Chapter 5: Please Remember

The Beast keeping You safe

Chapter 5: Please remember

_________________________

Jessica's POV

'I-It hurts...'I whimpered in pain when Taecyeon gripped my wrist harder, it was as if he was going to break it. "Let go!"

I look to him, he looked really mad now. What is happening? He's not usually like this.... "No one breaks up with me... If you don't come back to me, I'll just.." I hear him say, looking closely I see him bring a small knife out of his pocket. Causing me to gasp.

'N-No way...'

He came a bit closer, causing me to scream loudly. Maybe someone will hear.... "Taecyeon, what the !"I try to move away from him but his grip on my wrist was so tight, if I move any further he could break it. Tears start to form in my eyes, I don't want him to hurt me... "H-H-Help!!"I cried out, the tears falling now. He was coming closer and closer, it was really scaring me. I don't want to die!! The knife was at my neck now.

"Hey!!"I hear a husky female voice and turn quickly to see the person I've been so nervous around today. "H-Hyoyeon!!"I dropped the formalities and just call out to her. My sudden movement caused his knife to scratch my neck only a bit, but I could feel it bleeding.

Hyoyeon came running towards us, she was so fast. Next thing I know, Taecyeon was groaning in pain as my blonde knight twists his wrist. She pushed me back and was pushing him forward to seperate us.

"What do you think you're doing?"This is the most expression I've seen on her today. "Never hurt your girlfriend like that, even if she's your EX- now."She emphasized on the 'ex-' part. That's weird, it was like she was trying to get him aggravated.

"She's not my Ex-!!"Taecyeon yelled, pushing her back with a strong force. I flinched when Hyoyeon hit the wall hard. "Jessica belongs to me until I saw we're over!!"He turned to me again and was coming at me with the knife.

I screamed when he was just steps away and fell backwards. Before he could even reach me though, Taecyeon was tackled to the ground by Hyoyeon. She started punching him in the face hard, from what I could hear. All Taecyeon could do was blindly attack with his knife, cutting up her clothes and skin.

Even if she did that though, Taecyeon was still a guy. He has his advantages. He flipped the positions over and was ontop of Hyoyeon's small figure, fists raised. Taecyeon started to punch at Hyoyeon's face. Landing hits but she continuously dodged the rest of his throws, allowing him to hit the ground below them. Not being able to take it anymore, Taecyeon decided now would be the best time to use the knife.

He used his left hand to wrap at Hyoyeon's neck and keep her down while his right held the knife up high.

My heart started to beat like crazy, my legs were trembling. I don't know what to do!!!

I watch Hyoyeon as she gripped at his left arm with both her hands and attempted to break his arm. My eyes travel to her biceps, she was flexing, I could see it through the holes Taecyeon made on her shirt. Meaning she was using her strength now. My face scrunced up in disgust when I saw her attempt was actually working.

Taecyeon started to scream in pain, dropping his knife as he moved away from her quickly. Hyoyeon got up and picked the knife up, holding a stance. "J-Jes-shika...."She panted out. "Go get a t-teacher..."She tells me in a very loud tone.

I hesitantly get up and nod, I didn't want to leave her in all honestly but... I have to... She has the knife anywas so it's okay. I run down the way Hyoyeon came from and saw no one there but when I squinted really hard, I could see Ms.Kim at the end of the hall. She was reading something. "Seonsaengnim!!"I scream out to her. I need to run quickly if I want Hyoyeon to stay alive..

_________________

Hyoyeon's POV

I watched as Jessica ran away, hopefully Hyuna heard me scream that and moved a great amount of distance. If she did that then Jessica would have to run to get her then come back, that'll give me time to kill this er and make it seem like it was self-defense.

"You..."Ok Taecyeon panted. "Y-You're not... some average person, huh..?"He seemed back to normal now. Not as angered as before.

