six.

rogue planets

You tell me you love me at six— 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

“I want more cheese in my omelette.”

Soojung glares at him, perched on the kitchen counter. “What’s the magic word?”

Sehun smiles sweetly, dangling the plastic bag of shredded mozzarella in front of her face. “Now.”

Soojung grabs it from him and whacks his forehead with it before grabbing a handful of cheese and scattering it in the pan. “Ugh, you.”

“No thanks. Don’t you get enough of that from Jongin? Ow, Soojung, owwww!!” Sehun pouts and rubs at his ear, which Soojung had just tried to stretch to the floor. “Why are you so mean to me?”

Soojung gapes at him. “I’m making you breakfast!”

“To compensate for the way that you and Jongin scarred me for life — ”

“For the last time, you weren’t supposed to be here last night. Okay? You were supposed to be on your way home — ”

“Can I help that I missed the last train? Okay, I could have double-checked the schedule beforehand but it was too late by the time I got there, obviously… and I got here first, okay, I was cozy in bed by the time you and Jongin started going at it — ”

Ughhhhhhh…” Soojung sighs and rolls her eyes far back, and Sehun knows full well she is more embarrassed than irritated. So he smirks and adds, “Even when I moved to the living room — ”

“Is Sehunnie bothering you?” Fresh out of the shower, Jongin snakes an arm around Soojung’s waist and notches his chin on top of her head. 

“Yes,” Soojung replies, flipping the omelette over. “Would it be too much to throw him out the window?”

Jongin hides his smile in her hair. “He might be a bit too big for that, unfortunately.” He leans down to kiss her cheek and Sehun gags. “He’ll talk a little less once you feed him, I promise.”

“Or..?”

“Or we can tie something around his mouth.”

Sehun folds his arms and grumbles, “If only you tied something around your mouth last night — ”

Jongin untangles himself from Soojung’s back and pulls Sehun down in a vice-tight headlock. Sehun sputters and smacks at Jongin’s arm furiously but he doesn’t budge. “Soojung, help me!”

“Busy making your omelette, sorry,” Soojung replies as she grabs a plate. She pays no mind to the two boys wrestling behind her as she carefully drizzles ketchup on the eggs, only turning around when she hears a loud thud. “Guys!”

They were both on the floor, Sehun sprawled on top of Jongin, and it wasn’t difficult to figure out what had happened. “Get off me,” Jongin mumbles into Sehun’s shoulders, futilely attempting to push him off. “You’re ing heavy for a bag of bones.” Mercilessly, Soojung steps over the both of them as Sehun struggles to scramble to his feet.

Soojung fries bacon and frozen tater tots to supplement the eggs, and it’s not exactly a nutritious home-cooked meal but to them, it basically is. After, the boys fight over whose turn it is to wash the dishes as Soojung slopes off into the bathroom.

Later, Sehun is perched on the kitchen counter once again, nursing a carton of strawberry milk, looking at the other two who are sitting around the coffee table with textbooks spread out between them. “Is this your only plan for the day?”

“Yes,” Jongin answers without looking at him. “Soojungie has a Finance exam and I have an essay.”

Sehun fidgets. “Can’t you take me to the movie theater first?”

Jongin turns to look at him then. “Why do I have to?”

“Because you have a car,” Sehun says.

“You have legs,” Jongin replies. “Use them.”

“You should go soon if you really want to,” Soojung interjects before Sehun could retort. “It’s supposed to snow later in the day.”

“It’s supposed to snow?” Sehun’s eyes bulge out. “That’s it, I’m not going anywhere.”

Jongin heaves a sigh as his roommate tosses the empty carton into the bin and skulks back into his room. “There goes our only chance of getting rid of him,” he says aloud, half joking.

“I heard that, Kim Jongin,” and said roommate reenters the living room with his iPad. “I was planning on staying in my room quietly and not disturbing you, but…”

“That wouldn’t have lasted five minutes anyway,” Jongin remarks as Sehun puts a cushion on Jongin’s lap and lays his head there.

Sehun ends up not being a disturbance in the end as he quietly watches something on his iPad with his earphones on. Soojung and Jongin work peacefully for hours, and Jongin doesn’t even notice that Sehun had fallen asleep on his lap until he attempts to get up to make corn tea.

“Aren’t you the one who usually falls asleep everywhere?” Soojung remarks as she gets up to make the tea in his stead.

“Yeah.” Jongin grins as he absentmindedly Sehun’s hair. “Hey, did I ever tell you about the time I fell asleep on a carousel?”

“No… How old were you?”

“Old enough… Seventeen, maybe? I was really tired from exams, and my older sisters took me to the amusement park to give me a break.”

“And you fell asleep?”

“Yeah, it was just going round and round so slowly, so I fell asleep hugging the horse’s neck…”

“The horse?” Soojung sounds genuinely confused.

