Final- Bump in the Night

The Haunting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The mansion was old and dreary with cobwebs hanging high up in the corners of the walls outside of it. It stood alone on a huge piece of land that hadn't been mantained for a long time. Grass as tall as someone's waist lined the path leading to the front door. He felt lucky enough to have not spotted one snake amiss the high grassy walls.

The property just echoed creepy but it belonged to Kang Seungyoon. Yep, the creepy place was all his. Would that even call for a celebration? He thought not.

Seungyoon stood outside glaring at the ancient structure. It wasn't something he would even call his home. Nonetheless he had no choice in the matter if he wanted to inherent the forture his old widowed aunt had left behind.

He was her only nephew and she had been his only parent since the death of his parents ten long miserable years ago. With that being said his father's famous conglomerate, Kang Industries and family fortune were passed down to the guardian over him which had been his late aunt.

No, it wasn't just about his inheritance, it was also about his way of choosing to live his life. His aunt had always hated the fact that he didn't want to settle down and get married.

He was a playboy at heart. A young man of twenty settling for marriage so early? 'Why marry one girl when you could have many?' has always been his motto in life and since he was sixteen he stuck by that way of thinking. Of course his aunt was none to pleased about it.

Seungyoon walked up to the front door. He reached in to the back of his jeans pocket to retrieve the mansion keys. Taking those same keys, he unlocked the door pushing it slightly open for just a tiny peek inside.

To his utmost surprise the mansion appeared to be in great condition and shape. It was as if someone had been taking care of the interior all these years. The only question remain in his head, was who?

He finally managed to make a step inside closing the door behind him. The place felt inviting and comfortable. Maybe his stay here could be for the greater good.

Scoffing at his own thoughts, he began looking around the place inspecting it for any misgrievances. When he found none, he went back outside heading to his car for his things. His aunt's lawyer would come by sometime that week to help organize everything in her will.

He walked over to the back door of his car opening the door to grab his belongings. Shutting the door back afterwards he made sure to lock it behind himself before heading back to the creepy looking mansion. Once back inside he made his way up the stairs heading in to the master bedroom.

He had already made up his mind to set to work on maintaining the landscape the next day so he was heading to bed pretty early. If he was going to be living there for a while, the place had to appear becoming to the human eye. He sat his luggage upon the bed ping one to gather his clothes for bed.

With clothes in hand he went in to the bathroom to take a much needed shower before heading to bed. He zipped the luggage back up placing them on to the floor. He got in to bed resting under the duvet for sleep.

Morning light shined in to the room brightening everything it touched. Seungyoon groggily woke up to begin the day. He got out of bed preparing himself mentally for a day of hard work.

Fully dressed in a plain white t-shirt, black basketball shorts with an old pear of black jays on his feet, he walked down stairs entering the kitchen. It was a nice size for a mansion. He walked over to the cabinets near the fridge opening one to find something quick to eat but seeing none. He made a mental note to buy some groceries later closing the cabinet back then turning to leave the kitchen.

Heading outside he went to the shed to retrieve the lawn mower and gasoline can. He poured the gasoline in the lawn mower then turned it on by pulling the string on the side after three annoying tries. He mowed the lawn as best he could still being in luck that snakes hadn't made their on to the property.

He worked hard not even noticing the appearance of a girl who was watching his every move. To the girl, his was tedious in his work but still hadn't said a word afraid of ruining his job for him. She walked over to the bench near the mansion door and sat down never taking her eyes off him.

Seungyoon paused in his yard work to removed his t-shirt from his toned torso tossing it in her direction without even looking back. The t-shirt landed upon her lap but she didn't notice. The girl was shocked by the sight of firm abs from the handsome piece of man meat. She in a breath choosing that moment to interrupt his deep concentration.

Hearing a strange noise behind his head, he stopped what he was doing glancing behind him. To his shock, he saw a very pretty girl. She graced him with a dazzling smile almost blin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter