stairs to see an empty dance studio. I haven't danced in awhile. As a kid, I loved it. My Father praised me for it, saying that it was a natural talent for me, unlike him. I threw my heavy jacket on the ground, walking to the mirrors that took up the entire left wall. I placed my hand against it, looking at the man in the reflection.
 
"Lee Donghae."
 
Isn't that what those theropists say to do? Look at yourself and ask who you are? That never made sense to me. Wouldn't that just make you more insane? You stare at yourself and talk to yourself. Oh well. I backed to the middle of the floor, pulling out my ipod before placing the headphones around my neck against my ears. As the beat pulses through my ears, my body moves. Almost in perfect motion. Maybe my Father was right. I was a natural. One last spin on my heels and my eyes open, seeing another man's reflection bouncing off the mirror. I turned my head, sliding my headphones off. The mans platinum blonde hair just skimmed his eyelids, and his pillowy pink lips placed together. His skin looked flawless, like porcelain. He's very handsome. I put on my best smile before bowing. He mimicked me, before leaning against the door frame. Interesting. I approached him, running my fingers through my now puffy hair.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo~ Are you the owner of this studio?"
 
"Ani. My friend is though. How did you get in here?"
 
Maybe I shouldn't have intruded. With another smile, I furrowed my brows slightly, scratching the back of my scalp.
 
"Well, you see ... I was walking passed and I thought this place looked very ... Interesting. The door was open so I went to close it but, I noticed the upstairs lights were on so, I thought I'd come see if anyone was up here. Noone was. I got too caught up in my music and dancing, I didn't even think about the fact I'm intruding. Mianhe."
 
The man before me only smirked. He walked passed me, almost gliding. I watched as he opened the closet near the mirror. He pulled out a small radio, placing it on the floor before placing his ipod on the top. Turning it on, music started blasting through. His movements were so swift and soft. He danced like a professional. Like he has danced his entire life. The beat of the music made my heart beat faster. My feet lead me to the floor, dancing in unison with the strange blonde. Our bodies linked and we moved together, my face only inches from his. I have never met this man in my life but, he has got me dancing with him, our bodies touching? Suddenly, he turned, wrapping his small arms around my neck, letting his hands rest on my back. I paused, cocking my eyebrow as I looked at the man's eyes. He stopped moving, furrowing his brows.
 
"What's your name?"
 
My name? Why has he suddenly asked for my name?
 
"Lee Donghae, at your service. And you?"
 
"Lee Hyukjae."
 
He smiled, showing his gums in the process. I made my smile wider, resting my hands on the man named Hyukjae's hips. His expression then turned serious, sliding his hands against my cheeks softly.
 
"Lee Donghae ... May I ask you something?"
 
"Of course."
 
I squeezed his body closer, placing my forehead against his. One of those small hands then slide to my chest, right across my heart. Those dark orbs meeting mine.
 
"Where's your emotion?"
 
That's the hardest question I've ever been asked. Where is my emotion?