“Yeah, the horse on the carousel…”

Soojung is quiet as she pours boiling water into the teapot. “Ah, yes. I think I know what you’re talking about. Sorry, I’ve never seen one in real life.”

“You’ve never — wait, a horse? A carousel?”

“A carousel,” Soojung answers shortly as she roots around for mugs.

“How come?”

Soojung shrugs. Her back is turned, so Jongin doesn’t get a good look at her expression, and he doesn’t know if this is something she’s open to talking about. When she doesn’t elaborate, Jongin fills the silence. “My sisters liked to take me to the amusement park. I think it started when I was a baby.”

“I don’t think I’ve ever been to one,” Soojung admits, walking back to the living room with a teapot in one hand and two mugs in the other. Jongin blinks at her in surprise, and she continues, “I’ve always wondered what it was like, as a child, then I suppose I just forgot.”

Jongin watches as she carefully pours the hot tea. “Do you still want to find out?”

“Huh?”

“If you’ve always wondered…” He takes his mug from her, and their fingers brush against each other. “We should go. To the amusement park.”

Soojung turns to look at him, and Jongin can’t read the look in her eyes. But then she smiles. “Sure,” she says, “we should.”

 

 

 

 

Jongin has never seen Soojung quite like this, gaping at everything with wide-eyed, childlike wonder. “I don’t even know where to go first,” she says as she clutches his hand. 

“Um…” Jongin looks around. “What about the carousel? That is what led us here, after all.”

Soojung agrees, and that’s where they head off to. Jongin notices all the little things she stares at; balloons, fluffy ears, giant plush toys. He vows to himself that he will give her the most complete, stereotypical amusement park experience he can, just to keep that look on her face.

He’s not sure she enjoyed the carousel very much — “I don’t get how you can fall asleep on this,” Soojung mutters, arms tightly wrapped around the horse’s neck — so he steers her towards the carnival games with giant plush toy prizes. He’s not the best, but Soojung is hilariously bad, so he doesn’t seem that bad in comparison. He fails to obtain any of the giant plushies, but Soojung asks for a smaller rabbit plushie, which Jongin wasn’t able to get exactly — he narrowly misses and gets one of a puppy instead — but the employee in charge had overheard their conversation and given them the rabbit.

Soojung had thanked him abruptly, but she clutches the toy like a lifeline, and Jongin notices that her smile doesn’t leave her lips.

Soojung doesn’t seem to want to do much, just walk around and observe their surroundings. At some point, after Jongin had bought her a balloon and some popcorn, they end up just sitting on a bench.

Jongin spots a ferris wheel in the distance and says, “Soojung, you’re not afraid of heights or anything, are you?”

Soojung shakes her head and follows the direction of his gaze. “Oh…”

“What do you think?” 

Soojung stares, unblinking, with shiny eyes for a moment. Then she turns to him with a small smile, and Jongin gets up. “Let’s go.”

 

 

 

 

As their pod moves further up, Jongin is relieved to note that she’s not at all deterred by their height; instead, she’s just looking out at the park in wonderment. Jongin, in turn, is just watching her. 

They’re at the highest point when Soojung finally turns away from the glass and looks at Jongin. His smile grows a little wider. “Are you having fun?”

Soojung pauses before saying, “I am. Thank you for taking me here.” Another pause, before she’s whispering, “I love you, Jongin.”

Jongin blinks, not sure if he’s hearing things, but she’s leaning in to kiss him and he doesn’t get the chance to respond.

Knowing Soojung, she probably wouldn’t want to be reminded of her confession, even if Jongin says the same thing back. He’ll figure out how to reciprocate her admission later. For now, he decides he’ll just reciprocate her heartfelt kiss.

 

//

a/n (kind of long because it's been forever)

so................................... hello

i don't even know if anyone's still here, but if anyone is, I AM SO SORRY for abandoning this for four years

i honestly don't remember what happened, i guess i just lost motivation and stopped...??? i wasn't lying about knowing roughly what will happen in this whole story, but... well. (i planned for 5-6 more chapters btw... so we're maybe halfway done)

i had like 60% of this chapter written, from all those years ago, so i thought i'd at least try to pick up where i left off. i have no idea how this all would turn out; if i can successfully complete this or if it would be any good because i'm rusty lol. let's see what happens i guess~

also one more thing i'd like to say... i still love all the people who these characters are based off of, that hasn't changed, but i want to reclarify that these characters really do not reflect what i think of the people irl and what i think of their relationship and stuff (i just realized the kaistal dating news broke out mere months after my last update on this LOL what are the odds). i mean... none of my characters ever really reflect the irl people, but now that i'm revisiting this story and what i had planned for it and stuff, i realize that it's very different esp with my current thoughts on them. 

tl;dr, if anybody was waiting, so sorry for the long hiatus, and i will try to wrap up this story, but no promises. ^^