"Oh great, you know the truth."I tell him. I gripped the small knife tightly. "Now you won't die hidden in the dark..."I tell him seriously, glaring. "I'm really mad that you hurt her... I wasn't going to do anything till after today but... I guess faith had other plans huh?" Before he could protest or say anything, the knife already met with his neck. Piercing right through and causing blood to squirt out a bit, landing on my uniform. "Don't hate me for this, I'm just doing my job...."I tell him, pulling the knife out of his throat and moving back.

I watched Taecyeon suffer a bit, him gripping at his neck in pain. Muffled noises coming out of him. "Have you suffered enough?"I questioned silently. "Let me end this now.." I moved in closer again and saw tears at his eyes but that doesn't bother me...

'Those don't affect me anymore...' Was my last thought as I end it all and legitimately kill him. Dropping the knife and moving back.

_________________________

Jessica's POV

I lead Ms.Kim all the way to where Hyoyeon and Taecyeon are, explaining what had happened. She looked very worried and ran along with me, in her heels. She must really care about Hyoyeon.

When we got there, I could only gasp. I looked around and saw so much blood there. Looking some more, I saw Hyoyeon leaning against the wall. Her hands shielded her face as she sobbed. My eyes trailed to the lifeless body close by now.

My heart dropped when I saw Taecyeon lying there with his throat sliced. 'What....h-happened...?' I couldn't.. I just.. I don't know what to do. I just stood there with shock on my face.

Hyoyeon realized we were there, she stood there. Looking at me, I couldn't read her expression at all. It was all mixed. "I'm.... miahne... He just, came at me and I.... I'm so.. miahne... I thought he was gonna kill me..."even her words were all jumbled up.

Hyuna ran towards the blonde and was going to hug her but I beat her to it and hugged my blonde knight. My tears were still falling, I was fully crying now.

I felt really bad... like this was fully my fault. "I-I'm so sorry..."My english couldn't help but come out at this point..."This is my fault.."I nuzzled my face into her neck, crying hard at that point. Wetting her neck.

"Come on you two... Jessica, take Hyoraengi to the girls' locker room. Both of you take a shower and change quickly okay? You have extra clothes right?"Ms.Kim asked us. "I'll call the police and explain to them what happened, so don't worry about anything alright? Just go home and rest up."She says in a soothing voice.

Hyoyeon's POV

I inwardly scoffed, Hyuna sounded so professional. It was sickening in my head... Jessica slowly stood up straight, nodding slowly. She held my hand like before, our fingers intertwined. She didn't talk at all, she just started walking so I followed her.

'Hopefully my acting persuaded her into thinking I had no other choice but to kill him...' My thoughts went to before, when Jessica and Hyuna just appeared. 'Yea, i'm good..'

Jessica leads me all the way to the girls' locker room, I was holding both are bags since she was too weak and in an emotional state.

We walk in there and I place our bags to the side. I let go of her hand and was about to pull my clothes out from this morning but was being held back by Jessica. She was back hugging me.... I should push her away but.. I don't want to at the same time.

"Jes-shika?"I turn my head slightly to look at her a bit.

"Miahne..."She continuously mumbled that into my back, causing me to tremble.

"Jes-shika."I take her arms and pull them off me then face her. "Why are you sorry? I should be the one saying sorry...."I make the tone of my voice sadden so it's believable. In all honesty, I'm not sorry. Your boyfriend's death is a start of my mission, so thanks really.

"But... he hurt you so much..."Jessica looked up to stare me in the eyes. Shivers ran up my spine when our eyes met, she was doing something to me. Something weird, again. "I-I didn't think breaking up with him would--"

"Listen Jes-shika, let's not think about it okay? It'll only worsen things... like your feelings."I explain to her. "Try to think about other things, I don't want you so depressed like this."

She looked away, crying still. Ugh, I thought she was the so called 'Ice Princess'.... why is she doing this now?... "Sica.."I called her by the nickname the others gave her. "Please look at me, Sica."

Jessica hesitantly looked up to stare at me again, her eyes and cheeks wet from tears.

