Empathic

Your Energy is My Drug.

 

Tears? Did I upset him?
 
"Lee Donghae ..."
 
I never meant to upset him. I guess I should apologize, shouldn't I? Making someone cry like this. It's horrible ... Right? I wrapped my arms around the fragile man, pulling him as close to my body as I could. his platinum, blonde hair, I placed a soft kiss against his temple. For some reason, He doesn't look right crying like that. I can't let him. Tightness pulled at the front of my shirt and I looked down, seeing his small hands tight against the fabric. 
 
"Don't cry, Hyukjae. It's alright."
 
"How do you live like that?"
 
I wish I knew an answer to that. I guess the fact of not feeling anything contributes to it.
 
"Well, it's easy. I don't feel the dread or depression someone else would feel, so living isn't that hard. I just wish I could feel the warmth of love or happiness once in awhile. Really, it isn't that hard to-"
 
What is this? He pressed those fluffy lips tight against mine, wrapping his small arms around my neck. The sudden force made me fall backwards, landing on my back against the wood floor. My eyes laid against his face, half closed. These are the times I'd like to have emotions ... A kiss. My first kiss. Nothing. When we parted, his eyes met mine. I reached up, the tears from his cheeks. With a small smile, he sat up, pulling me along with him. We sat there, staring at eachother. Should I look surprised? Happy? Sad? It doesn't matter either way because, I poured my heart to a random stranger. He knows my secret, why try and mask it now? He then took my hands in his, them with his thumbs gently. I turn my gaze to his fingers. His hands. So small, skinny. As if there's no muscle.
 
"It's only fair I tell you about myself now, isn't it?"
 
With a nod, Hyukjae crawled infront of me, sitting across from me. Now that I think about it, how did he know I had no emotions? I'm almost positive I masked that smile perfectly. No flaw. After all, I've perfected it by now. Not to mention, that shock I felt. I want to know.
 
"My story isn't very much different from yours ... My parents had abandoned me and my older sister when we were young. We were left in an orphanage. That place was dreadful. They abused us, fed us once a week, and never really checked up on us. Once we turned old enough, me and Sora left. We lived our lives normally. Well, she did. Until she died 3 months ago of cancer."
 
"Oh, I'm very sorry for your loss."
 
There's that smile again. His hands slid into mine, lacing our fingers. I cocked my head to the side, blinking slightly. None of that, yes, being very sad an all, answered my question.
 
"But, Hyukjae. Answer me one thing. How did you know about me? My lack of emotion, I mean."
 
What's with him and that smile? I want to touch him. I want to see what's within this beautiful human being. I guess you could say his smile is 'killer'. Screw it. I reached up, cupping his face. Leaning in, I placed a soft kiss against his lips before pulling away, looking at his now shocked expression. Those cheeks turned pink and he looked down, placing a hand against his chest. Did I embarass him? How cute.
 
"U-Um ... To answer your question ... I'm Empathic."
 
"Empathic?"
 
"I can feel other's emotions. That's how I knew you didn't have any. I felt nothing from you. No happiness. No sadness. Nothing."
 
Empathic. He gets more and more interesting by the second. It must be hard. To feel a million different emotions at once. Yes, I may not feel any but, it's better than feeling happy, then sad, then surprised. I couldn't imagine.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick note; Next chapter. Would you guys like , yes or no?
 
I didn't want to write it and my lovely readers not like it. So, please leave comments! Thank you~