Intro: Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Blindfolded

 

Jimin looked at the boy before him anxiously. The older boy, Yoongi, looked so shocked of what he just heard from Jimin, and he seemed so blank. Jimin’s heart was beating so fast and he felt like throwing up now.

 

Jimin hoped he could turn back the time. He hoped he didn’t say what he just said. Because the look he got from the boy before him was unreadable and unfamiliar. Jimin was really anxious and he wanted to run.

 

But he had said it. He couldn’t back out now. He could only stand, and wait.

 

Jimin saw that the other boy was planting his eyes on the ground now. He looked like he was thinking. It looked almost funny how Yoongi seemed to think so hard with his dumbfounded expression. But Jimin couldn’t find it funny now. In fact, it was scary as hell.

 

Jimin didn’t know what to say further. So, he just looked at Yoongi in a questioned look. Jimin looked at the other male in front of him nervously. He was looking at Yoongi in a terrifying silence. He was waiting for an answer.

 

The brown-haired boy in front of Jimin looked somehow confused.

 

Why was he confused? Was it that confusing?

 

Yoongi suddenly looked up and turned to look at Jimin. The younger boy couldn’t help but feel even more anxious. So, Jimin broke the eye contact.

 

Jimin heard Yoongi sighed, and then he heard the older boy muttered, “I’m sorry, Jiminnie.”

 

Jimin could hear the words clearly despite how quiet Yoongi had said it. They were standing in a quiet place though, so everything sounded ten times louder, it’s annoying.

 

Just with those three words, Yoongi then turned from Jimin. He then walked away. He left Jimin, who could only stand in frozen there. He walked without looking back. Not even once.

 

Yoongi’s back was no longer in sight when Jimin’s brain finished processing the three words.

 

Jimin dropped to his knees.  He didn’t care that he dirtied his school uniform. He was demented. He couldn’t think clearly. He looked at the ground blankly.

 

Jimin’s mind wandered. He thought about all the affections the older male gave to him all this time.

 

Did he misunderstand it? Why didn’t Yoongi give any explanation? Well, it’s not that it would change anything though. But still.

 

 

I walk a lonely road

The only one that I have ever known

Don’t know where it goes

But it’s home to me and I walk alone

 

 

Jimin was walking down the road. He didn’t really care where he was going right now. The path was quiet. And the street lights were dim. Jimin only wanted to embrace the calming silence at the moment.

 

Only this morning, Jimin went to school with happiness surrounding his happy self. Jimin stupidly thought that it would be the happiest day for him. But, well, it apparently turned out to be the worst day in the entire of his 15-year life.

 

Jimin felt uninvited tears were flowing on his cheeks. He cried in silence.

 

 

I walk this empty street

On the Boulevard of broken dreams

Where the city sleeps

And I’m the only one and I walk alone

 

 

Jimin kept walking down the quiet street in that cold weather. It was so quiet that he could hear his own uneven heartbeat.

 

It was late in the afternoon. The sun was about to set, and the orange sky looked so gloomy somehow. It was not a common hour for people to take a walk in that area. That was why, Jimin was the only one that could be seen so far.

 

The black haired boy zipped his jacket, and he folded his arms in front of his chest rather tightly as the night breeze passed by his shaky body and touched his fair skin almost too gently.

 

 

My shadow’s only one that walks beside me

My shallow heart’s the only thing that’s beating

Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me

Till then I walk alone

 

 

 


 

I've decided to revise this story. because I read it again and realized it was a total mess.

Im so sorry, not major changes. I just fixed my choice of words and grammar error.

The next chapter will be up as soon as I finished revising it.

Thank youuu~