"Sica, I know it's been only a few hours but... I really like seeing you smile."I use my clean sleeve to wipe the wet spots on her face. "I noticed how rare it is to see you smile from today but, there were moments where you couldn't keep it in so you let it out."

Jessica continued to stare at me, her cheeks turning red.

"It must be weird coming from someone you still don't know to well but.. you have a beautiful smile and I wanna see it on you everyday."I tell her. I could've stopped but I just kept going for some reason. "Selfish right?"

Jessica shook her head, tears were falling again as she pulled me closer for an embrace. Why is she crying???? This is so confusing, I could be at home right now taking my usual bath but, noooo.

"T-Thank you.."I hear her whisper.

"No problem."I nodded. "Let's freshen up now... I'll go first okay? I need to clean the blood off of me, while I do that you can go call the others.. They must be worried sick since you haven't gone back to get them."

She moved back and gasped, "The others!"She just remembered. Jessica stepped back. "Instead of calling them, I-I'll go get them okay? So you can shower privately..." She suggested. I could only nod in agreement, not minding it.

The showers may have different stalls but I'm still weary of the thought of showering close to a girl whose not BoA-unnie.

Jessica leaves her things with me and goes off to get the others. When she left, I quickly pull my phone out to message Hyuna. Asking her if she asked the clean-up to come in and clean up the mess.

[The Witch]: Of course, Hyoraengi~ <3 Trust your unnie, okay?~ ~(^7^~)

[Me]: Stop calling me that, only BoA-unnie can call me that ._.

[The Witch]: Waaahhh (;[];'') So mean!!

[Me]: Get the job done already before someone catches us...

I put my phone away quickly and pull the clothes out from this morning, putting it close to the shower stall I'll be using. I strip and take a quick shower.. I don't like quick showers, I'd still feel dirty if I took one like that.

I the hot water and let the water hit my body. The hot water burning my skin, I like it like this... After a while when I saw my skin turning red from the heat, I turn the cold water on to cool it down.

'Hopefully those girls take their time on getting here....'

________________________________-

Sooyoung's POV

I may be exaggerating but it's been YEARS since Jessica's left us in this boring classroom.. All we've been doing was chat. I thought we were going to Karaoke after this with...Hyoyeon.

I wonder what she's doing right now..?

"Wow, Hyoyeon-unnie was really good during dance class."Seohyun commented, we have been talking about the blonde for a while now. Especially Tiffany, the girl seemed a little too excited.

"I agree."Yul nodded. "I wanna dance with her."She stated, crossing her legs.

"ually?"Taeyeon asked. Yul hit her, blushing.

"Byuntae!"Yuri grumbled causing laughter to erupt. I didn't laugh though, it's about Hyoyeon. I couldn't laugh...

"Speaking of Hyoyeon, Sooyoung."Taeyeon calls me out. "During singing class... Did you really gasp because you were surpsied Ms.Kim and Hyoyeon knew each other? It didn't seem like that was the case in my view.."

"You saw that too?"Yoona was agreeing with the danshin.

"I'm pretty sure we all saw that, Sooyoung's not that good with lying."Yuri pointed out the obvious.

I glare at her slightly before looking at the others, should I tell them the truth...? Maybe I should... but then I don't really have evidence, only that one nickname.. They're my best friends though so I should come clean....

Alright.

"Listen girls, I just remembered something from my past at that time."I tell them, standing up with a serious look. "I--"

Before the words slip out of my mouth, Jessica barges in. Panting.

"Oh my god, Jessica?"Tiffany stood up now, shocked to see the girl. "What happened? Why do you look like you just ran a marathon."

It's surprised me as well, she's usually lazy but right now she's sweating up a storm... So she must've ran quite a bit. Must be something serious if it's like this.

"H-Hyoyeon... she..." Jessica continued to pant. After a while of catching her breath though, she started explaining what happened before. Causing us to stare in disbelief.

"Hyoyeon? Kim Hyoyeon?"Yuri's eyes were widened. "The new student that just came in TODAY?"She pointed out.

"N-Ne!!"Jessica nodded furiously. Her expression was serious as she looked around at all of us. "She's in the girls' locker room right now taking a shower, she's badly injured too...."she sounded guilty now.

"That's no good unnie, we have to treat her wounds."As usaul, the pure hearted maknae spoke up. Seohyun stood up. "There's a first aid kit in the girls' locker room. Let's go over there and I'll treat her wounds."She suggested.

"Good idea."Yoona agreed with her fellow classmate. They were all getting up now, grabbing their bags that had their uniforms in there. We all had changed into our extra clothes, ready to party beforehand.

"Lead the way, Sica!"Tiffany says, pushing Jessica out of the homeroom. We followed them out and then followed Jessica to where she left Hyoyeon.

"Oh right... Sooyoung, you were telling us something before Jessica barged in."Taeyeon looked at me again.

"Oh uhmm....."I grew nervous again. More of them started to look towards me, even Jessica. At one point, we stopped walking just so I could finish what I was going to say before.... "I... I-I think Hyoyeon is... Okay listen.."I wanted to re-do this. I slapped my cheeks softly with both hands to wake me up from my nervousness and looked at them seriously.

"In the past... When I was about 6 -7, I had a best friend.."My memories went back to that time. "She was someone I really cared about, like really.... And she cared about me soo much too....Those feelings were seriously.. legit. It even came to the point where we promised that if we didn't find anyone in the future, we'd be together forever. We gave each other promise rings too, it was really silly but I was serious about it..."

"Wow, that's a very... adult-like promise for 7 year olds."Sunny commented.

"Shush."I shushed her. "Anyways... one day my best friend just... disappeared. I never saw her after the day she told me her parents cancelled our play date in the upcoming weekend..."I felt tears weld up in my eyes, thinking about her... My best friend in the past, really got me sad. Sorry, I'm a cry baby... "I asked our teachers and her neighbors if they know where she is but they didn't know either. Even her family was missing from what I heard from her neighbors..."

"Wait, unnie.."Yoona butts in a bit. "Promise rings?"She remembered what I said before. "Is your promise ring from her the one hanging from your necklace?"She asked me, motioning to the only jewlery I wore to school. I pick up the small ring hanging from a simple chain that was around my neck and look at it, my frown turning into a smile. I look inside the ring to see the letters, 'S.Y. x H.Y.' engraved in there.... It brought memories back, I asked my mom to get this done.....

"Ne... After a few years, when I grew and the ring couldn't fit me anymore. I turned it into a necklace and continued to wear it, in hope that my best friend would come back, see it and then recognize me...."I tell me truthfully. "She didn't come back to me though, I became frustrated over that in middle school.. That's why I was such a bad kid then.. It wasn't because of family problems, I just..."

"We understand unnie.."Seohyun nodded, rubbing my back as I cried.

"What's this got to do with before though?"Sunny reminded me.

"My best friend's nickname was Hyoraengi..."I say softly, hearing that caused them to gasp a bit. "That's why I gasped before when Ms.Kim called Hyoyeon that..."

"Why didn't you recognize her before? When she said her name or when you first saw her?"Tiffany was confused now.

"Her looks have changed, a lot."I explained. It was true, Hyoyeon is not a natural blonde and she looks so.. different now. "I thought she looked familiar but shook it off because I just couldn't think about whom she looked like, and I couldn't exactly remember her real name.. I only remembered her nickname cuz she told me to call her that since she liked it.. It's been so long since then..."

"Oh gosh.. That's really over-whelming... Not as much as what happened to Jessica and Taecyeon though."Tiffany commented, I agree with her. Jessica's situation could cause Trauma... "But it's still over-whelming."

"Maybe we could test it out?"Yuri suggests.

"How?"Yoona questioned her.

"Soo, did your best friend give you a nickname?"Yul asked me curiously.

"She always called me 'Youngie'..."I replied with a thoughtful look.

"Alright, keep that ring in full view okay?"Yuri pats my shoulder. "We're gonna start calling you Youngie around her to see if she reacts.. If not we're gonna have to be blunt and just ask."she shrugged slightly.

"Good idea unnie!"Yoona nodded.

"That is actually a good idea, I'm surprsied you thought of it Yul."I commented only to get knocked on the head.

"What's that suppose to mean?"She pouted, causing us to laugh.

"Unnies let's go before the cuts get infected."Seohyun stopped giggling to tell us that, leave it to maknae to bring the mood back to a serious one. Don't get me wrong, she's fun but... she needs to lighten up sometimes...

So now we continued our walk to the girls' locker room. Hopefully she's still there by the time we get there..

______________________________

Hyoyeon's POV

I finished my shower not to long ago yet Jessica was still not back yet. I don't mind her not being here, I was in relief honestly. I don't think I can handle anymore excitment today.... If she saw me ....

I shivered at the thought and proceeded to fix my belt, fumbling to put the object on. As I did that the door opens and the girls were there in different clothing. I noticed Jessica there since she's the only one still in the uniform. "Welcome back."I greet her.

"Hyoyeon-unnie, we heard what happened from Sica-unnie.."Seohyun walks towards me and looked at the scratches on the upper part of my body. "We need to treat these."She told me seriously.

"Uhh.. No, I'm okay. I'll just get BoA-unnie to do i--"

"Unnie, we can do it."Seohyun stopped me from talking. "Can someone get the first aid kit?"she looked at the others while she grabs my hand and sits me down on the bench close by.

"I'm gonna shower real quick and change while you guys do that."Jessica tells them, stripping in front of us. I stared, eyes widened.

"W-Wait!"I stuttered a bit. I surprised everyone with that. Crap.... "Uhnn... Shouldn't you uhh.... strip close to the shower so you can be quick??"I suggested. She thought about it but goes to do as said and strip close to the shower stall, that way I don't see her. I'm only used to seeing BoA-unnie , not anyone else. It'd be awkward for me to see other girls ....

"Youngie, can you grab the first aid kit?"I hear Yuri call out. I turn towards them and look to who she was talking too. It was Sooyoung....

"Uhmm sure."Sooyoung nodded and started walking towards a cabinet in the girls locker room. She opened it and pulled out the first aid kit. I noticed that when she was walking back, her necklace bounced a bit. Looking closer, her necklace had a ring hanging from it.

'That ring looks familiar....'I thought to myself.

"Youngie, just put it down over there."Sunny motioned to the empty area beside me on the bench. Sooyoung could only nod as she gets closer and places it there. Her hand brushing against my own. Looking closely I see words on the inside and felt a pang in my brain.

It hurts...Memories were forcing their way back out from the safe I keep in my brain. I grab my head in pain when it got to the point of it feeling like something was stabbing my brain.

"Hyoraengi, are you okay!?"Sooyoung asked me all of a sudden, she looked really worried. She should be... When she called me that, the pain increased.

I'm starting to see images now... of when I was young, before my family's death. 'A girl.. there was another girl in my life....' I groaned loudly and shook my head slowly.

I was broughten out of my thoughts when Seohyun placed a hand on me. "Unnie, are you alright?" She asked in a weary tone.

I could only nod, "Seohyun, I can't have you fix my wounds. I need BoA-unnie, she has a certain way of doing thing--"

"How does she do it?"Seohyun asked me.

"Excuse me?"I was confused, why is she asking me that...?

"How does she fix you up, unnie?"She repeated for me. Staring me in the eyes, it was intense...

"S-She uhh... She kisses at my cuts before cleaning it up and bandaging." I reply silently.

"All of your cuts?"

"Ne..."

Seohyun nodded, she opened the first aid kit and got extremly close to me. Getting on her knees in front of me. My breath hitched when she got closer and started to kiss softy at the cut on my shoulder. I trembled from contact, I'm only used to BoA for a lot of things. So this is weird...

"S-Seohyun."I hear the others call her in a surprised tone.

"Unnies. I suggest you help out too. If we wanna leave here we're gonna need to work together to get this done."Seohyun says in a serious tone but I saw the blush on her cheeks. She kissed the cut on my shoulder a bit more before cleaning it up with alcohol.

"I guess after this we all should just go home."Taeyeon looked at the time. "We don't really have time to party since it's a school night. So we could just do it on the weekends."she suggested.

The others agreed. My body jerked back when I felt 6 more lips touch my body. Touching different scratches at the same time. A moan escapes my lips when someone blew on my ear, trying to kiss the cut on my cheek. It was Tiffany, she accidentally blew on my ear. I turn to face her, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"M-Miahne..."Tiffany stuttered out in embarrassment. She goes to kiss my cheek softly, trying to help finish things quickly. Just as they were half way done. Jessica comes back out, she stared at us in shock. I thank the Gods that she was clothed already.

"What are you girls doing??"She asked in a confused tone.

"What does it look like we're doing?"Yuri laughed nervously. They all were blushing, I was too.. I could feel it. "We're cleaning up her cuts."

After a few more minutes of them doing that, they were done. I quickly got up, this was too much already. I pull my tanktop on and my flannel then grabbed my bag and keys. "I...I need to go.."I tell them before running out of the girls' locker room quickly.

I need a hot bath....

_____________________________

Taeyeon's POV

We watched Hyoyeon run out quickly.

"W-Wait, Hyoyeon."Jessica called out, she picked up the leather jacket Hyoyeon left with us and tried to run out to see if the girl was just at the end of the hallway. "She's gone.."Jessica told us from outside after looking around a bit. We hear the sound of Hyoyeon's motorcycle roaring from in here and quickly make our way to the windows in the hallway outside of the girls' locker room.

Hyoyeon was driving away quickly on her motorcycle.

"Welp.. There she goes."I commented, sighing a bit. I look at Jessica as she held Hyoyeon's jacket tightly.

"Maybe we can return it to her?"Tiffany wondered. "Sica can I see the jacket?"She asked. Jessica looked wearily at her and showed her the jacket. "Ah, see. There's an address."

"Let's just give it back to her tomorrow, when she's here."I shrugged.

"Sica, since you like her so much you can hold the jacket."Sunny tells Jessica with a small grin, causing Jessica to blush brightly. "By the way, did you see how she reacted when Yul called Sooyoung, youngie? Pretty suspicious... I think she IS Sooyoung's best friend from the past."

"Why doesn't she say anything though?"Yoona questioned. "Did she not figure it out yet?"

"Maybe not.. I don't think she remembers.."I sighed, she seemed really... in conflict with herself before.

"Hmm.. okay."Yonna nodded. "So Sica-unnie, 'blonde knight'?"She reminded us of how Jessica told us what happened to her and how Hyoyeon saved her. Jessica called Hyoyeon a Blonde Knight before without realizing it.

"Y-Yah!!"Jessica was blushing brightly now, embarrassed. "Dak-cho!"she bonked Yoona on the head. "Can w-we just leave already."

"I find it interesting that the ice princess found a knight on the knight's first day of school."Sunny commented only to get hit too from the the said princess'.

"I'm leaving.."Jessica grabbed her things and started walking, she unintentionally put Hyoyeon's jacket on.

"A-Ah, wait for us!"Sunny called out as we started following Sica. "We should have a sleep over tonight. Tae, does you closet still have our extra uniforms in it?"

I nodded. Let me explain this a bit, we always leave extra uniforms for each and everyone one of us in everyones closets.. So if we ever have a slumber party on a school day, we'd be prepared for the next day. "To my house~~"I didn't even wait for agreements since I know they'd come. Even Seohyun, her parents aren't that strict anymore so she's fine with slumber parties now.

Jessica sighed, "I'll go call my parents." She tells us.

"Let's all do that."I nodded. "Tiffany, call your maid and tell her you won't be home."

Tiffany nodded slightly as we all called our parents while walking off of school grounds. It was weird once we passed the gates though... For me it was weird...

I felt like... someone was watching me...

'Meh... Might be my imagination messing with me....' or so I thought...